Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

I didn't mind starbucks, not too much at least - it was a good place to get a bunch of lovely caffeine when poo poo started to drag. Unfortunately, I normally went to one on the 'better' - nominally at least - parts of town, closer to my house. I'd only come here twice before, and it wasn't exactly what I normally got even when I ordered the same thing. Still, as we stepped up to the counter and some annoyed looking rear end in a top hat stared at us, I was quick enough at ordering, "Vente Mochaccino, five shots of espresso. Yes, five." I pulled out a little wallet from my pocket - I wasn't carrying a purse today, not with how much I'd been running around. Lost that too many times as is. A few bucks was handed over, and another few into an empty tip tin. I did my best to give a smile as I did so, and then followed to the heater, flopping down into the couch alone, as she dragged a chair over.

"I can get that, you can practically taste the uh... everything. Crushed hopes and lost aspirations and all that. Also the lovely coffee smell." I grinned at the last part, winking to her as I motioned to the counter, that remarkably called her name just as I motioned, "Looks like yours is done firs-." Just as i was about to laugh at that, a call for "Lily" came out, and I shook my head, standing, completely unsubtly taking Jess' hand and dragging her up to grab our coffees, leaning in to kiss her cheek just as we got up to the counter. I didn't care if the guy behind the counter started staring or looked upset over the affection - in fact, part of it was intentional. I loved making outdated people uncomfortable.

Coffees in hand, I didn't force her to sit in my lap on the couch, but I certainly left it very open and wiggled a bit to make her look at how empty it was, "Man, I hope the rain lets up. It's even more dreary than usual like this. And there's like nothing for us to do this early that's any fun either, ugh. And my stash is up in my room, and I can't go home again, so that's out too." I took a sip of my horribly caffeinated drink - the caffeine flavor covered all the burnt taste, so it wasn't as bad as it could be. At least they seemed to give me enough shots today, "You got any ideas, Mine?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions:

Ok, so she didn't actually drag me onto the couch. But that cute little wiggle and alll that empty space, how could I refuse? I slid off the chair and sidled up next to her, placing my head on her shoulder for a moment as she listed off our (lack of) options, then asked for my opinion.

"Uhm...I dunno, strip down, go running through the streets screwing like rabbits?" A giggle. That wasn't serious. She wouldn't take it seriously (probably). "Uh, we could like, go see a movie?" I nuzzled in a little closer. "Or, like, could go shopping or some poo poo." None of the places around here really catered to Nyx or my's normal tastes - I normally ordered my poo poo via the internet, no idea how she managed her's but I'd guess it was about the same.

My phone buzzed. Oh! It was Max. Quick response text.

quote:

I'm good, thanx 4 asking. Alls well. W/Nyx. ;) <3 <3

"loving rain, ugh, makes it hard to think of something." My head slipped off her shoulder and nuzzled into her chest playfully. "Oh, I know. We could like, go to a loving music store...like in the old Cusak movies and poo poo and like, act totes pretentious and above it all and sarcastically impugn everyone's tastes." I grin, and playfully nip at the exposed skin near my face. An arm wrapped around her waist. Yes I had mostly forgotten my drink. "Or, whatever the gently caress you wanna do, I'm not picky."

I pause for a second though, and scrunch up my face. "But hey, how come you never take me to your place? Your parents aren't like...homophobic or whatever the gently caress, are they?" I give her some pitiful eyes. "Or...you're not embarrassed of me, are you?" Look, I might be a loving sad sack but that means I had practice looking pathetic, it was surprisingly effective at getting me what I want.

Spending a string to offer Nyx an Xp to tell me the really real reason why she hasn't brought me to her place.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 17, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Max: When you look into the mirror... sometimes the reflection looks back at you. Makes expressions that aren't yours, looks at you with eyes that aren't yours; tells you that not even this body is truly yours. You're just pretending to be Max, like you pretend to be other people. Your reflection smiles at you, and tells you to run. Where do you run to?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Stalker

I sit back and listen while Nathan threatens Sarah. You hurt a lot of people... People like Jess? I wince inwardly as I run over everything that happened this morning. I hope she's ok, caught between Sarah and Nyx... maybe I should ask Sarah to be more careful. She doesn't always appreciate how fragile people are. And me...I'll sort something out with Jess myself. Tomorrow.

Then the impossible happens. Sarah's...apologising? Huh. She's obviously not got her heart in it, but, still, it's...something. And Nathan... he's being fair, if he really did speak to Nyx. He's even taking a hit off the bowl. The whole thing is still a bit tense and awkward, but I'm still a little relieved that I didn't have to break out the popcorn -

- then Nathan freaks the gently caress out. He tenses up, then he throws the loving bowl at the wall and the bowl loving explodes what the gently caress Nathan and I'm on my feet before I know it. Fight or flight is kicking in and then he says - something dangerous? What the gently caress? Who does he think he is? "Nathan what the gently caress are you doing? Tell me this isn't all some loving hero fantasy." I keep my voice as steady as I can, trying to control my breathing.

Shut down Nathan
(11:52:44 PM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(11:52:46 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 7+1 = 8
Giving him the condition Delusional. He can give Anna one in return.

I can feel Hugo's rasping, hissing voice mixing with my own, but the drat bird is nowhere to be seen. Always by my side, was it? rear end in a top hat. My lizard brain is screaming at me that Nathan could probably throw me through a wall, and the word 'dangerous' is bouncing around in my brain -

Hold Steady
(12:06:34 AM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(12:06:36 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 5+1 = 6

Where the gently caress are you, Hugo?

**Exp for rolling cold, since I didn't take it before.

Gato fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 17, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx) Jess' Rich Lady Tacky Clothes
Currently Wearing : Max's Tanktop

Nothing. I stared into the mirror for a long time, and absolutely nothing happened. But that's fine... That happens sometimes, if not often. Usually it just takes a bit more time. I must not be focusing right... I watched my eyes in the mirror, my bright green ey...
What the hell? I have brown eyes. That's not right... Okay, this is new, definitely is a new thing, um. Alright, it's probably fine! Just a trick of the light or something. Maybe I botched turning back to normal or something? That's probably fine, no one stares at eyes anyways! At least, that's the sort of thing I was thinking before my reflection's head turned to the left without mine, giving me a haughty look with one eye, a crooked smile upon it's face.

Okay. That's not supposed to happen. I release what 'power' I have from the mirror... and it doesn't go away. In fact, it laughs. The Max in the Mirror laughs, a haughty, cruel laugh, and I just stare. Did I not wake up? Have I just imagined everything since?

No. ... I'm awake, I know it.

"Where's Max?" The other Max calls out from the mirror, as she turns to face me dead on once more, her smile curling into a scowl filled with pure contempt,

I blinked several times, and carefully, evenly spoke. "Well... I'm Max?" I mean, it was true. I'm the only Max I know.

