Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx), Normal Rich Girl Outfit (Jess)
Currently Wearing : Normal Lady Tank Top (Max's Own Clothes)

I don't know what I expected from this place. Maybe some peace, but I wasn't getting that. Maybe somewhere to disappear, but my old life was coming right back at me.

It was getting down to a science at this point. I knew what to expect every day I was 'me' in there. Get up in the morning. Put on something, it doesn't matter- none of my own clothes were all that great, and if I wasn't someone else that day, there was no point to wearing one of their outfits (It'd just be weird having twins hanging around for no reason, after all. Plus... Nyx is a friend, or at least alright, but... I don't want her to know I have her clothes. Not yet, anyways. I don't want to ruin something that might turn into a friendship. She might need my help... and I might need hers.), eat breakfast,walk to school, find Susan in the hallway, no matter what direction I go, she's always there, on a good day I'll just get screamed at and have to ignore her, on a bad day, I'd have to duck away from her trying to kick the poo poo out of me.

On a normal day, I'd just leave, go to the classroom, chat with Jess or something, wait for the teacher to get there, pretend to know what I'm doing, do the work, relax, eventually go back to my room, maybe sneak out to one of Nyx's raves or go sit somewhere quiet and read, maybe I'd go out into town- i'm pretty good at sneaking out and vanishing, or so I'd like to think. Maybe I'd just eat dinner, maybe I'd just go to bed.. Not that I didn't have food to eat, but that I couldn't be bothered... I usually just ate in the mornings, honestly. Some of the kids at the orphanage would joke about it, but I just don't get hungry very often... On a normal day, I'd subsist. I'd be fine, I might even enjoy myself a little.

Today was not shaping up to be a normal day.

I was walking through the main hall down to class when Susan rounded on me and started screaming, saying that I was a slut, a whore, and all I had wanted was to steal Janice from her, that I deserved to die- the usual poo poo. But today..? I wasn't ready to just sit and listen. I wanted... I wanted this to be done with, or at least to say something, to make myself feel a little better. I wanted her gone.

I turned to her, opened my mouth.... and didn't know what to say. I must have said something in there, but I don't think I got much further than 'skank' before I clammed up- I... I don't know how to deal with people like her, okay? So I just stood there, frozen, and waited to see what she did- blood running cold...

(Rolled to shut down, failed.)

quote:

Name: Max(ine) Levine
Looks: Sleek, Vibrant Eyes
Origin: Foster Kid
Stats:
Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Dark: -1
Volatile: -1

Moves:

Feathers

Your magic lets you pass as the person whose clothes you're wearing. When you're seen wearing someone else's clothes, but aren't yet passing, roll with Hot.
On a 10, you're passing- you'd fool their mother and their favorite hookup.
On a 7-9, as above, but choose one:
The magic will dissipate if you kiss someone or are kissed.
The magic will dissipate if you lash out at someone.

Shredding the Looking Glass:
When someone suspects you're not who you appear to be, read them this: "If the enchantment were to be broken, the edges would be very sharp. You momentarily notice a gap in my magic. Choose one: Tear my magic away - my identity is revealed and the clothes are in tatters, but you get scratched up in the process and take 1 harm,or, shake your head to clear it- it was nothing."

That Good:
While you're passing as someone, if anyone would gain a String on you, they instead gain it on the person you're passing as.

Sex Move: Once you've had sex with someone, add 1 to your rolls for passing as them.

Metamorphosis:
When you roll a 10+ on gaze, you may change two of your stats permanently, as the visions show you what you must become.

Darkest self: Somebody is a hack at playing themselves in their own life. It grates on you. It's time for you, the understudy, to take that place in the spotlight; you portray them so much better than they do. It's time to take them out of the picture, using whatever means necessary. Replace them. You escape your Darkest Self when something they do surprises you, or someone shows a genuine care for them, or you succeed.

Nea fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Ggck... Of course. I took a deep breath, trying to think- trying to figure out what the hell to say, how to respond... This is just like me, I suppose. I had to stop, and falter, and listen to this bullshit, to this crazy, horrible woman- but no. That's fine, that's fine... It doesn't matter. If she hurts me... that's fine. I don't care. She can't ruin my life anymore than I already have... Right.

And then Jess whirls down the hall, and I have something more important to deal with. Holy gently caress, she's crying- what the hell happened in there? My feet made the decision before I had time to think about it, and I was already running off on my way to Jess. She's fragile, but not a bad kid- Unlike a lot of the people here. She didn't deserve this poo poo... My shoes clacked on the tiles of the hallway, but I wasn't fast enough to catch up- at the very least, I did see where she was going. Straight out of the school , to the park. I'd miss class, but I 'missed' class half the time , and if I have bad attendance here, what are they going to do, send me to remedial school?

Don't worry about myself. Just worry about her. If I did that, if I just let myself take care of her, I wouldn't have to deal with my problems-at least, not for a while. I won't cry. I can't cry. I'l be fine, she can't even hurt me. If Jess sees me crying, I won't be able to help her... I can't cry, not right now. I can wait for later...

She'll be okay. I'll make sure of that.

I made sure there wasn't any police or similar around as I chased- wouldn't want to get dragged right back- but soon, I was there, and my voice rang out through the almost empty park, straight to Jess. "Wait! Stop, I'm here, stop! Hon...." One last burst of speed, and I tried to wrap my arms around her, if she'd let me... "What happened..?"

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5. Conditions:

I sat down next to Jess, lifting the edge of her tank top up to wipe away Jess' tears, while holding her tight with the other arm... "It'll be okay. It'll be okay, hon... I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it. You know how she is- she's excitable, she's free. It doesn't mean she doesn't love you." Normally, I would think that was a total piece of poo poo- people don't normally just sleep around like that, but.. For Nyx? It was honestly probably true. From what I'd seen, the two liked each other more than air, and Nyx didn't make a big deal out of love- kisses, groping, sex- it just seemed to be whatever. So... For once, I thought it was true. "She loves you. She's not a dick like some of the people around here- she really, really cares. If she meant to hurt you, do you really think she would have done it like that anyways? I mean, come on. At worst she just wasn't thinking!" It must be nice to have... someone like that. I wish I could. Maybe one day.

I pressed my hands against the ground for a moment, then stood, offering a hand to Jess. "Come on, hon." Let's smile, don't want her to be scared- though judging by whatever's on her phone, she's calming down already. Aah... "Let's get you changed and cleaned up back at your place ,alright? I don't mind walking with you- gently caress, Vern's seen me before, and it's not like I've got anything to creep on, right? " Yep. Definitely calmed already- Nyx's flirtiness saves the day again. "Hell, I can come back to school for ya if you want. I'll cover your butt and you can just relax. Or we can both come back at once-" It's not like the teacher hadn't seen me as a twin before- "After all, isn't two better than one?" A grin crossed my face, and I'd like to imagine my eyes flashed like the sun behind me... But that's just some crazy stuff, I'm not /that/ cool.

