Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions:

Current Mood

Seriously though. Every drat day. Vern knocks on my door until I hear him through the headphones. He normally doesn't know that Nyx dragged me out to some party, so it takes like, twenty loving minutes.

Then it's a quick shower, pick out an outfit. Make sure the phone's charged, and pretend to listen to him bitch about how I need to be ready in the morning and he can't keep being late to his job and blah blah loving blah - the whole. Ride. Down.

What the gently caress ever. I get to Shitwillow about a minute before the bell every day, so what does it even matter? Then I find Nyx, unless she's sleeping one off that day. If not her, then Alex. If not her, Max. And if not her, then whatever, a corner, headphones, and catch some more sleep. Today though? I don't know, maybe it was just the weather turning or maybe someone shot someone else outside my window, but I woke up early. Which sucked. Because yeah of course Nyx dragged me out last night. poo poo that little top she wore was great though. Maybe that was why - you always wake up from the really good dreams too soon, right?

At least it let me get properly ready instead of rushing. Deep, deep purple eyeshadow, black lipstick, made sure the black nailpolish was up to muster too. Then it was an old Misfits tee, black mini, and candystripe thigh-highs. Don't forget the platform heels. Proper shitkickers. Oh, and gently caress, arm-warmers. Detroit was always cold. I just let the hair hang loose, and sunglasses because it was WAY too early for this poo poo.

At least Vern didn't bitch, but...well, then there was Jasmine. I guess she was trying to be my "friend", or whatever. But, gently caress, anybody who approaches me first is obviously trying to get at some dad-money - like I can even get anything substantial if I wanted to. No thanks. Besides, Nyx was flirting, and, well, dragging my desk away. I mouthed a 'sorry' To Jasmine - best not to burn bridges - and then unashamedly dragged my chair across the room in front of the desk. "Nyx you crazy bitch!" I exclaimed as I plopped myself back down, laughing. I rested my head on my hands, which, were, coincidentally, resting on Nyx's legs as they stretched over my desk. I might've snuggled in a bit. Maybe. "Your set ran waaay too long, I don't think I even slept. NEED COFFEE!" My shout was muffled into my hands/her legs.

Ok, turn on Nyx back.

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 8+2 = 10

Taking a string. Also marking xp for rolling Hot.

quote:

Skin: The Neighbor
Look: femme, averted eyes
Origin: divorce kid

Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1

Moves

Last One Picked
When someone special overlooks you, choose:
- publicize it and give them a Condition,
- let them see you crying and take a String on them.

Mixed Messages
When you're alone with someone, decide if you're attracted to them or not.
- If you are, tell them why you can't be together and roll to shut them down, adding 1 to the roll.
- If you're not, tell them all the things they've got going for them (to let them down easy) and roll to turn them on, adding 1 to the roll.

Self-Deprecating
When you talk poo poo about yourself to someone, they choose:
- argue and give you a String,
- let it slide and shut you down.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue and give you a String, or they mock you and the MC makes a hard move.

Sex Move
When you scream out someone's name during sex, gain a String on them.

Darkest Self
You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they'll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn't supernatural, but you're gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

Backstory
You live next to someone; your bedroom windows face. Choose:
- you watch them through the blinds and they've noticed, each gain 1 String on one another;
- you leave your blinds up while you change, each gain 2 Strings on one another.

You made out with someone a while ago. Gain a String on them and give them 2 Strings on you.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh, Sarah's flirting now? That's uh, different. I always liked Sarah's style, but there was always something...off about her. Still, Nyx seemed to like her fine, so it was probably nothing. I lifted my head, cautiously, and raised an eyebrow, the start of a (stupidly) nervous smile on my face.

"Oh, well poo poo, I mean that's..." I started, but then a wholebunchashit suddenly happened. Nyx flopped off the desk into Sarah's lap, and they started going at it. Like REALLY going at it. I mean, seriously, loving HELLO Nyx?! The smile was gone. Holy gently caress are you kidding me Sarah's hand?

And then Alex stumbled in, and Nyx's top. Great, Alex too? Seriously Alex?! You bitch after all the loving shows I gave you! Ugh, this was...this was too much bullshit Nyx. Too early for all this. I got like no sleep.

gently caress are you crying? Stop that, don't let her...

Yeah, she saw. Nyx caught my eye for just a moment, just as it was tearing up, great. I wiped it with the palm of my hand - luckily the arm warmer was going to catch the mascara running, but still. Head down. Mumble something. "...gonna...gonna go get that coffee before the teacher gets here." Stand up. Out of here.

The chair falling over behind me and crashing loudly to the floor didn't really register over my boots stomping. gently caress I'd have to explain this to her later. gently caress everyone was going to be laughing at me. gently caress me. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress!

So two things. First of all, going to activate Last One Picked. Letting Nyx see me cry and taking a string on her.

Then, Running Away.

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 8+1 = 9

Going to choose cause a big scene.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

gently caress! poo poo! gently caress! Piss! Balls! Keep your poo poo in Vanderwal, god-dammit!

I just heard my own boots clomping noisily down the hallway, out the door. Sidewalk, more sidewalk. That lovely gravel path and then finally, a moment of solitude.

"FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!" I shouted into the air. A couple crows got disturbed and fluttered off. Ugh, this poo poo was awful. Sobbing, finally, choking sobs now that the school was gone. You're ruining your mascara Jess, you idiot. Hands reached for forearms, covered by arm-warmers.

My wrists itched, that was a bad sign. I scratched. Not hard, but gently caress, it was hard to stop. "I am such a moron, I am so loving stupid..." I kept repeating, a mantra. A ritual.

...you want to know why the park? I mean, look at the loving place. It's rotten. It's broken. The cycle has ended for it. Here. It's a series of unmarked graves for unloved creatures. No one living bothered with this poo poo. That's why it was perfect here, for this loving purgatory my life had become. Just waiting to fall apart like everything else here. None of the people pretending their lives weren't actual loving hell. It was real, actual, it was visceral. I could disappear, here. Only a handful of people would even think to loving look here, and Nyx wasn't going to, not while she was sucking Sarah's tongue out of her throat.

Normally I'd pick one of the rusted swings that was still being held up by both chains and just, sit. Maybe swing a little bit. Write poetry (it was lovely, no one was ever going to see it but gently caress you it was therapeutic). Or just contemplate things. Be at peace. Occasionally, I'd bring Nyx, or Anna, or even maybe Max, I guess - I don't know, I think Max might come here herself - or when she was doing her thing and pretending or whatever. That poo poo was confusing. But just ignore everything outside. That's what I do here, that's what I wanted to do, anyway.

But, then there were arms around me. Strong, familiar. I looked up. Max. I sniffed. She pulled me in and hugged me. Okay - kind of new, but I guess, not really. I resisted it for a second and then, wrapped my arms around her waist. Crying. Shaking. All that poo poo. "Oh gently caress me Maxi, I hosed up." I managed out between sobs. "I know...gently caress I loving know how she is and I loving thought maybe I just..." sob. "...gently caress I don't know maybe I just loving thought I'd rate ahead of other people!" Christ that was a wail, you're a loving mess Jessamine. "...but that loving whore Sarah was examining her tonsils! The oval office!" It felt good to shout. Sorry Max's ears. "loving BITCH!" More sobbing.