"You can't be Max. You've never been Max.

"The gently caress?" I just stood there, agape, wondering what the hell reflection-me was going on about-

"You must have known. Would Max have left her family? Would Max have fled from Sarah? Would Max stare at me every night and wonder why she's like this, trapped like this? Max knew who she was. Max never wanted to be anyone else. You're just a replacement. You don't even remember. How unfortunate."

T... The hell...? My heart started pounding, my nails dug into my palm as I clenched my fists... 'Bullshit! That's just... I know who I am! gently caress, I have a lovely life, I AM trapped, but that's who I am! I..."

"Why do you have Nyx's 'bikini' in your room? Why did you dream about Alex like that? Why haven't you ever asked Jess to-" The Mirror's scowl slowly pulled up into a grin, even as I interrupted it.

"Look!" My knees were quaking as I spat that word out at the mirror, and though I was trying to be brave and angry... I was more scared , than anything. I... I couldn't say it was wrong. It /felt/ right, in my chest, in my head, under my skin... "I'm... I'm me, okay? I just... She has a girlfriend! I can want to be someone else and still be-"

"Why did you become your mother? Why, Max? Oh, I know. You'll never admit it. You'll never realize it. You're fake. This thing with Alex, you've done it before. Run, little pretender. Run far away and-"

My feet were moving before I knew it, my hand swinging up in the same motion, smashing through the mirror as I ran for the door, through Jess' apartment, and onto the streets...

===

I ran through the orphanage without letting anyone see me- none of the older kids would be here at this time of day, the adults would hopefully be distracted, and... I didn't' want the little ones to see me. I ran and I ran and somehow made it to my room without anyone being the wiser, slamming the door behind me as I entered that... place. It was wrecked, just as I left it. Sheets everywhere, wrappers crossed the floor, the only neat part of it was my closet- nice and organized. There was a small bed, a small dresser, and the closet- and not much else. Notably, a large mirror sat on top of my dresser- and I threw a blanket over it the moment I got in the room.

... My hand was dripping blood. Ah, gently caress, gently caress, that hurt... Aaah..

But it doesn't matter. I'm here. I can be me here, no one can say that I'm not, this place is all that matters because that other me doesn't know anything and I'm... I'm..

I'm not real...

===

After a while, I've used some sheets and the sink in the communal background to remove all the glass from my hand and wipe it up, and those same sheets to bandage it- I'm sure we have a first aid kit somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to start looking... It doesn't matter. It's done now, it won't bleed for long, I can undo these by the end of the day.

But what the hell do I do about.. Mmn.

I need to talk to Alex. Or at least Jess. Someone. I can't be alone with myself right now. I don't want that thing to show back up and start again...

So I left. I left out the door of 'my place' and back into the town...

Oh. gently caress. Jess... I'd been so caught up that...

I check my phone, see Jess' message, and text her back.

quote:

Alright. Good to know. Talk to you tomorrow, I'm... busy.

... I hope Nyx treats her right, this time.

I need to be with someone, but I can't bother Jess right now... Nathan would be nice, but... Hopefully he'd be at the school. I'll go to the school. Someone'll be there, I'm sure.

===

So I set off for Homeroom, but who knows what I'd find on my way...?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot -1, Cold +1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Gay, Friendly

I start to nod. She wants to show that she understands. She's not pitying me. She ACTUALLY know's what it's like. So, it's not pity at all. It's understanding. That's... better, I guess. I still wish she didn't know, but I guess it's ok.

Calming down a bit, I say, "No, really. If you want to show me where you're staying, I get it. Thanks."

Then, she keeps talking. She wants the phone and wants a good deal. This is more like it. I can do deals. Deals make sense.

Honestly, I consider just giving it to her. It's an older model, so I'd be lucky to get 30 dollars if I pawn it. But, no. That'd be charity, and I just flipped out when I thought she was offering me some. I like her too much to do that to her. And she's saying she wants to make a fair trade.

So, I'm going to do this right. I look her in the eyes and say, "All right. Let me look it over for a second." A few moments later, and I confirm my initial guess. It's not super expensive, but it's worth enough that I wouldn't just give it to someone. I gesture for her to sit down next to the Horde, and I put the phone down right in front of me. I'm keeping it near me for now, but I'll push the phone across to her when we're done.

...Phone? Why did I have a sudden sense of deja vu?... poo poo, I need to swing back by school when it lets out so I can deliver the phone to Tanya. Still, that's hours away, and I've got nothing but time.

I shake it off and get back to business. Under the jewelry is a pack of cigarettes. I tap two out and offer her one, then light them both up with the lighter I keep with the pack. I look across to her and say, "Ok. You wanna work together some. I'd like that. But, before we do, how about you tell me a bit more about yourself. And..." I think for a second. I should ask about someone else, too. I learned enough about Nyx, Sarah, and Jess today, thank you very much. I want to talk more to Nathan myself, not be a creeper about it. ...Isn't she friendly with that Max guy? Yeah, that'd be good. "I also want to know why you hang out that Max guy. He's... kind of a creepy perv, to be honest. I've seen him lurking around the men's locker room and going through people's stuff.."

I want one string on you and one on Max, essentially.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

"No feelin' judgmental today, movie could be fun." I tried to brush off her final question, as if it wasn't worth notice, but I kept looking at her - hard not to with her sitting in my lap like this -and she was still giving me those eyes that were so dang sad. Like seriously Jess was good at those kinds of eyes, I knew that by now, I knew even if I looked away from her I'd feel them on me, so I just sipped my coffee and closed my eyes, looking as if I was in intense thought - which I was, this was a big thing and I couldn't think of any really good way to let her down, without lying and I didn't really like lying.

"Look, my parents are uh, they're different, Jess. Judgmental and not really uh, accepting of things I really like?" I snuggled myself around her, and kissed her gently on her chin, "It's not that I don't want to take you home with me, if I had a choice I'd drag you out of Vern's place and make you live with me full time, Mine. You know that." I rested my lips where they were, not moving - I could feel the disgust coming from the man at the counter as we cuddled so openly in here, but he couldn't do a thing, "They'd see you and look at you like you were... a toy or something." A meal more likely, even I knew how Jess was underneath things sometimes, "At best. At worst they'd view you as a distraction or as ruining me, and force me to stop seeing you."

It wasn't the full truth, but it was about as much as I could say. I wanted to say more, I wanted to tell her how it really was. But she either wouldn't believe me and would be mad for lying, or she'd believe me and It'd be a big loving deal. I wasn't ready for that just yet.

