Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

normal votefinder rules apply. Vote and unvote at your leisure, we live in a brave new world of machines and technocracies.

Are you okay, Ecco? I'm worried about you.

Anyways, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Good morning, everyone! I am confirmed.

How are you all today?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Kleedrac posted:

srsly this is the weakest case ever. I'm not deflecting but honestly if your case is made on my joke-vote posts you may be scum trying to nail an easy case.

What makes you think that a substantial case can be made this early in the game?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Kleedrac posted:

I don't need something with notes and links to tons of evidence but I made 2 jokes and he seems to think that this is lynch-worthy.

It is page three of a game that has been almost entirely dead. The game has to start somewhere, and it usually only builds momentum from weak casing and overreactions to it.

Speaking of which, I find your overreaction odd. Seems a little melodramatic to say that you are being threatened when there are only three votes against you.

How serious are you about your accusation at Meinberg and do you think it is "serious?"

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Dead Cow posted:

That came on quickly. Kleedrac, why so defensive when it's so easy to ignore early day one vote slinging? You went from weird to frantic

oh my gosh, dead cow. you stole my thunder!!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Aaaannnnddddd we're back. Let's get this ball rolling.

bowmore posted:

I feel like voting Kleedrac for self voting

Didn't catch this in my first time around but this post reads as off to me. Non-committal; sowing suspicion but easy to walk back from.

Don't necessarily see anything wrong with a self-vote in the joke phase.

Kleedrac posted:

You obviously didn't watch the Rolling Start video - it's so catchy it nearly counts as a case!

Though if my joke is bothering people ...
##Unvote

Do agree with Grandicap about Kleedrac's subsequent response though. Too concerned with how other people react. See this post as more scummy than bowmore.

Odd response. Deflecting via humor.

Kleedrac posted:

srsly this is the weakest case ever. I'm not deflecting but honestly if your case is made on my joke-vote posts you may be scum trying to nail an easy case.

And this is where I originally came in. My questions toward Kleedrac were because I found this post sounding particularly false. His continued obsession with the court of public opinion is setting off alarm bells and I don't like his deflection here. It's too much like OMGUS.

Kleedrac posted:

I don't need something with notes and links to tons of evidence but I made 2 jokes and he seems to think that this is lynch-worthy.

And this is a deliberate misrepresentation of what happened.

##vote: Kleedrac

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

and im a huge idiot because apparently kleedrac died last night.

wow.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Poque posted:

he's not frantic. that's a mischaracterization intended to paint him as something he's not. Like when you say "calm down" to your friend who isn't actually mad because you want him to get madder ##vote Dead Cow

Nonetheless, I do find Poque's jump to Kleedrac's defense here rather interesting. Even when I reorient myself, knowing Kleedrac's flip, nothing jumps out to me as particularly townie. I don't agree that Dead Cow's posts were a "mischaracterization" or that Dead Cow's posts were particularly antagonistic. Mainly, I see a two sentence response (1) to someone who has acted weird, and whose weirdness has been noted in more detail by other players (2), (3), (4). I don't know why Poque is focused on Dead Cow.

Dead Cow posted:

DGK is working off of like, almost 2 year old meta.

I still am wary about Kleedrac, early self votes are equivalent to jokingly scum claiming. It entirely depends on how good a player that person is.

Kleedrac, would you say that you are a good mafia player?

I find this post awkward, but in a townie way. Attacking someone because of their joke post is such an easy move that no one but a town player would be so casual about it. I find it difficult to imagine a scum player making this kind of post without being extremely self-conscious.

bowmore posted:

yeah ok

##vote wwm

the Kleedrac vote is silly

I'm tired and cannot remember bowmore's meta, but this post seems exceptionally lazy. fiery_valkyrie, herself, seems to pick up on bowmore's attempt to ride her coattails (5) and I like her for drawing attention to it.

bowmore posted:

I didn't lie though, I did vote for DGK in vote phase :confused:

bowmore posted:

I mean, I can't really take your vote seriously because it's just an OMGUS

bowmore posted:

Well I voted for you and five minutes later your voting me

clearly not an omgus

Dislike these posts. Backtracking. Reads false.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm sitting in the back of a car trying to type this while on the road, so forgive me for grammar and informal posting style.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What do you think of the other players?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Cool, but do you have any opinions on individual players?

Getting really good vibes out of fiery_valkyrie. Like how she's engaging with Gridlocked. Interested in playing the game and getting people to contribute.

Gridlocked posted:

This is all just opinions mind:

It's the first vote man. It maybe my first Mafia game but I am fairly sure it is entirely either meta orA baseless voting for random rear end reasons. It's not like a game of Rebellion where we are sitting around a table and can look for physical reactions to voting.

