Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Actually the world will only get better. Sure there's a lot of bad things going on but in the long course of history society has a tendency toward improvement. Slavery used to be the basis for everyone's economy just a few hundred years ago and now it's illegal the world over. Longevity is up, human rights are getting better, and most of the world lives under some form of democratic government that they have a say in.

Global warming will turn the Arctic into a bread basket and everywhere south of it will have nice balmy subtropical weather except the tropics which will stay pretty much the same as they are now, if the conditions during the Miocene (the last time Earth had this much CO2 in the atmosphere) are any indication. Once we get past the 'everything floods' phase it'll be pretty nice.

All in all life will get better and better for us :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I've been away from D&D for awhile, is Mr. Cow there a gimmick or is he genuinely insane?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

When the savage hoards moved into my neighborhood they drove out the drug dealers from their traditional places and now have big family cookouts in the park every day the weather is nice. it turns out the savage hoards really only get savage about creepy bad people and are actually nice and good neighbors who will invite you to their barbecue.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Rodatose posted:

but some of them have qurans...

One time it got really really hot in the summer and they slept in the park instead of dying of heatstroke in their unairconditioned apartments like civilized people.

It was actually safe to walk through the park at night!! There were no drunk people to stumble over at all!! What on Earth is my neighborhood coming to

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I'm in Hell says the man who has never had to wonder where his next meal comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

& let's face it as a species we'll probably naturally evolve away from what we are now in less than a million years. Just 200,000 years ago, which is barely any time at all, Homo sapiens was just getting a start. 200,000 years from now we might be a different species.

• Locked thread