Not sure if this counts for XP, sadly!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions

Wow. Alister got really serious all of a sudden. I take the cigarette gingerly -- tobacco's not really my thing, but I've smoked before -- and I hunker down next to him, looking so hungrily at the phone that I don't pay attention to what he's saying. Wait, Max? Oh, he thinks that Max is a boy? I start to correct him, then stop. These things can be complicated; I should know.

I take a drag on my cigarette, thinking about it. "Well... as long as you help me set the phone up and get it working and activated and everything..." He seems like he'd know about that sort of thing. "I don't know that much about Max, but I could tell you what i know. And me... I think it'd be easier to show you than tell you about me. I'm not that interesting." I think about it some more. "And the way you handled Liliana earlier, like she didn't even effect you. You could help me with that too."

I take the cigarette out of my mouth and hold out my hand. "Friends?"

Counteroffer: A string on Alex and Max in exchange for the phone and one of your 3 strings on Nyx

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Oh, okay." I smile at Nyx and nod. "Parents are all kind of jerks, huh?" I squeeze her, then finally remember my drink and take a cautious sip. Burned, as always. Dissatisfied grunt. "And careful about your 'take me away from all this' talk, I might start expecting it some day." I smile again and kiss her on the lips - maybe just a little tongue. Sure I was probably catching the flack of the coffee-slinger behind the counter, but when I was with Nyx I felt loving invincible.

"So...movie? You want to look something up or just wander over there post burned coffee poo poo and see what's up next?" I stretch out slightly, putting my head in her lap. "Cuz I honestly don't have a preference, except we need to pick a theater with the arms in the chairs that can go up. Obviously."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I think. I could probably push for more, but if we're going to be working together, I should be a little generous. But she wants to know about Nyx? Ugh, there's no accounting for taste. Still, at least she recognizes that Nyx is bad news. That's something. I take her hand in a firm handshake and say, "Well, I'd like to think we were friend before. But we're partners now."

I pick up the phone and start working on it so she can use it. It's a lengthy process, but I've done it so often that it's second nature. While my hands disassembling the casing, I start telling her what I know (or what I have a pretty good guess) about Nyx.

"Well, it's not really too hard to just ignore her antics once you put together that she's just a rich girl starved for attention." When I get a blank look in response, I elaborate, "Well, for starters, Nyx's family has got to have some money. Seriously, you have to have noticed that she's always wearing some new, obnoxiously loud clothing. And, well, I don't really think I need to explain the starved for attention part, right? Honestly, she's probably acting out because Mommy and Daddy are just soooo smothering, and they sent her here to scare her straight."

When I'm done, I close it back up, power it on, and slide the phone to her as the screen glows to life. With my end of the deal done, I stamp the cigarette out. I don't really like smoking, to be honest, but it just feels right to do it when I'm making a deal. I then say, "So, just as a heads up, partner, I need to swing by school around 3. Got someone looking for another one of these to replace the one they broke. Still, that's not for hours, so where we headed?"

Alister's current status: :smaug:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions

Bargain Accepted.

I watch hungrily as Alister does complicated phone stuff to the phone. Finally, when it's working, i pluck it from his fingers and stare into its shiny screen, finding the buttons for phone and internet. I had a gameboy, once. This thing is, like, a million times smarter and cooler.

"Oh, Max?" I ask, not really thinking. "Well, she's just... Cool, I guess. Sweet. She's always trying to help people. And she seems sad. She's more Jess's friend than mine, but I try to talk to her." I think about it, then add, "I know what it's like to fade into the background. Anyway, if she's hanging out near the boy's locker room, I think it's because she's... trying to figure some stuff out about herself," I say, not really knowing the words. I feel like someone trying to map unknown territory. "Y'know. Boy-girl stuff," I add lamely. "Like, her closet is full of clothes, but not the way Jess's is; it looks like twenty different people of both genders are storing clothes in her wardrobe, if you see what I mean?" I hope he does. This is one of those areas where I feel like I missed 20 years worth of really important stuff.

I get to the contacts portion of my phone, and think about it. I know Max's number, because I checked her phone while she was asleep (don't judge me). And I know Jess's number. And I saw Nyx's number written on a bathroom stall at school. But that's all I know.

"Um, hey," I ask Alister. "Could I get your number? Partner?" In the meantime, I send out a text to Jess and Max:

Alex posted:

HEY everyone i got a new phone! :woop: You can call me at ths number if U want to. :krad:

Alex posted:

Sorry, it's me, Alex. I should have said. :(

With a happy sigh, I smile at Alister. "We could go get something to drink? Like coffee, or something. Or, are you hungry?" I don't ever get hungry myself, so I've kind of lost track of food times. "Or if you want to go back tot he school, I know a way to get in and hang out where nobody will find you."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot -1 Cold 0 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Desperate for Attention, Blamed, Callous

What the gently caress Nathan? Screaming about dangers (he's right), worried that God will never talk to him again (is God actually real? Bullshit. Why'd he ignore me when I was bleeding to death on the road, then?!) and flinging my loving bowl against the wall.

A lot's going through my mind - that he's insane, that he's a danger to RUL's plans, that he's kinda gone past being a narc into straight up smashing my poo poo. But you wanna know the most important thing? Jake gave me that bowl. He was the one that smoked, really - it was actually kind of a selfish present. But it was from him, it was one of the few things I still have that he gave me, and now Nathan's destroyed it.

"You fucker!" I scream, self-control shattered into as many pieces as the bowl. I'm barely even cognizant that Erik and Anna are still here. "That was a loving gift!" Leaping up from the couch, I plant a foot squarely in Nathan's chest, sending him flying back into the wall.

Lash Out At Nathan: 2d6+1 8
Nathan takes one harm but can have a string.

"What the gently caress man?!" I keep screaming at him, enraged. RUL, I want more power - now! I am going to gently caress this guy up!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 18, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

As I ducked through the myriad alleyways and streets of Detroit, I tried to focus on the sounds and the sights- the people, the cars, the sirens- whatever it took to get me out of my own head for a bit. I didn't want to think about what had happened earlier, and I didn't want to see that /thing/ again. Luckily, there weren't many mirrors in the middle of Detroit.

And then I got a text. I pulled out my phone from my pocket ad tapped over to view the message... Huh. This is way too convenient. Alex, really? I didn't even think she had a phone, dunno where she got one, but... Mmn, may as well send a message back. I need to talk to her anyways, and if it's not her, I can always leave aftr we meet up.

quote:

Alright, then. Say, Alex, are you busy? I... I kinda need to talk to someone. Can we meet up somewhere? I'm heading towards the school now, but I can go where ever, if you're up for that.

With that done I put my phone back up, and continued on towards the school. ... Maybe I shouldn't talk to her, but... I have to do something about that dream, even if it's just proving it wrong, right?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Once she's done explaining about Max, I don't really know what to say. ...Is Max a girl? If Alex thinks so, then probably. So, does that make him? her? MAX creeping around more or less weird? Probably less, but it's still kinda weird. And Alex thinks that Max is a pretty nice person, helping people with... things.