Ok, I'm going to pause here, and just explain - look normally I wouldn't do this around people, ok. If anyone, anyone else showed up this wouldn't be happening. But Max - well, Max has been in my head. I mean, kind of. Her trick is, well it's weird, I don't know how it works. But when she's doing it she looks like me, she moves like me, she sounds like me. So it's like talking to myself, kind of? I don't know, it's hosed up. But...I guess I could be vulnerable around her? Maybe a little. Anyway, I got my gumption up. "She like, ignored me, Maxi! She doesn't do that, it wasn't ok." Ugh, this sucked. "I don't know, I didn't get any sleep, it was just too much. I had to leave." I let go, finally paying attention to the phone buzzing in my purse. "Uh, poo poo, one second." I checked my messages.

Oh...oh poo poo what an rear end in a top hat I am. Look at all those texts from Nyx. Her poor, beautiful head, you trainwreck! Her...hey her tits....uhm, okay...gently caress, Nyx, you are confusing...I blushed.

I texted back.

quote:

poo poo bae I am sorry about your skull. I'll clean it up real pretty later, promise.

quote:

Just, don't ignore me, ok? I don't mind your playing but I don't want to be left out.

quote:

You know I don't like being ditched. You know how it makes me feel.

quote:

I'll bring you a good one back. No promises it's going to cover everything ;)

By the time I was done, the crying jag had calmed itself. I looked up at Max and smiled. "poo poo, I probably look like a loving trainwreck, don't I?" I gestured at my eyes. "How much is salvageable? Do I need like, a real mirror or can you help me out?" I paused, then shrugged. "I'm going to have to get one of Nyx's tops from my place anyway...." Another pause, I re-oriented on Max, and exhaled, slowly. "Hey, thanks. I didn't think anybody was following me. You uh, weren't in class, were you? I would've said hi, sorry if I missed you. poo poo, I loving didn't mean to." Apologize, apologize. "Hey, you, uh, wouldn't want to walk to Vern's place and back with me would you? Need to get something for Nyx."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

For a second, the offer was tempting - just sack out, let Maxi do her best Jess impression, get through the rest of the school day. She had done it before, after all. Sometimes I felt like she even did it better than I did.

Max can have a string on Jess

But my phone buzzed again, and I read the two messages. A devious little smirk on my face. I took Max's hand and stood up. "I can't have you be me for the rest of the school day - I have to make up with her on my own, y'know. But, maybe you can help me out with something. gently caress, two things. First of all, meet me at my place later? I'm going to be bringing Nyx by. You should probably be dressed in something of mine, I want to give her a treat." I giggled. Yeah, this could work really well. "Secondly, uhm, let me just do something really quick." That was all the warning I gave before I pulled my shirt off over my head and handed it to Max. "Gotta stir a fire." I winked at her - but I'm sure it was friendly, after all I seriously didn't have anything Max hadn't seen before. And luckily there wasn't anyone else around to see.

Rolling to Turn on Max

<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 9+2 = 11

Pulling my phone back up, I covered my chest with one arm and adopted a wounded expression, taking a picture of that, pouting with my hip cocked to one side. First, a text to Nyx.

quote:

Let me plan everything for you baby. Come to my house after school? Uncle Jerk's working late. I could use a hug.

Then I followed it up with the snap, and a <3.

Also rolling to turn on Nyx

<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 8+2 = 10

That done, I put my phone back in my purse. "Ready to go Maxi?" I said, lifting it up, then pausing. "Oops....I uh, think I'll need that back." I point to the crumpled t-shirt in her hands.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I rolled my eyes as I shoved my arms and head back through the tee-shirt and adjusted everything back into it properly, then smiled over at Max as we headed out. "Come on Maxi, it'll be no fuckin' different than you spending a week as me. Which you did, if I need to remind you." Another text. But from Anna this time? Huh, well, I guess she saw my freak out. Can't be that surprised. The girl was nice but she was...weird. A little creepy. Probably why we never got anywhere beyond making out. Still, I smiled - nice to feel wanted, even if it wasn't a big thing.

Quick text back to her.

quote:

Yeah, I'm fine. Real case of the Mondays I guess :( :( Thx 4 asking.

Dropping my phone back in my purse, I continued. "I mean, I know being around Nyx can be...intense. Trust me, I mean, loving exhibit A, right?" I say, gesturing to myself. "But, I mean, we're friends, right? I know it's probably going to be a little weird but, I mean, I want to surprise her. I wanna show her, I mean, make sure she knows....gently caress..." I sigh. "I just need her to stay with me, that's all. poo poo, you've been me, Maxi, I don't know how your head works when you're pretending but you gotta admit, I don't have a lot else going for me other than an rear end in a top hat father who'd rather buy me a bunch of pointless poo poo than be around, right?" Pausing between an active storefront and a closed down one, I spun on my heels and faced the taller girl, hands in a praying pose, eyes wide. "Pleeeease...come have some fun with me and Nyx tonight? For me?" I wiggled my hips a little bit, for Max's benefit. "I promise you'll enjoy yourself. Give you my word. And besides, you like spending time as me, consider it a...learning opportunity, right?"

I'll spend a string to offer an Xp to Max if she'll agree to come, uhm, spend some time with Jess and Nyx in Jess' clothes after school.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Shadowed

I give Max a small smile, a sincere one, and squeeze her hand back. Sensing her embarrassment at the whole thing, I let it drop, with a "Totes", and then after a moment. "C'mon, I don't give a poo poo about the schoolday or anything, but I probably shouldn't be truant like, loving all the time." A chuckle. Man, things can get better, at least. Never want to forget that again.

My phone buzzes.

Oh, Anna again, what did she...

"Oh that bitch..." I laugh, well, chuckle. I glance at Max and shake my head. I'd explain in a second. But first -

quote:

To Anna:
LMFAO!

quote:

To Anna:
Should've come in for a closer look, sweetheart. That's a lovely angle.

quote:

To Anna:
Last time u get that close to this. U stalk me again, or post that anywhere, my dad's lawyers will bury u. Fair warning.

quote:

To Anna:
<3

Anna can have the Condition "Stalker"

I close my phone and put it back in my bag. By way of explanation, I offer to Max. "Anna was apparently enjoying the show from off in the bushes. What a bitch, shouldn't have given her the time of day. Like, ever." I shake my head, laughing again. Whatever, guess I should be flattered. But that wasn't going to get me down. The rest of these loving delinquents could sit and spin, there were only like two, maybe three people in the whole loving school who ever even loving mattered. And Anna just fell right off that list.

With a tilt of my head, I keep leading Max to my place.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Keys jangled in the locks, and the front door swung upon to Vernal's apartment. As always, walking into the apartment lead to a brief scent of Vern's aftershave and whatever stew he had been cooking. On the left, the kitchen half of the front room, on the right, the living room half, with a plasma TV generously donated to me by my (fuckhead) father, and Vern's beaten up but still serviceable furniture. On the right wall was the short hallway to the two bedrooms - Vern on the right, me on the left, and the bathroom at the end of the hall. None of this was new to Max, of course, duh, having lived here for at least a week under Vernal's nose.

"Yo Vern, you home?!" I shouted. When no answer came I snickered. "FUCKER!" I giggled at Maxi and lead her in.

