Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: 0, Trespass: 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: none

I begin every morning at this place with a prayer. They used to be directly to God, but now they are nothing more than a ritual, a form of meditation to clear my mind before the trials ahead. Maybe He hears them, but if so, He has certainly never shown it. Not like I care anymore anyway. There are more important things on my mind, like what to do about Franklin. That shithead is already pulling the hair of the kid in front of him, Sam, and calling him a fag. Sam has long hair, and he's actually being quiet instead of paying attention to the (frankly amusing) show the ladies in the class are putting on. Of course, Franklin would be doing this to him even without those excuses, because I've seen his heart… and also caught him making out with Peter in the locker room a while back. He knows I saw him, but he thinks I won't tell anyone or do anything about it.

I slide gracefully out of my chair and wind my way up the chaotic aisles to where Franklin is trying to get his buddies to join in on the bullying.

I grab the son of a bitch by his collar and pull him up out of his seat with one hard yank. I lock eyes with him, attempting to channel my potent but distant memories of the terrific awe my gaze used to inflict.

"No more," I command. "He's suffered enough, and so have you… unless you continue this path."

I keep my expression calm and steady as I let that threat hang in the air. It wasn't loud, but my voice has a way of carrying.

Rolling to shut Franklin down.
<Klingon> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 11 = 11

I choose to gain a string on him.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: none

Not even my righteous mission could distract me from Nyx's appearance. It is a shame that she uses her beauty for such trivial bullshit, and maybe even uses it to hurt people, but there is nothing wrong with appreciating the human form. They were made in God's image, after all.

As I am reminded of the lord, I catch Alister's glance. Odd. I want to go speak to him, but I know that, given my recent display, that might make his predicament worse. Instead, I will send him a text message. I go back to my desk for now, keeping a hard eye on Franklin's buddies along the way, then pull out my phone.

quote:

Are you going to go talk to Alex? Or do you want me to?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: none

I nod at Alister as he leaves. I send him a text saying the name Janey doesn't sound familiar, but I wish him luck, then tuck my phone away. I truly hope he can manage to own up to his mistake and make a real apology. Whether he does or not, I should seek out that Alex girl soon. There is so much wrong in this school, I don't even know where to begin sometimes.

Now that I've put Franklin in his place, he probably won't try anything for another couple hours. I'll be shocked if the homeroom teacher is coming, so maybe it would be best if I went out and searched for the wayward members of this flock of mine.

So which of them needs my guidance the most? Time was, I could simply ask the lord—well, not “simply”, as it involved a great deal of submission and sublimation, but it was certainly a clearer path. Now, I have to stare at the ugly wound inside me where He used to dwell. I stare down at my desk and trace my finger slowly along a deep cut in the surface, probably carved in by some knife-happy punk long ago.

Alex is an obvious choice, since she was bleeding, but letting Alister talk to her might help both of them. Anna has a strange way about her, as does Sarah. I could try to help Jessie, but I doubt I could bless her life any more than the lord already has. Max has the bearing and grace of some angels I used to know... making her all the more vulnerable. And of course, the selfishness that has grown like an oozing infection in my soul simply wants to see Nyx again, and will use any excuse it can.

Gazing into the abyss about who I should try to help, and where they might be.
<<Krysmbot> Klingon, 4 = 4
Uh, well. Marking XP for Trespass/Dark at least, right?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

It takes me a minute to shake off the haunting echoes of that damned voice. It's right though. It doesn't matter who I try to help. Franklin will just pull the same old poo poo tomorrow, or pick a new target, and half the class will cut school again next week. Not like I blame them. This place is as lost as I am.

I'm so caught up in it that I almost don't realize my phone is ringing. Man, it's not often people come to me. And it's Nyx? Huh. I take the call right away. Anything to distract me from having to think about my own problems sounds good right now.

"Hey, Nathan. It's Lily. I uh, I hosed up bad."

“Hello,” I reply. “Yeah, you don't sound too well. The teacher still isn't here yet, so you can tell me what happened if you need to.”

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: -1, Trespass: 1

Listening to Lily say 'gently caress' this much after her earlier display definitely makes it hard to concentrate, but I still listen and make prompting noises at the appropriate places. This is a lot to take in, and I doubt I would fully understand the situation even if I did.

“That's some heavy poo poo,” I tell her. “Nothing's ever simple once sex gets involved. Jess might say she's okay with what you do, but maybe she's not, you know?” I half-raise my hand when Mr. Bradshaw calls my name. “I know this might not be a consideration for you, but I would just take sex off the table completely. Once you stop putting out, that's when you'll find the people who really care about you. Make 'em work for you. Think about it, at least.”

Wait, what the gently caress am I doing giving actual advice to her? These two are totally wrong for each other. I should just tell her that. I want to. But the way she's sniffling and cracking... Have I really fallen so far?

