Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

In high school I had a white friend who started growing dreadlocks. After we realised it wasn't a phase, a bunch of us went on a camping trip and brought a pair of scissors, and after a few drinks, we held him down while one person cut off all his hair.

He was mad at the time, but deep down he knew we did the right thing

the redneck way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i had dreadlocks in high school for a while. cut em out after a year or two.

white ppl probably shouldn't have dreadlocks unless they have the right kind of hair for it, thick and curly. otherwise it just looks sad.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

Pretty much, except we were kids from a middle class suburb in Canada and he really did look like a tool

thats a p. loving horrible thing to do though. conform or we'll make you. would you have raped him if he'd turned out to be gay?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Abdul Alhazred posted:

one time I saw a dog with dreadlocks, no lie

those dogs are loving badass. the locks are to give protection against wolves. they're an ancient breed of sheep herding dogs and they fear nothing.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

No and your logic is retarded.

High school kids messing with a friend because he does something dumb, is pretty normal we all remained friends and still are to this day. You're describing a hate crime, and need to get your head out of your rear end.

dude, that poo poo is textbook hatecrime. you hold someone down & forcibly cut their hair b/c you don't like they way it looks. only ones i've heard of doing that are nazi skinheads, and i'll loving guarantee you'd get charged for assault if that kid would have pressed charges.

also you seem to be living in some kind of brocode fraternity world where having a hairstyle you don't like is "doing something stupid". it's not your call, rear end in a top hat. the fact that you're still friends if loving irrelevant, the poo poo you described is demeaning and just plain wrong. gently caress you.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

lilljonas posted:

Counterpoint: a white people with dreadlocks.

so uhhh you wanna ban a hairstyle or what?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

ShaqDiesel posted:

I think it's like if you found out your friend was on drugs. To leave him alone and accept his "choice" would be cruel.

could you be any more square?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

lordoftheT posted:

I would absolutely support a ban preventing white people from having dreadlocks.

i hope they ban being a fat nerd as well

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

ShaqDiesel posted:

The rastafarian said I wasn't cool! :ohdear:

eat poo poo, spongebob

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
you know you can and should wash dreadlocks? just make sure to dry them off properly or they get moldy. white ppl often skip washing them because washing makes them uncurl if your hair is too slick.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
do these count as dreads?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i bet you looked like a jackass

let's be honest, that guy would look good no matter what kind of hair he has

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

im late to notice this post but i just want to say that this poster is right and i agree with him, we should minimize the seriousness of rape any way we can with more posts like his

assault & rape are pretty similar crimes

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

dang i never knew my parents assaulted me when i was 1 and a half and they took me to my first haircut

im glad you told me i have begun legal proceedings against them

imagine a bunch of dudes attacking you, pinning you down on the ground and giving you a lovely buzz cut. that sound cool to you?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

well it was my parents and a young lady who held my limbs down as i cried and wailed, then held sharp scissors near my face for an extended period of time

i was too young to understand what was going on and i was pretty unhappy about losing what i considered a part of my body

why is that different?

you keep wondering that. if you think hard enough you should maybe get it at some point.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
you know you also totally go to jail if you even plan on grounding someone who's not your kid

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

wait parents are allowed to abuse and assault kids if its their own kids? dang being a parent sounds like more fun that i thought

double standards i know

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
those fuckers are really big, too

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Nickelback Concert posted:

That breed, a Komondor, is.

A Puli looks the same and is much smaller.

one of the pics a puli? i can't tell them apart if there's nothing to scale their size with

great dogs all of em. i'd get one but they're very rare and basically need a big yard to guard.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
looking at that dog it's easy to see why they bred it though. they say even bears and wolf packs will back off from an angry komondor.

part of it might be that they're just really confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

seriously imagine one of those things walking through some brush they'd look like a moving hill after a few hours

their fur is apparently somewhat water and dirt resistant. you don't have to wash them that often, at least not any more often than most dogs but when you do, it will take hours.

you can also trim them if you want to, but the fur protects them from both the heat and the cold. they're a really good working dog breed for either guarding or herding.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 11, 2015

• Locked thread