Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Scene 2:

At long last, Homeroom comes. Mr. Bradshaw arrives, takes register, and then leaves. And in that short amount of time, Homeroom ends! Those who skipped Homeroom get a text to the effect of 'Please report to school grounds on weekend for community service!', but that's about as much punishment as people get at this school.

Jess&Max: What dreams/nightmares do you have? What finally wakes each of you up? What's the next port of call, once that nap's done with?

Nathan: Mr. Bradshaw doesn't even care that you're on the phone when he arrives, letting you finish your conversation in peace. When that's done, do you stay in class, tending to the problems of people here? (Who has a problem, how do you try to solve it?) Or do you go in search of the wandering lost souls that have left the classroom? (Who do you pursue? Why?)

Alex&Alister: Do you go to Homeroom before Mr. Bradshaw arrives, or write it off and go do something fun somewhere else?

Anna: When you get Sarah's text, Hugo reads it too. Be careful with that one. Keep your wits and will about you if you insist on treating with her. Do you listen to his advice, or brush it off? Do you go to Sarah's place, or not?

Sarah: Erik replies back quickly with a

quote:

sure. wat r we doin??
When you go to RUL's apartment, what do you see that betrays RUL's mood? How does it inform your behaviour? What do you do with Erik when he arrives?

Nyx: When you get home, your mother's already there. What does she have to say about the state you're in? Do you care? What special Fae request does she make of you? Do you plan to do it, or rebel?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: -1, Trespass: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: none

Listening to Lily say 'gently caress' this much after her earlier display definitely makes it hard to concentrate, but I still listen and make prompting noises at the appropriate places. This is a lot to take in, and I doubt I would fully understand the situation even if I did.

“That's some heavy poo poo,” I tell her. “Nothing's ever simple once sex gets involved. Jess might say she's okay with what you do, but maybe she's not, you know?” I half-raise my hand when Mr. Bradshaw calls my name. “I know this might not be a consideration for you, but I would just take sex off the table completely. Once you stop putting out, that's when you'll find the people who really care about you. Make 'em work for you. Think about it, at least.”

Wait, what the gently caress am I doing giving actual advice to her? These two are totally wrong for each other. I should just tell her that. I want to. But the way she's sniffling and cracking... Have I really fallen so far?

“If you did stop, do you really think she would stick with you? Looking at things from the outside, it seems like she only cares about your body. I mean, look how she's acting from it momentarily not being hers. You can do better than jealousy like that.”

poo poo. I guess I have.

“Whatever you do, I got your back.”

Orbs fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 14, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

I was still walking in the rain towards my house, getting a bit closer to it - I could see it honestly. The advice... advice wasn't helping my mood, I just sort of listened and then didn't say a word, until he said he had my back, "gently caress, I mean... I know wanting people for only their body. I mean goddamn, I do that all the time. Like uh, once a week at least. But I... is it really like that with her? Is that why she got so mad?" I was asking it out loud, "I mean... I dunno, I don't really know what it's like to be possessive or whatever, but I mean, I thought she cared."

I couldn't figure out what it was, and I just groaned into the phone, "Look, I'll get back to school in an hour or so. Should be around when homeroom ends. I think I'll try it though. Less sex all the time for a bit. Tell her I'm trying that tomorrow and see how she reacts at least, I guess if she just wants to gently caress me she wont respect it or be happy with it. If she doesn't just want that... maybe it'll help. gently caress. I'm going to have to wear an actual shirt when I come back. And pants." I complained out loud, but I was at my door step, "Look, I'm gonna go now. Enjoy your class, I'm gonna get changed and get back. I can't deal with a day of being alone after all this, I'll go insane. Thanks for picking up, Nate."

It wasn't what I wanted to hear, not at all, but... it was true at least. Maybe everyone did just want me for sex, and I mean I didn't mind it, but Jess? Jess I wanted for more than that. I liked to hold her afterwards, a bit, just feed off her happiness slowly and watch her dream. Maybe it wasn't true love, but gently caress...

Doubt Sarebear will be happy.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot -1 Cold 0 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Desperate for Attention, Blamed

txt to Anna posted:

cool

txt to Erik posted:

bowling* and breakfast? and movies or tv and poo poo? and maybe more?

txt to Nyx posted:

Cool, have fun.

Sliding my phone back into my pocket as I'm at my front-door, my keys replace it in-hand as I unlock the door to my apartment. The building was condemned, and I'm the only tenant. All the other apartments are empty, cobwebbed, and derelict. Mine (#6 of course) is still in pretty good shape though. It's not the biggest place in the world - decent sized living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.

Flipping the lights on (every window has incredibly solid drapes in front of it - I do NOT want people seeing in here) and oh goody, RUL's left me a present. Guess for handling Nyx so easily? And skillfully, I might add. Literally, a wrapped present sitting in my favorite spot on the sofa, big red bow on it and everything. Might as well see what I've earned. Unwrapping, opening, and...

Ughhhh oh my god RUL!

Ok, RUL has decided I've earned a loving rotten heart in a box. loving Hilarious. "Is this for asking about Nyx?" I ask the empty air, knowing that he's listening there. It's his apartment too. "This isn't like the Jake request RUL, Nyx isn't loving dead!" For a second I consider yelling at him, going further, but stop. No sense... I mean, you don't give someone a loving torn out heart if you're pleased with them. Unless you're Khal Drogo or something.

Walking the incredibly lovely gift to the trashcan, I toss it the the bottom, then clean my kitchen up enough (dumping the collected trash on top of it of course) to make sure it's well covered. Would be kinda funny if it started beating in the trash-can when I have guests over later. Heading back to the couch, I flop down where he'd left the present, kicking my feet up on the table. Reaching for the drawer I keep my paraphernalia and drugs in, I withdraw a bowl and my grinder, load the bowl, and start blazing.

Can't believe RUL won't give me Nyx. He wouldn't give me Jake back either, but this feels different. Like... why? Why can't I have her? Why isn't she coming to hang out?! It's frustrating.

Erik arrives, and I walk on over to let him in. It's not like he's never been here before, nor is smoking a surprise to him. "Sup?"

"Not much dude, here." Handing him the piece, I sit down next to him on the couch. That Nyx isn't coming over for round two is kinda really frustrating me. Might be fun to flirt with Erik for a bit? He's not Jake, but he's a decent substitute.

"So dude, you like the show earlier? Was driving Nyx crazy." I mean, he had to have thought that was hot, right?

Turn On Erik: 2d6-1 4

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 14, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

Mom's always there, she doesn't work, so I just hoped she'd be asleep. I closed the door and nothing happened, so I pulled off my jacket and hung it up, then threw my skirt to the ground, drenched as it was. It was my house so gently caress yeah I was going to walk around in just panties if I wanted to, I wasn't dealing with being waterlogged up to my room. My mom didn't need to work, my dad handled finances for basically every criminal and crook in Detroit. And uh, let me tell you, there's a lot of those. At my last birthday, the Don of the local Zerilli mob family showed up with a few of his goons, to introduce me to his grandson - who is two years older than me. That's how important my dad is to these kinds of people. So yeah my mom didn't need to work and we lived in a fancy house and I only had on a neon pink thong.

Of loving course my mom chose that time to peak out around the corner from upstairs in a bathrobe only - she must have been in bed but not asleep. Her voice was so annoyingly stern and serious, "Let me guess, you got jumped by a bunch of strange men and decided to sleep you way out of them. Where have you been young lady? You didn't even come home last night! Your father and I give you plenty of freedom to grow, but we expect you to at least call us if you're going to be gone!" Oh my gosh she was nagging, so what if I spent the night at the warehouse, it had a bedroom for a reason. Well, for a few reasons, but still, I changed the sheets at least.