(Rolled an Unintentional Turn On in chat, Got a 9. For you, Jess!)

Nea fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 11, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5. Conditions:

I rolled my eyes a bit as Jess' phone buzzed- Nyx cared, but she hadn't even come out here... Ah well, it's just... how she is, I suppose. ... But that was worrying. "I have to make up with her." As if it was her fault.. Jess shouldn't think like that. If Nyx does something, she's not the one who has to apologize. Not in the least. God, this school was a bit hosed up. ... I'd have to let it play out. I can't really judge Nyx from a week or two of knowing her, I suppose. And it really did look like she liked Jess, but... Sarah liked Janice, too. I'm overthinking this, this is too early, Iust need to let myself calm down and help Jess back to her place and-

And then there was a shirt in my face. I have to admit, I flailed a little to get it in my hands proper, and then... sort of stared at Jess a while. Look, I know, I've seen it before, but that still doesn't make her not attractive- I Mean... It's almost better because I know I /can/ be like that, you know? She's... drat, she's nice. ... I looked away far too late, staring intently at a dilapidated swingset, watching my own reflection in it- or at least, what I could see through the rust and the grime... Mmn.

I heard the snap of Jess' camera going off- really, this was what that was about? God, Jess... Is this really the time? BLah...

"Ready to go Maxi? Oops, ah, I'll need that back..." Oh. Right. Shirt. I tossed it back to Jess, and then nodded, smiling ever so slightly- at least I wouldn't have to be in class right now, eh? "Yeah, yeah, let's go. Ah, I dunno about later, we'll see when it happens... Mmn." I can't say it wasn't fun with her and Nyx, but... I dunno. I'm overthinking that too... "I'll think about it, hon." And off we go...

Oh, my phone. I quickly pulled it out and shot a text back. Dunno this number, but it's got bad spelling and knows about my poo poo, so... Alister, maybe? Best I got, honestly.

quote:

Thanks for the warning. I'll be out for a bit longer, anyways.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5. Conditions:

Unfortunately, the puppy dog tactic is one of my many weaknesses. I really didn't want to get involved in their relationship drama at the moment... but she needs it, or at the very least wants it, and she's right that it probably will be a little fun, right...? I mean, Nyx is... nothing if not skilled. Damnit, damnit. I could already tell I wasn't going to be able to hold out on this. Sooner or later, I was going to give, and say yes, and then she would be happy, and probably give me a hug, and I would walk back to her place the rest of the way, help her get her clothes, go back, think about this the rest of the day and probably regret it a little, and then who the hell knows what's going to happen when it's actually time...

I sighed, rolled my eyes, and nodded. "Well, I mean. I /guess/ I could. If it really means thaaat much to you." That was fast.

I reached down for Jess' hand, squeezed it softly in mine, and smiled ever so slightly, looking up into her eyes. ... What am I doing? No, no, no... stop, I can't, no...

I dropped her hand, blinked, and turned away for a moment, looking off intently at a wall, so I could pretend that that never ever happened because god it made me feel weird and my heart was pumping and it felt wrong because I'm wrong and I shouldn't-

Breath. Deep breath.

I'm sure she didn't even notice.

"Y... yeah. LEt's just get to your place, alright? And hurry along that 'learning opportunity..." That's perfectly fine.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

OH, joy, someone was stalking us! That's just fan-loving tastic. Ugh, I'll have to talk to Anna later... mmn. Maybe I won't. I already saw how that went earlier today, and spoilers, the answer was 'pretty drat badly'! Whatever, I'm sure this'll be just fine. If worst comes to worst, I'll just call her out on it. I'm sure that'll go... just fine. Yeah, just fine...
"Don't worry about Anna, she doesn't do anything worse than talk. You'll be fine, hon. Just let it be..."

===

We were here, now, in this place that Jess might call a shithole, but I honestly thought it was pretty good- sure, it's a small apartment, but for Detroit it's practically the king of the city. My house wasn't much bigger than this when I lived with my parents... I mean, there was a separate kitchen and living room, but that was about the extent of it. We were always thinking about getting a bigger place, but the way Detroit'd been going we never quite had the money...

I followed Jess through the house, into her room. Now, this thing was a pretty good place. Looked lived in, but she kept it up well enough. Better than you would expect, at least. I'd had some nice nights in here, though the shithead that owned the place made it kind of difficult. I mean, he wasn't quite as bad as Jess made him to be, but.... ugh.

I let Jess collect her clothing, smiling happily as I stared at her... ah, you know what I was staring at. It was right there, practically in my face- you expected me not to? Still, it was kinda embarrassing that I was, and I only really realized I Shouldn't be looking too late, so wen she came up my face was bright red... I didn't know what to say, my tongue was tied, and there was an awkward silence for a good moment or two...

Um.
poo poo.
Say something, say something!

"Ah... Wow, that's... drat. I..." I coughed a bit, shook my head, and turned around. ... Once I was pretty sure she was fully dressed, I turned back around. Um. "Ah... Look, I'll deal with Anna later, okay?" My staring had reminded me of her... behavior earlier, and the first thing to come to mind was naturally the first thing to come out of my mouth... "Um. I can talk to her, get her to apologize and junk, alright? Promise." ... God.
I'm such a dip.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I let Jess wrap her arms around me, hugged into her, pressed myself in- it was... nice. ... It's not like that, it can't be like that, it's just a hug between friends-
Okay. Deep breath. Calm.

"Don't worry... I won't do anything that makes me uncomfortable, I promise." I grinned softly, as I released Jess. Aaah, she worries way too uch. I mean, maybe I didn't exactly waaant it, but it wouldn't be so bad, probably. And she was the sweetest thing, I knew she wouldn't let things go too far.

"Aaah, I can do your makeup if you really want. You've got it back here, right? I didn't exactly bring my own kit, yanno." I don't really wear makeup when I'm myself. I used to. Used to cake it on, used to experiment with styles and types and colors... I used to try to make myself a different person that way. Change myself just enough so that I no longer read as me.

Oh, she got a text, looks like. I sit and watch as she looks at her texts, as she nods and smiles, and then... um. And then sits, and shakes, and shivers, her knuckles going white on that phone... gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress /what did she get?/ Doesn't matter have to go be there- my arms are around her, I press her in and tight and don't let her go-

And turn my head ever so slightly, so I can see the message on the phone's screen.

youre making GBS threads me what the gently caress who would evn i what the actual loving how the hell can

deep breath

What the hell. Who would... How can you not understand what the hell was going on? Does she not understand ANYTHING? gently caress. I should have known this was a bad idea. But I had to trust her. I had to let this happen. That meeting today was an omen, I suppose.