I pushed open the door to her room, greeted with the king-sized bed that took up almost all the space with a laptop tossed haphazardly on it, the walk in closet on one side, the window that, with blinds uncovered showed the abandoned house across the small parking lot where Alex apparently lived on the other side, the vanity/dresser that contained almost all of my clothes (aside from the poo poo in the closet), squeezed in at the foot of the bed, and, running over almost every surface, purple christmas lights, with a shelf of lava lamps directly above my bed. Not sure why I liked the lava lamps, just started collecting them after Nyx. But there's almost always a new one after, well, uh, none of your loving business.

"Ok, so, just gotta find a couple things, then I'll fix my face, and we'll head back?" I ask, dropping to my knees to peek under her bed.

"Ah-ha!" came my triumphant cry as I pulled myself out from underneath, holding a bikini top that would be just about the right size on me, but which was woefully under-equipped for it's usual occupant, Nyx. Catching Max's face, I blush. "Oh poo poo I wasn't wearing pants, sorry for the show, dude."

Accidentally rolling to turn on Max. 2d6+2 = 8, so Max can choose: give Jess a string, promise Jess something Max think Jess wants, or give herself to Jess

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Aw, hon." Ok, I'll admit it, Maxi was pretty cute, even when (probably especially when) she was just Maxi. Kinda tough, but not too manly. I dunno, she might've been, well, more than a friend if it wasn't for Nyx coming along. I step in and give her a hug. "Thank you, seriously." poo poo, I had made her promise to come get involved with Nyx too. I, well, ugh I felt a lot for the little whirlwind that was Liliana, but she was a handful. Hard to let go of but even harder to keep. Hell I did a loving awful job of it. And now I was throwing Max to her, too. "For everything." I squeeze her, tight for a second. "If anything, ANYTHING, makes you uncomfortable tonight, you let me know and I will put a stop to it, ok? You're doing me a solid I don't want you to get hurt."

Finally, I let her go. Exhale slowly. "Hey, you uh, want to help me with my makeup? Not like you don't know the loving face, right?" I gesture at myself harshly and smirk. "gently caress, you make me look better than I can make myself look...one second." My phone was buzzing, heard it from the purse on the bed.

I sat down (carefully, no more free peepshows), pulled it out, and looked at it. Two messages from Nyx - poo poo look at the timestamps, what the gently caress was this service anyway, Detroit. God, learn to get a cellphone tower...

What the gently caress was that second message...

...the idiot. I couldn't loving stop her now, that was...twenty goddamned minutes ago!

quote:

dont ever talk to me again. ever.

Keep it together Jessamine. Don't freak out againit'stoolate. I was already crying. I didn't even notice. Maxishere. I inhaled, sharply, closed my eyes. Hung my head. Mumbled. "I...uh...forget tonight. Think I'm going to stay home after all. Don't, uh...no need to dress up as me or anything. Think I should be alone, now." I was shaking, trying not to rip my phone to pieces in front of Max. I was still holding the top I was going to bring Nyx Liliana. I clenched it, very very tightly. My forearms itched. I tried not to scratch at them. Keep clenching the poo poo in your hands, do not touch your arms. Not now, not with Max here.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

At first, I figured Maxi was getting up to go. I choked up on the tears a little bit as she stood. Ok, that was fine. I asked her to.

A thought occurred to me, so I took the phone up, and devoting all my concentration to typing in a complete sentence, sent out a text. Not to Liliana, no.

quote:

To: Anna:
If you want to speak to me again, you need to tell me the truth, right now. Tell me so I can believe you. Did you have anything. ANYTHING. To do with this?

By the time I looked up, dropping the hyper-focus therapy had taught me, I was staring at myself, putting the finishing touches on her hair.

Max Jess was a radiant visage of anger. My id. It was so hard to think of her as anything but a part of me, so I didn't try. I had offered her the job, after all. To be there, to be the me I couldn't be when I needed to be. Who would know me better than I would? Who could? My arms itched, but I could scratch them now. I was the only one here, after all. I still couldn't get up off the bed, no. But I was the weak half. She'd protect us. I put the phone, I put the top in her outstretched hands. I didn't realize my knuckles were so sore. My hands dropped to my arms and softly scratched at the fabric of the arm-warmers. It was going to be okay. I believed that, because I told it to myself.

"Anna might call us. Or text. Or something." I croaked. I wasn't crying anymore, at the moment, but my voice was still hoarse. "She might say something shocking. If she does, we can trust her." I nodded. "Jess," I said to myself. It was weird to address her that way, but it was weirder not to. "Put it right. Make us whole again." My voice sounded flat, dull, far away. But there was fire in my other eyes. I had to trust myself, trust she could do what I couldn't.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Shadowed

((OOC Note: Everything under the spoilers here is triggering, so please don't read if you're sensitive to this sort of thing. I'm trying to be tasteful, but I want to respect the character and what she'd do in this situation, too))

I watched Jess go with a quiet appreciation, and a smile. What a fool I'd been, to think someone like Liliana would ever be the one to fix me. I had to rely on me. And now, I was going to take care of all of my problems, and I wouldn't have to fear my own weakness. Because I...she...had no weakness. She was unbreakable. I pulled off my arm-warmers.

But, me? I was weaker. I was already broken. I sighed, more a thing of resignation than stress - there was no way any exhaling was going to get rid of my stress. As I stared at my bare forearms, the latticework of scars - criss-crossing, width-wise and lengthwise - the only thing I never had...never could have shared with Nyx, I knew there was only one way to calm myself now. While the unbroken me, the strong me, could repair things externally, I could let the pain out, here, for both of us.

Scratch scratch scratch. I stood up, wiped the drying tears from my eyes. I pulled the rest of the coverings from myself, divested myself of the lie, like Max had before she became the truth. I had to be the truth as well. I stared at my eyes, swollen, red, and puffy with tears, in the mirror for a moment. Then I reached into a drawer in the vanity I never reached into anymore. Into the box in that drawer, and pulled the straight razor out. It had been a gift. For Vern, for his birthday. I used some Dad money to buy him something for a better shave. Except I bought two, and I kept this second one. Just in case.

Just in case I needed to let go, just a little bit.

I queued up the music on my laptop, and I brought my bluetooth speakers with me as I crossed the hall into the bathroom. Fortunately I shared a wall with it so the signal would be strong. I locked the door, just in case this went long. In case Vernal got home before I was finished. There wouldn't be any interruptions. I turned on the water in the tub, let it fill up, drew myself a warm bath. I pressed play on the remote, on a loop. And I got into the bath.

For a moment, I just let myself sit there, soaking some warmth into my still-shivering self. Then I reached for the razor. And, very carefully, careful not to open any of the larger scars, I cut. Shallow little cuts, for now. I didn't need bigger, hopefully not yet. Each arm got their share. I watched as the water slightly turned pink. Then, another sigh as I plunged my forearms in.

After a moment, and a deep breath, I dunked my head underwater, too.

Rolling to Gaze into the Abyss, looking for a way to pick up the pieces.

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 4-1 = 3

Well, uh, get an Xp for rolling Dark at least. And I suppose Gato can decide if Anna/Hugo is going to hijack.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions:

It felt like I was under the water for hours, but it couldn't have been more than a minute. I rose with a scream, a panicky scream.

"AAAAAAAAHhhhhhhwhathefuckwasthat!!" I screamed to no one. I didn't go that far, I shouldn't be hallucinating!

Deep breaths, Jessamine, deep breaths.

The music was skipping. The same chime, over and over.