I didn't even get a chance to reply before she stared at me, she seemed to realize what was going on or at least that I was upset, because she started laughing, maybe she realized how grey the world felt to me, "Oh, my little girl's growing up!" She said it so proudly as she came down the stairs, and grabbed my face. She did that Mom Thing where she kissed my cheeks and then my forehead, and I tried to pull away but Mom... well, Mom was strong. She was a Fae just like my dad, and a Noble of her own right. Fully come into her power and all that. "Tell me baby, what does it look like, now that you're seeing real misery? Is it bleeding from the walls? Are you hearing screams of anguish from all around you? Oh I remember my first time, I was a little older than you. You know that kind of thing only happens when you're really upset, and well, I was a little more mature than you, so I didn't go getting myself into stupidity like you do. Constantly."

Ouch, thanks mom. That was all I could think even as she kept holding my face in place, and I knew she wouldn't let go of it. She didn't care if I was upset or what really happened, she wanted to know how I felt, "It feels like poo poo and like everything's made out of grey, now let go of me." She wasn't gonna let go, and I knew it, she had that look on her face, that look that meant she needed something or wanted to show me off to the Court. I was so tired of meeting the Court, I was the only Fae kid around here so it was just all stuffy adults working to make the world more miserable.

"Look, darling, I know you have things you wanted to do tomorrow probably, but your dad and I decided we would take you to your first real meeting of the Court, once you'd gotten your first glimpse at the misery. And there just happens to be one tomorrow morning, you should even be at school by... oh, say, lunch time?" I stared at her, I just stared. It had to be tomorrow, it loving had to be tomorrow. After all this poo poo and my only chance at making it up to Jess was in danger because of stupid Faery bullshit. I was shaking in her arms and I knew I was about to scream.

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 9
Marking XP.

I held it in. If I screamed, if I said no, she'd just lock me in my room until tomorrow. Instead I just bowed my head, "I'll think about it." I wasn't going to lie and say yes, everything I can do they can do better, I know that much. If I make a promise to them and don't keep it, I'm in more than trouble. So I don't make promises unless I plan to do them, not with my parents. At least she let go of me with that, and let me go up to my room. I put on a bra - an actual bra - and then threw on a shirt, a cute tie dye one that was maybe a little too low cut - okay it exposed basically the top of my bra and all of my cleavage, but it was the least revealing shirt I had - and a pair of shorts. Sparkly pink shorts with rhimestones down the side. They also glowed in the dark. Again, I wasn't exactly working with the best wardrobe. At least these ones had actual legs, and weren't basically just big underwear.

After I was dressed I go down stairs, and there's my mom, waiting with a black fancy dress on and a black umbrella, already expecting me to ask for a ride, keys in hand. I don't even say anything, and she just smiles as I walk out the door into the rain - though she does hold the umbrella over me as I get into the passenger seat of the car. The trip to school from home was a lot quicker in a car. Wish I could have one. She at least was smart enough to drop me off about a block away - keep the 'poors' as she called them from seeing my wealth, to help me stay out of trouble. Had to take the stupid umbrella though, she insisted, so here I was with an overly gothic umbrella walking up to the school's doors. No one cared that I was late or asked for student ID or anything.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions:

I can't believe this poo poo. Why do I have to live in Detroit? Why are they sending me to this horrible Remedial School? My mother said she can't handle me right now...Dr. Garrett said that suicide attempts are inherently selfish. That makes me selfish. And a failure.

Is that why I was thrown away? The bedroom is almost empty. Vern says he had a spare mattress, it's no bigger than the mattress at the Hospital. Less straps. There's a loving abandoned building across the road. Like me, everyone who ever wanted it ran away from it.

I'm in front of the school building. It looks like a prison. It looks like where hope goes to die. There is no color here. Everything is grey. The students all stare at my hair. I put up my hoodie. Hide, blend in. I hope they can't see the fear in my eyes.

No one pays attention to the homeroom teacher. The homeroom teacher doesn't pay attention to anyone. I sit in the corner, hiding. Hoping no one finds me.

A girl sits on the corner of the desk. I notice her hair - it's like mine. It has color in this colorless place. Then her smile. Her eyes. Then that she's spreading her legs and showing me her panties.

"What are you doing?" I ask. My voice echoes.

"Trying to gently caress the new girl, duuuuh." She responds. I mouth her words, like I've heard this before.

We kiss, me and Nyx. She breathes color into me. Life. I haven't felt that in a long time. Did I ever feel life before? She's like the sun, and she orbits around this place, bringing light and color wherever she goes. When she leaves me, the greyness returns.

Eventually, she doesn't come back. I'm standing on tiptoes, waiting for her to come back and shine. But instead there's Sarah's face, sneering. Anna, in the distance, taking pictures and hiding. I realize I'm naked. I'm cold, alone. The colors drain out of me.

They're all red. Like blood. I am swimming in it. Drowning. They all laugh. They boo me. All those voices. Sarah, Anna, Dr. Garrett, Mother. Father. Vern.

I see a light. I can't breathe. I swim for it. There's a figure, standing at a shore that I didn't know. The light illuminates behind her, but I can't see her face. I reach for her. I can't breathe.

I wake up in a coughing fit, shivering. I didn't realize the window was still opened and I fell asleep without anything on. "poo poo, gently caress, arse." I curse quietly under my breath, trying not to wake the other one wearing my face. I get up, I shut the window and I exhale, blinking out the last motes of sleep from my eyes. I stare, at the other me, for a moment. But no, no matter how much she is like me, she's Max. She isn't Jess. I wouldn't want her to be, it wouldn't be fair to her. It wouldn't be really fair to anybody, I guess.

I look at myself in the mirror, thinking. Nyx wasn't attracted to me because I was like her. She was attracted to me because I was...well...like me. Quiet, vulgar, maybe. No real sense of fashion. I look at the discarded clothes I was wearing earlier. Like what I'd wear - if I was Nyx. I look at Max, still sleeping on the bed. "gently caress." I mutter. Maybe we were the same. But I wasn't half as good at it.

I open up my closet and push aside all the things I had bought since I moved here. It had only been a month but Dad (the arsehole) had contributed a stupid amount of money towards trying to buy me off. But the things I had brought with me were still there, hiding in a tote. I open it up.

A few minutes later, I had re-dressed in a hoodie and black jeans, and the black Converse that Max had worn when she confronted Nyx earlier. I take out a notebook, rip out a page. Sit at the vanity, write.

quote:

Maxi,

Thank you for trying to help. Rest as long as you want. I've got some poo poo that needs to be taken care of. I won't wait passively anymore.

If Vern comes home, you know how to handle him. Best of luck! I'll let you know how it goes.

-Jessamine

I leave the note for Max on the pillow when she wakes up. I take my phone, and my keys, and I shut the door behind me. Then I type a text. Inhale, and ignore the hand tremor as I press send.

quote:

I know I said wait for tomorrow, but don't. Answer your phone in ten seconds.

I count as I walk down the stairs out the front door and start heading back towards the school. And then I hit the 'call button'.

Here's hoping she'd pick up.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 14, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Stalker

I duck in and out of doorways and bus stands as I make my way towards Sarah's house. My jacket is soaked through, heavy like chain mail; my leggings are clinging like a second skin. You couldn't have told me it would rain, Hugo?

I believe the most apt answer to that would be this: not my department.

I scowl and dodge a spray of water from a passing truck. He's loving with me, of course. He could tell me every weather report from here to the Pacific. I stop under the edge of a gas station roof and check my phone. There's a reply from Jess. Doesn't look like she bought my apology. That's not especially surprising. Best not to push it. Though it's not like this will be any easier in person.

quote:

ok

I ignore the part about Sarah. What could I say? If Jess wants to pin this all on the girl Nyx hosed rather than, you know, Nyx... like I said, I don't understand her. All I can do is help her hurt less. Hopefully. If we can get over the whole stalking thing. And the whole making out thing. God, this is going to be awkward -

the slave has a talent for making enemies. what does that suggest to you?

I don't even bother to answer. I step back out into the rain, shivering as it flattens my hair.

she has no agenda but her own survival. since she has that in hand, her thoughts turn to her own advancement. you must be wary.