I think everyones just arguing because they are paranoid as hell they will be the day 1 sacrificial lamb and want to make sure they aren't getting pinged day 2 for their behaviour in day 1 discussions.

I also think the only people who care about day 1 votes should be mafia members trying not to get one of their buddies taken out by bad luck. Townies have basically nothing to go on and this is just a chance to maaaaybe take out a mafia member by spinning the wheel and getting to see reactions.

Then again I could be playing this game entirely wrong. :downs: It's my first day.

As for Gridlock himself, I don't get any strong reads. He's very much a new player, a fact which seems pretty self-evident from his content. I struggle to separate that awkwardness from his actual playstyle. That said, nothing about his posts thus far stick out to me as suspicious.

Dead Cow posted:

You didn't vote him.

##vote bowmore

Dead Cow posted:

My opinion is that I don't like his posting very much, and he didn't answer my question.

My vote is on bowmore because he outright lied.

DGK2000 posted:

I think I'd like to point out what DC did, in that Bowmore said he voted Klee during jokephase, but actually never voted him.

##vote Bowmore

Not sure how this is a "gotcha" given what a dumb thing it is to lie about.

Lynch all liars is all fine and good, but idk what motive scum would have to draw attention to themselves with something that can be so easily checked. How does it benefit a scum player to lie about it? Don't like bowmore but not sure I get the case on this one. I agree with Poque on the lie issue (1)

The much more damning thing to me is the inconsistency in bowmore's reads. As DGK points out (2) bowmore goes from calling kleedrac's self-vote suspicious to voting WWM for finding issue in the same vote. I don't get a sense of consistency from bowmore's content; it reads entirely like he's looking for someone convenient to lynch more than he's trying to find scum.

bowmore posted:

it seems like a silly thing to lie about, either I forgot i didn't vote him in the heat of the moment because wwm was bugging me or I was talking about voting DGK

also lynch all liars seems like something reserved for night actions, seems like you just want to force a heavy handed lynch through on a confused town

bowmore posted:

wow that is terrible logic, you are saying my "lie" that was really obvious and easily checked was done on purpose so I could pretend to make a mistake, be confused then do this little exchange because I am too smart to have made the mistake of thinking I voted for someone when I didn't

What????

this is a really heavy handed reasoning, trying to force my lynch by yelling lynch all liars at every opportunity, kind of feels like Tony when he says "Stop the boats"

This is gut and substantiated only by my own experiences playing scum, but bowmore reads as tonally inconsistent here. His style is very casual and for the moment, bowmore shifts into very careful phrasing and explanation. Reads to me like a scum player getting told by his buddies what to say to get him out of this situation, that they realize he's messed up and are making sure he corrects the situation. In Game of Thrones mafia, I messed up and had my scum buddies try to salvage the situation by telling me what I should post.

##vote: bowmore

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quandary posted:

Shanakin how many games have you played?

None, but I'm getting a really serious new scum vibe out of his posts. His latest "content" post (1) throws a lot of names around without making any real commitments, like he feels obligated to talk about them. His attempt to use the post edit as a case (2) is excessive even for a new player and I find posting about being unable to post almost always to be a scum stalling tactic.

Not going to vote him yet because I'm still processing information, but he's definitely a suspicious character.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

DGK2000 posted:

Hey can we just lynch me already to town can finish losing this game? Thanks.

##vote DGK.

Don't do that, man. Give people a reason to not believe you are scum. Give me reads, thoughts, anything.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

bowmore posted:

this is exactly the response self voting scum want

I've not changed my outlook on DGK. I just find self-voting a little pathetic.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

DGK2000 posted:

Oh yeah, this is totally a solid town thing to say in any alignment.

It actually is, though?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

Calm Down DGK.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Grandicap posted:

It is still holiday weekend and I am only reading in the barest of senses, but there are more votes than I am comfortable with flying at DGK. This is a terrible idea with a flipped doc already, but.

I am a Cop.
N1 I investigated DGK and got a TOWN result.

I planned on making a case somewhere else after holiday weekend ended and moved the thread off of DGK with my fabulous mafia abilities, but since I am only going to be around in the barest of senses I think there would have been a good chance he would have been lynched before I got around to it. So, I'm taking the easy way out and claiming. Please look elsewhere.

Why did you investigate DGK? Why not Kleedrac, who you focused a significant amount of time on yesterday and encouraged people to vote for (1) (2) (3)?

Why claim on D2? A mislynch is bad but potentially losing both the doctor and the cop on consecutive nights seems almost inordinately worse.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MAFIA EDIT: I'm inclined to believe Grandicap's claim for the time being, just because I haven't noticed anything particularly suspicious about his behavior and because his claim is still uncountered. Nonetheless, I would warn against discounting DGK outright. I agree with those saying that we should shift our focus for the time being and see how the situation plays out.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Grandi, why claim D2 after the doctor has turned up dead?