It was not a record, it shouldn't even be possible for the music to skip. Slowly I looked over at the speaker, and the skipping stopped, as if on queue, the music proceeding as if it had never happened. I glared. I thought I heard a wingbeat for a moment, and then nothing. I shuttered. It couldn't have been more than 2 minutes, at best - but the water was suddenly freezing. I drained the tub. Dried myself. Then I turned on the shower to wash away....all the leftover blood and tears and mascara. I shivered, in the towel - when did it start to rain out there?

Still, let's look at this thing...vision...nightmare. I can't fix the Liliana situation. I just...I can't, it's awful. Thanks subconscious, for painting a picture of the bitch taking her away from me. Thank you so much! God, I hoped the other Jess fixed it.

But I didn't want to cry, as I padded softly back to my room, so that was good. I bandaged up my wrists, put away the razor. Exhaled, this time the stress was breaking, a bit.

But Anna, I suppose I needed to apologize. Still didn't have my phone - Jess had that for now. But I had my laptop, and I had facebook, and if Anna's phone was smart, and not dumb, her facebook account would be connected to it.

I opened a private message, wincing at the last message being to confirm a meetup.

quote:

Look, I know this is a lot of messages in one day for someone who threatened you with legal action, so, sorry. This day has been hosed up, royally. I'm sure the rumor mill is already working double time at the school. I'm done for the day, gently caress my attendance. But, even though it was loving weird of you to spy on me like that, you've never done me any real harm. I don't know if I can trust you, but, I don't want to lose two friends in one day, ok? Can we talk? Please?

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Anna wasn't trustworthy, and she didn't say anything beyond vague platitudes. I sighed, raggedly. I'd have to give her another chance, anyway. My subconscious was apparently upset about it. Shaking my head, I composed a reply.

quote:

Fine. Tomorrow after school. Park?

quote:

I am going to kill Sarah Smith, btw. I know you're friends with her, but. gently caress her, seriously.

"gently caress me." I moaned as I flopped like a fish down onto my bed. This was the start of the loving school week? How was I supposed to get through a whole week? I turned my face towards the window. Then something occurred to me.

Alex was involved. That bitch. I stood up, facing the window, uncaring that I still hadn't bothered to re-dress myself. I stood up and stared at the abandoned house. All her hurt and her pain - I thought it would be something we might have become friends over. Maybe I came on too strong.

But she wanted to take Nyx from me, the same as everyone else. And now they'd succeeded. Fine. I shut the blinds. "Bye, Alex." I whispered to myself. Ok, so, down to one and a half friends, total? Great. Still at a lovely remedial school? Check. Cutting myself again from stress? Yep. Having horrible nightmares - ok.

What else could even go wrong?

I had Max/Jess, that beautiful, furious mirror image.

And Anna was there. Even if she was still keeping something. She hadn't told me anything, after all, not really. But she'd get another shot.

And, well, that was about it. That's what I had going right. Or, well, kind of right.

"gently caress." I fell back on the bed. There were supposed to be three bodies in this bed tonight. Nyx's body was supposed to be in this bed tonight. Now it wouldn't ever be. Just one more tear for that. And numbness returned.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Slowly, I rolled over as the other me stepped into the room. She looked distraught, wounded. I lifted my head off the pillow and listened to the things I had to tell myself, about what we did, how we handled - or maybe mishandled, things.

Then, I guess, it was my turn to be the strong half. The stronger of the two. I watched myself weep for a moment, the surrealism of that not lost on me, but it wasn't important. I took my other self's head, which was currently pressed into my side, and held her to my chest, ignoring the fact I was still entirely unclothed. I couldn't embarrass myself that way, it was inconceivable.

"Hey, shh, no. You did all we could, Jess." I was quiet, I knew, maybe she didn't even hear the things I had to say, because between sobs she brought up she had told Liliana to come here tomorrow morning. To tell us her side of things.

"Okay," I told my other half. "Then I'll be here to listen, tomorrow." I hugged Jess, hugged her tight. Maybe she could realize there was nothing to apologize for. We, each half of me, we each made our choice about how to handle this. If I was her, which I was, I would have done what she did. And I didn't, too. And it was okay. For now it would be okay.

I lifted her head, looked at my own puffy eyes, red with tears, and I offered myself a smile. "Let me be strong for us now, ok?" I knew I still looked frail. I knew I must be cold. But it was my turn to be the unbroken one of us. I pressed my forehead up to her's, to my own. A continuous veil of blue and purple hair keeping the outside world out, at least for a moment. "And never apologize to me, for being me."

Rolling to turn on Max. 2d6+2 = 6, I'll spend my string to make it a 7. Max can choose, give a string, make a promise, give herself

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Other Jess had fallen asleep, half still being held by me. I lowered her onto the bed and took of her shoes, then tucked us both in. For now, that was all I could do - all I wanted to do, was sleep.

Maybe this was all a bad dream, maybe I'd wake up and Nyx would be there and I could tell her about how awful it was. Ha.

I cuddled up to the form that was identical to my own, but wasn't, and slept.

...I might have heard something pleasant, during that sleep. But it was probably a fading dream...

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I can't believe this poo poo. Why do I have to live in Detroit? Why are they sending me to this horrible Remedial School? My mother said she can't handle me right now...Dr. Garrett said that suicide attempts are inherently selfish. That makes me selfish. And a failure.

Is that why I was thrown away? The bedroom is almost empty. Vern says he had a spare mattress, it's no bigger than the mattress at the Hospital. Less straps. There's a loving abandoned building across the road. Like me, everyone who ever wanted it ran away from it.

I'm in front of the school building. It looks like a prison. It looks like where hope goes to die. There is no color here. Everything is grey. The students all stare at my hair. I put up my hoodie. Hide, blend in. I hope they can't see the fear in my eyes.

No one pays attention to the homeroom teacher. The homeroom teacher doesn't pay attention to anyone. I sit in the corner, hiding. Hoping no one finds me.

A girl sits on the corner of the desk. I notice her hair - it's like mine. It has color in this colorless place. Then her smile. Her eyes. Then that she's spreading her legs and showing me her panties.

"What are you doing?" I ask. My voice echoes.

"Trying to gently caress the new girl, duuuuh." She responds. I mouth her words, like I've heard this before.

We kiss, me and Nyx. She breathes color into me. Life. I haven't felt that in a long time. Did I ever feel life before? She's like the sun, and she orbits around this place, bringing light and color wherever she goes. When she leaves me, the greyness returns.

Eventually, she doesn't come back. I'm standing on tiptoes, waiting for her to come back and shine. But instead there's Sarah's face, sneering. Anna, in the distance, taking pictures and hiding. I realize I'm naked. I'm cold, alone. The colors drain out of me.

They're all red. Like blood. I am swimming in it. Drowning. They all laugh. They boo me. All those voices. Sarah, Anna, Dr. Garrett, Mother. Father. Vern.

I see a light. I can't breathe. I swim for it. There's a figure, standing at a shore that I didn't know. The light illuminates behind her, but I can't see her face. I reach for her. I can't breathe.

I wake up in a coughing fit, shivering. I didn't realize the window was still opened and I fell asleep without anything on. "poo poo, gently caress, arse." I curse quietly under my breath, trying not to wake the other one wearing my face. I get up, I shut the window and I exhale, blinking out the last motes of sleep from my eyes. I stare, at the other me, for a moment. But no, no matter how much she is like me, she's Max. She isn't Jess. I wouldn't want her to be, it wouldn't be fair to her. It wouldn't be really fair to anybody, I guess.