Mighty winter, Hugo. Thought that was the way things were. Or were you serious about me doing good for others? Talk about mixed messages. I know what he's going to say - he'll reply with some vague crap about keeping me strong, keeping me safe, guiding me to my fate blah blah blah.

He doesn't, though. The silence stretches on until the urge to twist my head around becomes unbearable. But when I do, he's not there.

Hugo?

My shoulder feels oddly naked as I walk the remaining distance to Sarah's lovely apartment block. I hit the buzzer for apartment #6. Be like that, then.

His voice sounds slightly further away than usual. know that even as you walk into danger, I shall remain at your side.

I smile. But not literally, of course. He doesn't reply.

Edited in a short reply to Jess.

Gato fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 14, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'd barely walked through the door and gotten to the girl's restroom - I was planning to make sure I still looked good, what can I say, just because I'm not going to be loving doesn't mean I can't look good. I do look good of course, my hair's already up like I like it and it's not like I need makeup - well, unless I want to have green lips or whatever. But the normal red was good enough for me, the perks of being like, flawless.... physically at least. Something in me hurt as I got prideful, and just as I was starting to sigh my ringtone started going for a text. Not just any tone either, "Beat beat nana" it said, and I pulled it out quick. That was Jess' tone.

Ten seconds? I just stood there staring at the screen, and the phone didn't even have time to start making noise before I'd hit the button to answer it, "J-jess?" I asked it a little hesitantly. I didn't know what to say to her, I just tried to apologize before she could even speak, "Jess I'm so sorry, I realize I hosed up, I do. I-I uh, I'm back at school but I mean, I can ditch again, if you want to see me? I mean... gently caress." I trailed off, I waited for her to scream at me, to yell, to be crying on the other end. I could feel the little bits of good feeling I was getting from pride over my appearance dropping away, my stomach churning, I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

Today sucked.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions:

Well, someone was good at counting, at least. "Hey, Nyx." I said, keeping my voice calm, though it was at least easy to tell I was still walking by the slight exertion in my voice and the necessity to be a bit louder to talk over the sound of rain. I paused, I let her say her part. Then I laughed, a little. Not derisively, just enough to let the tension out. "I always want to see you, you ninny. I uh, gently caress, I've got poo poo to tell you. I think I owe you an explanation on some stuff." Sure, maybe she was in the wrong, but it hadn't been fair of me to keep my, well, my past and poo poo, quiet from her.

"Look, pick a spot, we'll meet there. Just you and me, ok? I promise I won't loving go off..." A beat, while I remembered what Max-as-me had told me. At least she got the half-latina/half-german thing down. "...again. I had a nap, cleared my head." Hopefully. "I'm headed towards the school right now, so, anyplace between there and here that grabs ya?" I hop over a puddle, and make a squeak as I almost flub landing on the other side. Clearly she heard it. Embarrassing. "uh...anyway...uhm, yeah." Way to keep your cool dumbass.

Juuuust realized I made a promise to a fae. Oops. Taking an xp.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 14, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

She... wasn't yelling at me? She wasn't even crying, though I could hear the rain so she must have been going for a walk, "Same here." I said it quickly, softly, not wanting to interrupt her but needing to reply when she said she liked to see me. I did like to see her, she was fun and great and I probably liked her more than I should but I was happy when I was with her. I mean I was happy always usually, but especially happy with her. She was regular, and good, and fun despite it. I didn't get tired of her like I got tired of so many others.

"Your uh, maybe your playground? I mean it has uhm, like, those toys to sit under right? So we wouldn't be too wet. Unless you wa-." gently caress I was already starting to make a sex joke and she hadn't even forgiven me. I had to remember what Nathan said, about holding back and seeing who really cares, "Unless you uh, want to get to school? I mean I have an umbrella so I can come out in the rain." Even if I didn't have an umbrella I'd go out there, and I was already pushing the door open and leaving the restroom. I think the staff did a double take as they watched me leave school only a few minutes after I'd arrived, after leaving earlier too, but they certainly didn't stop me.

I opened the umbrella - it was so stupidly ornate, like something that'd be fitting for a fancy party, not actual rain, but somehow it actually seemed to work. I don't ask about these things, really, but it certainly didn't match my outfit. Even if she wanted to meet at school I'd wait outside for her at least, and I was ready to run to the playground if she wanted that.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Okay, yeah, playground works. There's a...poo poo, what'retheycalled... gazebo in the corner, I'll see you there." I put the phone away before it ended up waterlogged.

I didn't particularly consider an umbrella or an actual coat, so, whoops.

----

As a result, by the time I got to the gazebo, I had definitely put up the hood on the hoodie, but the shirt itself was massively waterlogged and clung to me mildly uncomfortably. Oh well. I was too wet to really feel the cold, for now. I'm sure once I stopped getting rained on I'd start shivering, but that was my own fuckheaded fault, so whatever. Regardless, best foot forward...my sneakers going 'squish squish' as I stepped onto the stone floor of the spot.

"Hey." I said, timidly, pulling my hood down. I could feel my hair being a frizzy mess, it probably looked like I had been attacked by a cotton candy mixer. Whatever. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and wrung it out for a moment, then sheepishly smirked. "I uh, didn't really fuckin' plan for the weather, or whatever." A beat as I looked at her. "Holy poo poo I think that's the most covered I've ever seen you." That was probably bad. "gently caress, sorry, I uh, that's probably on me." So, I was waterlogged, but, otherwise, basically wearing what she first saw me in. Wonder if she'd notice, or...

...didn't matter, I guess. Keep going, don't get caught up in what ifs. "Hey so, I wanted to, like, first of all, say I didn't mean it. When I told you not to talk to me. I was pissed and, well, I mean, I don't want to be upset about that poo poo. I don't want you to think I like, don't like you or whatever." I breathe out, ok. "So first: Nyx, I like really, really loving lo..." eep! "l-like you." Good save slick. "It's probably stupid. You probably think I'm just some silly little girl or whatever, and I probably am. poo poo, I don't know, but like, you're like...you're amazing, and I just get scared that...like you'll see through me and keep going. Or something." Ok, stop rambling on that point. "I wanted to say some stuff to you, about stuff you never really asked about, or whatever. I-if that's ok, I mean. I like, think that poo poo might be important."

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The walk was easy enough and the umbrella kept me mostly dry, I was technically a little closer to the playground than Jess so I got there first. I just sort of stood their awkwardly, in my low cut tie dye shirt and rhimestone pink shorts, looking fit for a party, not a serious discussion. I was watching around the playground for anyone coming up, and saw a few drive by, but no one walking. I just stood waiting, and I don't know how long it took before Jess got there.

But she did, and I saw her walking up, even beneath her hood, I recognized her and it made me smile to do so. I let her talk first though, I didn't want to interrupt, though I had to giggle at her comment on my outfit, pulling it down some to show off just a little more skin for a moment, before realizing what I was doing and releasing it, "I figured I should cover up a bit and... well, this was the best I could do." I couldn't help but laugh a tiny bit at that, and moved in closer to the waterlogged Jess, before suddenly stopping. No, she doesn't want me close to her, she just got done yelling at me an hour ago, "L-like I said earlier... I... I really do think I love you, Jess. I mean... It's not... it's not normal but." I trailed off...

"You're not a silly little girl to me, you're fun and cute and I like spending time with you, and it's great. But I'm stupid and I need more than... just you? I do care for you, more than any of the other people I flirt with. But sometimes I get needy and stupid and I want more. And I'm sorry it hurt you... but it... it never means I don't want you. There's a reason I call you my main girl, that's what you are. I... I tried to get Sarah to be nicer to you because I wanted to have her and you get along because I mean... gosh I'm stupid. I didn't even think about how it might hurt you after already hurting you today. Gosh I was rambling, and she wanted to talk about and I just stopped myself and bowed my head, it was so hard ot just apologize, "Sorry, I'll uh. Listen. If you want me to. After all that."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

She...she what? She WHAT!?