I let Jess go.

I stepped aside.

I'm not sure when it happened, but my clothes were off, and I was pulling things out of Jess' closet.

I was dressed anew. I was someone else.

Jess turned to Jess with a fury in her eyes, and reached a hand down towards herself.

"I'll take care of it. Let me. This will all be over today."
"She won't hurt us again."
(played by Max)
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx), Max's Tank Top
Currently Wearing : Jess' clothing.

Perhaps Jess was overreacting, but she didn't want the other her to be hurt again. She'd done this before. She would do it again.
"Alright...?"

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 14, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Jess smiled at herself again, watching her type out a message on the phone . She adjusted her hair, straightened out her top, and looked into the Mirror, a strange mixture of fury and delight on her face. Perhaps this wasn't the most healthy way for Jess to go about solving this problem, but she no longer cared. She was Jess. And Jess was just put upon. Jess was hurt, Jess was at tears a moment ago, but now she burned with flame.

Jess took the phone offered to her, slipping it into her pocket. She flicked a strand of multicolored hair out of her face, turned to herself, and watched her scratch at her arms. It was a fine coping method. Nothing wrong with it. She has no problem with watching herself like that. She knew her own weaknesses, and she had her own strengths- and a few other besides. Everything would be wonderful, because it was True and Right and that was all that mattered. Max would have been too weak for this.

But she was Jess.

Jess had more strength than she knew, within her. She was hurt ,and weak, but she had strength deep within her.

Jess knew Jess better than Jess ever did.

"I'll make sure to text her back for us, if she calls." Jess doesn't trust her. She's shamed Jess even today, after all their history together- no matter how brief that history was, it was still a betrayal.

"We will put it right."

Jess walked out the door, swept out of the apartment, Max's tanktop abandoned on the floor of Jess' room. Jess strided down the streets of Detroit, straight for the place that she thought of as hell.

Soon, she would be there, though not yet..

So partway through this post I realized I wouldn't be using it until NEXT post I make, but 2d6+2=8, rolled in the chat, boosted with a string and the Liar condition to 10 to Shut Down Nyx. For soon.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

As Jess walked towards the school, it began to rain. That seemed to be an apt description of the day's mood to her. Nothing but suffering, even over what should have been a happy exterior. The sun was still shining. Jess walked, placing one foot in front of the other, almost monotonously, as she advanced inch by inch towards that confrontation.

She would not be hurt by her again. She wouldn't, never, not in a thousand years.

Betrayer. Liar. Cheat, Skank....

There were footsteps on the pavement. They weren't hers. They weren't a pedestrian's. There was only one person it could be, and it couldn't have possibly been scripted this way. This was perfect. Jess steeled herself mentally, reaching down into depths of strength that Max would never have had.

The wind was blowing through Jess' multicolored hair, the sounds of the streets ringing around her- cars, horns, yelling, bargaining, pleading, sirens, crying-
crying?
Jess' face was stained with tears. Her tears. It could not have been the rain. Blaming emotions on the rain was a cliche. Jess would not allow it. Not now. She doesn't have time for cliches.

Jess stood still as she came face to face with Liliana Nyx. Her eyes had the fury that the other her would never express. Her cheeks carried the tears that she felt far too strongly. Her mouth was agape, open, wide, she was shaking, wobbling, fists clenched so tight as to be white. She looked paler than ever. She was Jess. Nothing else. There was only a single thread that was wrong.
She did not know the love of Nyx, only the betrayal.
Rolled 2d6+2 for disguise, hit 8. This disguise will come unraveled upon a kiss.

"You..." Jess could not speak for a moment, but soon the words came out like a torrent. "You SLEPT WITH HER? You loving... You /know/ how I felt about this! You should have loving known from this morning? Why do you think I left? Why do you think that I loving went out crying? Did you think it was because I wanted to? Did you think it was because I was just some needy attention needing sad little gently caress?"
"You loving cheated on me! You didn't even have the drat sense to ask, or to do it where I couldn't see- and then you think I want to get involved in a loving THREESOME you started NO LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES LATER?"
"Go to /Hell./"
Using a string- applying the condition Damned
"I thought you loved me. But obviously you don't- you lied, to me, to anyone else who ever saw this loving travesty of a relationship!"
That 2d6+2=8 from earlier- apply the other string, and the Liar condition... shutting down Nyx again.
"Are you even capable of love? Can you even get close to feeling anything? Evidently not. You... you..."
Apply the condition Heartless.

Jess turns around, and begins to walk- slowly, deliberately, turning her back on Nyx. She's going home. She's said all that needs to be said, really.
This is done.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

All you're doing is inflicting more pain
this isn't like before
this is wrong
no

why should i- why should jess stop
i can't she won't we won't she hurt us she deserves this she has to
stop

...Jess took a deep breath. Her wrists itched and she hurt and she needed to turn and leave...
...Max took a deep breath. This was how she calmed herself but she can't, she needed to leave, get out of here...

Jess stopped.
Max stopped.

She deserves better than this. Jess deserves better than this. Nyx deserves better than this. She's hurt. That isn't the hurt of a liar. That isn't the hurt of an abuser. That's the hurt of someone who knows. Who knows inside that they hosed up. She deserves another chance.
Does she? Max's seen this person before, even if Jess hasn't. She saw this person this morning on the way to class. She felt this person's hatred.
But Nyx isn't that person.

Jess stood in the rain, and turned around, looking Nyx directly in the eye, saying nothing, feeling nothing, tuning out the world around her, the sights and the sounds and the raindrops on her skin...
"Come back tomorrow. I'll listen to you then. Come back tomorrow and I might forgive you." Something in Jess felt the weight behind those words- not just her weight, but the weight of something else behind them. She didn't know what it was, but the magic of the promise infused her, filled her body with energy
The weight of that promise carried through her body and into her voice.
"Go away and think about this- Go away and consider every little drat thing you've done WRONG! Go away, and hopefully you'll feel what I do."

Jess would have fallen to her knees and forgiven Nyx. Max was certain of that.
But I ran away.
Jess would have done something better than that. But I... I... damnit.
I tried, at least. I tried to run away from a crying woman in the rain. That's got to be a sin of some kind. That's got to be unforgivable.
I don't know if I would get away, but I tried.