I look at myself in the mirror, thinking. Nyx wasn't attracted to me because I was like her. She was attracted to me because I was...well...like me. Quiet, vulgar, maybe. No real sense of fashion. I look at the discarded clothes I was wearing earlier. Like what I'd wear - if I was Nyx. I look at Max, still sleeping on the bed. "gently caress." I mutter. Maybe we were the same. But I wasn't half as good at it.

I open up my closet and push aside all the things I had bought since I moved here. It had only been a month but Dad (the arsehole) had contributed a stupid amount of money towards trying to buy me off. But the things I had brought with me were still there, hiding in a tote. I open it up.

A few minutes later, I had re-dressed in a hoodie and black jeans, and the black Converse that Max had worn when she confronted Nyx earlier. I take out a notebook, rip out a page. Sit at the vanity, write.

quote:

Maxi,

Thank you for trying to help. Rest as long as you want. I've got some poo poo that needs to be taken care of. I won't wait passively anymore.

If Vern comes home, you know how to handle him. Best of luck! I'll let you know how it goes.

-Jessamine

I leave the note for Max on the pillow when she wakes up. I take my phone, and my keys, and I shut the door behind me. Then I type a text. Inhale, and ignore the hand tremor as I press send.

quote:

I know I said wait for tomorrow, but don't. Answer your phone in ten seconds.

I count as I walk down the stairs out the front door and start heading back towards the school. And then I hit the 'call button'.

Here's hoping she'd pick up.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions:

Well, someone was good at counting, at least. "Hey, Nyx." I said, keeping my voice calm, though it was at least easy to tell I was still walking by the slight exertion in my voice and the necessity to be a bit louder to talk over the sound of rain. I paused, I let her say her part. Then I laughed, a little. Not derisively, just enough to let the tension out. "I always want to see you, you ninny. I uh, gently caress, I've got poo poo to tell you. I think I owe you an explanation on some stuff." Sure, maybe she was in the wrong, but it hadn't been fair of me to keep my, well, my past and poo poo, quiet from her.

"Look, pick a spot, we'll meet there. Just you and me, ok? I promise I won't loving go off..." A beat, while I remembered what Max-as-me had told me. At least she got the half-latina/half-german thing down. "...again. I had a nap, cleared my head." Hopefully. "I'm headed towards the school right now, so, anyplace between there and here that grabs ya?" I hop over a puddle, and make a squeak as I almost flub landing on the other side. Clearly she heard it. Embarrassing. "uh...anyway...uhm, yeah." Way to keep your cool dumbass.

Juuuust realized I made a promise to a fae. Oops. Taking an xp.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 14, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Okay, yeah, playground works. There's a...poo poo, what'retheycalled... gazebo in the corner, I'll see you there." I put the phone away before it ended up waterlogged.

I didn't particularly consider an umbrella or an actual coat, so, whoops.

----

As a result, by the time I got to the gazebo, I had definitely put up the hood on the hoodie, but the shirt itself was massively waterlogged and clung to me mildly uncomfortably. Oh well. I was too wet to really feel the cold, for now. I'm sure once I stopped getting rained on I'd start shivering, but that was my own fuckheaded fault, so whatever. Regardless, best foot forward...my sneakers going 'squish squish' as I stepped onto the stone floor of the spot.

"Hey." I said, timidly, pulling my hood down. I could feel my hair being a frizzy mess, it probably looked like I had been attacked by a cotton candy mixer. Whatever. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and wrung it out for a moment, then sheepishly smirked. "I uh, didn't really fuckin' plan for the weather, or whatever." A beat as I looked at her. "Holy poo poo I think that's the most covered I've ever seen you." That was probably bad. "gently caress, sorry, I uh, that's probably on me." So, I was waterlogged, but, otherwise, basically wearing what she first saw me in. Wonder if she'd notice, or...

...didn't matter, I guess. Keep going, don't get caught up in what ifs. "Hey so, I wanted to, like, first of all, say I didn't mean it. When I told you not to talk to me. I was pissed and, well, I mean, I don't want to be upset about that poo poo. I don't want you to think I like, don't like you or whatever." I breathe out, ok. "So first: Nyx, I like really, really loving lo..." eep! "l-like you." Good save slick. "It's probably stupid. You probably think I'm just some silly little girl or whatever, and I probably am. poo poo, I don't know, but like, you're like...you're amazing, and I just get scared that...like you'll see through me and keep going. Or something." Ok, stop rambling on that point. "I wanted to say some stuff to you, about stuff you never really asked about, or whatever. I-if that's ok, I mean. I like, think that poo poo might be important."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

She...she what? She WHAT!?

Okay, okay, stay calm. Why didn't Max mention that? Holy poo poo did she think like, we had already said that poo poo or...gently caress, Max, you...you...you sneaky little bitch.

I'll have to hug you later.

I let her keep talking, struggling to keep my expression neutral. She had kept herself at an awkward distance so it must have been important. When she finished, I nodded, but I closed the distance, some. "L-listen, you loving dweeb, I don't care that you gotta get wet sometimes. There are a lot of cute chicks out there, and you're popular and you're beautiful and I'd be a loving rear end in a top hat to try and stifle everything you want. I just...gently caress, if you want me around you have to involve me." I guess that was my line, not really something I had thought about before, but it made sense in context. I closed the distance a little more, just a little. "Like, if you can. I just...I don't want to be left behind." I paused, sigh. This was the hard part, here.

"So my rear end in a top hat of a father didn't put up a fight when my mother wanted to leave, you know that? He just watched as we left. I haven't seen him since. Haven't seen Seattle since. And my mother, she...gently caress she told me she'd never do that to me. But...but she did. She told me...she told me I was too much for her. People told me that SHE needed a break from ME, because of what I had done to myself..." I stopped myself and I swallowed. "Nyxyou'regoingtohatemeifIshowyouthis." It came out all at once, I didn't really mean to say it because I wasn't sure I could show her, yet. But this is what I came here to do. My voice got a bit fainter. "...gently caress...Pennsylvania was hard, for me. I didn't know anyone. We had no money. No one really wanted to...bother with a new girl in the middle of the school year. I guess I was too weird for a farm town. And, I got sad, and I wanted to go home. And my father still wasn't talking to me, and...my mother was already growing distant. I...so...I..." gently caress. My mouth hung open. Words just refused to form. Now I felt the cold, and I was shivering. I closed my eyes, and I rolled up a sleeve, and I showed her my forearm. Bandages from earlier today, and well...everything else. "...s-so they put me in a mental hospital...and my mother wouldn't take me back when they let me out, so I ended up here. My eyes were still closed, but I started rolling the sleeve back down. "I'm going to be straight with you - I fell in love with you so fast. You were...you're like a loving drug, and I...I haven't felt wanted...by anyone...for anything...for years." I shook my head. "None of this is your fault, Nyx. I just got scared that you'd give up on me...I just...I thought you'd stay with me if I was more like you, because you're so great, and I'm so lovely...but I realized that you weren't interested in something that fake when we first met. You were interested in me, or well, what I showed you of me. So now I guess, you know the rest of it." I didn't say the next part, the question, but it was probably loving obvious. Truth was, I sounded like a loving trainwreck laying it all out on the table. But it was honest. So, that's what I was going to roll with. I exhaled, not realizing I had been holding my breath after I stopped talking. And I opened my eyes, making sure there weren't any tears there first.