Okay, okay, stay calm. Why didn't Max mention that? Holy poo poo did she think like, we had already said that poo poo or...gently caress, Max, you...you...you sneaky little bitch.

I'll have to hug you later.

I let her keep talking, struggling to keep my expression neutral. She had kept herself at an awkward distance so it must have been important. When she finished, I nodded, but I closed the distance, some. "L-listen, you loving dweeb, I don't care that you gotta get wet sometimes. There are a lot of cute chicks out there, and you're popular and you're beautiful and I'd be a loving rear end in a top hat to try and stifle everything you want. I just...gently caress, if you want me around you have to involve me." I guess that was my line, not really something I had thought about before, but it made sense in context. I closed the distance a little more, just a little. "Like, if you can. I just...I don't want to be left behind." I paused, sigh. This was the hard part, here.

"So my rear end in a top hat of a father didn't put up a fight when my mother wanted to leave, you know that? He just watched as we left. I haven't seen him since. Haven't seen Seattle since. And my mother, she...gently caress she told me she'd never do that to me. But...but she did. She told me...she told me I was too much for her. People told me that SHE needed a break from ME, because of what I had done to myself..." I stopped myself and I swallowed. "Nyxyou'regoingtohatemeifIshowyouthis." It came out all at once, I didn't really mean to say it because I wasn't sure I could show her, yet. But this is what I came here to do. My voice got a bit fainter. "...gently caress...Pennsylvania was hard, for me. I didn't know anyone. We had no money. No one really wanted to...bother with a new girl in the middle of the school year. I guess I was too weird for a farm town. And, I got sad, and I wanted to go home. And my father still wasn't talking to me, and...my mother was already growing distant. I...so...I..." gently caress. My mouth hung open. Words just refused to form. Now I felt the cold, and I was shivering. I closed my eyes, and I rolled up a sleeve, and I showed her my forearm. Bandages from earlier today, and well...everything else. "...s-so they put me in a mental hospital...and my mother wouldn't take me back when they let me out, so I ended up here. My eyes were still closed, but I started rolling the sleeve back down. "I'm going to be straight with you - I fell in love with you so fast. You were...you're like a loving drug, and I...I haven't felt wanted...by anyone...for anything...for years." I shook my head. "None of this is your fault, Nyx. I just got scared that you'd give up on me...I just...I thought you'd stay with me if I was more like you, because you're so great, and I'm so lovely...but I realized that you weren't interested in something that fake when we first met. You were interested in me, or well, what I showed you of me. So now I guess, you know the rest of it." I didn't say the next part, the question, but it was probably loving obvious. Truth was, I sounded like a loving trainwreck laying it all out on the table. But it was honest. So, that's what I was going to roll with. I exhaled, not realizing I had been holding my breath after I stopped talking. And I opened my eyes, making sure there weren't any tears there first.

When did I get closer to her again? I didn't really remember moving again. I was almost nose to nose with her.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot -1, Cold +1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Gay, Friendly

Once we found Alex's jacket from where she'd discarded it, my phone had already buzzed with the text instructing me to come in on the weekend. I grumbled in annoyance and started to mutter under my breath until I notice Alex looking at me. I shove my phone back into my pocket and say, "Well, since we're already in trouble for cutting class, why don't we go hang out now?"

I pull my phone back out and text Nathan, "Caught up Alex and talked it out, so we're cool now. Still, took long enough that we're already busted for cutting, so we're just going to ditch for the rest of the day. Not like they're going to punish us more, right?"

I slip the phone back into my pocket and jerk my head, saying, "So, you ready?"

----------

The rain is starting to come down pretty hard, but the shelter isn't too far away. poo poo. I didn't want her to know I lived here. Still... maybe she'd forget about it once I showed her what's down here. I do a quick scan to make sure no one else is watching before I pick the basement door's lock. It takes me a little longer than normal because my hands are shaking a little from the cold rain. Still, a few moments later, the lock pops open, and I duck inside to get out of the rain. I look back at her, and she's not shivering at all. Girl's pretty tough all right. Closing the door behind us, take a moment to shake off some of the rain. No dice. I'm probably going to have to go change.

When we get to the floor, I look back and say, "So, I haven't shown anyone else this, so don't go blabbing about it. It's all I really got that's mine." Then, I kneel down, pry up the board, and reveal my Horde. It's mostly divided into two piles underneath the building. I'd laid out some plastic so nothing would get dirty or wet, though. On the right is a pile of jewelry. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces. Even a ring or two. It's mostly gold and silver, with a few fancy copper pieces that I thought were pretty enough to sell well at some point. On the left is electronics I think I could pawn really quick if I thought I needed some cash out of nowhere. There's a lot of phones. People tended to leave those lying around, after all. But I've also got a good number of DVDs (not that I had anything to watch them on) and some iPods. Portable game systems and a small smattering of games made up the rest of the pile.

I try and avoid staring, but I can't help it. I look at her face, searching for her reaction.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 14, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions

Thank God nobody stole my jacket. I check the patches to make sure that none of them are ripped any more than they already were; I had them ripped up just right.

"Sure," I tell Alister. "Let's go. I cut class, like, all the time," I add, lying. "No big."

I'm probably going to be the only person who shows up to community service on Saturday, aren't I?

----------------------------------

I don't like the rain. I've got long hair, and the water plasters it all over my face and down my back. From the sound Alister's teeth makes, I can tell that it's cold, but, well... not to me. I still don't like it, and I'm thankful to get in out of the rain. At least my jacket keeps my shirt from soaking and sticking to my skin.

I try not to stare at the shelter. Like, I live in an abandoned house and an old closet, and my place is still better than this. Does he live here? I hope not. Probably not. And then he unveils the--

Ooooooooooooooh!

I kneel down, hunkering over it, until I feel wet hair spattering droplets on his trove of stuff. "Sorry," I mumble. The jewelry's' nice, and there's a lot of it, but that's not what catches my eye -- past earrings, I never really got into that, although this one time Janey pierced my nose with a safety pin and it got infected -- it's the electronics. There's game-y things, and music players, and.... "Oh! A computer phone," I croon, picking it up. The little black glass thing is so sleek and shiny and futuristic, like a promise of better times. The case is clear, like crystal. I press the button, trying to turn it on, but nothing happens. The battery must be dead. I put it down, disappointed.

"It's all really cool," I tell Alister. "Really cool." I start to ask him where it came from, but it's so obviously stolen I don't bother. I get it. I smile uncertainly at him. I feel like a drowned rat as I tuck hair back behind my ears. I'm not sure what to say. "So is this, like... your home?" Oh crap! Wrong thing to say!

Wet Alex might inadvertently Turn Alister On: 2d6-1 2 NOPE! Cataclysmic failure leads to awkward conversation. Marking Xp.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 15, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx)
Currently Wearing :Jess's Clothing

Water licked around my feet, around my back, around my head. Light reflected among the placid water, from the moon and stars overhead. Nothing around for miles and miles. A sigh escaped my lips, as I just let myself... float. Relax. There was nothing to do here, nothing to worry about. I floated with the smallest currents, letting myself go where they did.

===

Endless facets reflected shining light and fragments of images around me. As far as I could see, it was reflections on reflections. It must have been what the inside of a crystal would look like- jutting, geometric, shining surfaces. I let my fingertips block the light, marvelling at the colors that danced across them, staring for a long time...

The colors changed, and I set my hand down. The reflections had changed, a hundred, a thousand images of people, each facet had the reflection of a person on it, smiling, laughing, practically glowing.

Nyx, Alex, Jess, even that gently caress Alister- and thousands more I'd never seen before..

I wasn't there.