Dead Cow posted:

##vote bowmore

I still think this is a good choice.

Dead Cow, I might have missed it, but would you explain why you think bowmore's "lie" (1) is so malicious? To me that particular incident seems like a non-issue. Either bowmore was referring to kleedrac, and made a mistake (2)[/url[, or he was vague with his language and really meant DGK, which he has already stated [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3719410&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post445624356](3). Viewing the incident from bowmore's perspective, I understand his confusion.

It's so easy to go back and check that I cannot imagine a scum player thinking they can benefit from such a thing. How do you understand the incident?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gridlocked posted:

So what you're a cult then.

I'll confirm what MADNESS is saying. DGK, MADNESS, and myself are members of a confirmed mason group, of which I am a recruiter. Up to three people at a time can be members of the group. If I try to recruit scum, then everyone in the mason group dies. I had initially recruited fiery_valkyrie N1, and with her gone we needed to make a replacement last night. Consequently, MADNESS and myself had to put our heads together to figure out who we could safely recruit. DGK was the most obvious answer. Our reasoning was pretty much as follows:

After going through the last few days, we noticed that both DGK and Dead Cow had been pushed really hard as lynch candidates by bowmore, and to a lesser extent Meinberg.One doesn't really have to look very far in bowmore's post history to see DGK being called "scummy as poo poo" (1). The same is also true for Dead Cow, who is attacked for her "terrible scum play," (2) but to a lesser extent. bowmore pushes really really hard for DGK's lynch (3), (4), (5) and I'm a little surprised that I didn't notice it earlier. Meinberg similarly pushes for his death (6), (7). We really doubted that scum would bus their ally that much, and our suspicions were confirmed with DGK's successful recruitment last night.

This successful recruitment leaves us with Dead Cow, Gridlocked, Quandary, and Shanakin. As I've mentioned, MADNESS and I have similarly strong doubts that Dead Cow is scum. Not only do scum attack her (see above), but she's also one of bowmore's most outspoken critics. She's the first person to pick up on bowmore's "lie" (7) and one of the few people to continue pressure on him throughout the day (8), (9), (10). I cannot conceive of any scum player wanting their ally to die so badly, especially when that ally is a Mafia Janitor. It's almost ridiculous to think, after the back and forth between Meinberg, bowmore, and Dead Cow, that she is scum. Let's dismiss Dead Cow, saying that it is highly unlikely that she is scum.

Gridlocked, as has been mentioned, is a sweet infant child whose innocence remains untainted by the harsh realities of Kerm. Though I often have issues with the outcomes of his analyses, these outcomes are the result of mistakes that I would anticipate a newbie townie to make. He makes cases (11), and is THE most active member of the town (12). While it is possible for a scum player to do both these things, I doubt from my personal experience that a brand new player would be capable of doing both. He lacks any of the awkwardness and non-commital reads that one should anticipate from a new scum player. Let's dismiss Gridlocked by saying that he is unlikely to be scum.

This brings us to Quandary, whom I really consider one of the biggest mysteries in the game. In a game with suspicions raging over bowmore, Dead Cow, DGK, and others, Quandary has really thrived in the background. Very few people have talked about him at all and he's been satisfied leaving the occasional post to show that he's still here without being in the heart of debate. Lurky would be one way to describe him, if I wasn't already the least active player in the game. What immediately sticks out for me when I go through Quandary's post history is just how non-committal he is about many things. In one of his first serious votes against Shanakin, he names off DGK and Dead Cow as other people that he would be comfortable with lynching (13). He makes a very similar post later on, stating that Shanakin's posts are "newbie scum 101" before proceeding to list other players he would be willing to lynch, including: DGK, Meinberg, and Dead Cow (14). That's an entire fourth of the surviving player-base and virtually everyone who has been mentioned as a potential lynch. It doesn't sound like he's providing genuine reads or searching for scum. He's just looking for someone to lynch. Reading over his other content, he is one of the players to defend bowmore (15) and is one of the early players to attack Shanakin (16). While I largely agree with his criticisms, if he's scum then Shanakin is an easy target. Let's put Quandary down as likely scum.

Finally, we can review Shanakin. I've talked a little about Shanakin before (17) and tried to emphasize just how shady he comes off. While it is true that he's a brand new player (18) and should be held to a different standard, almost every single post of his pings me. He throws lots of names around without making any recommendations, as though he is naming people off because people expect him to (19). He does attack bowmore, but it is on something as inconsequential as a post edit and when it looks like he might be modkilled (20). He goes in for an easy lynch (21) and then immediately backs off when someone calls him on it (22). He tries to use bowmore mid-day death to vindicate himself, implying that he was one of the main pushers and shakers against bowmore and should be dismissed as a result (23). I don't feel good when I look at Shanakin.