...I might have been wrong about Max. Maybe I should talk to him. Her. Man, this is gonna be hard.

Once she starts playing with her new phone, I can't help but grin. I punch my number into her phone when she offers it and call so I can get hers too. Then, I untangle one of the chargers and hand it to her. I say, "Welcome to the 21st century, partner." Then she suggests coffee. Yeah, that'd be nice. Something hot to get the chill out. I snag a Starbucks gift card out of the pile of things (Sometimes you gotta take what people have on them if you wanna get paid.), and I say, "Yeah, let's go. My treat. There's one close enough to school that I can swing by pretty quick. Then, you want to show me whatever it was you wanted to show me?"

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I flinch when Alister says the crack about the 21st century. Does he know? How could he know? I relax. No, he's just being kind.

My phone dings, and it pick it up. It's Max! Speak of the... something. "Max wants to talk," I tell Alister, already texting her back. "Deja vu."

Alex posted:

We R going 2 Starbux :cool: Alisters treat. You shoud come. Id like to talk to you sum more. :)

I get up, pulling on Alister's arm. "C'mon, you should talk to her. You'll see she's not at all creepy," I promise.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 5/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

"Yeah, parents are jerks." I kissed her back as she smiled, I didn't mind the bit of tongue in the least, as I held her in close to me. We both were starting to dry finally, the heater was at least doing its work, and I giggled a little as I heard something from behind the counter fall, and the 'barista' start to curse loudly. After a few moments though, I broke the kiss, and smiled as she laid down into my lap, my hand moving through her hair playfully, playing with the colorful strands joyfully. "I dunno, what's even in theaters these days? I haven't seen a movie - that I remember at least - in like, man almost a year now?"

I didn't really care about the movie, but at least it'd be tolerably warm and it'd be dry in one, so we could probably enjoy ourselves, "We could probably sit in the back and no one'd see, if you wanted to do something." I offered up the nice option with a smirk, "Or we could go all the way to the front and do it anyways~?" The second option would have been my choice, but, well, most people are more afraid of being caught and I did sort of realize it. Still, 10am on a monday was not exactly going to be packed, we could probably get away with it.

Figuring out advance

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I make a contented noise as Nyx starts to play with my hair, pondering the options. "I was the one being a big stupid baby earlier, so you pick." I smile lazily. "God, sorry I'm such an over-emotional idiot." Relaxing meant time for self-reflection, which, poo poo, generally meant talking trash about myself, after all.

Using Self-Deprecating, so Nyx can choose - argue against Jess's self-bashing and give her a string, or let her talk trash about herself and shut her down

My phone buzzes on the table in front of us, so I reach for it and open it up. Then chuckle. "Oh god, Alex discovered texting." I explain to Nyx and show her the screen, then respond.

To Alex posted:

u go, chica! There goes my birthday present to you tho, lol. Who gave u a phone?
Phone goes back on the counter and I take another sip of the nasty coffee stuff, and grimace. "Well, whatever you pick, we'll just grab a show that's been out a while, to make sure there's not a big crowd. Wouldn't want to get kicked out or whatever." I curl my arms around her legs to let her know the rest of it was definitely in the cards, though.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I shrug. "If you think she's cool, I guess I should at least give her a shot, right?" I make a short pitstop to grab a hoodie from the closet upstairs so I wouldn't get soaked to the bone. It's kinda big on me and pretty old, but it'll do the job.

------------------------------------------------

By the time we get to Starbucks, I'm smiling despite the rain. Today started kinda lovely, but it got back on track real fast. I turn around after I order my coffee, and my eye twitches when I see Nyx on the couch. Really? loving REALLY?! Jess is there, too. She's kinda whiny, but I don't really mind her, to be honest.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 8

Calm down. You're meeting Max, and you don't need to get into another snark off with Nyx. Just sit facing away from them and let them have their stupid fun.

At least they're only cuddling this time.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

I frowned as Jess started to talk down about herself, "Ugh, Mine, you know it wasn't just you like, I totally didn't get it either." I giggled as I knocked her forehead with a knuckle lightly, "Though next time don't throw me down like that or I promise I'll be done with it! I'm not a fan of being hurt, you meanie." I was grinning and leaned down to kiss her gently, only for her to hold up her phone and some texts from Alex, "Oh. My. God. That's so cute. You should like, totally give me her number, gimme a sec I'll take it." I scooted a little, leaning to get the phone out of my pocket - where it barely fit, and put the number in.

"You wanna go just us two, or you wanna see what Alex is up to?" I was still playing with her hair, and frowned, "I mean I'm fine with just you, Mine. Promise." I giggled as I said her nickname, as usual, it was just so... something, "I dunno, whatever you're up to's good with me, not like I feel like going back to class or going home. Aaand Vern's probably at your place, right?"

I didn't even notice Alister.

Taking Hungry Ghost as an advance

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Eh.. I don't drink coffee, but that's not the important part. I don't have to get anything anyways. I'll just ead up there and talk to them, it'll be fine. Besides, the rain's starting to pick up again, and I would rather not freeze my rear end off, thank you very much. So with that, I headed on out to the place... I hope I'm going to the right one, anyways.

Oh, and texted Alex.

quote:

Sure. See you there.

Wait, poo poo, that reminds me. Alister'll be there. I'll have to be polite, I suppose. I mean, he's not that much of a dick, but he's still pretty off putting, you know? Maybe I just haven't gotten to know him well enough, but we'll see. I'm sure it'll be fine! Get some lovely coffee and hang out, at thevery worst me and Alex can skedaddle, probably. ... I'm going to have to be careful. Don't tell her about the dream, just relax, don't be a dick to Alister... man there's a lot of ways this can go wrong.

===

I am pretty drat soaking we when I walk in the door of the Starbucks, shaking out my hair, shivering even as that lovely, lovely heater blows air over my skin... Aaah, the wonders of Modern Society! Truly, of all the many inventions of man, the heater is one of the greatest. The frown on my face slowly turns to a smile as I stride in and look aro-

well gently caress

Nyx and Jess are already here, laying on one of the couches and cuddling like no one's business. Almost without realizing it, I shove my hurt, bandaged hand in a pocket- can't let them see that... I quickly walked up to the counter, trying to keep Jess and Nyx from seeing me, though it would probably be a futile effort, ordered a giant hot chocolate, and quickly went to find a table, making eye contact with Alister now that I've noticed he's actually here.

I gave him a quick wave, then sat down.