====

I sat in Jess's kitchen. A man sat across from me, a smile across his face. The smile only increased the longer he sat there, staring every moment. I could not leave. I couldn't get up. I just sat , and ate Jess' breakfast. Just kept eating and eating, on to infinity, that stare never left my body. I had to go, I had to leave, I had to get out-
I reached to my face and pulled it off

====

I stood in the cafeteria, jeers and swearing thrown at me, vile curses and epithets spilled into my ears, a fist flung across my face. I was pulled away, someone dragged me out of that horrid place-
I stood in the cafeteria, staring at the woman who I'd saved, and the woman who I'd scorned. A fist flew into my stomach, and as I doubled over my face connected with a table, and my vision went red-
I stood in the cafeteria, and I reached to my face and tore it off

===

I looked at the husband who never loved her, and at the kids who she couldn't care for. A husband who hit her. She never found them, but I found the syringes in her daughter's bedroom. And she never told me, but I found the gun in hers. I stood here for a long time, before I reached to my face and gouged-

===

A thousand times and a thousand times again. It must have been, that I was trapped in that cycle of hells. A thousand lives and a thousand people. A thousand faces and none of them
mine.

===

Water poured into the room of crystal, the room of reflections, a torrent of rain and seawater forcing me against the walls, rising up and up towards the ceiling, the bubbles and foam covering my face and forcing their way into my mouth-

What should I be to free myself?
What do I need to be to find a place in this world?

Gaze into the abyss, Rolled in chat, 2d6-1=8, confusing and horrible visions please.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

I didn't say anything, I didn't respond to what she was talking about, I told her I'd let her speak and I did. I held my breath and I waited for her to finish, though I smiled with what she said, at least at first. As she discusses including her I give nods and I smile wider, I would make certain to attempt to do that more regularly, for certain. And then she started to show me her arms, the bandages, the scars, everything she'd done to herself, everything she did. Before she could roll her sleeves back up, I tenderly reached out, my fingers brushing just barely over the old scars, avoiding the new bandages. I was frowning, and I could tell tears were leaking from my eyes. I wasn't even trying to hold them back.

"You... you stupid idiot..." I frowned, and moved forward a half step, my lips moving to meet hers, bending down a little to do so, "You stupid idiot why would you hurt yourself like that I can't, please, please promise me you'll never do that because of me. Please." I was insistent, I was scared, for the first time in my life I was honestly scared of something. I was bringing someone to hurt themselves, just like my mother always said I would, just like my father always waited for me to do. I was becoming just like them, but I wouldn't be them. I was my own person, and I was better than them. I kissed her again, this time my hands moved around her back, I was holding her here by her butt, and kissing her.

I didn't want to let go, if it'd cause something like that. And if she broke it... if she made it and broke it, at least I'd know. I'd be able to stop her, wouldn't I?

Turn On Jess: 2d6+2 8

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 15, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: drained

I'm disgusted with this situation, and with myself. I'm leaving. I give Franklin and his pals a steely glare as I exit the room, then I'm out. I inadvertently walk right past my next class, though my remorse over doing so is fairly limited. I once stood by the side of the lord. What need do I have of this incomplete mortal knowledge?

With a dark countenance, I begin seeking out another lost soul instead. I am very pleased that Alister has resolved his situation with Alex, and Jess and Nyx should be doing their thing now, whatever that may be. Hopefully breaking up.

Hmm... What about Sarah? Nyx said she was involved in all her poo poo too. That's an odd thing for someone like her to get involved in, and I want to at least get a better picture of what went down there. I just hope I'm still in tune enough to the Spirit to find her. I'm sure she cut school too.

Gazing into the Abyss with Dark/Trespass about how to find/contact Sarah, since I don't actually have her number.
<Klingon> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 8+1 = 9
Eh, lucid and detailed this time. Also XP for it, I think?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I flinch, ever so slightly, as she runs her fingers over my scars. No one ever touched them. I HATED touching them except when I was loving losing it. But I was going to be calm to her. I was going to let her. I owed her that.

She called me an idiot, for what I did. But she didn't mean it the same way other people did, I knew that. "N-Nyx, I..." I stuttered, but she kept going. Told me to swear not to do it because of her again. "...I..." tears were in her eyes. I tilted my head, and sighed. But she was right, if I needed her to include me in her escapades, I needed to give her a concession, too. "Ok...I...poo poo...I promise not to do it because of you." That was hard to do.

But then she was grabbing me, and kissing me, and, oh, well, I kissed back, obviously. After all this, how could I not? How could I not give her anything? It's what I had hoped for since this poo poo day had started. Her arms around me. Her lips on mine. Her...

...hey wait a minute. I pulled back for a second. "One other thing. You need to call me by the right half of my name." I prod her playfully in the chest. "None of this Jess poo poo, that's for pedestrians. You're better than them. Or have you forgotten?" I kiss her again, then purr into her ear.

"...I'm yours."

Jess gives herself to Nyx

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 15, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

"Well, Mine." I said it with a little giggle, I was honestly happy again, not as happy as before, but jhappy regardless, I could see the colors around us even in the terrible overcast day of rain and horribleness. I pulled her in close and kissed her again, this time I wasn't planning to break it. My hands moved to her clothes and started working on them. It didn't matter to me, if what Nathan said was true, about people only wanting me for my body, for sex. I wanted Jess for other reasons, and if I had to be like this to keep her around... I enjoyed it anyways.

I didn't care where we were, I didn't care what was going on around us, how cold it was, how wet she was. I wanted her now, and as I opened my lips for my tongue, I realized that fully. I wasn't going to be making it back to school yet.

These two are gonna just uh, fade here.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2+1/5 | Conditions: Gay, Friendly

I can't help but grin as her eyes grow wide. Yeah, that's what I was hoping to see.

Oddly, she only makes a cursory glance through the jewelry, and starts poring through the electronics instead. I see that she really seems to like one of the phones. It's not the latest model, but it's in great shape. She tries to turn it on, but is disappointed as the screen remains dark. I start to say that I could go find a charger for it, but then looks at me and asks if I live here.

gently caress. Fuckidy gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

I try and keep cool and just brush it off, saying, "O-oh? No, no, I don't l-live here. I, uh, just keep this stuff here. Don't want hot stuff like this close to where I really live, you know?"

Yeah, real loving convincing.

Shut down Alex: 2d6+1 4
Welp :v:
Also, from my pick one, Alex sees something someone else would like, and when I show that someone the something, carry one forward against them.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I touch the phone's dead screen again wistfully. I can't seem to help it. I also examine a silver pendant I think Jess would like; after months of watching her change in the window, I probably know her tastes better than anyone. Except for Nyx. I sigh.

I look at Alister, thinking. I know he's lying. Not because I'm super good at reading people, or anything, but as someone from a broken home, I just know. But it clearly embarrasses him. So I don't want to push it. On the other hand... I look at his treasures again. Bringing me here took trust. And he was the first person to trust me with anything since I was alive.

"It's okay," I tell Alister. "I get it. Sometimes you need s space just for yourself, where you can go." I look around the shelter. "I have one too. It's where I live, mostly. Would you like to see it? It's just fair; you showed me yours, so i should show you mine." I blink, and feel the heat rising up my neck to invade my freckles. "That came out wrong."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions:

Some time later...

I didn't really make a lot of effort to disentangle myself from Nyx. Half-heartedly, I poked at my hoodie and confirmed it was still soaked through with an unhappy grunt. That was going to be loving awkward and uncomfortable in a little bit. But for right now I rested my head on her chest and enjoyed myself, and her, and well, the thrill of being out in public.

I pulled out my phone, and, for a second thought about calling Max and asking her to bring some more clothes by. But, well, that would A: Be loving awkward to explain to Nyx right now and I'd rather not risk setting poo poo off just this second, and B: Not exactly the way I want Max to meet my girlfriend. So that was out.

I snuggled more into Nyx and thought for a moment. It looked like Sarah's contact information had been deleted (oh, thanks Max, probably), but her messages were still there - so I could see the 1 new text from xxx-xxxx. I scoffed. She was worried. loving sure you are bitch.