“If you did stop, do you really think she would stick with you? Looking at things from the outside, it seems like she only cares about your body. I mean, look how she's acting from it momentarily not being hers. You can do better than jealousy like that.”

poo poo. I guess I have.

“Whatever you do, I got your back.”

Orbs fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 14, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: drained

I'm disgusted with this situation, and with myself. I'm leaving. I give Franklin and his pals a steely glare as I exit the room, then I'm out. I inadvertently walk right past my next class, though my remorse over doing so is fairly limited. I once stood by the side of the lord. What need do I have of this incomplete mortal knowledge?

With a dark countenance, I begin seeking out another lost soul instead. I am very pleased that Alister has resolved his situation with Alex, and Jess and Nyx should be doing their thing now, whatever that may be. Hopefully breaking up.

Hmm... What about Sarah? Nyx said she was involved in all her poo poo too. That's an odd thing for someone like her to get involved in, and I want to at least get a better picture of what went down there. I just hope I'm still in tune enough to the Spirit to find her. I'm sure she cut school too.

Gazing into the Abyss with Dark/Trespass about how to find/contact Sarah, since I don't actually have her number.
<Klingon> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 8+1 = 9
Eh, lucid and detailed this time. Also XP for it, I think?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: drained

When the vision of Sarah's place hits me, I have to hold onto the nearest wall to keep from keeling over. Even then I wince and slam into the row of lockers I end up using to try to support myself. What the hell was that? And how didn't I notice it before?

It may have taken too much of my memory to view that horrible beacon of nothingness, but my feet are already taking me there. I slip past a ton of kids who need me and a ton of the teachers who keep failing them on my way out. Hopefully I can come back to them before it is too late. I wish I still had access to my holy artifacts, but their location has faded from my memory. No matter. It is not my weapons that make me who I am, it is the grace and power of my soul.

I make my way on foot through the soggy streets of Detroit. The weather means nothing to me. I helped forge these patterns myself in days long past, and once I am more in-tune with my remaining power, affecting it will be the least of my might.

Thinking of the far-gone glory days is a pretty naked attempt to psyche myself up for an encounter I am very unsure I'm prepared for, but it's working a little. My human frailties—a rapid heartbeat, sweat, fear—are diminishing. You might think seeing the normal-looking place would help more, but no. There is a horrific wrongness that permeates this place. The angles and light sources are—incorrect. Shadows are being projected that should not be there, rooms seem for a moment to be larger than the house. I don't know what this is yet, but I have to save Sarah from it.

I knock assertively and wait.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: drained, shadowed

Anna's here too? poo poo, I didn't even see her. Unexpected, but it might even make things easier. I need to find out what both their deals are. I keep my eyes locked on her and Sarah the whole time I speak, but I'm also straining my peripheral vision, trying to find anything out of the ordinary. Nothing yet. Just a normal mortal dwelling, for the most part.

“You'd be surprised what forces I understand, Anna,” I say, though that confidence is mostly for show. I'm definitely rattled by her words. “Also, Jehovah's Witnesses. That's funny, Sarah.” I stare through the pot smoke at her. “You hurt a lot of people this morning. Do you really crave attention so much that you'll just throw yourself into other people's problems? They don't need that. Maybe you care, maybe you don't, but I'm just here to tell you that the more you gently caress with other people, the more up in your poo poo I'm going to be. I doubt you want that.”

Rolling to shut Sarah down
<Klingon> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 9 = 9
Tagging desperate for attention to make it 10
I give Sarah the condition Callous

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: drained, shadowed

“Yes, I did also speak to Nyx,” I say to Sarah. “Then I came to you. I'm not singling you out.”

I can tell her subsequent apology is not the most sincere ever, but I don't think it's possible to connect or get any more out of her at the moment. I'm already pushing it by coming her uninvited, I suddenly realize. Oh well. Too late now.

I take a hit from the offered "peace" bowl, and immediately regret it. Under any other circumstances, it would be a nice buzz for my human form. Here, though, smoking Sarah's personal pot in this strange domain, I see flashes of the eyes that are watching this apartment. Dark, hostile, and hidden, as if the place is surrounded by thick foliage and a hunter is observing me through it. Unfortunately, the only thing even resembling a weapon I have is Sarah's bowl. But there's no time to think. I infuse the object with what little divine might I have left and hurl it at the eyes with a harsh cry.

“Sarah, Anna,” I say sternly. “You both need to get out of here! Something dangerous is here with us.”

Lashing out at something that is most likely not RUL
<Klingon> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 9+1 = 10
Marking XP for Volatile. If it actually does anything, I do have the Smiting move, to add 1 to the roll and 1 Harm to the damage. Also, for my 10+ option, I choose to gain a String on RUL.