When did I get closer to her again? I didn't really remember moving again. I was almost nose to nose with her.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I flinch, ever so slightly, as she runs her fingers over my scars. No one ever touched them. I HATED touching them except when I was loving losing it. But I was going to be calm to her. I was going to let her. I owed her that.

She called me an idiot, for what I did. But she didn't mean it the same way other people did, I knew that. "N-Nyx, I..." I stuttered, but she kept going. Told me to swear not to do it because of her again. "...I..." tears were in her eyes. I tilted my head, and sighed. But she was right, if I needed her to include me in her escapades, I needed to give her a concession, too. "Ok...I...poo poo...I promise not to do it because of you." That was hard to do.

But then she was grabbing me, and kissing me, and, oh, well, I kissed back, obviously. After all this, how could I not? How could I not give her anything? It's what I had hoped for since this poo poo day had started. Her arms around me. Her lips on mine. Her...

...hey wait a minute. I pulled back for a second. "One other thing. You need to call me by the right half of my name." I prod her playfully in the chest. "None of this Jess poo poo, that's for pedestrians. You're better than them. Or have you forgotten?" I kiss her again, then purr into her ear.

"...I'm yours."

Jess gives herself to Nyx

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 15, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions:

Some time later...

I didn't really make a lot of effort to disentangle myself from Nyx. Half-heartedly, I poked at my hoodie and confirmed it was still soaked through with an unhappy grunt. That was going to be loving awkward and uncomfortable in a little bit. But for right now I rested my head on her chest and enjoyed myself, and her, and well, the thrill of being out in public.

I pulled out my phone, and, for a second thought about calling Max and asking her to bring some more clothes by. But, well, that would A: Be loving awkward to explain to Nyx right now and I'd rather not risk setting poo poo off just this second, and B: Not exactly the way I want Max to meet my girlfriend. So that was out.

I snuggled more into Nyx and thought for a moment. It looked like Sarah's contact information had been deleted (oh, thanks Max, probably), but her messages were still there - so I could see the 1 new text from xxx-xxxx. I scoffed. She was worried. loving sure you are bitch.

I grinned. There was only one response. Ok, so, shut up and don't laugh. Sometimes Nyx and I take pictures. Uhm, mid...activities. Of each other. I had gotten this good snap just a few, or, well, a lot of minutes ago of her, uhm, kindawithherheadbetweenmylegs - it was hot, ok! I had it at selfie angle. And my back was arched. And I was making a face. Uhm...a good face. And my hair was mussed. And my other hand was tangled in Nyx's hair and maybe you could just kinda make out...I'm not going into more loving detail for you! So I sent "number xxx-xxxx" a text back.

quote:

Ya we r doing great! Thx 4 asking! ;)

I also added that picture as an attachment, and chuckled again. Then I leaned over and gave Nyx a smooch on the lips. On her face, pervs! "You said I ought to try and get along with her, right?" My voice was a little raw. I got excited. Shut up.

Taking a string on Nyx from ye olde sex move

And rolling to Turn on Sarah via text and taking an xp for it

<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+2 = 9

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 16, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I tease Nyx for a moment by snatching the bra out of her hands and hiding it behind my back with a giggle. "Go where? Wherever we go, I'm going to need to warm up pretty much immediately. But uh...not back to my place, yet." I shrug. "Yannow, in case Vern came home." Or Max hasn't left yet jeeze I hope she woke up by now. I worm away from her grasping hands, shaking my head with a smirk as I propped myself on my knees. "I wouldn't want to sit through Whitewillow soaked to the skin either. Hey, what about your place? I've never even been there befoooore...!" I twist out of her way again and giggle, still clasping the bra behind my back. "Or we could get, like...coffee or something, and I can check and see if Vernal's home with my ph...phone!" Another dodge.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I smiled as i pulled her undergarments off my face and shook both the bra and panties in front of me triumphantly, shaking my hips and laughing.

Yes, I was aware of what I was doing, it was for Nyx's benefit anyway, so I spun around and shook my butt in my little victory dance. Mostly I was stalling putting on all the wet clothes again. I tossed Nyx's stuff into one hand and scooped up the wet pants with a foot, pulled the wet panties out and tossed them aside. It was going to be gross anyway, I didn't need to have bunched up stuff riding up cracks and getting all uncomfortable. With an overly exaggerated groan of disgust I put the jeans back on, then repeated the process for the hoodie - tossed the wet bra I was wearing on the ground of the gazebo and put the hoodie back on over my head reluctantly. I shook and made a whiny noise when I was done.

"This suuuuucks!" I made a grossed-out face. "Why'd it have to rain?" UUUugh. I scooped up my wet undergarments and offered them to her. "poo poo, you uh, you want a trade or something?" If not, I stuffed those, along with Nyx's things, into the kangaroo pocket in the front. Not like I had anywhere better to put them or anything, at the moment.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

As Nyx curled herself around me to keep me out of the rain, I smiled and pushed myself up against her, maybe grinding my hips a little bit, then let her lead us out of the park and towards the loving Starbucks.

Starbucks isn't, on the surface, really a romantic establishment. Hell, this one was barely even an establishment. The coffee was always burnt and probably gnarlified in other ways (honestly, I cannot loving believe that the FDA hasn't shut the place down, but, haha - Detroit), so the general secret to ordering here was basically use it as a hot liquid sugar injection.

No that's not a euphemism. Not everything's a euphemism. So I ordered a large vanilla caramel macchiato, double sweet - or some poo poo like that. The important thing was the corner with the heater, since I was still shaking and still damp and gross. And look, I might be a fuckup and a foul-mouthed (rear end-kicking) bitch, but I wasn't like, evil, so I didn't want to mess up the big comfy, ugly couch with the floral pattern by sitting my watterlogged self in it, so I took one of the counter chairs and dragged it across the floor until it was positioned properly.

Of course, if, say, Nyx pulled me out of it into the couch with her or whatever, I wouldn't complain - I told her I wouldn't after all (shutup). "Ugh. This place just...smells like Detroit, you know?" I asked her with a slightly curled up nose, plopping back down on the chair after they finally called my name (I just said Jess - you ever have a less than average name and tried to get someone to write it down correctly and then pronounce it correctly? I have been 'Jess Main' or 'Jessalmon' too many times, thanks.)

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 16, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ok, so she didn't actually drag me onto the couch. But that cute little wiggle and alll that empty space, how could I refuse? I slid off the chair and sidled up next to her, placing my head on her shoulder for a moment as she listed off our (lack of) options, then asked for my opinion.

"Uhm...I dunno, strip down, go running through the streets screwing like rabbits?" A giggle. That wasn't serious. She wouldn't take it seriously (probably). "Uh, we could like, go see a movie?" I nuzzled in a little closer. "Or, like, could go shopping or some poo poo." None of the places around here really catered to Nyx or my's normal tastes - I normally ordered my poo poo via the internet, no idea how she managed her's but I'd guess it was about the same.