I'm so going to regret coming here, aren't I?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

At Nyx's suggestion I stopped beating myself up, instead giving myself the opportunity to make another happy noise as she kept playing with my hair. "Question is, do you want Alex along? I mean, I don't think I'd mind sharing you with her, a bit. Again, so long as I'm there. Cuz well, she's pretty cute." I look up at Nyx. "poo poo, I mean, no comparison to you, of course." No one ever could really compare to Nyx, if you asked me. Hell, guess it really was love or whatever. I pushed myself up with my elbows and settled myself in her lap, then kissed her again, gently, catching movement out of the corner of my eye. Hey, was that Max? Oh, and, ugh, Alister. Aannd they looked like they were about to hang out. Maybe that's what she meant by she was busy. Oh well. Another kiss for Nyx. I wouldn't want to bug Max if she was busy anyway.

"Ok, let me put in a text to Alex, see if she'd like to see a show. Maybe two shows." I wiggled my hips slightly and raised an eyebrow with a smirk, then texted.

To Alex posted:

Hey, cutie. Want to go see a movie w/me & Nyx? We r @ Starbucks right now, about to head out. Can wait 4 u if u r in tho.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: -1, Trespass: 1
Harm 1/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: drained, shadowed, delusional

“I'll get you another drat bowl, Sarah!” I shout as I push myself back to my feet. drat, that was a strong kick. “I'll even buy you one right now, as long as you and Anna get the gently caress out of here with me. This place is dangerous. I am not joking.”

I know she could very well be the danger herself, but I'm not about to just leave her here on the off-chance that she is.

I flex my fists and ease into a defensive stance in case she comes at me again. If she does, may God help her. I try to only smite the wicked, but I'll gently caress up anybody who tries to hurt me too.

Anna gains the condition foolish for getting involved in this.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 18, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I like coffee places. They make me think of Seattle, and that makes me think of Kurt. Also, coffee is one of those things I can actually taste. Food is just kind of... there. And then I sit down to eat it, and afterwards, it's gone, but I don't remember eating it. Like a little snippet of reality cut out of the world. But coffee is real for me; coffee, tea, alcohol, and drugs. Libations. I looked the word up. Offerings for the dead.

I order a Caramel Machiato, medium-sized, and wonder when everything got so expensive. Alister already has a seat, and I feel my phone vibrate on the way to the table. Sitting down, I pull it out to check, and see the text from Jess. I feel my stomach flollop. I look around and notice her cuddled up with Lilliana for the first time. I feel fluttery, all in my gut. Are they asking me to...?

And then I spot Max. She looks wet, and tired, and in need of someone to talk to. Okay, Alex. Priorities. I swallow, take out my phone, and carefully type a reply:

to Jess posted:

Max sked to talk to me bout something import. If I have time afterward i could join u? :sun:

I send the text and give a little wave. Then Max is sitting down. "Hi," I say, putting the phone away. "Is everything okay?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot -1 Cold 0 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5 | Conditions: Desperate for Attention, Blamed, Callous

The lights flicker for one brief moment - and in that moment, Sarah receives a mental command.

DON'T KILL THAT ONE. I WANT HIM.

The gently caress? Yes RUL.. I wasn't going to loving kill him earlier... I think. I was and still am pretty mad. Still though, Poor Nathan, sucks to be him. Really sucks. RUL's sudden emergence into the proceedings has changed things. I was going to kick the poo poo out of him - you can't replace that one without a time machine - but it's time for a different strategy.

Looking at Erik and Anna to make sure they're not too freaked out, I turn back to Nathan, putting my hands in my coat pockets and glaring angrily. It'd probably serve me better not to look so mad, but I can't help it - he smashed that loving bowl! I have a few more, but that one was special. Dammit.

"What exactly about my apartment is freaking you out so much? I promise you, no live wiring, dangerous animals, or unattended fires. This place is rad dude, calm down maybe? Enjoy yourself?" I've kinda fanned my coat out a little bit - oh, I forgot to button up a couple of the buttons at the top of my shirt after things with Nyx - and by the end of my little spiel, there's a sly smile on my face, the promise of fun in my eyes.

Turn on Nathan: 2d6-1 8

Advance - All bargains.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 18, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5. Conditions:

I smiled softly as Alex sat down next to me, fighting the impulse to look away or to frown or to do any of a million other things that I felt like doing after that dream. No. It's just a weird dream, right? This is Alex, she's... not exactly my friend, but she's someone I know well enough and she's nice and absolutely not hte kind of person that I should-

You know what? Let's stop thinking about it! Cut that off right there, put that in a box, and leave it in the 'attic', so to speak, never to be seen or heard from again. I sipped at my coffee, set it back down, and gave a little half nod. "Um... Not exactly, but it's good enough, I suppose. I've had a long day. A very, very long day." She'd never know the half of it. I can't say I've had many weirder and worse days than this one, though there's certainly a few.

"I just wanted to... Hang out, I guess. Talk things over." God, Max, what things? That's so vague! Aaargh, I need to find better ways to say things... One of these days, I will be good at saying what I mean! Today is not that day. "I figured that the two of us... and Alister, I guess, could... I don't know, talk things out a bit. Er." I'd really like to vent, but that's... not going to happen.

Honestly, I sort of figured just by being next to her I'd figure out what to do about that dream, but...

And I was soaking wet, my hair was all a mess, and probably not in a fun, sexy way, my skin was all shiny because of the rain, and who the heck knows what my face looks like. I can't imagine I look nice- but I try to make up for it with a smile and a shake of my head, and it just might work.

Turned On Alex and Alister: 7 and 9, respectively, rolled in the chat. Choose giving Max a String, a Promise, or Yourself, as normal.

"Um... You know what, what's been going on with you, lately? Anything... special been happening in your life?" Maybe If I understood what was going on with her (and Alister, I guess) I'd at least have more of a chance to figure out what the hell to do.

God, I must look so confused right now.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh, quick response. I read the text and look up. Oh, there's Alex there, with Alister and Max. Huh, go Max, I guess. I shoot Alex a text back.

To Alex posted:

Peek-a-boo! Ok hun. Just txt me after ur done. We'll hang out! <3 :*

To Alex posted:

Way easier to get ahold of u now. So happy u have a phone!!

I turn my attention back to Nyx and motion over my shoulder. "So, Alex is having a pow-wow with Maxi and Alisturd over there, dunno what about but she said she might catch up with us later. You still wanna do the movie or do you want to go annoy them?" I slipped my hands around her waist and chuckled. "OOoorr, we could probably just swing back to my place - eff Vern even if he is home!" Plus, I knew where Max was which meant she wasn't still pretending to be me at home, which was the main obstacle. "So if you'd rather just...take it somewhere more private I'd be down. Alex lives next door, anyway, so whatever the gently caress." Look, I know, it was a lot to take in. But I mean, this was Nyx. This was her, and me, and I had all her attention for once. Why would I want to give that up if I didn't need to?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I look between the two of them. The two of us... and Alister. Yeah... really starting to feel like a third wheel here. Still, Alex thinks she's cool, so I should at least try, right?

