Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
If you'll have me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
Confirmed

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Would you two just gently caress already?

I lol'd.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Dead Cow posted:

That came on quickly. Kleedrac, why so defensive when it's so easy to ignore early day one vote slinging? You went from weird to frantic

Not that I like using meta, but I just got lynched in another ongoing game for basically this same case and flipped scum, and that makes it the best vote as of now.

##vote Kleedrac

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Terrible vote. "I dont like to use meta but I will. Here is my bandwagon vote".

As stated, it was the best vote at the time, not best vote overall. This is a really quiet game and his reaction was what struck me.

Why would I draw attention to the fact that I don't like meta arguments and then turn around and use one? Because this early, something is better than nothing.

Here's a question for bowmore: is my vote really worse than something related to a youtube video?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Poque posted:

god dammit Meinberg

(Donald)

idgi

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Is it still the best vote now? Do you think someone else is scummier?

Did a quick re-read of the epic tome that is the 2 pages of this thread. Answer to your question is no.

kleedrac, I don't know if it's something about your mii face or what but you really seem to be an early game vote magnet. I don't know what it is but your posting, to me, always seems so awkward. Going to step back from you for now.

I think Gridlocked seems like he's trying to buddy up to a lot of the people in this thread, and I find it suspicious.

I think bowmore casting suspicion on kleedrac early for self voting and then going after the person voting him seems a bit odd - is kleedrac scum for self voting, or am I scum for voting kleedrac for "meta"? Seems a bit low hanging fruit.

DGK gets suspicion for his wishy-washy language in his latest post about DC.

My preferred vote is bowmore right now, actually.

##vote bowmore

In before omgus

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Even though you didn't ask, I get gut town reads off grandi and fv.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

If it helps, I live with DC.

UNACCEPTABLE

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

bowmore posted:

my Kleedrac thing was in joke phase, because jokes phases still happen

Ah the beautiful sound of backtracking

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

bowmore posted:

well if you backtrack through my posts you will realise I voted him joke phase

Oh ok. Now that that's cleared up, can you point to me the exact moment in time when the game got serious? I need to know for future games where the cutoff is.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Clearly :rolleyes:

Because, as a scum, I always act overtly with my votes.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I think any semblance of roleplaying the urchins fighting over magical coins like Ecco was hoping has been lost entirely.

Wait, there are coins in this game?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

This is all just opinions mind:

It's the first vote man. It maybe my first Mafia game but I am fairly sure it is entirely either meta or baseless voting for random rear end reasons. It's not like a game of Rebellion where we are sitting around a table and can look for physical reactions to voting.

I think everyones just arguing because they are paranoid as hell they will be the day 1 sacrificial lamb and want to make sure they aren't getting pinged day 2 for their behaviour in day 1 discussions.

I also think the only people who care about day 1 votes should be mafia members trying not to get one of their buddies taken out by bad luck. Townies have basically nothing to go on and this is just a chance to maaaaybe take out a mafia member by spinning the wheel and getting to see reactions.

Then again I could be playing this game entirely wrong. :downs: It's my first day.

Ahhhh...

Makes more sense.

Ok, instituting my newbie d1 pass here.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Not really. Unless WMM comes in here and specifically says it was just that, his reason is twofold.

I read your post but I need you to clarify what exactly you're asking.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Were you riding Bowmore because of his throwing shade on Klee, or his voting on me about the klee thing. Or was it both?

I assume shade = suspicion. My thought was that "ok bowmore is suspicious of kleedrac for [reason - don't remember why he said he was suspicious, it's irrelevant]; coincidentally I, too, am suspicious of Kleedrac, and I'm voting him - wait, now bowmore is voting me?"

Felt like he was ok with just putting his vote anywhere

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Me and DC differ a bit.

She sees him not voting as TRAP SPRUNG.

I see it as 'he couldn't have been all that serious about his suspicion of kleedrac, he didn't even put a vote down. That's kind of scummy.'

Lynch all liars is a dumb argument.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Shanakin posted:

I'm just going to get this over and done with.

It's hard to really say if DC is scum or not, but even after all that we don't have too0 much to go on either way. So Dead Cow, should become Dead Dead Cow, because there's something vaguely suspicious and it will net us some information in the aftermath.

##Vote Dead Cow

I think that should be 7

Ok reading over the last couple pages up to the end of the day, this is the worst DC vote I've seen so far, you basically typed a bunch of words equating to :bandwagon:

Shanakin posted:

VT?

Anyway, not voting at all is probably a better reason to vote for someone than anything I've seen so far.

##Vote Quandry

Did you just use the fact that she claimed VT to change your vote?

You HAVE been away.