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 14, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx)
Currently Wearing :Jess's Clothing

I couldn't keep it up that much longer. I hurt, because she hurt, and I just had to... I don't know if I fixed anything. All I did was make someone cry in the rain. I can't be Jess. I'm not Jess, I'm not strong, I'm just some little bitch who ruins relationships more than they already have been.
I at least gave her a chance. That was more than I thought I would. A chance. God. I hope she takes it. I hope so. I don't know what Jess will say, or if she'll even want Nyx to. I don't know what I should have said, I don't know what I should have done, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that. That was disgusting. I've ruined another relationship today, haven't I? ...
No. It can't be that way, it won't be that way, I'll make sure of it. I don't know how, but... I'll figure out something. I'm not going to feel that, I'm not going to watch someone fall apart because of me, not ever again.

Or at the very least, Jess won't. Max might just stay home.

And so I walked through the rain....

===

A text from Sarah? ... Wait, no. She'd been in the... gently caress her.
I deleted her contact information from Jess' phone.

===

I walked into Jess' apartment, clenching my fists tight, my nails dug into my palm- I wasn't drawing blood, but it had to have been close. I walked, through the front door, down the hall, and into Jess' room- and there she was, on the bed. Laptop set at the bottom, a message still open. Tears dried on her face. Blood on her . . .
oh god
oh god oh god oh gently caress she didn't i didn't i should have stayed why did i no no hell gently caress
a cut opened on my arm that wasn't there before

this is all my fault

===

I stood there for a moment, saying nothing, frozen, sheer terror on my face, warm blood on my arms- Jess' arms. My mind was racing and my heart was pounding and everything was wrong and bad and there was nothing I could possibly do to fix it

I sat down on the bed.

I pressed my head into Jess' side.

And I cried.

===

Some time later, I managed to eke out a few words- something, anything. "I... I saw her. She was on her way here. She was crying too."

A long pause. Jess might have said something. If she did, I never heard it.

"I... I hurt her. I said... so many things. That I shouldn't have."
My voice was weak. I had no idea how I was talking at all.
"But... She'll be back tomorrow."

"I told her to be."

"Please, just listen. I... I think we were wrong. She... she didn't understand, she... She'll be back tomorrow morning. Talk to her. Please. God. I shouldn't have... gently caress. I shouldn't have left you. I'm sorry, i'm so sorry, i should have stayed and kept here and..."

... I was silent. I didn't know what else I could say.

What do you tell the person you abandoned to hurt themselves?

What could you say to possibly justify that?

Nea fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 12, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5. Conditions:

First thing's first- Max takes the move Metamorphosis , from the hollow. It adds an option on 10+ on gaze to permanently swap two of your stats, as you see what you must become.

Jess pressed her chest to my face, and I let myself rest there. It was okay. I was her, there wasn't anything wrong with it. I just... let my head rest, let my tears dry up, Let her talk to me and tell me everything would be alright. It would be fine. The world wasn't going to come to an end. I would survive, she would survive, and maybe I did what I should have.
I wrapped my arms around her and let her lift me up, Pressed my head to hers and closed my eyes, sitting there silently for a long moment. Things finally were starting to clear up. She could be strong for us now. And that was all I needed to hear.

I opened my eyes, and crawled out of Jess' grasp, laying next to her on the bed, drifting off towards a deep and much needed sleep.

At some point I could have sworn I heard myself say something, but... it's not the kind of thing I would say, right?

"I'll love you forever, Jess..." I wouldn't have said that. I would have worried about hurting her. I would have just stayed quiet. Maybe the TV had come on, or the radio.

Maybe it was just my imagination.

I can't have heard that, right?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5. Conditions:

Water licked around my feet, around my back, around my head. Light reflected among the placid water, from the moon and stars overhead. Nothing around for miles and miles. A sigh escaped my lips, as I just let myself... float. Relax. There was nothing to do here, nothing to worry about. I floated with the smallest currents, letting myself go where they did.

===

Endless facets reflected shining light and fragments of images around me. As far as I could see, it was reflections on reflections. It must have been what the inside of a crystal would look like- jutting, geometric, shining surfaces. I let my fingertips block the light, marvelling at the colors that danced across them, staring for a long time...

The colors changed, and I set my hand down. The reflections had changed, a hundred, a thousand images of people, each facet had the reflection of a person on it, smiling, laughing, practically glowing.

Nyx, Alex, Jess, even that gently caress Alister- and thousands more I'd never seen before..

I wasn't there.

====

I sat in Jess's kitchen. A man sat across from me, a smile across his face. The smile only increased the longer he sat there, staring every moment. I could not leave. I couldn't get up. I just sat , and ate Jess' breakfast. Just kept eating and eating, on to infinity, that stare never left my body. I had to go, I had to leave, I had to get out-
I reached to my face and pulled it off

====

I stood in the cafeteria, jeers and swearing thrown at me, vile curses and epithets spilled into my ears, a fist flung across my face. I was pulled away, someone dragged me out of that horrid place-
I stood in the cafeteria, staring at the woman who I'd saved, and the woman who I'd scorned. A fist flew into my stomach, and as I doubled over my face connected with a table, and my vision went red-
I stood in the cafeteria, and I reached to my face and tore it off

===

I looked at the husband who never loved her, and at the kids who she couldn't care for. A husband who hit her. She never found them, but I found the syringes in her daughter's bedroom. And she never told me, but I found the gun in hers. I stood here for a long time, before I reached to my face and gouged-

===

A thousand times and a thousand times again. It must have been, that I was trapped in that cycle of hells. A thousand lives and a thousand people. A thousand faces and none of them
mine.

===

Water poured into the room of crystal, the room of reflections, a torrent of rain and seawater forcing me against the walls, rising up and up towards the ceiling, the bubbles and foam covering my face and forcing their way into my mouth-

What should I be to free myself?
What do I need to be to find a place in this world?

Gaze into the abyss, Rolled in chat, 2d6-1=8, confusing and horrible visions please.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

My lungs felt like they were ready to burst, my limbs lethargic from the icy water, and the pressure in y body just kept growing- Open up. Take a breath. Let it all in. That's all you need. You wanted this a moment ago, right...?

But before I could open my mouth something pulled at my shoulders, above to the infinite sky of stars- I coughed and hacked and retched as I was pulled to the surface, fighting and struggling- it took me some time to realize that I was no longer below the waves, to relax, to force myself to be still- isn't that what they always taught people as a kid? That if you thrashed you'd only get drug under by the waves? You wouldn't be able to float?

Once I had control of my body, I slowly turned, carefully treading water so as not to slip below once more... only to come face to face with someone I barely knew. Alex. There she is, looking more radiant than I've ever seen her in life, almost glowing, moonlight glistening off of her wet skin and her soaked oufit, and a placid smile plastered across her face.