My phone buzzed. Oh! It was Max. Quick response text.

quote:

I'm good, thanx 4 asking. Alls well. W/Nyx. ;) <3 <3

"loving rain, ugh, makes it hard to think of something." My head slipped off her shoulder and nuzzled into her chest playfully. "Oh, I know. We could like, go to a loving music store...like in the old Cusak movies and poo poo and like, act totes pretentious and above it all and sarcastically impugn everyone's tastes." I grin, and playfully nip at the exposed skin near my face. An arm wrapped around her waist. Yes I had mostly forgotten my drink. "Or, whatever the gently caress you wanna do, I'm not picky."

I pause for a second though, and scrunch up my face. "But hey, how come you never take me to your place? Your parents aren't like...homophobic or whatever the gently caress, are they?" I give her some pitiful eyes. "Or...you're not embarrassed of me, are you?" Look, I might be a loving sad sack but that means I had practice looking pathetic, it was surprisingly effective at getting me what I want.

Spending a string to offer Nyx an Xp to tell me the really real reason why she hasn't brought me to her place.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 17, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Oh, okay." I smile at Nyx and nod. "Parents are all kind of jerks, huh?" I squeeze her, then finally remember my drink and take a cautious sip. Burned, as always. Dissatisfied grunt. "And careful about your 'take me away from all this' talk, I might start expecting it some day." I smile again and kiss her on the lips - maybe just a little tongue. Sure I was probably catching the flack of the coffee-slinger behind the counter, but when I was with Nyx I felt loving invincible.

"So...movie? You want to look something up or just wander over there post burned coffee poo poo and see what's up next?" I stretch out slightly, putting my head in her lap. "Cuz I honestly don't have a preference, except we need to pick a theater with the arms in the chairs that can go up. Obviously."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I make a contented noise as Nyx starts to play with my hair, pondering the options. "I was the one being a big stupid baby earlier, so you pick." I smile lazily. "God, sorry I'm such an over-emotional idiot." Relaxing meant time for self-reflection, which, poo poo, generally meant talking trash about myself, after all.

Using Self-Deprecating, so Nyx can choose - argue against Jess's self-bashing and give her a string, or let her talk trash about herself and shut her down

My phone buzzes on the table in front of us, so I reach for it and open it up. Then chuckle. "Oh god, Alex discovered texting." I explain to Nyx and show her the screen, then respond.

To Alex posted:

u go, chica! There goes my birthday present to you tho, lol. Who gave u a phone?
Phone goes back on the counter and I take another sip of the nasty coffee stuff, and grimace. "Well, whatever you pick, we'll just grab a show that's been out a while, to make sure there's not a big crowd. Wouldn't want to get kicked out or whatever." I curl my arms around her legs to let her know the rest of it was definitely in the cards, though.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

At Nyx's suggestion I stopped beating myself up, instead giving myself the opportunity to make another happy noise as she kept playing with my hair. "Question is, do you want Alex along? I mean, I don't think I'd mind sharing you with her, a bit. Again, so long as I'm there. Cuz well, she's pretty cute." I look up at Nyx. "poo poo, I mean, no comparison to you, of course." No one ever could really compare to Nyx, if you asked me. Hell, guess it really was love or whatever. I pushed myself up with my elbows and settled myself in her lap, then kissed her again, gently, catching movement out of the corner of my eye. Hey, was that Max? Oh, and, ugh, Alister. Aannd they looked like they were about to hang out. Maybe that's what she meant by she was busy. Oh well. Another kiss for Nyx. I wouldn't want to bug Max if she was busy anyway.

"Ok, let me put in a text to Alex, see if she'd like to see a show. Maybe two shows." I wiggled my hips slightly and raised an eyebrow with a smirk, then texted.

To Alex posted:

Hey, cutie. Want to go see a movie w/me & Nyx? We r @ Starbucks right now, about to head out. Can wait 4 u if u r in tho.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh, quick response. I read the text and look up. Oh, there's Alex there, with Alister and Max. Huh, go Max, I guess. I shoot Alex a text back.

To Alex posted:

Peek-a-boo! Ok hun. Just txt me after ur done. We'll hang out! <3 :*

To Alex posted:

Way easier to get ahold of u now. So happy u have a phone!!

I turn my attention back to Nyx and motion over my shoulder. "So, Alex is having a pow-wow with Maxi and Alisturd over there, dunno what about but she said she might catch up with us later. You still wanna do the movie or do you want to go annoy them?" I slipped my hands around her waist and chuckled. "OOoorr, we could probably just swing back to my place - eff Vern even if he is home!" Plus, I knew where Max was which meant she wasn't still pretending to be me at home, which was the main obstacle. "So if you'd rather just...take it somewhere more private I'd be down. Alex lives next door, anyway, so whatever the gently caress." Look, I know, it was a lot to take in. But I mean, this was Nyx. This was her, and me, and I had all her attention for once. Why would I want to give that up if I didn't need to?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I noticed Alister sit down nearby and I quirked up an eyebrow. Personally I didn't pay much mind to the dude, but I know he pissed Nyx off something fierce so he kind of pissed me off by proxy.

I opened my mouth to say something to him, since he seemed to have abandoned Alex and Max but all that came out was an surprised...and excited...squeak.

Ok, gently caress, so the neck was kinda a spot. I bit my lip to shut myself up. Probably waaay too late for at least Alister, and most likely the barista who had been creeping on us since we got here, to not notice, but thems the breaks.

"Movie's fine..." I murmured once she gave me a moment - not long enough to regain my calm or anything, but...I did spare a glance as Alex and Max headed off into the bathroom. It was either like Nyx was suggesting, which would be weird since Max always seemed kinda asexual or maybe with a crush on me?(ew no she's like my sister or whatever that's loving weird), and I thought Alex kind of had a thing going for me from the way she always watched me change in the morning, or it was Max getting ready to do some of her weird voodoo which was probably more likely? So I shook my head. "I don't t-think...it would be fair to interrupt them." I glanced over towards the boy pretending to play with his phone. Oh what the hell I could get some enjoyment out of this. "What about you Alister?" I squirmed a little as she nipped at a sensitive spot. "You think it would be fair?"

rolling to turn on Alister with my display here.

<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 11+2 = 13

Can't even take a string, but whatever.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 19, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
OOC EDIT: Er, forget this I guess.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 19, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I make a noise as Nyx places me on the couch and gets up, taking a moment to regather my wits. Her words make me frown, then smirk. Well, at least I wouldn't have to explain anything loving weird to her, yet.

"Sarah? I uh..." I was about to say something to the effect of 'I don't get what you see in her', but since Nyx had put her mouth back on my neck the only thing that came out was a pleased little purr. It really wasn't fair, of course I was going to agree to whatever the gently caress she wanted while she was doing that. But hell did it feel good. And I guess I did mostly agree to being less jealous, or, well, trying to anyway.

"Mmmhmm...it's...it's ok..." I manage, pawing at her shirt clumsily in a moment of pretty much absolutely forgetting where I was. "...jus...jus make sure I don't get shut out..."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ok, finally Nyx pulled back and I just kind of, collapsed into the couch for a moment or two, trying to compose myself (I like to think I mostly succeeded but uh, yeah let's be real...)

"Uhm..." Ok this was a lot to process. I just agreed to see a movie with my girlfriend and the girl who she had went and hosed when I was mad at her and there was a not so subtle indication that things were going to get heated in the this might be a threesome sort of movie way.

