Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

goatface posted:

What the gently caress makes a polo shirt tactical?

In the right hands it can be used to kill a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"tactical" shirts/pants generally just claim to allow more freedom of movement than a normal shirt... but really they just make you look like a midwestern dad

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wtf is a fluke

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

Wtf is a fluke

Probably a voltage tester of some kind. Which I'm sure he has to use all of the time while emptying trash cans and sweeping floors.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
im the pristine dm's

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Somehow the gun makes him less threatening. Like he's flagging that he's a big pushover baby.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Nah bro, those things break.

naem
May 29, 2011

In the unlikely scenario that someone attacks you and you then defend yourself, in the court case they will use against you the fact you had a TACTIPEN®™© saying you go around looking for excuses to use weapons on people just fyi

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

naem posted:

In the unlikely scenario that someone attacks you and you then defend yourself, in the court case they will use against you the fact you had a TACTIPEN®™© saying you go around looking for excuses to use weapons on people just fyi

Ding ding ding.

This is correct.

naem
May 29, 2011

The ultimate end of any self defense situation isn't standing triumphantly on a pile of corpses while hot ladies make out with you noisily and commando dude high five you.

it's a long court case where a professional criminal uses all the tricks to counter sue you and portrays himself as a "single dad trying to FEED HIS FAMILY FEED HIS FAMILY" and they show a bunch of kids with real big eyes yelling DADDY and then they go "ladies and gentlemen of the jury I present to you the deadly weapon this man used on my single father client, the TACTIPEN®™©" and then that same YouTube video of guys karate chopping each other yelling EXTREEM makes you look like a psycho and you owe your mugger a million dollars

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just write them a cheque with your tactipen and then dare them to cash it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

naem posted:

The ultimate end of any self defense situation isn't standing triumphantly on a pile of corpses while hot ladies make out with you noisily and commando dude high five you.

it's a long court case where a professional criminal uses all the tricks to counter sue you and portrays himself as a "single dad trying to FEED HIS FAMILY FEED HIS FAMILY" and they show a bunch of kids with real big eyes yelling DADDY and then they go "ladies and gentlemen of the jury I present to you the deadly weapon this man used on my single father client, the TACTIPEN®™©" and then that same YouTube video of guys karate chopping each other yelling EXTREEM makes you look like a psycho and you owe your mugger a million dollars

But this is somethjing only white people would buy, so...

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

naem posted:

Nah bro, just keep a different shirt and hat in your backpack.

Trimet police arnt that smart.

Hashtag, jasonbournethefuckouttathereafterbeatingsomeonetodeath

:rolleyes:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

in the earlier video the bald man said he has never had trouble carrying the pen with him, but gives no indication of how many times it's saved his life.

naem
May 29, 2011

I want to watch Jason Bourne now
Oh wait his gf dies in movie two I forgot, hated that

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

in the earlier video the bald man said he has never had trouble carrying the pen with him, but gives no indication of how many times it's saved his life.

It also repels tigers

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Is the gun just tucked into his belt? Also whats a minuse?

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Nice idea if you're into all the martial arts stuff but personally I'm going to stick with my Davey Crockett Tactical Recoilless Fountain Pen.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

i saw an episode of macguyver or something one time where some dude was in a plane and choking or something and his windpipe was blocked and CPR didn't work so macguyver took a pen apart and stuck it into this dudes throat so he could breathe and saved him

can your pen do that? you could be a hero

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sidecrab posted:

I think that's mini usb

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sidecrab posted:

I think it says mini USB. Probably so he has something to copy the top-secret files to after picking the lock on the computer room.

naem
May 29, 2011

Otacon posted:

i saw an episode of macguyver or something one time where some dude was in a plane and choking or something and his windpipe was blocked and CPR didn't work so macguyver took a pen apart and stuck it into this dudes throat so he could breathe and saved him

That is called a tracheotomy and yes

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Otacon posted:

they almost did this in the pilot episode of lost

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
if you are so mentally ill that you live in a state of constant terror to the point where a tactical pen seems like a good idea then a gym membership is a cheaper and a better investment in your short- and long-term survival than joining the Skinny-Fat Sleep Apnea Concealed Weaponry Crew

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sleeveless posted:

if you are so mentally ill that you live in a state of constant terror to the point where a tactical pen seems like a good idea then a gym membership is a cheaper and a better investment in your short- and long-term survival than joining the Skinny-Fat Sleep Apnea Concealed Weaponry Crew

ya lol ok then you get strong and some thug pulls a gun on you. You reach into the v in your v neck shirt but there is no pen there. You are unarmed! Then the thug kills you and your last thought is regret as to not buying the babyfood pen

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

JakeP posted:

ya lol ok then you get strong and some thug pulls a gun on you. You reach into the v in your v neck shirt but there is no pen there. You are unarmed! Then the thug kills you and your last thought is regret as to not buying the babyfood pen

i bet sleeveless has some big guns

he has a gym membership

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

ZombieParts posted:

i bet sleeveless has some big guns

he has a gym membership

Guns are for street thugs and gangsters. True samurai warriors wield Pens and shurikans

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Here is a sick Ninja starter kit for anyone trying to become a ninja.

I dont know how these work but I bet they will destroy tons of bad guys

http://www.amazon.com/Starter-Kawas...nja+starter+kit

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Pens are pretty good weapons, but a regular pen works fine. It won't break because you're only going to have an inch of weapon that isn't being held within your fist.

They can't break glass though. So try not to fight any glass with a regular pen.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

They can't break glass though. So try not to fight any glass with a regular pen.

*spitting out craft beer and chips* THIS ONE DOES!

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
I had no idea Amazon.com could help easily transform me into a walking Cuisinart with optional bludgeoning modes:

http://www.amazon.com/Fury-Tactical-Kuba-Kickz-Defense-Control/dp/B00ETPGP3S

http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Spike-Self-Defense-Counter-Attack/dp/B00BR03EBO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

nnnotime posted:

I had no idea Amazon.com could help easily transform me into a walking Cuisinart with optional bludgeoning modes:

http://www.amazon.com/Fury-Tactical-Kuba-Kickz-Defense-Control/dp/B00ETPGP3S

http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Spike-Self-Defense-Counter-Attack/dp/B00BR03EBO

MPs in a certain area got in trouble for using those boot spikes.

• Locked thread