Okay, maybe that last part wasn't very attractive. Honestly, it was kind of off putting for a few reasons, not the least of which that I'd never seen her like that, ever. She'd always looked... well, almost scared. At the very least, not half as confident and powerful as she stood here.

And then she opened her mouth, and a voice filled with sheer love and happiness spilled out. "Kill me."

"What...?" I couldn't believe my ears, and even as I reached up to my face to rub the water out of my eyes she grabbed my hands, pulling them up towards her face...

My fingers poke into her skin, and a small drop of blood rolls down.

Deep, deep in, to the bones of her cheek, her hands pushing mine further and further in

I can only stare as I rip and tear at the face, unpeeling it from her, the blood dripping into the ocean and dispersing as my hands bring her face to mine, overlapping it, pressing in...

My body starts to change and shift to Alex's, as her skull tilts on it's neck, jutting out from what remains of her head...

"Kill me, and take my place. Forever."

===

I practically jumped out of bed, cold sweat running down my skin as I catapulted up and onto the floor, though I couldn't see anything- it took me a moment to realize this was because my hands were covering my face, squeezing on and refusing to let go. Eventually, I managed to force my hands open and to my sides, and so I stood there, in Jess' room, in Jess' clothes, in Jess' body...

After a moment, I slowly and carefully removed each and every bit of Jess' clothing, stuffing it into the chest under her bed, and breathing a sigh of relief as I returned to my own body... but no. That wasn't to be.

I remembered my own dream. I'm not sure what the gently caress was going on, but I sure remember it- hell is other people they say, but I wasn't so sure personally. Everyone here- Jess, Nyx, hell, most of the loving people at this school had more of a life than I did. And Alex- hell, she may not be as... wow in real life as she was in the dream, but she was pretty drat interesting, at least, and... Oh god. I can't do that, nonono, it all comes rushing back to me and I remember what she said and I reach up to my face and ball my hand up and-

I took a deep breath, shaking my head. No. That's not going to happen. I'm, not going to k-kill her.

... I'm not.

I don't care if she's got it even a little better than me, she doesn't deserve that. And it's not like she'd really w-want it, right? ... I could talk to her, but... I don't know. I'm sure this was... just a metaphor or something, right? Maybe it just means I should spend time as her or something. And... I unno. I could talk to her. Tell her about my... thing. I'm sure it won't go utterly wrong, right?

I started putting my own outfit back on- never exactly a comfortable ritual , but definitely one I need... and then I stared up into Jess' mirror, my eyes reflecting in it- my body, for once.

I spun around, despite knowing she wouldn't be behind me-

Oh. There's a note on the pillow. Probably should have noticed that earlier.

... She went off to go do something? Oh... oh gently caress. I hope she- no, no. She wasn't that bad off. It was probably just... she needed some space or something, right?

I pulled my own phone out of my pocket, fingers shaking as I sent off a quick text.

quote:

Jess? Are you okay? Where are you, hon?

I hope I won't have to go chasing after her... Mmr... She's fine, I'm sure. She wouldn't... She wouldn't go any further than she did earlier today over this.

... Yeah! She'll be fine. She can't let me know how it goes if she was, uh... yeah.

I calmed down a bit, replacing my phone in it's pocket, and turning back to the mirror. I look into my own eyes, filled with resignation. I'm not going to be able to... gah. You know what? Fine. I'll go talk to her.. ... Better than going back to class, anyways. Unless she's there, that'd kinda be rear end...
... Wait where the hell /is/ Alex come to think.

Only one way to find out. poo poo, this always felt weird, and I was never any good at it, but... My clothing thing wasn't the only trick I could do, you know? Sometimes, if I had a mirror, and I reached towards it, my fingertips brushing across the surface just like this, I could get it to.. show me things. Things that may or may not actually be happening, I guess, but it was pretty useful most of the time. If a bit cliche.

And if there was one thing I needed to see right now, it was Alex.

Rolled a gaze, 2d6-1=5.

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 16, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx) Jess' Rich Lady Tacky Clothes
Currently Wearing : Max's Tanktop

Nothing. I stared into the mirror for a long time, and absolutely nothing happened. But that's fine... That happens sometimes, if not often. Usually it just takes a bit more time. I must not be focusing right... I watched my eyes in the mirror, my bright green ey...
What the hell? I have brown eyes. That's not right... Okay, this is new, definitely is a new thing, um. Alright, it's probably fine! Just a trick of the light or something. Maybe I botched turning back to normal or something? That's probably fine, no one stares at eyes anyways! At least, that's the sort of thing I was thinking before my reflection's head turned to the left without mine, giving me a haughty look with one eye, a crooked smile upon it's face.

Okay. That's not supposed to happen. I release what 'power' I have from the mirror... and it doesn't go away. In fact, it laughs. The Max in the Mirror laughs, a haughty, cruel laugh, and I just stare. Did I not wake up? Have I just imagined everything since?

No. ... I'm awake, I know it.

"Where's Max?" The other Max calls out from the mirror, as she turns to face me dead on once more, her smile curling into a scowl filled with pure contempt,

I blinked several times, and carefully, evenly spoke. "Well... I'm Max?" I mean, it was true. I'm the only Max I know.

"You can't be Max. You've never been Max.

"The gently caress?" I just stood there, agape, wondering what the hell reflection-me was going on about-

"You must have known. Would Max have left her family? Would Max have fled from Sarah? Would Max stare at me every night and wonder why she's like this, trapped like this? Max knew who she was. Max never wanted to be anyone else. You're just a replacement. You don't even remember. How unfortunate."

T... The hell...? My heart started pounding, my nails dug into my palm as I clenched my fists... 'Bullshit! That's just... I know who I am! gently caress, I have a lovely life, I AM trapped, but that's who I am! I..."

"Why do you have Nyx's 'bikini' in your room? Why did you dream about Alex like that? Why haven't you ever asked Jess to-" The Mirror's scowl slowly pulled up into a grin, even as I interrupted it.

"Look!" My knees were quaking as I spat that word out at the mirror, and though I was trying to be brave and angry... I was more scared , than anything. I... I couldn't say it was wrong. It /felt/ right, in my chest, in my head, under my skin... "I'm... I'm me, okay? I just... She has a girlfriend! I can want to be someone else and still be-"

"Why did you become your mother? Why, Max? Oh, I know. You'll never admit it. You'll never realize it. You're fake. This thing with Alex, you've done it before. Run, little pretender. Run far away and-"

My feet were moving before I knew it, my hand swinging up in the same motion, smashing through the mirror as I ran for the door, through Jess' apartment, and onto the streets...