I grinned. There was only one response. Ok, so, shut up and don't laugh. Sometimes Nyx and I take pictures. Uhm, mid...activities. Of each other. I had gotten this good snap just a few, or, well, a lot of minutes ago of her, uhm, kindawithherheadbetweenmylegs - it was hot, ok! I had it at selfie angle. And my back was arched. And I was making a face. Uhm...a good face. And my hair was mussed. And my other hand was tangled in Nyx's hair and maybe you could just kinda make out...I'm not going into more loving detail for you! So I sent "number xxx-xxxx" a text back.

quote:

Ya we r doing great! Thx 4 asking! ;)

I also added that picture as an attachment, and chuckled again. Then I leaned over and gave Nyx a smooch on the lips. On her face, pervs! "You said I ought to try and get along with her, right?" My voice was a little raw. I got excited. Shut up.

Taking a string on Nyx from ye olde sex move

And rolling to Turn on Sarah via text and taking an xp for it

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+2 = 9

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 16, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Earlier
"Hey, Jess... do you promise you wont be so upset with people for wanting me?" There's few positions better for bargaining than between someone's legs, I'd come to learn. No one ever really said no when that was going on. Jess was no exception, of course, not that I even needed to be in a position of bargaining for her to make me promises.

Present

I wasn't bothering to dress, it didn't matter how open or exposed it was, it wasn't like anyone was out in the rain and the gazebo mostly was hidden from the street. Unless someone decided to walk through the actual playgrounds in the middle of this downpour, no one'd see. And even if they did, who loving cared, oh no the police? Like they'd bother even coming out for something like that, in a lovely area like this. I knew the police here, ten to fifteen minutes they say, and then they show up four hours later with no apologies. Made it easy for me at least.

I didn't let Jess disentangle really, I pulled her up and rested her head against my chest as we lay there and she texted something on her phone, I didn't really care what it was, I think she was sending one of the pictures she took to someone. Guess I should expect a threesome tonight or tomorrow when she gets like that, that was always nice. I was practically purring with happiness as she climbed up and kissed me, I opened my mouth and let it deepen for a moment, then blinked, "Oh, Mine, what did you just send and who did you send it to?" I was giggling, I didn't mind at all, whoever she felt like teasing, probably Alex or Sarah.

"You wanna go back?" I sort of reached over to where my bra - an actual bra, probably the first time Jess had really seen me in a real one - lay discarded, and started to redress. I didn't care about returning to school, but we could at least go somewhere warmer, I could swear it was about to start snowing with how cold it was, that couldn't be good for either of us, especially her... all squishy and human. I squeezed my squishy human, giggling at the thought of calling her that.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 16, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I tease Nyx for a moment by snatching the bra out of her hands and hiding it behind my back with a giggle. "Go where? Wherever we go, I'm going to need to warm up pretty much immediately. But uh...not back to my place, yet." I shrug. "Yannow, in case Vern came home." Or Max hasn't left yet jeeze I hope she woke up by now. I worm away from her grasping hands, shaking my head with a smirk as I propped myself on my knees. "I wouldn't want to sit through Whitewillow soaked to the skin either. Hey, what about your place? I've never even been there befoooore...!" I twist out of her way again and giggle, still clasping the bra behind my back. "Or we could get, like...coffee or something, and I can check and see if Vernal's home with my ph...phone!" Another dodge.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I giggled as she pulled my bra away, shrugging as I reached over for my shirt instead as she pulled off of me and started discussing going out, throwing the shirt on, "Fine, fine, you can keep that for when you're thinking about me later tonight." I giggled happily at the antics, this was more like the Jess I knew and liked so much, though I think I visibly winced as she mentioned my house, "Yeeahh... my Mom's home, and she kind of just dropped me off at school again, so... I don't think my place is an option." It never was, I liked her place - Vern aside - because I could be with her there. I wasn't really going to bring anyone home to the house of a winter Court Lord and Lady - they'd eat anyone I brought home alive, probably.

I started to fetch the rest of my outfit, and then as I reached over for my shorts, I pulled the underwear out of them, tossing those into Jess' face, "These too." I giggled more as I wiggled up to stand, spreading a bit to give a good view to Jess as I wiggled my shorts up my legs to dress, "Lets go have some coffee? I think I know a lovely starbucks like ten minutes away that somehow is still open. How the gently caress do those things manage to still exist somewhere this poo poo is like, a fuckin' mystery." I pulled my shirt down, it showed just a bit of my chest with how low cut it was, and the cleavage - and especially my lack of bra. About normal for me, really.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I smiled as i pulled her undergarments off my face and shook both the bra and panties in front of me triumphantly, shaking my hips and laughing.

Yes, I was aware of what I was doing, it was for Nyx's benefit anyway, so I spun around and shook my butt in my little victory dance. Mostly I was stalling putting on all the wet clothes again. I tossed Nyx's stuff into one hand and scooped up the wet pants with a foot, pulled the wet panties out and tossed them aside. It was going to be gross anyway, I didn't need to have bunched up stuff riding up cracks and getting all uncomfortable. With an overly exaggerated groan of disgust I put the jeans back on, then repeated the process for the hoodie - tossed the wet bra I was wearing on the ground of the gazebo and put the hoodie back on over my head reluctantly. I shook and made a whiny noise when I was done.

"This suuuuucks!" I made a grossed-out face. "Why'd it have to rain?" UUUugh. I scooped up my wet undergarments and offered them to her. "poo poo, you uh, you want a trade or something?" If not, I stuffed those, along with Nyx's things, into the kangaroo pocket in the front. Not like I had anywhere better to put them or anything, at the moment.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alister: Alex takes a string on you. Well, that backfired. If anything, you just made yourself look vulnerable to this girl; she saw through you completely. How does that feel?

Alex: You can see something Jess would like, but what do you see that you would like, for yourself? Do you dare ask about it?

Nathan: Yes, you get XP. Oh boy. When it comes to 'lost souls', this might be the worst you've ever seen. Her apartment is a beacon of nothingness, a lighthouse blaring out absence. It's impossible to miss. Does it sicken you to see that? Or do you not care?

Max: As the water fills you, drowns you, and you thrash, submerged, someone lifts you from underneath, to a space above the water, to a space where you can breathe, and live. Looking at the pool, where a ceiling used to be, you see Alex pull herself out of the pool, too, and she looks beautiful, soaked through but still smiling. Still smiling as she says "Kill me."

Still smiling as she takes your hands, and brings them to her face. Still smiling as she helps you pull it off, easy as peeling skin off fruit. Still smiling, a fleshy skull staring endlessly at you, as she helps you put her face on you, soft and soothing. "Kill me, and take my place. Forever."
Then you wake. What do you feel about that dream? Jess is gone, what do you do?

Sarah: He actually looks a bit disturbed at the thought of it, actually. "It was... kinda bad, Sar. You know everyone's saying that was, y'know, trashy? Like, really not something people do in a class, right? Not that I think that, but..." he shrugs. "People are talking about it, not in the good way, you know?"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I giggled as I watched Jess dress, rolling my eyes at the show she put on, though that didn't mean I was going to look away. Hell no, I was enjoying watching her wiggle around like that trying to charm me, and then she was even copying my choice with the underwear, and I had to giggle even longer at that, "You can keep them. I don't need 'em since I can have you when~e~ver I want~." I singsonged the last bit of it, as I skipped up to be face to face - well, chest to face, she was so small, and then leaned down to kiss her on the lips again, "Mine." I said it with a grin, then grabbed at her hand - and the umbrella that lay abandoned, "Watch, if you stand riiight next to me like this." I wrapped my arm around her backside, hand on her hip grasping her right against me, "We can both fit and not get you any wetter. Well, maybe not that." My hand moved and squeezed at her butt just for a moment.

I started to lead her out in the rain, and the umbrella - and closeness- did remarkably well to keep her dry...-er. I got horribly wet from how close I was to her, but I really didn't mind that.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: drained

When the vision of Sarah's place hits me, I have to hold onto the nearest wall to keep from keeling over. Even then I wince and slam into the row of lockers I end up using to try to support myself. What the hell was that? And how didn't I notice it before?