Gridlocked posted:

I don't wanna vote for DC now. She is being more helpful to a newbie then anyone else so far; I ain't gonna dick move on my first vote.

Day 1 newbie pass is OVER. Consider yourself now fair game (and spoiler alert, buddying is a scum tell hth)

Grandicap posted:

No lynching is bad. It makes day 2 just like day 1, you need the info the d1 lynch provides.

I know I said earlier in game I felt you were townie, but this sort of helpful fluff is the kind of thing scum like to post to look like they're contributing and throws up a flag for me.

Meinberg posted:

I'm trying to gauge Dead Cow still, and while I can't point to anything specific, my gut is leaning scum.

##vote Dead Cow
Another terrible vote.

Gridlocked posted:

I do totally agree with this. If I have to ##vote Dead Cow I will. Sorry Dead Cow.

I am pretty sure you will come up as a Townie but I would rather some hard information then no hard information.
More :bandwagon:

Gridlocked posted:

It is kinda dumb.

If DC isn't getting hammered I'm just gonna ##unvote from her and find a better target. I am willing to trust her at the moment.
And now I don't know what to think here. Gut says you're a townie who gets easily influenced by others. Careful.

I see that Quandary had much the same thoughts as I do above. :hifive:

Re-reading, I'm less suspicious of Gridlocked, more suspicious of Grandi, and the same as with bowmore.

WOULD LYNCH: Shanakin, bowmore, and I liked Asiina's case on DGK.

Most overtly scummy right now is ##vote shanakin

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

QPQ where are you, I wasn't trying to ignore you :(

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

So Gridlocked, do you still think DC is town?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

bowmore, on May 20, 2015 21:54 posted:

I didn't lie though, I did vote for DGK in vote phase :confused:

code:
bowmore hosed around with this message at May 21, 2015 around 17:34
So what's the story here?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Poque posted:

he's not frantic. that's a mischaracterization intended to paint him as something he's not. Like when you say "calm down" to your friend who isn't actually mad because you want him to get madder ##vote Dead Cow
I'm in agreeance. His self-vote wasn't weird, and he sure as poo poo wasn't frantic.

##vote Dead Cow

DGK2000 posted:

##Vote Poque

Serious vote. His posts are feeling like buddying up, and his last post feels forced as gently caress.

Bit of incongruity here - these posts are separated by 10 hours.

And for the record, *this* is the post that supposedly broke the camel's back:

Poque posted:

I was 100% going to say this if you had come back with anything else hahahaha

I also laughed, DGK - is my laughter forced as well?

Shanakin is new scum, I'd much rather lynch DGK who I perceive as more of a threat.

##vote DGK

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Oh believe me I haven't forgotten about Dead Cow, I find it very suspicious about the no lynch.

What I find more suspicious: DGK unvotes Dead Cow "to eat", continues to post, and proceeds to not vote her or anyone else for the rest of D1.

Oh cute, you know who else was around, could have helped lynch Dead Cow, but unvoted because of "patterns"?

Shanakin posted:

Huh. Lynching Lurkers was a thing last time I played, but as I said that was ages ago on a different website. Do we not learn their identity and so on after they are killed here?

I'll ##unvote and come read the thread again after some food.

DGK, Dead Cow, Shanakin scum team.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Town:
QPQ
Fiery_valk
Quandary
me
Gridlocked (gut call)
Asiina

unsure
Grandicap
Meinberg
bowmore

DC/DGK/Shanakin.

Everyone needs to re-read these three. It felt like a concerted effort on the part of DGK and Shan to pull votes off DC.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

##vote DC

Don't trust the cop claim, DC you are absolutely tunneled in on me, and even if you thought I was scum why aren't you voting me?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

Why don't trust the cop claim?
I'm not the kind of player who takes a claim at face value. I find DGK to be scummy. That hasn't changed. Couple of possibilities exist - 1. I'm wrong, DGK is town, Grandi is a cop, and will likely get NK'd tonight because our doctor is dead - statistically most likely; 2. I'm right, DGK is scum godfather, Grandi is a town cop who got a town result on DGK who will likely get NK'd tonight because our doctor is dead - obviously I'd prefer this scenario, and with a game this size having a scum godfather, roleblocker, and vanilla scum is a likely possibility. But again, this is speculation; 3. I'm right, DGK is scum, Grandi is scum and is lying to protect his scum bud - highly unlikely that Grandi would put himself out there this early.

quote:

Why did you vote for DGK over DC earlier; but now you say don't trust the cop claim and switch to DC? Do you not think DGK is guilty anymore?
I have to balance who I think is scum with who I think is likely to be lynched. I still don't trust DGK, but barring a cop counterclaim, that lynch is not happening today, and it would be foolish for me to pursue it. DC is my second choice, I still find her scummy and don't like how votes melted off her D1.

quote:

What are your thoughts on Shanakin now?
He's still scum, but he's newbie scum and has hung himself out to dry really early, so it will be easier to lynch him. I'm trying to get the bigger threats out of the way now.

quote:

What are your thoughts on me now, especially considering I pinged you for a while there?
I think you're likely town, I don't think Ecco would make two newbies scum. I don't trust Shana, obviously, you seem like you're trying more to hunt scum than he is and making more of an effort, while Shana is content to ride the coattails of other cases.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Quandary posted:

WWM if you don't trust the cop claim, why aren't you voting one of grandi/dgk?

