Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
why am i laughed at for wearing cargo shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
rity peply

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
because you are a gay manbaby

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
actually is cool again op youre laughed at for unrelated reason

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
because neckbeards wear them and anything neckbeards touch must be reviled and be destroyed

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Gatekeeper posted:

actually is cool again op youre laughed at for unrelated reason

are jorts cool again to?

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wear cargo shorts so I can still karate a man

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Women don't like things with pockets because they have pocket envy.

This is also why women don't like other women unless they're butch.

HTH

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cuz the only cargo u carry in them is ur duct tape wallet, ur pokewalker, and a knife u stole from ur dad's place to act tough

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Only loving GDI wear cargos. What are you holding in those giant pockets, your virginity?? :owned:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prof. Lurker posted:

are jorts cool again to?

sort of but there's a difference between cool jorts and lame jorts and the chasm between them is wider than cool/lame jeans

naem
May 29, 2011

Cargo pants and shorts are both great if your hiking/camping/an army man etc, but people started wearing them in real life, for fun, then not for fun just as actual pants, and then all their pants were cargo pants, and then everyone looked like a garbage collector 24/7 and people hd to be like STOP

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Grew up on Rob Liefelds Cable so I order cargo shorts with EXTRA pockets and have vests specially made covered in pockets AND pouches. Can never have too many places to put things imo

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i don't like sitting on my wallet because it's uncomfortable and deforms the seat in my car. if I don't wear cargos where do I put my wallet? keep in mind that my left front pocket has a giant smartphone and my right front pocket has my keys.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They're the trenchcoat for legs

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

City of Tampa posted:

i don't like sitting on my wallet because it's uncomfortable and deforms the seat in my car. if I don't wear cargos where do I put my wallet? keep in mind that my left front pocket has a giant smartphone and my right front pocket has my keys.

your keys are in your pocket while you sit in your car?

don't feed this obvious troll

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

sort of but there's a difference between cool jorts and lame jorts and the chasm between them is wider than cool/lame jeans

this guy knows a thing or two about a thing or two

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

City of Tampa posted:

My '07 corolla has a little cubby slot right by the gear stick that my wallet fits into perfectly

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i didn't realize people still used wallets honestly i mean how much poo poo are you carrying around with you that you need a folding pouch for all of it? put your id bank card and greenbacks in your pocket and man the gently caress up lil pissbitch

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

i didn't realize people still used wallets honestly i mean how much poo poo are you carrying around with you that you need a folding pouch for all of it? put your id bank card and greenbacks in your pocket and man the gently caress up lil pissbitch

I too don't understand why people would want to look respectable and accessorize with things like wallets ties and belts. A relationship? No thanks I have my animes

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Volume posted:

I too don't understand why people would want to look respectable and accessorize with things like wallets ties and belts. A relationship? No thanks I have my animes

whoah whoah WHOAH where did i say anything about belts or ties they are great obviously but wallets are for adults who used to skateboard and literal children

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Men wear pants.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

slacks actually

Savage Innocent
May 10, 2015

by XyloJW
Yeah I never understood that. I started wearing them a few years ago, and only just recently found out how that was viewed by normal socially adjusted people. No wonder I couldn't make any new friends!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i wore some white cargo shorts with a black and white charlie sheen button shirt once last fall and got to cum in a pretty girl's butt later that night so cargo shorts are ok with me :shrug:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

if you're really attractive, fit, successful and wear cargo pants/shorts nobody will make fun of you.

you can do/wear whatever you want and people will wish they were more like you. hth.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Are black cargo shorts blargorts

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

if you wear cargo shorts you might as well put on a purity ring too

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Because shorts are traditionally seen as garments for a boy, not a man. It has to do with cloth shortages in the wars, and you inherited some of that from us without really knowing what it means. Imagine being stopped by a policeman in shorts. Would you take him or her seriously? I would not. Cargo shorts are worse still because what the gently caress are you even carrying in those excessive pockets?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

how me a frog posted:

Because shorts are traditionally seen as garments for a boy, not a man. It has to do with cloth shortages in the wars, and you inherited some of that from us without really knowing what it means. Imagine being stopped by a policeman in shorts. Would you take him or her seriously? I would not. Cargo shorts are worse still because what the gently caress are you even carrying in those excessive pockets?

Most policemen that ride a bicycle wear shorts as part of their uniform

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

how me a frog posted:

Lol if you don't always carry a Game Boy Color so you can throw down some Pokemon Crystal with anyone you meet.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Nooner posted:

Policeboys

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nooner posted:

You aren't really making a case for them being taken seriously.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I were them all the time, but I live in a town with a lot of Mexicans who look normal and chill in cargo shorts so the pasty fedora wearing candy rear end stereotype never took hold here.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
too busy loving my jorts OP

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

your keys are in your pocket while you sit in your car?

don't feed this obvious troll

no my right front pocket is reserved for my keys. when I drive it is empty, i'm not moving my wallet around when I get in and out of the car. I need a wallet pocket that is not on my butt or either of my normal front pockets. Only cargos provide this.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
why jorts?

why not jncos?

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.
Is it finally time to unearth my Jort collection? I have been hoarding them since the 90's, awaiting for their triumphant return. Perhaps I can sell them as vintage Jorts to all the hipsters.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EwaNAyvA3g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.

Glasgow Kiss posted:

why not jncos?

They were stupid then, and they are stupid now. :colbert:

• Locked thread