I say, keeping it a bit vague, "Oh, well, Alex and I just hung out for a while. She mentioned she didn't have a phone, so I hooked her up. Know a guy who knows a guy, you know. After that, we got to talking, actually, and she said she thought you were pretty cool." I glance at Alex for a moment before continuing. "You know, kind, helpful, just a generally good person. So, if Alex is willing to vouch for you, I'm... willing to admit I may have jumped the gun with what I said earlier. So, sorry for that." I really wants to ask just what Max was doing there if she wasn't perving, but she(?) looks like she's had a rough day. Probably a good idea to ask about that another time. Instead, I offer her my hand and give her an apologetic smile, hoping that we can put that misunderstanding behind us.

Giving her what she wants, telling her what's been going on AND offering to mend bridges. Alister's so generous.
Also: Turn on Max: 2d6-1 3
bwam bwam bwaaaa.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 18, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

(Added the XP I forgot to add for that turnon earlier.)

Well. This was actually a little surprising. I raised an eyebrow, but he seemed to be earnest- giving me an honest apology. Holy poo poo. This was more than I expected in a thousand years, and made this trip worth it all by itself. Aaaah... At this point, it would be pretty rue to say no, so I stuck my hand forward, taking it in Alister's and giving him a firm shake. Man. It might have been heaping it on a bit, but an apology's an apology, either way. "Apology accepted." I can't say I really approve of his... profession, but it's not really all that bad, in the scheme of things. It's not like I didn't know people who knew people who knew people at my old school, anyways.

And besides, him and Alex seem to be getting along pretty well, so that's not so bad.

"So, ah, what got you and Alex hanging out, anyways?"

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: -1, Trespass: 1
Harm 1/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: drained, shadowed, delusional

Sarah is certainly an attractive human, but that is nothing more than a tempting distraction. With Anna and this other kid here, I'm not sure I should tell the truth about my presence. Then again, I am sure that nothing will change if we just keep antagonizing each other. I have to give it a shot.

“This place is like a beacon of nothingness, a place worse than hell.” Ugh. It would be really nice to have my angelic intonations right about now. Thanks, God. “It might not seem dangerous right now, but something is really, really wrong here. I came here to find out what it is. If you're not going to leave, and you're not going to help me, then I'm going to search the building until I find it. I'll leave your apartment alone of course, so you don't have to worry about me causing any more damage here. I'm sorry for that, by the way."

Letting Sarah have a string for turning me on.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Stalker, foolish

Ok, ok...breathe, Anna. Sarah kicked him pretty drat hard, but I don't need Hugo to tell that Nathan is ready for a fight. Fortunately, Sarah de-escalates the situation. That's some self-control right there, because I can tell she's still spitting mad but... good. A fight was the last thing I needed on top of everything else. I feel guilty as soon as I finish that thought. I just stood there and watched. Again. Is that all I'm good for? Watching other people sort their poo poo out?

I shake my head. Nathan is still talking about how dangerous the place is. A...beacon of nothingness? I mean, the building is pretty dilapidated but still, that's a bit harsh. Though, come to think of it, it is a bit weird how nobody seems to live here apart from Sarah. Huh. Why didn't that bother me before?

now would be an excellent time to leave. the slave's attention is focused on the zealot. make what excuses you think necessary and go.

Hugo! Where the gently caress were you? It takes all my effort not to shout. The stupid bird is still nowhere to be seen. If this place is so loving dangerous, then why -

I am but a scout, an outrider. I cannot match the powers arrayed here. vigilance is the best defence I can offer you.

So Nathan's right? This place -

the zealot seeks this kind of danger. it is his delusion that by confronting it, he may regain what he has lost.

I don't care about what Nathan wants. I just want to know what's going on. Sarah is... flirting? with Nathan. That's... novel. Doomed to failure. But I need a distraction. "Just gonna grab something to drink. Erik, Sarah, you want anything?" I head toward the kitchen.

Hugo, you are going to tell me exactly what is so dangerous about this place, right now.

Gaze into the Abyss
(7:19:04 AM) Gato: !r 2d6+2
(7:19:05 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 10+2 = 12

Visions are lucid and detailed; visions cure me, removing foolish. Marking exp for Dark.

Gato fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 18, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

As Max talks, I get Jess's text, and smile. I'm so happy I have a phone too! All thanks to Alister. It seems rude to respond while people are talking -- even though I've seen people do it -- so I just nod to her across the coffee shop, smiling.

And, amazingly, Alister and Max are getting along. That's good. They both seemed awfully shut up in themselves, before. It's the school, I think. It takes you out of your old life and puts this shell around you. It doesn't do it to me because I don't have an old life. The worst thing kill myself that ever happened to me has already happened. Everything afterward is... afterlife.

"He helped me," I tell Max. "This morning I had a... bad turn... because of something Sarah said." For a moment, I feel my face darken and I grit my teeth. "I don't know what made her so awful to everyone, but it needs to stop." I shake my head, sending wet hair flying. "Anyway, I hit my head, and cut myself a little, and Alister helped me clean it up. And after that, we started hanging out." I put my new phone on the table and spin it. I think about saying it was a gift from Alister, but he seems to be embarrassed by the idea of charity. "Really, it's been a good day."

I look at Max, searching her face, and... she's very cute. I can see how Alister thought she was a boy, for all I know, maybe in her head she is a boy, but still... Cute. And kind of... vulnerable. I suddenly have the urge to hug her. Or more...

I don't know. Maybe it was Jess's text influencing me, maybe it's the fact that I was already sitting next to her, but I decide to push. I slide my hand across the table, intending to touch hers, but I bump the caramel machiatto. Whipped cream rocks back and forth on a sea of mocha and almost spills. drat it, Alex. I draw back... and then say gently caress it and give her a quick, friendly one-armed hug anyway. If you can't be subtle, at least be honest.

Alex gives herself clumsily to Max. Turn Max on: 2d6-1 6

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask. "You seem like you have something on your mind."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Huh. So Alister's helping her out. That would be pretty out of character from what I thought, but.. Maybe he's just becoming a better person. Or maybe I'd missed something this whole time. That would be nice, at least. I mean, he's still kind of a dick ,but not a total dick. Maybe just like, half-dick. But more importantly, what's this about Sarah doing stuff to people...? Hurting people and hitting her head?

Man, maybe I'll need to check this out. I mean, it's no news that Sarah's kind of The Worst, but it might give me something to do to get my mind off all this. And be around Alex, too. Those goals are admittedly a little contradictory, but I figure that ignoring it flat out won't make that weird premonition go away, so I'll have to indulge it, if not even a hundredth of what it wants....