Because lynching the uncounterclaimed cop would be dumb.

I would love to lynch DGK, but I don't feel like battling that particular windmill right now. I certainly don't trust him, but short of a huge groundswell of support, nobody else is going to lynch someone with a town result on them.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

Who is going to stand up and put their head on the chopping block for you though?

I will.

DGK and QPQ are both confirmed town

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I don't have a lot of time to post because I need to be out the door in <10, but here's my logic.

votefinder posted:

:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (7): Dead Cow, DGK2000, Gridlocked, Quandary, QuoProQuid, Shanakin, WHICH WAY MADNESS

:h: With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 28th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

There are 7 of us alive. Me, QPQ, and DGK are now confirmed town. Dead Cow, there is no way she would have ever, ever bussed bowmore like that for two solid days to the brink of her own lynch. She is effectively confirmed town in my eyes.

That leaves 3.

Gridlocked, you're a cute little innocent lamb of a town, you've put in equal parts effort and cluelessness and I don't see you as scum.

Now we're at a crossroads, it's either Shanakin or Quandary. Hmm...

Quandary posted:

Would also vote DGK. Lots of posting but very little substance. He tried to get involved in that dumb loving 'gotcha' on bowmore, and looked to characterize the vote on dead cow as a policy lynch when there was a lot of evidence behind it. Lots of white noise posting.

I don't like deadcow much either, mostly because of the 'gotcha' vote on bowmore. What possible reason would scum have to lie about something so easily confirmable, thats the worst case. Pushing it is the easiest possible vote and reads really scummy to me.

For now though ##Vote Shanakin

Quandary posted:

Rereading over bowmore and a few of the votes on him, j really do not see it. It strikes me as bowmore was being lazy d1 but didn't read as particularly scummy, and most of the votes on him are based on joke vote stuff or his reaction to calls out on his joke vote stuff and I really disagree with them. Would not vote.

Also, pretty WIFOMy, but I don't think qpq would have cased kleedrac as scum at the beginning of d2 because he would have known more clearly who was killed. But that's just a gut thing.

Quandary posted:

I could see a meinberg vote, but I think Shanakin and DGK are much better votes. Go look at Shanakin for me please

Quandary posted:

Yeah posts like these are newbie scum 101. Very happy with my vote on shanakin, though I'd switch to dgk or meinberg or DC I guess if that's the way the wind pushes.

Your post history is equal parts tunneling in on shanakin, mafia coaching, and bullshit defenses of bowmore and, to a lesser extent, meinberg. I'm not saying Shana is town if you are scum, but I will say you came into the thread and swung at the lowest hanging fruit available, that being one of the newbies.

I don't have time to explain any more about my role, I'll leave that up to QPQ because I am out the door, but honestly, everyone needs to ##vote Quandary

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

From SA Mafia wiki posted:

-Naive: Naive Cops are like normal cops, except that they always receive a "TOWN" result, even when investigating scum or millers.
-Paranoid: Paranoid Cops are the opposite of a Naive Cop -- they find all players to be SCUM, even townies and godfathers.

EccoRaven posted:

:s: Grandicap, Oza, Leader (town-aligned naive cop), was stabbed to death night 2. :s:

:siren:SETUP SPECULATION:siren:
I don't know why, but I get this really comforting feeling at the idea of Q being a paranoid cop, when a naive cop has already flipped. Something about that perfect symmetry...

##unvote

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

##vote Shana

Let's close it down folks.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I love how people are so condescending. So far the only person not to be was FV (not counting Shanakin)

It's loving wonderful.

I... wasn't trying to be?

Sorry if anyone took anything I said as condescension.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I really had fun this game, but honestly I didn't mean to come across as condescending to the new guys. You both did pretty well, Gridlocked especially, and I'll be pretty honest I was at the point where I felt you had fooled us all Grid.

This was the most fun I've ever had as a mason, and thank you to Ecco for running the game. I'm happy we won, I just wish it could have happened without all the RL emotions.

• Locked thread