It may have taken too much of my memory to view that horrible beacon of nothingness, but my feet are already taking me there. I slip past a ton of kids who need me and a ton of the teachers who keep failing them on my way out. Hopefully I can come back to them before it is too late. I wish I still had access to my holy artifacts, but their location has faded from my memory. No matter. It is not my weapons that make me who I am, it is the grace and power of my soul.

I make my way on foot through the soggy streets of Detroit. The weather means nothing to me. I helped forge these patterns myself in days long past, and once I am more in-tune with my remaining power, affecting it will be the least of my might.

Thinking of the far-gone glory days is a pretty naked attempt to psyche myself up for an encounter I am very unsure I'm prepared for, but it's working a little. My human frailties—a rapid heartbeat, sweat, fear—are diminishing. You might think seeing the normal-looking place would help more, but no. There is a horrific wrongness that permeates this place. The angles and light sources are—incorrect. Shadows are being projected that should not be there, rooms seem for a moment to be larger than the house. I don't know what this is yet, but I have to save Sarah from it.

I knock assertively and wait.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Gay, Friendly

Yeah, that could have gone better. Now she's feeling bad for poor old Alister, the bad kid from a broken home. gently caress, I don't want her pity! I got enough of that from the people running this place. I just want her to be... mine? That's not quite right, but I can't phrase it any better. While I've been silently fuming, though, Alex has been staring at me, waiting for a response.

Well, gently caress. Again.

Cheeks flushing with embarrassment, I just mumble, "Only if you want to..."

drat, this was a bad idea. Don't know what I was thinking, bringing her here.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I'm leaning against the doorway when Nathan comes powering out of the rain and bangs on the door. He's certainly got the single-minded determination look down, though he's a bit soggy to smoulder properly. I'm waiting for Hugo's usual interjection, but nothing comes. Nathan is staring at the door, breathing heavily. He doesn't seem to have noticed me. I drop Sarah a text:

quote:

yo you wanna let me and your mystery guest in?

"Hey Nathan. How's that peripheral vision working out for you?" I sidle into the doorway next to him. "You might have more luck with this." I press Sarah's buzzer again.

Hugo, what the hell is he doing here?

His voice is even more distant, as if he's speaking down a bad phone line. ...cannot help himself....faithful...enemy or friend... And of course he's in cryptic bullshit mode. I look at Nathan more carefully. A memory drags itself up - Sarah and I laughing over an inspirational letter somebody had left for her...

"You know, I always knew that notes-in-lockers poo poo was too subtle for you. Taking another shot at saving her soul? Better be careful you don't get dragged down into sin... forces beyond your understanding and all that crap." I give him my spookiest grin. Messing with straight-edge types is always fun.

Shut down Nathan
(1:39:58 PM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(1:39:58 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9+1 = 10
Nathan can have the condition Shadowed

Gato fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 16, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

As Nyx curled herself around me to keep me out of the rain, I smiled and pushed myself up against her, maybe grinding my hips a little bit, then let her lead us out of the park and towards the loving Starbucks.

Starbucks isn't, on the surface, really a romantic establishment. Hell, this one was barely even an establishment. The coffee was always burnt and probably gnarlified in other ways (honestly, I cannot loving believe that the FDA hasn't shut the place down, but, haha - Detroit), so the general secret to ordering here was basically use it as a hot liquid sugar injection.

No that's not a euphemism. Not everything's a euphemism. So I ordered a large vanilla caramel macchiato, double sweet - or some poo poo like that. The important thing was the corner with the heater, since I was still shaking and still damp and gross. And look, I might be a fuckup and a foul-mouthed (rear end-kicking) bitch, but I wasn't like, evil, so I didn't want to mess up the big comfy, ugly couch with the floral pattern by sitting my watterlogged self in it, so I took one of the counter chairs and dragged it across the floor until it was positioned properly.

Of course, if, say, Nyx pulled me out of it into the couch with her or whatever, I wouldn't complain - I told her I wouldn't after all (shutup). "Ugh. This place just...smells like Detroit, you know?" I asked her with a slightly curled up nose, plopping back down on the chair after they finally called my name (I just said Jess - you ever have a less than average name and tried to get someone to write it down correctly and then pronounce it correctly? I have been 'Jess Main' or 'Jessalmon' too many times, thanks.)

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 16, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Desperate for Attention, Blamed

Aww man. I don't give a gently caress if everyone else is talking about it - I don't answer to them - but Erik being upset about it sucks. My phone rings briefly just as the buzzer to my door sounds, while I'm in the midst of taking a hit. Of course.

Since guests take priority, I open the door up for Anna, smiling at her before realizing Nathan is here too. The gently caress? Who invited him?

Exhaling the weed smoke I had burning in my lungs at the pair of them, I cough once, offer the bowl and lighter to Anna, then flop back down by Erik on the couch.
There's a perch for Hugo in here too, with a bunch of newspapers under it so he doesn't poo poo on my floor.

"Sup guys? Nathan, you here on behalf of the Jehovah's Witnesses or something?" No big deal, I doubt the cops could find this place even if he narcs on us. RUL wouldn't let someone like Nathan disrupt his plans.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 16, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Sarah gives me a look when Nathan steps in. I shrug. I'm not expecting him to be there long. I take the bowl off Sarah and dump it straight in Nathan's hands, taking the lighter with me. I swipe a pack of cigarettes off the counter and light one as I sink into a beanbag. That's what I needed. I give Erik-with-a-K a wave. He's a pretty cool guy, though we're not quite friends. He tries a bit too hard with the whole punk thing for my liking. Still, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a problem with me, which makes a nice change.

I smirk when I see the newspaper under the bird perch. I'm pretty sure I've never seen Hugo take a poo poo except the last time we were over here. Stupid passive-aggressive bird. I've got no idea how Sarah can see him and I don't think he does either. That's probably why he freaks out about us being friends.

Nathan's still standing. "Hey, you were pretty sinful this morning, Sarah. Have you heard the good news yet?" I lean back with a smile. This should be interesting.

Gato fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 16, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: drained, shadowed

Anna's here too? poo poo, I didn't even see her. Unexpected, but it might even make things easier. I need to find out what both their deals are. I keep my eyes locked on her and Sarah the whole time I speak, but I'm also straining my peripheral vision, trying to find anything out of the ordinary. Nothing yet. Just a normal mortal dwelling, for the most part.

“You'd be surprised what forces I understand, Anna,” I say, though that confidence is mostly for show. I'm definitely rattled by her words. “Also, Jehovah's Witnesses. That's funny, Sarah.” I stare through the pot smoke at her. “You hurt a lot of people this morning. Do you really crave attention so much that you'll just throw yourself into other people's problems? They don't need that. Maybe you care, maybe you don't, but I'm just here to tell you that the more you gently caress with other people, the more up in your poo poo I'm going to be. I doubt you want that.”

Rolling to shut Sarah down
<Klingon> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 9 = 9
Tagging desperate for attention to make it 10
I give Sarah the condition Callous

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx)
Currently Wearing :Jess's Clothing

My lungs felt like they were ready to burst, my limbs lethargic from the icy water, and the pressure in y body just kept growing- Open up. Take a breath. Let it all in. That's all you need. You wanted this a moment ago, right...?

But before I could open my mouth something pulled at my shoulders, above to the infinite sky of stars- I coughed and hacked and retched as I was pulled to the surface, fighting and struggling- it took me some time to realize that I was no longer below the waves, to relax, to force myself to be still- isn't that what they always taught people as a kid? That if you thrashed you'd only get drug under by the waves? You wouldn't be able to float?

Once I had control of my body, I slowly turned, carefully treading water so as not to slip below once more... only to come face to face with someone I barely knew. Alex. There she is, looking more radiant than I've ever seen her in life, almost glowing, moonlight glistening off of her wet skin and her soaked oufit, and a placid smile plastered across her face.