As for Uncanny Voices: Nathan secretly fears that God will never speak to him again, and that gradually he will be cut off from Heaven forever.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 16, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Harm 1/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: drained, shadowed, delusional

“I'll get you another drat bowl, Sarah!” I shout as I push myself back to my feet. drat, that was a strong kick. “I'll even buy you one right now, as long as you and Anna get the gently caress out of here with me. This place is dangerous. I am not joking.”

I know she could very well be the danger herself, but I'm not about to just leave her here on the off-chance that she is.

I flex my fists and ease into a defensive stance in case she comes at me again. If she does, may God help her. I try to only smite the wicked, but I'll gently caress up anybody who tries to hurt me too.

Anna gains the condition foolish for getting involved in this.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 18, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Sarah is certainly an attractive human, but that is nothing more than a tempting distraction. With Anna and this other kid here, I'm not sure I should tell the truth about my presence. Then again, I am sure that nothing will change if we just keep antagonizing each other. I have to give it a shot.

“This place is like a beacon of nothingness, a place worse than hell.” Ugh. It would be really nice to have my angelic intonations right about now. Thanks, God. “It might not seem dangerous right now, but something is really, really wrong here. I came here to find out what it is. If you're not going to leave, and you're not going to help me, then I'm going to search the building until I find it. I'll leave your apartment alone of course, so you don't have to worry about me causing any more damage here. I'm sorry for that, by the way."

Letting Sarah have a string for turning me on.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

I stare at the guy who spoke up, having not really realized he was even here before. I size him up, then quickly give him a friendly smile back. “You might be right,” I say. “But I think we need to settle some things with the host first.”

The emptiness I'm feeling could be coming from anywhere in the building, but the longer I stay in this apartment, the more suspicious I become that it is, or was, here. And if I'm wrong, staying here will at least help these kids stay safe. Maybe it has a little to do with the fact that there are also two girls and drugs here...

Anyway, I turn to Sarah. “I'm sorry for overreacting like that. I can replace everything I broke, or if you don't want me to do that, I can pay you back some other way. Money, rides, you name it.” I punctuate that bit with a smile and a confident yet relaxed stance, backed up by the subtle glow of my remaining divine grace—somewhat diminished, now that I think of it. No matter. I want her to know that I can help.

Rolling to turn Sarah on.
Klingon> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 11-1 = 10

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

I grit my teeth as Sarah starts coming onto me. No. This isn't like before. I'm not here to get lost in hedonism like when my last charge died, I'm here to protect these people. But it might make her feel better, so I will at least indulge in the intoxicants.

God wouldn't approve, of course, but the way I'm feeling now, that's all the more reason to do it. I can make my peace with the lord later. I take some hits and smile at Sarah during the commercials, but I don't let this go further. There's still something wrong here, and I need to be ready.

“Here, you need this more than I do,” I say to Sarah as I gently push the blanket off, along with her hand. “Thanks for the consideration though.”

Then I turn to Erik, reaching over to shake his hand. “I don't think we've talked before. I'm Nathan. You known Sarah long?”

For her Turn On roll, I'm promising Sarah what I think she wants (chilling with her in the apartment), since she already got a Turn On string from me this scene. But also shutting her down.

Klingon> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 12 = 12
I choose for her to lose that String, because I'm a douche. :douche:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

“That's cool, man.” I don't chat with Erik too much, but enough to start to wonder how he fits in here. It doesn't seem like he's involved with Sarah. In fact, from the way his eyes are always drifting away, I get the impression that he doesn't even want to be here. Before I can try to find out more, though, I hear that Nyx and Jess are on their way. I stifle a groan and suppress an eyeroll. Haven't those two caused enough poo poo for one day?

Part of me wants to just leave all that behind and head out, but it's probably better in the long run for me to stay and try to shut down any drama that starts.

I turn back to Erik. “How about Jess and Liliana? Do you know them at all? They're definitely... interesting, as you saw this morning."

Orbs fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

It is sad and slightly disgusting to watch these people pollute their minds like this. God gave them his very spirit, and this is what they do with it? Why couldn't I have been given their love, their gifts? I would certainly not waste them on drugs. It feels almost spiteful on the part of the lord, after all the time and energy I have spent in his service, and now I'm starting to feel spiteful too. I am better than this. Above it. I continue smoking a little bit so I don't completely ruin my chances at discovering more here, but I will take none of whatever substances Sarah has stashed here. Where did she even get all of it? And if things get out of hand, I'll be relatively sharp, ready to protect everyone from themselves.

“No, but thank you,” I tell Sarah through a forced smile. “I'm good with what I have.”

And you should be too, you ingrates. My divine grace is not at the level it once was, but hopefully my body language will make up the difference in getting them to stop and think about their actions. Especially Sarah.

Rolling to shut Sarah and her wicked ways down.
Klingon> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 8 = 8
We lose a string against each other.

• Locked thread