Man. She's really staring at me. She gets so distracted looking at me that she nearly spills her own darn drink ,but then she reaches forward for a hug- and I hug back with my left hand, because that's what you do, right? Only polite. ... I barely even notice that it's the hand with the bandages on it. Her hug came a bit out of nowhere, but it's not that bad, really.

Oh. gently caress. She wants to know how I'm doing. poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo I don't want to- no , can't say- aah, gently caress. I can't tell her about the thing, I definitely can't tell her I punched a mirror in the face because it started talking to me, like hell I'm telling her about the Jess and Nyx thing (Even if it turned out pretty well in the end)... What do I say, what do I say?

I probably looked pretty frenetic for a moment there, though at the time I was pretty sure I was playing it cool.

"Well... I've had... a bit of a bad day. Nothing important, really. I hurt my hand, ah, had a bit of a confrontation with someone this morning..." Two, actually. "Nothing really important, right? Just some crazy girl... Not that different from any other day here." Yeah. That's it. Play it cool ,she'll never know any different! Hopefully.

Oh who am I kidding that is one of the worst lies I've ever told.

"You know, the usual lovely day deal. With that and the rain... Aah, it's not a big deal, though."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Gay, Friendly, Drained

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Something is really bothering Max, and he obviously doesn't want to talk while I'm around. I glance around and then pat down my pocket in sudden 'realization.' Then, I say, "Oh, my phone's going off. This is probably important, so I may be a little. Feel free to keep telling Alex what's bothering you though." I give her a knowing look and then cut my eyes to Alex for a second, one that says, Just tell her what actually happened already. She's really worried.

Offer Max an XP to open up about what really happened today. To Alex, at least.

I leave the two of them alone and head to the other side of the coffee shop, which, unfortunately has me sitting in a chair close to Jess and Nyx. I pretend to be intently texting while I'm actually just goofing around on my browser. While I'm doing that, I let my mind wander, and start thinking of all the terrible secrets that Max could be sharing with Alex while I'm gone.

Gaze about Max: 2d6+2 8
Take Drained for clear visions

I shudder a little while I'm in the chair. Walking around in the rain so much has started to give me a chill. I really need to take a hot shower soon.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5. Conditions:

... Well.

I mean, poo poo. He's giving me a look. It's not even a bad look! Exactly, anyways. IT's not like it's an 'I'm a horrible douche who wants to know all your secrets' look. It's more like... A 'dude what the gently caress' look or a 'Come on, for her' look. It's like puppy dog eyes by proxy, using Alex to make me feel bad! ... Even if I'm pretty sure he really does just want me to talk to Alex, it's still a horribly underhanded tactic.

Damnit! It was so much easier to deal with Alister when he was just kind of a dick! Why does he have to be sort of a nice person now? Uugh... He's probably right, though. I should open up, even if it's just a little tiny bit...

In any case, I watch as he walks straight to the other side of the coffee shop. Well. That's not so bad, I guess. I can... talk to her. I don't know if I'll tell her the part about th dream, but... She kindof deserves to know about my shapeshifting if we're going to be friends, anyways. IT's not like I haven't told Jess. And Jess and Nyx are back together, so as long as I'm quiet and Nyx doesn't hear, this shouldn't be too bad, right?

Might have to skim over punching a mirror, though.

I lowered my voice down to a whisper, leaning towards Alex over the table. Probably a bit too close, honestly, our noses were almost touching. "I guess I should give a bit of a better explanation than that, huh?" I mean, he was right. She did look a tad worried, so... Ugh. I'll tell her. This better not bite me in the rear end, later. "So I can... sort of. Ugh. This is going to sound dumb, but I can prove it later- I can turn into other people. I've been able to do it since I was little, if I put on someone's clothes... I can turn into them, become them, sorta? God, you're going to think I'm crazy, but... I can. So, you probably saw this morning that Jess and Nyx weren't doing very well... So a lot of my day was spent comforting Jess... and then, um. Turning into her to break up with Nyx, essentially. But I kinda got guilty, so I gave her a second chance, and she took it, and it looks like they're friends again?" Wow I sound way stupid. "Er... And then when I got back to Jess' place we hugged and I fell asleep, and had a weird dream... Er." ... She's not going to have the context to understand this. "Er. Hard to explain, but basically I had the worst nightmare I've had in a while, woke up in a cold sweat, flipped out, and... punched Jess' mirror." Uuugh this is so dumb... "And... um. Some other stuff happened, I went home for a bit, and... Argh. IT's hard to explain why this day has been just, so, so lovely, but... Blaaah.
Words."

Taking that XP. TAking it so hard!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Sarah/Nathan/Anna:
Erik hasn't said much since Nathan arrived, but now he stands up, shaking his head. "Dude, you're on a bad trip or something. Just lie down, and chill out. There's no 'evil presence' here, nothing dangerous..." he punctuates his speech with a chuckle. "Just relax."

Anna, Hugo doesn't reply, and you can soon see why, when you go to the kitchen. Something has the raven by the neck, something terrifying; a shadowy figure, dark and insubstantial, with the horns of a bull and piercing eyes. He towers over you, looking to be almost nine feet tall. Well... you wanted to know what had Nathan so spooked, even if it seems he doesn't see it the way you just did. Maybe that's one of the benefits of whatever the hell destiny Hugo keeps telling you you have.

The creature 'speaks', but it's without sound, just like... the knowledge of what it wants just appears in your brain, unbidden. "You will tell nobody of this. You will return here the next time my servant asks. You will bring her something of value. Do you understand?" What in the hell do you do?

Alex/Alister/Max:
Max takes a string on Alex and Alister for their failed Turn Ons

Alister, when you think of what Max could be telling Alex, the answer's clear - it has to be about you, right? She's figured out something about you, and she's telling one of the people you actually give a drat about, to try and scare her away from you. Either that, or it's about Alex, and she knows something she wants to use to blackmail her, without you being around to defend her! Which of those two do you think is right? What do you do?

Nyx/Jess:
So, Alister just rolled up nice and conveniently close to you two, and is totally pretending to be on his phone. He's not close enough to be included in any conversation, but close enough to eavesdrop and generally be a creeper. What do you do about that?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

"You can turn into what?" I ask incredulously. At first I don't think I heard that right, but then she keeps talking. And then she got Jess and Lilliana back together? I look over at the two of them cuddling and back to Max. And then she punched a mirror? Why? It feels like she's leaving out the parts of the story that make it make sense, but the parts she's telling are so strange that i can't believe there'd be anything even stranger that she couldn't say. I glance at Alister, to see if he can believe this, but of course he can't hear. Right.

Shapeshifting. Well, I can walk through walls. Together we fight crime.
I shake my head.