===

I ran through the orphanage without letting anyone see me- none of the older kids would be here at this time of day, the adults would hopefully be distracted, and... I didn't' want the little ones to see me. I ran and I ran and somehow made it to my room without anyone being the wiser, slamming the door behind me as I entered that... place. It was wrecked, just as I left it. Sheets everywhere, wrappers crossed the floor, the only neat part of it was my closet- nice and organized. There was a small bed, a small dresser, and the closet- and not much else. Notably, a large mirror sat on top of my dresser- and I threw a blanket over it the moment I got in the room.

... My hand was dripping blood. Ah, gently caress, gently caress, that hurt... Aaah..

But it doesn't matter. I'm here. I can be me here, no one can say that I'm not, this place is all that matters because that other me doesn't know anything and I'm... I'm..

I'm not real...

===

After a while, I've used some sheets and the sink in the communal background to remove all the glass from my hand and wipe it up, and those same sheets to bandage it- I'm sure we have a first aid kit somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to start looking... It doesn't matter. It's done now, it won't bleed for long, I can undo these by the end of the day.

But what the hell do I do about.. Mmn.

I need to talk to Alex. Or at least Jess. Someone. I can't be alone with myself right now. I don't want that thing to show back up and start again...

So I left. I left out the door of 'my place' and back into the town...

Oh. gently caress. Jess... I'd been so caught up that...

I check my phone, see Jess' message, and text her back.

quote:

Alright. Good to know. Talk to you tomorrow, I'm... busy.

... I hope Nyx treats her right, this time.

I need to be with someone, but I can't bother Jess right now... Nathan would be nice, but... Hopefully he'd be at the school. I'll go to the school. Someone'll be there, I'm sure.

===

So I set off for Homeroom, but who knows what I'd find on my way...?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

As I ducked through the myriad alleyways and streets of Detroit, I tried to focus on the sounds and the sights- the people, the cars, the sirens- whatever it took to get me out of my own head for a bit. I didn't want to think about what had happened earlier, and I didn't want to see that /thing/ again. Luckily, there weren't many mirrors in the middle of Detroit.

And then I got a text. I pulled out my phone from my pocket ad tapped over to view the message... Huh. This is way too convenient. Alex, really? I didn't even think she had a phone, dunno where she got one, but... Mmn, may as well send a message back. I need to talk to her anyways, and if it's not her, I can always leave aftr we meet up.

quote:

Alright, then. Say, Alex, are you busy? I... I kinda need to talk to someone. Can we meet up somewhere? I'm heading towards the school now, but I can go where ever, if you're up for that.

With that done I put my phone back up, and continued on towards the school. ... Maybe I shouldn't talk to her, but... I have to do something about that dream, even if it's just proving it wrong, right?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Eh.. I don't drink coffee, but that's not the important part. I don't have to get anything anyways. I'll just ead up there and talk to them, it'll be fine. Besides, the rain's starting to pick up again, and I would rather not freeze my rear end off, thank you very much. So with that, I headed on out to the place... I hope I'm going to the right one, anyways.

Oh, and texted Alex.

quote:

Sure. See you there.

Wait, poo poo, that reminds me. Alister'll be there. I'll have to be polite, I suppose. I mean, he's not that much of a dick, but he's still pretty off putting, you know? Maybe I just haven't gotten to know him well enough, but we'll see. I'm sure it'll be fine! Get some lovely coffee and hang out, at thevery worst me and Alex can skedaddle, probably. ... I'm going to have to be careful. Don't tell her about the dream, just relax, don't be a dick to Alister... man there's a lot of ways this can go wrong.

===

I am pretty drat soaking we when I walk in the door of the Starbucks, shaking out my hair, shivering even as that lovely, lovely heater blows air over my skin... Aaah, the wonders of Modern Society! Truly, of all the many inventions of man, the heater is one of the greatest. The frown on my face slowly turns to a smile as I stride in and look aro-

well gently caress

Nyx and Jess are already here, laying on one of the couches and cuddling like no one's business. Almost without realizing it, I shove my hurt, bandaged hand in a pocket- can't let them see that... I quickly walked up to the counter, trying to keep Jess and Nyx from seeing me, though it would probably be a futile effort, ordered a giant hot chocolate, and quickly went to find a table, making eye contact with Alister now that I've noticed he's actually here.

I gave him a quick wave, then sat down.

I'm so going to regret coming here, aren't I?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I smiled softly as Alex sat down next to me, fighting the impulse to look away or to frown or to do any of a million other things that I felt like doing after that dream. No. It's just a weird dream, right? This is Alex, she's... not exactly my friend, but she's someone I know well enough and she's nice and absolutely not hte kind of person that I should-

You know what? Let's stop thinking about it! Cut that off right there, put that in a box, and leave it in the 'attic', so to speak, never to be seen or heard from again. I sipped at my coffee, set it back down, and gave a little half nod. "Um... Not exactly, but it's good enough, I suppose. I've had a long day. A very, very long day." She'd never know the half of it. I can't say I've had many weirder and worse days than this one, though there's certainly a few.

"I just wanted to... Hang out, I guess. Talk things over." God, Max, what things? That's so vague! Aaargh, I need to find better ways to say things... One of these days, I will be good at saying what I mean! Today is not that day. "I figured that the two of us... and Alister, I guess, could... I don't know, talk things out a bit. Er." I'd really like to vent, but that's... not going to happen.

Honestly, I sort of figured just by being next to her I'd figure out what to do about that dream, but...

And I was soaking wet, my hair was all a mess, and probably not in a fun, sexy way, my skin was all shiny because of the rain, and who the heck knows what my face looks like. I can't imagine I look nice- but I try to make up for it with a smile and a shake of my head, and it just might work.

Turned On Alex and Alister: 7 and 9, respectively, rolled in the chat. Choose giving Max a String, a Promise, or Yourself, as normal.

"Um... You know what, what's been going on with you, lately? Anything... special been happening in your life?" Maybe If I understood what was going on with her (and Alister, I guess) I'd at least have more of a chance to figure out what the hell to do.

God, I must look so confused right now.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

(Added the XP I forgot to add for that turnon earlier.)

Well. This was actually a little surprising. I raised an eyebrow, but he seemed to be earnest- giving me an honest apology. Holy poo poo. This was more than I expected in a thousand years, and made this trip worth it all by itself. Aaaah... At this point, it would be pretty rue to say no, so I stuck my hand forward, taking it in Alister's and giving him a firm shake. Man. It might have been heaping it on a bit, but an apology's an apology, either way. "Apology accepted." I can't say I really approve of his... profession, but it's not really all that bad, in the scheme of things. It's not like I didn't know people who knew people who knew people at my old school, anyways.

And besides, him and Alex seem to be getting along pretty well, so that's not so bad.

"So, ah, what got you and Alex hanging out, anyways?"

