Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I'm watching Christopher Titus on Comedy Central right now and I am not amused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
doug stanhope and joe rogan are literal trash cans

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Being realistic is is probably not possible to beat out Jeff Dunham for heavyweight champion of needs to be murdered

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bill cosby

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
louis ck

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Probably near all of them.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Harald posted:

Bill cosby

sorry, I thought the thread was for most favorite

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Didn't he used to have a tv show called Titus?

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Yeah and it was pretty bad.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
any of the fat guys where 50%+ of their standup is about how fat they are. they also make up 50% of all comedians

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

You're not wrong. Dude was funny before he got his own show and was being fellated by the internet at large, but then his personality took over his jokes.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Aesop Poprock posted:

any of the fat guys where 50%+ of their standup is about how fat they are. they also make up 50% of all comedians
Aw man, those guys are the fuckin worst. and there are so, so many of them and all of their material is exactly the fuckin same.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

Didn't he used to have a tv show called Titus?

You've brought deeply repressed memories back to the surface.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pudding Huxtable posted:

You're not wrong. Dude was funny before he got his own show and was being fellated by the internet at large, but then his personality took over his jokes.

i haven't seen any of his standup post 2010 or so, what changed about it

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:
muahahahha

mitch hedburgggggg

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Aesop Poprock posted:

He got divorced and more self loathing and it seeps into his material

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

I kind of like his stand-up, but his tv show is leaving me scratching my head. Is he trying to be "experimental".

Since we're dropping bombs here I think I'll go ahead and drop the George Carlin bomb. He's entertaining I guess, but funny? Not really.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Aesop Poprock posted:

He got rich as gently caress so his life got better which negatively affects comedy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pudding Huxtable posted:

He got divorced and more self loathing and it seeps into his material

he was already uncomfortably self loathing and it was funny, i'm not seeing how it could get worse unless he literally just stopped telling jokes. oh wait that's basically what his show is

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
tbh I enjoy discussing legitimately horrible comedians more than comedians with tons of great material but they not as good lately or i think they are overrated or some dumb poo poo like that

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this one guy who was going to an open mic i'd go up at

he was doing the same material every week and his biggest joke was entirely a reference to the nick cartoon "rocket power"

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Bill Burr is a loud drunk irish tard.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Kathy Griffin

Celebrities! The gays! Clay Aiken is gay! I love plastic surgery like that Joan Rivers lady but talentless!

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

psyopmonkey posted:

Isn't he one of those comedians that thinks being insulting is inherently funny?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
pauly shore

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

SweetKarma posted:

Isn't he one of those comedians that thinks being insulting is inherently funny?

Hes the red headed idiot who yells a lot and talks about his dad.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Hey... Budddddddy...

ITSA THE WEEZEL!

*weird tongue noise

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Bill Burr is funny as gently caress.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Hobohemian posted:

He got rich as gently caress so his life got better which negatively affects comedy.

this.

He's still pretty funny though, and the wealth can lead to some good jokes too. His bit about looking like poo poo in his fancy new condo courtyard an pissing off some guy who thinks he's a bum is as funny as any of his older poo poo imo

but yeah in general, wealth and success tend to make one less funny, kind of ties into why conservative comedians are always awful.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
What's the name of that super obese white guy that tries to act like a cool black guy. He's not funny either. I hate his face.

Edit: Found him. It's Ralphie May. I literally just googled "obese comedian" and he popped up.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Is Dane Cook still popular? He was mega obnoxious back in the day, but I ain't heard about him in a long rear end time. Seems like he faded away after starring in a bunch of lovely movies.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

He talks too much about his dumb gently caress kids that nobody cares about, he lost me at that 'I'm not allowed to die because I'm a parent' bit

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Man every thread about standup up comedy ends up being goons' opinions on Louis CK

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

psyopmonkey posted:

I once farted and it sounded like bill burr. Not his voice, it was like my rear end in a top hat was sayingn the words "billlll burrrrrrrr"

True story

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
The newest episode of Louie was really really really good.

Dream sequences that are super hosed up = best

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont like bill burr at all but i do like doug stanhope, but doug stanhope likes bill burr

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

psyopmonkey posted:

The newest episode of Louie was really really really good.

Dream sequences that are super hosed up = best

Haven't seen that episode. His show is so weird. I really don't understand what he's going for.

Lord Superchrome
Aug 8, 2012
Patrice O'neal isn't for me. But then, his jokes aren't for me...

edit: I change my answer to the last 45 minutes of Ricky Gervais' act where he just talks about atheism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SweetKarma posted:

Haven't seen that episode. His show is so weird. I really don't understand what he's going for.

i liked it a lot and then like most people got weirded out by the last half of the last season and yeah i dont get it

• Locked thread