"So the... dream is what set all this off? Or the sleeping with Jess? or the..." I cock my head. "You told Jess what you could do, right? That's why she hugged you? And, uh... slept with you?" I can't even tell if that's jealousy or what I'm feeling. I shake my head again, feeling water drops fly. I don't understand. "Is that why you need to talk to someone?"

I narrow it down to the three things I can grasp: Max had a bad dream. Max hurt her hand. And Max has superpowers. When you put it like that, it's simple. I stand up abruptly, taking her by the (non-injured) hand and pulling her in the direction of the Women's restroom. "I want to see," I say. "I want to see you change into someone. If I can get past that, I'll understand the rest."

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

I glanced from where I was still kissing on Jess as Alister moved closer, then started to act like he was on his phone busy with something else. Ugh, probably looking for a reason to bitch at me, I was so loving tired of his bullshit always looking for reasons to freak at me. So gently caress it, if he wanted to come over and creep on us, I'd at least make it a little fun for me, as I leaned down on Jess' neck and started to nibble at the tender skin gently, sucking lightly to give her a hickey - making sure to be just loud enough to piss Alister off, probably.

Between the little sucks I did talk though, "Your place could be fun, but I dunno, something about being out sounds nice today, even if the day is poo poo. I'll have fun with whatever we do though." I was so happily kissing at the girl who was literally sitting in my lap, without any worry for the barista's glares or Alister's closeness and proximity to be creepy, "I dunno, it looks like Alex is dragging that uh, Max person." I didn't really know Max like, at all, didn't really have much interest either, they didn't seem particularly interesting, "Off to the bathroom for some fun." I commented as I watched Alex drag her to the women's restroom, only pouting a little, "You wanna go see if they're gonna gently caress in there?" I said it just loud enough for Alister, giggling as I kissed Jess' neck again, "Never been much for restrooms, but I know some people who are."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I noticed Alister sit down nearby and I quirked up an eyebrow. Personally I didn't pay much mind to the dude, but I know he pissed Nyx off something fierce so he kind of pissed me off by proxy.

I opened my mouth to say something to him, since he seemed to have abandoned Alex and Max but all that came out was an surprised...and excited...squeak.

Ok, gently caress, so the neck was kinda a spot. I bit my lip to shut myself up. Probably waaay too late for at least Alister, and most likely the barista who had been creeping on us since we got here, to not notice, but thems the breaks.

"Movie's fine..." I murmured once she gave me a moment - not long enough to regain my calm or anything, but...I did spare a glance as Alex and Max headed off into the bathroom. It was either like Nyx was suggesting, which would be weird since Max always seemed kinda asexual or maybe with a crush on me?(ew no she's like my sister or whatever that's loving weird), and I thought Alex kind of had a thing going for me from the way she always watched me change in the morning, or it was Max getting ready to do some of her weird voodoo which was probably more likely? So I shook my head. "I don't t-think...it would be fair to interrupt them." I glanced over towards the boy pretending to play with his phone. Oh what the hell I could get some enjoyment out of this. "What about you Alister?" I squirmed a little as she nipped at a sensitive spot. "You think it would be fair?"

rolling to turn on Alister with my display here.

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 11+2 = 13

Can't even take a string, but whatever.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 19, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Gay, Friendly, Drained

I start to text Alex to see what's going on. I'm... not thrilled with leaving Alex behind, but she can handle herself, I think. Of course, that's when they start with their stupid giggling. I glance up from my phone when they start talking for my benefit, though. I'm really getting sick of them. I look up to say something cutting when I catch sight of the Jess' face. I'm... Wait, what was I going to say?

I look away to clear my head and that's when I see them. Holy poo poo, Nyx wasn't joking. They're really going to... And just ditch... WHAT IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM TODAY?! IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE WATER?

I stand up and shove my phone in my pocket. Storming across the small Starbucks only takes what feels like a few strides. I cut between the two of them, and I hiss at Alex, "I thought we were partners. I didn't mind letting you two talk out whatever was bothering him, but with the excited way you're dragging Max here, I guess things weren't that bad. Partners don't ditch each other to go gently caress in the bathroom."

Jealous coils around Alex: 2d6+2 10
Get a string on Alex and Max loses one on Alex MINE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5. Conditions:

"Um. Let me start again, I guess. Er. I can turn into people, you got that part... I took the part of Jess because she couldn't confront Nyx herself, so I did, and it went fairly okay in the end, I had a lovely dream where you saved me about drowning, and I swear I'll explain the thing with the mirror later."Okay! There. Take two sort of clarified it. "And yeah, Jess knows what I can do. She's known it for... well, a pretty significant portion of the time I've known her, anyways. The ... nap was kind of what set it off, in that it was probably part of the stuff that made me think about the things that... lead to the dream. Um. I'm not going to go into all of that, it's... pretty darn personal. And, ah... I just wanted to talk to people to get out of my own head, so I guess yes, it is kind of why I wanted to talk to you, yeah."

I blink as Alex grabs my hand, but don't really stop her from pulling me off towards the bathroom. Er, I'm a bit surprised by it, and I go kind of red, but... "Um... I can do that, I guess! Er..." I think I'll wait to tell her that I need her clothes to do it. I don't exactly drag around a wardrobe with myself, at least. Not my fault! Aah... Well, I thought we were going to get to the bathroom,anyways.

Then Alister decides to pop in and start being a dick. Welp. I thought he was being alright, but now he's all up in my fa- What? The gently caress? Jesus poo poo, has the dude never seen people go to the loving bathroom? I mean, fair enough that we're not exactly intending to go take a piss, but /loving/? What the actual gently caress, dude? I release Alex's hand, crossing my arms and leaning towards him, generally trying to make myself look bigger and taller.

"Dude! What the actual poo poo? First off, Partners? You're dating? I honestly kinda thought you were into men. But secondly, look, We were getting along just fine." I take a pause for a moment, giving Alister a scowl to match the one that's constantly on his face (Except when he's pouting, it seems.) "Look, you little poo poo. If I was going to go gently caress someone in the bathroom, it wouldn't be someone that I've honestly had like /two/ actual conversations with!" I don't actually make a comment on the guy thing. I don't actually care all that much what gender he thinks I am. I don't really think of myself one way or the other anymore.

You know what?
Fine. He won't believe me if I don't show him.

I grabbed Alister's hand, and continued my storm towards the bathroom- preferably a family bathroom, if they had one. "Look. Why don't I just loving show you what I was going to do, eh?" He can see. It'll be easier than explaining. "Don't worry, I'm not just going to take a piss in front of you or whatever."

loving dickhead.

Rolled a shutdown, 2d6+1=nine ,tagged the Gay condition to make it a ten- he loses a string on me.

• Locked thread