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Huh. So Alister's helping her out. That would be pretty out of character from what I thought, but.. Maybe he's just becoming a better person. Or maybe I'd missed something this whole time. That would be nice, at least. I mean, he's still kind of a dick ,but not a total dick. Maybe just like, half-dick. But more importantly, what's this about Sarah doing stuff to people...? Hurting people and hitting her head?

Man, maybe I'll need to check this out. I mean, it's no news that Sarah's kind of The Worst, but it might give me something to do to get my mind off all this. And be around Alex, too. Those goals are admittedly a little contradictory, but I figure that ignoring it flat out won't make that weird premonition go away, so I'll have to indulge it, if not even a hundredth of what it wants....

Man. She's really staring at me. She gets so distracted looking at me that she nearly spills her own darn drink ,but then she reaches forward for a hug- and I hug back with my left hand, because that's what you do, right? Only polite. ... I barely even notice that it's the hand with the bandages on it. Her hug came a bit out of nowhere, but it's not that bad, really.

Oh. gently caress. She wants to know how I'm doing. poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo I don't want to- no , can't say- aah, gently caress. I can't tell her about the thing, I definitely can't tell her I punched a mirror in the face because it started talking to me, like hell I'm telling her about the Jess and Nyx thing (Even if it turned out pretty well in the end)... What do I say, what do I say?

I probably looked pretty frenetic for a moment there, though at the time I was pretty sure I was playing it cool.

"Well... I've had... a bit of a bad day. Nothing important, really. I hurt my hand, ah, had a bit of a confrontation with someone this morning..." Two, actually. "Nothing really important, right? Just some crazy girl... Not that different from any other day here." Yeah. That's it. Play it cool ,she'll never know any different! Hopefully.

Oh who am I kidding that is one of the worst lies I've ever told.

"You know, the usual lovely day deal. With that and the rain... Aah, it's not a big deal, though."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

... Well.

I mean, poo poo. He's giving me a look. It's not even a bad look! Exactly, anyways. IT's not like it's an 'I'm a horrible douche who wants to know all your secrets' look. It's more like... A 'dude what the gently caress' look or a 'Come on, for her' look. It's like puppy dog eyes by proxy, using Alex to make me feel bad! ... Even if I'm pretty sure he really does just want me to talk to Alex, it's still a horribly underhanded tactic.

Damnit! It was so much easier to deal with Alister when he was just kind of a dick! Why does he have to be sort of a nice person now? Uugh... He's probably right, though. I should open up, even if it's just a little tiny bit...

In any case, I watch as he walks straight to the other side of the coffee shop. Well. That's not so bad, I guess. I can... talk to her. I don't know if I'll tell her the part about th dream, but... She kindof deserves to know about my shapeshifting if we're going to be friends, anyways. IT's not like I haven't told Jess. And Jess and Nyx are back together, so as long as I'm quiet and Nyx doesn't hear, this shouldn't be too bad, right?

Might have to skim over punching a mirror, though.

I lowered my voice down to a whisper, leaning towards Alex over the table. Probably a bit too close, honestly, our noses were almost touching. "I guess I should give a bit of a better explanation than that, huh?" I mean, he was right. She did look a tad worried, so... Ugh. I'll tell her. This better not bite me in the rear end, later. "So I can... sort of. Ugh. This is going to sound dumb, but I can prove it later- I can turn into other people. I've been able to do it since I was little, if I put on someone's clothes... I can turn into them, become them, sorta? God, you're going to think I'm crazy, but... I can. So, you probably saw this morning that Jess and Nyx weren't doing very well... So a lot of my day was spent comforting Jess... and then, um. Turning into her to break up with Nyx, essentially. But I kinda got guilty, so I gave her a second chance, and she took it, and it looks like they're friends again?" Wow I sound way stupid. "Er... And then when I got back to Jess' place we hugged and I fell asleep, and had a weird dream... Er." ... She's not going to have the context to understand this. "Er. Hard to explain, but basically I had the worst nightmare I've had in a while, woke up in a cold sweat, flipped out, and... punched Jess' mirror." Uuugh this is so dumb... "And... um. Some other stuff happened, I went home for a bit, and... Argh. IT's hard to explain why this day has been just, so, so lovely, but... Blaaah.
Words."

Taking that XP. TAking it so hard!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

"Um. Let me start again, I guess. Er. I can turn into people, you got that part... I took the part of Jess because she couldn't confront Nyx herself, so I did, and it went fairly okay in the end, I had a lovely dream where you saved me about drowning, and I swear I'll explain the thing with the mirror later."Okay! There. Take two sort of clarified it. "And yeah, Jess knows what I can do. She's known it for... well, a pretty significant portion of the time I've known her, anyways. The ... nap was kind of what set it off, in that it was probably part of the stuff that made me think about the things that... lead to the dream. Um. I'm not going to go into all of that, it's... pretty darn personal. And, ah... I just wanted to talk to people to get out of my own head, so I guess yes, it is kind of why I wanted to talk to you, yeah."

I blink as Alex grabs my hand, but don't really stop her from pulling me off towards the bathroom. Er, I'm a bit surprised by it, and I go kind of red, but... "Um... I can do that, I guess! Er..." I think I'll wait to tell her that I need her clothes to do it. I don't exactly drag around a wardrobe with myself, at least. Not my fault! Aah... Well, I thought we were going to get to the bathroom,anyways.

Then Alister decides to pop in and start being a dick. Welp. I thought he was being alright, but now he's all up in my fa- What? The gently caress? Jesus poo poo, has the dude never seen people go to the loving bathroom? I mean, fair enough that we're not exactly intending to go take a piss, but /loving/? What the actual gently caress, dude? I release Alex's hand, crossing my arms and leaning towards him, generally trying to make myself look bigger and taller.

"Dude! What the actual poo poo? First off, Partners? You're dating? I honestly kinda thought you were into men. But secondly, look, We were getting along just fine." I take a pause for a moment, giving Alister a scowl to match the one that's constantly on his face (Except when he's pouting, it seems.) "Look, you little poo poo. If I was going to go gently caress someone in the bathroom, it wouldn't be someone that I've honestly had like /two/ actual conversations with!" I don't actually make a comment on the guy thing. I don't actually care all that much what gender he thinks I am. I don't really think of myself one way or the other anymore.

You know what?
Fine. He won't believe me if I don't show him.

I grabbed Alister's hand, and continued my storm towards the bathroom- preferably a family bathroom, if they had one. "Look. Why don't I just loving show you what I was going to do, eh?" He can see. It'll be easier than explaining. "Don't worry, I'm not just going to take a piss in front of you or whatever."

loving dickhead.