Okay, maybe that last part wasn't very attractive. Honestly, it was kind of off putting for a few reasons, not the least of which that I'd never seen her like that, ever. She'd always looked... well, almost scared. At the very least, not half as confident and powerful as she stood here.

And then she opened her mouth, and a voice filled with sheer love and happiness spilled out. "Kill me."

"What...?" I couldn't believe my ears, and even as I reached up to my face to rub the water out of my eyes she grabbed my hands, pulling them up towards her face...

My fingers poke into her skin, and a small drop of blood rolls down.

Deep, deep in, to the bones of her cheek, her hands pushing mine further and further in

I can only stare as I rip and tear at the face, unpeeling it from her, the blood dripping into the ocean and dispersing as my hands bring her face to mine, overlapping it, pressing in...

My body starts to change and shift to Alex's, as her skull tilts on it's neck, jutting out from what remains of her head...

"Kill me, and take my place. Forever."

===

I practically jumped out of bed, cold sweat running down my skin as I catapulted up and onto the floor, though I couldn't see anything- it took me a moment to realize this was because my hands were covering my face, squeezing on and refusing to let go. Eventually, I managed to force my hands open and to my sides, and so I stood there, in Jess' room, in Jess' clothes, in Jess' body...

After a moment, I slowly and carefully removed each and every bit of Jess' clothing, stuffing it into the chest under her bed, and breathing a sigh of relief as I returned to my own body... but no. That wasn't to be.

I remembered my own dream. I'm not sure what the gently caress was going on, but I sure remember it- hell is other people they say, but I wasn't so sure personally. Everyone here- Jess, Nyx, hell, most of the loving people at this school had more of a life than I did. And Alex- hell, she may not be as... wow in real life as she was in the dream, but she was pretty drat interesting, at least, and... Oh god. I can't do that, nonono, it all comes rushing back to me and I remember what she said and I reach up to my face and ball my hand up and-

I took a deep breath, shaking my head. No. That's not going to happen. I'm, not going to k-kill her.

... I'm not.

I don't care if she's got it even a little better than me, she doesn't deserve that. And it's not like she'd really w-want it, right? ... I could talk to her, but... I don't know. I'm sure this was... just a metaphor or something, right? Maybe it just means I should spend time as her or something. And... I unno. I could talk to her. Tell her about my... thing. I'm sure it won't go utterly wrong, right?

I started putting my own outfit back on- never exactly a comfortable ritual , but definitely one I need... and then I stared up into Jess' mirror, my eyes reflecting in it- my body, for once.

I spun around, despite knowing she wouldn't be behind me-

Oh. There's a note on the pillow. Probably should have noticed that earlier.

... She went off to go do something? Oh... oh gently caress. I hope she- no, no. She wasn't that bad off. It was probably just... she needed some space or something, right?

I pulled my own phone out of my pocket, fingers shaking as I sent off a quick text.

quote:

Jess? Are you okay? Where are you, hon?

I hope I won't have to go chasing after her... Mmr... She's fine, I'm sure. She wouldn't... She wouldn't go any further than she did earlier today over this.

... Yeah! She'll be fine. She can't let me know how it goes if she was, uh... yeah.

I calmed down a bit, replacing my phone in it's pocket, and turning back to the mirror. I look into my own eyes, filled with resignation. I'm not going to be able to... gah. You know what? Fine. I'll go talk to her.. ... Better than going back to class, anyways. Unless she's there, that'd kinda be rear end...
... Wait where the hell /is/ Alex come to think.

Only one way to find out. poo poo, this always felt weird, and I was never any good at it, but... My clothing thing wasn't the only trick I could do, you know? Sometimes, if I had a mirror, and I reached towards it, my fingertips brushing across the surface just like this, I could get it to.. show me things. Things that may or may not actually be happening, I guess, but it was pretty useful most of the time. If a bit cliche.

And if there was one thing I needed to see right now, it was Alex.

Rolled a gaze, 2d6-1=5.

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 16, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Desperate for Attention, Blamed, Callous

"Thanks, I thought it was pretty funny too." This Nathan kid is hilarious; trying to intimidate ME? Sorry dude, you're not exactly a demon-lord like RUL. Not exactly intimidated.

Still keeping the circle going (though it seems to be just Erik and I, Anna's not smoking and I doubt Nathan would ever d.a.r.e. try it, I'm listening to him with suprisingly good cheer. Obviously looking through my phone in the meantime, checking messages. One from Anna, that's irrelevant now, and one from Jess... hmm... Opening the picture attachment, my eyes go wide for a second, and I swear to god I'm about to snarl. That bitch is taunting ME? I'm the loving one that's damned! I didn't even send her mine, that oval office. Only because I had other plans for it.

Hold Steady: 2d6 7

Instead of freaking out - which I very much came close to - I calm myself, breathing in and out, flipping my phone shut with a grimace in order to pay proper attention to Nathan, and his threats and accusations. When he wraps up, it's my turn.

"Really Nathan? I hurt people? I fooled around with Nyx, like both of us wanted. You yell at her yet?" I actually manage to sound pretty mellow about it, just pointing out that he's kind of a dumbass. Nyx is the one dating that loving crybaby, not me. How in the gently caress is this my fault? Was just having some fun.

Between him and Erik, there's two people here kinda disgusted with me. I don't care, but it doesn't help me fulfill RUL's agenda. "Ughhhh, fine, you two are right. I hosed up." I look from Erik to Nathan, giving them an incredibly rare (and incredibly insincere) apology. "Went too far, got out of line, it was my loving bad ok?"

Holding the bowl and lighter combo out towards Nathan, I ask "Peace offering?" If he wants to accept my apology, better hit it.

Oh! And I'm tapping one of RUL's little gifts. Lets' find out a bit more about you, Mr. Busybody...

Using Uncanny Voices on Nathan - The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.) RUL gains another string on Sarah, gonna have to STD that to somebody I guess :P

Rauri fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 16, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: drained, shadowed

“Yes, I did also speak to Nyx,” I say to Sarah. “Then I came to you. I'm not singling you out.”

I can tell her subsequent apology is not the most sincere ever, but I don't think it's possible to connect or get any more out of her at the moment. I'm already pushing it by coming her uninvited, I suddenly realize. Oh well. Too late now.

I take a hit from the offered "peace" bowl, and immediately regret it. Under any other circumstances, it would be a nice buzz for my human form. Here, though, smoking Sarah's personal pot in this strange domain, I see flashes of the eyes that are watching this apartment. Dark, hostile, and hidden, as if the place is surrounded by thick foliage and a hunter is observing me through it. Unfortunately, the only thing even resembling a weapon I have is Sarah's bowl. But there's no time to think. I infuse the object with what little divine might I have left and hurl it at the eyes with a harsh cry.

“Sarah, Anna,” I say sternly. “You both need to get out of here! Something dangerous is here with us.”

Lashing out at something that is most likely not RUL
<Klingon> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 9+1 = 10
Marking XP for Volatile. If it actually does anything, I do have the Smiting move, to add 1 to the roll and 1 Harm to the damage. Also, for my 10+ option, I choose to gain a String on RUL.

As for Uncanny Voices: Nathan secretly fears that God will never speak to him again, and that gradually he will be cut off from Heaven forever.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I'm thinking. Alister looks like he feels horrible. "We don't have to," I tell him. "If you don't want to. I just thought you might like to... share."

This isn't going well. My eyes stray back to the phone again, longingly, amid the pile of other treasures. Dangit. Being meek and nice Alex hasn't really been working for me so far.

I grab the phone and hold it up. "Listen," I tell him. "I want this. I've never ever had anything like this before." I surprise myself with my own bluntness "I don't have any money or anything I could trade that you'd want, but I can... get stuff. I'm good at getting stuff. And I'll bet you're good at finding stuff, and getting stuff like this," I wave the phone, "working. So we could, I don't know... work together?"

• Locked thread