Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
I mean come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It's the muscly men in them.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Goons are retards with bad taste.

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

happyhippy posted:

It's the muscly men in them.

So basically they're on the same literary level as X-rated Westerns

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
They are tailor made to goons horrible tastes.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
warhammer is the goofy lil figurines you paint right? hahahaha of course it has lovely novels

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
if you read enough of them, you become a wizard

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
what is it with op and trolling the Venezuela thread in d&d

hint: it's that he's so terrible at trolling he can't even cut it in gbs

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Harrower posted:

Goons are retards with bad taste.

The cannot be true

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
its just tolkien rewrites with space guns and i like tolkien so i guess i kind of get it

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I enjoy the setting and think it's goofy fun but my imagination of what a warhammer book is, is the most boringist thing ever, 2000 pages of tech priests praying to the Mars dragon to get the coffeemaker working and another 2000 pages of anointing the blessed ribbon that goes on your left shoulder.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Your opinion makes me so darn mad, OP! :argh:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Jonad posted:

what is it with op and trolling the Venezuela thread in d&d

hint: it's that he's so terrible at trolling he can't even cut it in gbs

gossiping about what some fucko does in another part of the forum is pretty much the worst garbage ever

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i read one once on a rainy day stuck in a holiday cottage with almost zero books (before kindles) and it was the most homoerotic thing i ever read. loads of space marines were in some sort of pond weeping and clutching each other during some initiation process, then they started screaming about honour and invaded a planet. it was very bad.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I read alotta ham books ask me questions bout it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

opus111 posted:

i read one once on a rainy day stuck in a holiday cottage with almost zero books (before kindles) and it was the most homoerotic thing i ever read. loads of space marines were in some sort of pond weeping and clutching each other during some initiation process, then they started screaming about honour and invaded a planet. it was very bad.

"Chalice of Darkness" was, admittedly, the weakest of the "Overstar Campaign" triskadecilogy, but I think it was important because it set the stage for Althemon's later betrayal of the Celestial Lions on Thrassus IX in book XIII.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Gatekeeper posted:

gossiping about what some fucko does in another part of the forum is pretty much the worst garbage ever

mocking the op incessantly is literally sacred gibbis tradition fucko

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I also read the first 2 halo 'novels' cos i was curious and they were basically play-by-play descriptions of the halo 1 campaign, ama.

Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
my goon bf has seriously been reading WH novels nonstop for about 6 mo. now... he's been making me call him "Emperor of Mankind" during sex, and he really gets off dressing me up like a space marine

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
every day i yearn for death back in besieged stalingrad, so wh40k is a-ok in my book

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Fusilli Jerry posted:

my goon bf has seriously been reading WH novels nonstop for about 6 mo. now... he's been making me call him "Emperor of Mankind" during sex, and he really gets off dressing me up like a space marine

Get him into the classics Warhammer ripped off instead.

You can call him God Emperor of Dune and he can dress like a giant dick.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Get him into the classics Warhammer ripped off instead.

You can call him God Emperor of Dune and he can dress like a giant dick.

this may or may not be a bad idea depending on your feelings wrt metal speedos

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Lol if you're not banging at least two blondes a night just lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
its so khorney

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Jonad posted:

this may or may not be a bad idea depending on your feelings wrt metal speedos

I meant this kind of dick:

Go big or go home, imo.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Go big or go home, imo.

great illustration, reminds me of the scene when gurid monstien (guy on bottom left) said "Hot drat, that's a huege dick!!.!"

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
realtalk op, it's because they are terrible and goons love terrible things, like anime and communism

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I wish I had an excuse but I don't. One day I was bored at work and read a goon 40k thread. The next week I read a wiki about the setting and shortly after that I read a Goon Recommended book and that was all it took.

The forums were a gateway drug to something truly awful.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I am Talos Valcoran, known as the Soul Hunter, I am a member of First Claw, 10th Company, Night Lords Legion. I am somewhat of a prophet among my warband, for I, like my gene-father Konrad Curze before me, bear the curse of foreknowledge. AMA

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

lordoftheT posted:

They are tailor made to goons horrible tastes.

Its true

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually The Ciaphas Cain novels have some good riffs on the 'verse.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I would never play the tabletop or read the books, but drat if I don't enjoy dawn of war and speeessss marine.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Go big or go home, imo.

Illustration is not canon.

Leto only had a small human face somewhere on his worm body.

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

Applewhite posted:

Actually The Ciaphas Cain novels have some good riffs on the 'verse.

I looked at one of those and they are such a blatant ripoff of Flashman, its a wonder the Fraser estate hasn't sued.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Borneo Jimmy posted:

I looked at one of those and they are such a blatant ripoff of Flashman, its a wonder the Fraser estate hasn't sued.

I'd heard about that. Picked up some Flashman novels to compare but haven't gotten around to them yet.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

OMFG FURRY posted:

if you read enough of them, you become a wizard

You become a librarian. :q:

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

Applewhite posted:

I'd heard about that. Picked up some Flashman novels to compare but haven't gotten around to them yet.

They're good but I sorta stopped reading them when I realized the author is unironically pro British empire which undermines the subversive element.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
is war hammer the plastic army men that are metal instead and Internet people like painting them?

is that a game or just model painting or something?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

They're actually very different once you get past the surface similarities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

InterFaced posted:

You become a librarian. :q:

Wrong. You have to read real books to become a librarian.

Librarians have to do three hours of penance if they go into the sci-fi/fantasy isle even if it's just to restock. Three hours of reading Walt Whitman on your knees in a dark closet. If you can't read without light you're not a true librarian.

• Locked thread