Needless to say, emotions were going to end up running high. "...uhm..." I wasn't exactly in the best place, mentally, to vocalize any of this right now, since my brain was still full of endorphins and everything. "...gently caress, I mean, I guess meet her there. We've probably been in Starbucks for too long anyway." I finally said, exhaling heavily as I sat up and tried re-combobulating myself again. The barista was switching between glaring at us and the locked bathroom door and looked like he was going to go home and drink heavily. I indicated this with a nod of my head. "Besides, dunno how much longer I'm going to be able to keep my hands off you, and he might end up calling the fuggin' cops on us, yeah?" I ran a hand through my hair in a vain attempt to calm it down. It frizzed it up more instead, I was sure. Oh well.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Both Nyx and my cell phones buzz as we're discussing options. I check mine, and the text, and rather sexy picture of Sarah that accompanies it, disavows any notion that she wasn't going to be up for whatever it was we were planning on doing here.

At least it meant she didn't take my earlier text/picture poorly. Maybe she even might've liked it? That'd be a change.

"Oh, uh, guess we could head to Sarah's house, too?" poo poo, I guess this was happening, might as well embrace it. I shot Sarah a text back.

To Sarah posted:

Looking forward 2 it. Won't be a buzzkill this time! xoxo.

Then I took a snap of myself giving a kissy face and sent it off to her as well.

Promising Sarah what Jess thinks she wants - a willing and interested participant in the debauchery.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

As the text and picture come in from Sarah, I wrinkle my nose for a moment, but don't freak out. Luckily my horrendous nightmare in the bathtub earlier had prepared me for that image. So instead, I texted back.

To Sarah posted:

Definitely sorry I wasn't there now.

Not bad, but I bet you and me can take a better 1 later baby ;)

That done, I wriggle my hips a bit into Nyx as we walked. It was hard to do, really, walk forward, wiggle the booty backwards, but it could be done, with practice. I had the practice. "So, poo poo, I guess this will be fun? Or well, I'll try to let it be, at least, I mean." I shrug and glance up at her. Man I wish I was a little taller, but oh well, I guess cute was what I had to work with.

No, this wasn't my first rodeo with Nyx and someone else at the same time, okay? It's just...Sarah was a special case. A weird case. But Nyx generally got what she wanted, so...now I was trying to redefine parameters as sexily as possible with this chick who I was busily hating just a few hours ago. "Hope you appreciate this." I say sardonically to Nyx, then grab her rump with both hands to let her know I was all in - just blowing off a little steam before we got there.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I turn and wrap my arms around her neck and kiss her back long and hard before she can knock, as she squeezes my backside. That was important. Very important. Because who knew if this was really going to go as well as Nyx thought?

Look, I trusted Nyx, okay? And...ugh, yeah I love her, I said it earlier. I meant it. And this was about doing what she wanted right now, because I wanted to be with her and she wants this. So, okay, we'll do it.

But Sarah? Hell no I don't trust Sarah. I'm going to try and...be pleasant. At the very least, she's invited me into her home so she deserves that. But I don't know if it's jealousy or reaching or what, but whenever I'm around her my hackles rise, you know? Like there's something shifty about her. But Nyx doesn't feel the same way, so it's probably just paranoia and jealousy and...ugh. Abandonment issues suck, right? So I was going to do everything I could to play nice and not let my jealousy get in the way and maybe I'll be wrong and Sarah'll will be fun and Nyx can get it out of her system and we'll never have to see her again and....

...I mean, maybe I can start liking her and this entire line of thought can just, stop. Maybe first impressions aren't everything or whatever, right? Maybe like, tenth impressions are the important one. I don't know.

So when Nyx shouts her line, I smile and wrap my arms around her waist and wait a second. And then the door opens. And...Anna's there?

"O-oh....'lo Anna." I said, keeping my voice even.

Great. Wasn't exactly ready for this. I wasn't going to talk to her here about everything - not right now, not when all this poo poo was about to go down already. I force myself to keep smiling. Awkwaaaaard....

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I hug Sarah back tenatively as she drags Nyx and I into the apartment, mouthing a 'later' to Anna, in case she was looking to talk right then. At least I could thank Sarah for providing a break in THAT tension.

But of course, the bitch is judgmental as gently caress. Honey, you honestly think I'm some little loving teeny-bopper, don't you? poo poo, it's not like I just started hanging with Nyx, and gently caress...I mean what do you think a bunch of delinquent depressed kids did in a mental hospital behind the staff's backs?

I don't say this, of course, for Nyx, even though I really loving want to. I do give Nyx a 'is this chick serious?' look, but instead of mouthing off, I check myself a moment and click my tongue. "Smoke, pop, drop, chew. Not necessarily in that order. I kind of stay away from needles." (I have to, there's occasional checks by doctors for new scars - which happen - but loving track marks? Yeah that'd go over like a lead balloon.) I grab the bong and lighter off the table with a wink and rip into it, then pass it along. I hold it for a good ten count, and slowly exhale - no cough. "...and lemonade!? Honey I know we had a rocky morning, but c'mon son! I don't have loving scurvy, what the gently caress beers do you have?" I laugh - it's in jest, the swearing, I know it's off-putting sometimes and I come off kinda aggressive when I get animated, so I pause to wave at Nathan and...the other kid...poo poo I'm bad with names...

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 22, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 5/5 | Conditions:

Ok that was a pretty serious collection of poo poo, right there. Go figure Sarah would have this much, but uh...hey, takes all kinds I guess. "Wow." I said. "Think this might even rival yours babe." I squeeze Nyx's waist...ok her thigh. "You okay with getting a little hosed up?" Stupid question, it was Nyx. But I don't know, maybe she really did want to go to the movies? Nevertheless, my eyes drifted to the baggie of mushrooms sitting on the shelf.

Shrooms were great, not habit forming, and led to all sorts of fun things so long as you were in the right mindset. And well, with the weed and the beer I felt pretty chill, and still a bit turned on from earlier, so that would be the right mindset for some magic mushrooms.

"Babe," I say to Sarah, and point at the baggy. "You let me at that poo poo and I will give you one hell of a good time later, I guarantee you." I giggle. Yeah Sarah was a bitch mostly, but right now I felt too loving good to care and here was a chance to feel even better. So yeah, let's give everybody what they want today. Cool? Cool. I nab the baggie and jiggle it in front of Nyx. "You wanna share with me? This is way too much for me to do all by myself."

I will take the Bait and grab some shrooms. That'll mark me my 5th exp. Taking a queue from megane's suggestion in the thread, I'm going to pick up "Catch of the Day" from the Selkie skin as my advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions:

I kiss Nyx back sweetly and break off a piece of mushroom with my teeth, offering half to Nyx via mouth-to-mouth. This sort of situation, it didn't look like the movies were going to happen, so...might as well be enticing so long as I was getting wasted.

Once she took her pro-offered part, I chewed down mine and snagged some of her lemonade (my beer was on the other side of the room and shrooms, despite being fun, tasted loving nasty) to wash it down with.

Rolling to turn on Nyx here

2d6=1, 4 so equals a 7 which means Nyx can choose a string, a promise, or to give herself.

Then I beckoned Sarah over with a finger. "Well c'mere already." I said. "We doing this or what?" I gave her what I hoped to be an enticing smile, and a wink. She had a bunch of people here so I could understand wanting to stay in, but conversation wasn't exactly the thing on my mind. Or Nyx's probably.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 22, 2015

• Locked thread