These fears are substantiated when one looks at bowmore's post history. Throughout the game, bowmore provided a plethora of reads. When asked about his thoughts on Shanakin, however, he delayed providing an answer. He hasn't " paid much attention yo shanakin, will read" (24). When asked about it again, he says that he "still [hasn't] had time to read Shanakin, today maybe" (25). If we understand Shanakin as newbie scum, then these posts come off as someone trying to defend their buddy without implicating themselves. He's not going to provide flames to the fire that is Shanakin's lynch, but he cannot tie himself to someone who looks incredibly suspicious. The best he can do is dismiss the issue and refocus on people, like Dead Cow (26). If he is town, then Shanakin is an immensely easy target, because he has provided a whole boatload of bad content. It's simply mind-boggling that they would have ignored such a good target. Shanakin, in my eyes, is highly likely scum.

MADNESS and myself are agreed on a whole host of issues, but I think Shanakin is a better lynch than Quandary. I would not object if we do end up lynch Quandary instead, as he is suspicious in his own way, but for the time being I am sold on Shanakin.

##vote: Shanakin

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

That post ended up being a bit longer than I anticipated and I still have to catch up post-wise, so here's a chart I made last night depicting every read bowmore and Meinberg made in the game. Red is obviously for the dead.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

DGK2000 posted:

Now it is time to call out QPQ for being scum.

u jerk

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Shanakin posted:

I'm gonna laugh so hard if I get popped and then everyone is all surprised to see I'm not scum.

It's 12:40am so I'm going to bed now, but for now you've made good points about Dead Cow, so I'm gonna swap to my other option

##Vote Quandary

I'll answer whatever questions people want in the morning if they feel so inclined. Or not, if I wake up dead. Eitherway is fine.

Usually when a person is about to by lynched they:
1.) Provide any and all reads they might have to help the town proceed in the event of their death;
2.) Provide any reason why they should NOT be killed, such as an explanation for their behavior or secret Ace that proves they are not scum;
3.) Claim

I would recommend doing those to help us all out!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'd like to give Shanakin a chance to give his final thoughts in the event that he has EARTH SHATTERING INFORMATION, but I've played through today several times in my head and there's not many ways this day can play out. In the improbable event that Shanakin doesn't flip scum I'll recruit Quandary tonight and we will https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIoBrob3bjI.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gridlocked posted:

That is a pretty amazing post.

Have a flow chart Shanakin and I made while he was flying planes and I was watching Magic vids over the last few hours:

You can replace instances of Dead Cow with instances of Quandary and vice versa.
I am still pretty sure Shanakin isn't scummy but as a test of your theories I would be happy to vote for Quandary like WWM as he was with DC on our list of scum.

Just out of curiosity, why did you assume WWM was a cop in your flowchart?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I think you both are allowing your personal relationship with the other cloud your judgement of content in the thread. While such information might be useful to you both as supplementary material (meta), it comes off as a little obtuse to the other players who obviously don't have that experience and are unfamiliar with you. Though obvious, it should probably be restated that just because you trust the other in real life, that doesn't mean they are honest within the context of this game.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

jesus christ do you people ever sleep

stop commiting suicide you loving morons

this game has gone from a sure win to undecided because of you lot cant keep it together

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Pretty sure I'm going to vote for Quandary but give me a few minutes to reread.

Why must you break my heart, Dead Cow? : (

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm sorry for that comment earlier. You are all not "loving morons" but instead wonderful people whose interactions I cherish. I just get a bit frustrated when I wake up to mass confusion and death. The case against Dead Cow was immeasurably stupid and I feel bad for anyone who took any town player who took interest in it. Thankfully, I have high expectations for Quandary and don't think he would start that kind of a case if he were town. He's been off the entire game, as DGK illustrated yesterday.

Further, if Gridlocked were scum, I am almost positive he would have hammered on Quandary yesterday. There's no reason for him to suddenly turn on Dead Cow as scum, because it makes him look worse. I also like his attempt to unvote after Dead Cow's self-vote. I do not think a newbie scum player would be that smart. I also don't think that a newbie scum player would have flown under the radar of literally everyone in this game. If Gridlocked is scum, then he has fooled literally everyone.

So, with that said, let's go with the simplest of scenarios:

##vote: Quandary

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Gridlocked posted:

Ahhhh stop making me the one to decide the way the game goes. I can feel the ghosts of every player watching going "Watch Grid gently caress it up for us again."

is it really that much of a choice

really

like, after i have claimed and had my claim confirmed by two separate people

????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quandary posted:

##unvote , ##vote qpq

If gridlocked was the last scum he would have just hammered me. I'm not sure what's going on but it has to be qpq

lol

gridlocked, just use your brain and vote for the only person who can actually be scum.

• Locked thread