Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Some of her songs are pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Because she rubbed her clit on stage in front like like 10,000 people. Then she showed her butthole on a talk show.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just hate all Millenials, including myself :shrug:

Not as much as I hate Boomers, tho :argh:

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Haier posted:

Because she rubbed her clit on stage in front like like 10,000 people. Then she showed her butthole on a talk show.

Link?

i unironically like the entire pure heroine album. i think its pretty good.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Randy Marsh is Lorde lol South Park: best show on TV for years (according to poster Waltzing Along, who I like in YLLS but HATE in Neuve GBS)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She's a pretentious teenager who had her adolescent sense of self-importance validated by the world and that bugs people who had their own egos smashed by their own mediocrity. I like her stuff but I understand why she'd rub people the wrong way.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

it was a south park episode

i think she's alright or at least she doesn't ever seem to actively annoy me, and just about everything actively annoys me

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
because she hasn't gotten rid of taylro swift yet

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lorde's music is the epitome of a songwriter writing disingenuously about things that don't apply to them

mind the walrus posted:

She's a pretentious teenager who had her adolescent sense of self-importance validated by the world

Basically this

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
southpark is still making new episodes?

wow, just wow

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
People hate Lorde beause she looks like a normal person instead of a typical pop music starlet.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
because her music is poo poo op

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

She's a pretentious teenager who had her adolescent sense of self-importance validated by the world and that bugs people who had their own egos smashed by their own mediocrity. I like her stuff but I understand why she'd rub people the wrong way.

close thread

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

yea that's probably it

i agree

i think

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I don't know, why do a lot of people like metal? People have poo poo opinions about all kinds of music

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Maldoror posted:

yea that's probably it

i agree

i think

some people hate success and successful people, hth

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

her biggest hit is about the experience of being lower class and she is from one of the richest families in middle earth lol

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

some people hate success and successful people, hth

only when the successful people are pretentious and/or smug about it, or at least give the impression that they are pretentious and/or smug about it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Maldoror posted:

only when the successful people are pretentious and/or smug about it, or at least give the impression that they are pretentious and/or smug about it

you can be successful and be pretentious and/or smug about it and still be likable if you do it right.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
ni pics itt voted 1

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

fyodor posted:

her biggest hit is about the experience of being lower class and she is from one of the richest families in middle earth lol

I believed you, had to look at the lyrics to confirm.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

diabeetz posted:

I believed you, had to look at the lyrics to confirm.

now what?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Cubey posted:

you can be successful and be pretentious and/or smug about it and still be likable if you do it right.

give example pls

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Maldoror posted:

give example pls

pretty much every good rapper ever

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
My sister listened to Lorde a lot when I drove her to Minnesota. All her songs that I can remember seemed to be about being a twenty something who is the center of attention at parties or something but they weren't that bad I guess.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lordoftheT posted:

My sister listened to Lorde a lot when I drove her to Minnesota. All her songs that I can remember seemed to be about being a twenty something who is the center of attention at parties or something but they weren't that bad I guess.

lorde is still a teenager and was 16 when royals dropped

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Pretend it's the first time you heard her music and you had known nothing about her at the time. Now pretend continued to hear her music as much as you did but you still knew nothing about her.
Would you hate it?

The answer is yes.

Why? Oversaturation.

Any song or performer that the public shows the slightest interest in gives mainstream media a huge boner made of money, so they latch on to it, and cram it down our throats.
This can be said of all pop music.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I mean, I'm gay.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Idiot Kicker posted:

because she hasn't gotten rid of taylro swift yet

She and Tay Tay are on the outs because she turned down Swift's offer to sing a duet with her. Insulted her album by saying her sound wouldn't mesh or something

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

WhyteRyce posted:

She and Tay Tay are on the outs because she turned down Swift's offer to sing a duet with her. Insulted her album by saying her sound wouldn't mesh or something

trap sprung look at this people magazine reading motherfucker

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

fyodor posted:

trap sprung look at this people magazine reading motherfucker

Look you search for Swift enough and articles start popping up on Google now and not you have reading material on the shitter

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

people hate lorde?

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!

Cubey posted:

lorde is still a teenager and was 16 when royals dropped

Hopefully as she matures as an artist she will start singing about the impending doom of modern society caused by vapid consumerism and a lack of political consciousness.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Cuz we'll never be royaaaaals

(royals)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lordoftheT posted:

Hopefully as she matures as an artist she will start singing about the impending doom of modern society caused by vapid consumerism and a lack of political consciousness.

royals is already about vapid consumerism, or was that the joke

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Let's go with that. I actually don't remember her songs very well since with was probably two more more years ago.

E: I admit my memory of her music is colored by the knowledge that my sister loves her stuff and my sister loves consumerism.

lordoftheT fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 10, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I like Lorde. Her music is chill a s gently caress and she seems pretty cool despite the fact she's a teenager and they usually suck.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

i think she's alright or at least she doesn't ever seem to actively annoy me, and just about everything actively annoys me

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

If Taylor likes Lorde she must be doing something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Lorde and Taylor :xd:

• Locked thread