Rolled a shutdown, 2d6+1=nine ,tagged the Gay condition to make it a ten- he loses a string on me.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Alright. I shut the door behind the three of us as we entered the bathroom. Aaah... I stretched out a bit, and then quickly took off my own shirt, motioning to Alex. "I'm, ah, going to need a bit more than just the jacket, hon. Your shirt too, probably? Ah..." ... I blushed a bit, looking to the side .This is in fact how my powers work, but it's still embarrassing as hell. I'm not used to changing in front of people who.. aren't the people I'm changing into. Even if Alister is probably gay. Whatever, they'll only see my bra for a second anyways. It'll be worse for Alex than it will for me.

So I pulled her shirt over my head, and stuck my arms into her jacket, then quickly zipped it up.. And as I did, I changed pretty quickly. I paled, my skin whitening and lightning to be closer to hers, her freckles covering my face. Well, it wasn't my face for long, Soon the bones and the cartilage and the muscle had molded and shifted, and for a moment Alex's face was on my body, with my hair. The hair came next, growing longer and longer, down to my shoulders, framing her face.

You get the gist. For me, it seemed like it took an eternity, but in the real world it can't have taken more than 10 or 15 seconds. In that brief moment, I became Alex, from head to toe. So I stood there for a moment, gave them a bit of a smile, gave Alister a look, a look that said 'See now, you dipshit?', and then leaned back on the bathroom wall. "And now you know my secret. Merry Christmas." Admittedly ,I probably rushed into this a bit, and i hadn't really meant to show Alister, but Alex might have told him anyways, and it's not like I keep my powers a grave secret anyways, let's be honest. I avoided looking at Alex, even I was currently her, it would probably be a bit rude, you know?

I kinda forgot to give Alex her top back, though.

(Forgot to add XP for that shutdown I did, added it now.)

Nea fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 19, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Currently Wearing : Alex's Grunge Jacket and Nirvana Shirt

I can't help but grin wide as Anna and Alister watch me change, I even pose a little, crossing my arms over my chest. Heck yeah, of course it's actual magic! It's what I do! It's what I effing do, man! I let Alister ask his questions, and Alex touch my face, all while feeling on top of the world. This, at least, never gets old. Showing someone my tricks for the first time. "No, no, it doesn't hurt. Ah, only Jess really knows, here, at least. There were a few other people at my old school, but that's about it. Er... and Susan, I guess. She barely counts, though, she's an absolute psychopath. I can definitely do anyone, I've done older people, I've done boys, though not very often on either count."

I paused for a moment, standing next to Alex, and giving her a tiny hug... and aw, shoot, may as well do the same to Alister.

And then Alex asked if I could keep a secret. Huh, well.. eh, she's already keeping mine, and it's not like I don't know a bunch of things about a bunch of different people, so... "Yeah, sure, I can keep a secret! What's going on, Alex?" Plus... I need to understand her, anyways. "Yeah, yeah, I can keep a secret. You guys are keeping mine, after all."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Well, I started to question that Alex was a ghost, but let's be honest, I'm a shapeshifter, and it's really not all that much weirder, right? My mouth does go agape though ,as I reach down to poke at My arm. Doesn't feel dead, at least, but I can't say I really have context for knowing what turning into a ghost feels like. For all I know I didn't actually turn into a ghost anyways, just Alex like... she was when she was alive, maybe?

Wait, twenty tears ago? That makes her thirty something, right? She sure doesn't act like a thirty something, but maybe that's just something to do with being a ghost? Ah, it's probably not that big a deal ,I'll ask her later... But she really does look worried. She's scared of telling us this- and I bet why, it's kind of weird to tell your friend that you're well... dead, you know? I reach towards her, to grab her hand, to comfort her, to something-

And then there's a knock on the door and I'm still Alex and oh god gently caress this is all going to go horribly horribly wrong. Oh god, I have to take off Alex's stuff- but then Alister's already out the door with a plan I only half heard,and Alex is already wearing my tanktop, and there's no time, no time at all! A moment later Alex is dragging me along, and we're on out the door- I nod along as she lines out our little plan, and quickly follow her out the door- dear poo poo, this better go well.

But it'll be fine. Alex's keeping her cool, and I'm Alex. If she can do it, I can, because I am her.

Rolled a Hold Steady in chat- 2d6+1=6. Using a string on Alex to boost it to 7. Keeping my cool.

Let's do this! I ran along side Alex, barreling for the door. "Alright, Sis!" Never had a sister before, this might be fun. In a sense, anyways. Bah, never mind. Better to focus on what's important right now, and that's trying not to get banned from Starbucks or arrested.

Nea fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 21, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

"poo poo, poo poo, poo poo!" Cold! Cold rain, on my face! AGAIN! This day has entirely too much rain for a school day, let me tell you. If I'm going to be running around down, it needs to be sunnier... But that's not the point! The point is ... That Alister's gone, poo poo. That... is going to be a problem, innit? He's gone and Alex is probably going to be worried about that.. and we owe him one. He better not have gotten arrested or something.

Alex is right, though. We need to find somewhere to get dry, to change.And she's looking at me weird... Ah, we probably need to talk more. I'm still not even sure that what she told me has quite sunken in... A ghost? That's... A thing, but I don't know why she would lie about it. IT's... kind of a depressing story just to tell, you know?

"Yeah, yeah." I say to Alex, offering her a hand. "There's got to be somewhere that sells clothes around, right? I've got like twenty bucks left, I can buy myself a jacket... Here." I slipped off Alex's jacket, handing it to her. "I've been soaked today already, you haven't. And it's your jacket, anyways. Ah, Mind if I borrow your shirt until I can get a new one, though?"

Don't wanna change out in the wet, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Currently Wearing : Max's Generic New Clothes

"It won't take long..." I quickly got to finding a shirt (and rain jacket) to wear, making sure to base it on my sizes, not Alex's- poo poo, I'd have to find a good way to change, though I might be able to just do it in the bathroom and hope no one realizes that the girl who comes out of the bathroom never walked in... Ah, whatever. I'll make it work. "Ah, I didn't really have any plans... I could go see a movie, I guess. Not sure where they are right now, though.. .Honestly, we should probably go bust Alister out. We kiiinda owe him one, and I'm sure he wants to hear the rest of our stories..." I finally pick out a jacket, pay for it, and slip into the bathroom... Coming out as myself, with Alex's T-shirt in my hand. I hand it to her, then nod...

"Whatever you want to do, really... Um... I'd kind of like to hear more of your story either way, honestly, though we'd have to find somewhere private to do it." ... It's still just so... A ghost? I mean... Wow. I really want to know how that happened, but... I might be prying too much. Whatever she's comfortable telling, I want to hear.

• Locked thread