Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The port city of Rubirge is the regional capital for the Ruby Coast, named for its glimmering red waters caused by coral blooms far below the surface. Its docks are some of the most bustling avenues of trade in Arrentia, helping to connect the Empire to her many distant corners. But this story isn't about the greed of its merchants or the intrigue in its mansions, but rather the city's more humble class of citizen.
The urchins of Rubirge live in the shadow of wealth and power but have neither. Still, they manage to eke out an existence whatever way they can - usually petty burglary and pickpocketing. One gang, the Talons, managed to break into the home of one of the Ruby Merchants and steal three magic coins. Though, they didn't know the coins were magickal, they just wanted to sell them at the market for some steak and bread and wine. Would that they had known, though, then maybe they could have avoided the diresome happenings which were about to befall them.
As the gang gathered in their alley and looked at their spoils, the coins began to hypnotize them. With a coin in their hands the holder felt powerful beyond measure, like they could, with the flip of their coin, leave this rotten neighborhood behind and live in luxury. They began to quarrel, each orphaned girl and boy wanting the coins for themselves. Soon they lost sight of the coins - someone had palmed them! - and the children fought each other in earnest trying to find their treasure.
Suddenly there was a flash of metal, a cry of pain, and a splash of blood. When the dust cleared, one of the urchins was dead, a metal dagger lodged in the boy's throat. The urchins stood in an uneasy circle around each other - someone in their midst was a murderer. With nobody stepping forward with a confession, and with all three coins still unaccounted for, the Talons had to trust no one.

Welcome to this mafia game!

This is a game for 13 players.

The standard mafia rules apply here.

Note that for this game (part of my "Stories of Love and Hate: The Redemption of Arrentia" series), normal votefinder rules apply. Vote and unvote at your leisure, we live in a brave new world of machines and technocracies.

Anyone is welcome to sign up but preferential treatment will be given to players who:
- Are new and interested in seeing what mafia is like;
- Played one of my buzzfeed things in the thread (I wrote your names down); and/or
- Are not a lurker or jerker irl

And here we go!
Player list:
  1. bowmore
  2. Dead Cow
  3. DGK2000
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. Grandicap
  6. Gridlocked
  7. Kleedrac
  8. Meinberg
  9. Poque Asiina
  10. Quandary
  11. QuoProQuid
  12. Shanakin
  13. WHICH WAY MADNESS

Night 0: Fronz, Francis, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 1: The town failed to execute anyone how sad.
Night 1: Kleedrac, Iunius Argos, Smart Kid (town-aligned doctor), died.
Day 2, Afternoon: bowmore, Peri Dy'neh, Heartless Monster (mafia-aligned janitor), daykilled. fiery_valkyrie, Edith Megalos, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), daykilled. Meinberg, Nuade, Psycho (mafia-aligned suicide bomber), died.
Day 2, Evening: Asiina, Ismet Jordanou, Evangelical (town-aligned faith healer), modkilled.
Night 2: Grandicap, Oza, Leader (town-aligned naive cop), died.
Day 3: Shanakin, Semir, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 3: WHICH WAY MADNESS, Michelos Cuneyt, Big Brother (town-aligned mason recruiter), died.
Day 4: Dead Cow, Simone Agricola, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: DGK2000, Serhan, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 5: Quandary, Ezra Noor, Brutal Child (mafia-aligned assassin), executed

GAME OVER
TOWN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
We got 12 signups! Just need one more!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Ill do it if you sign up for my game.

Oh no I won't fall for this again.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

That was poor timing on my part because i didnt have much time then.

You will be the first replacement.

Hooray thanks Meinberg! Game starts tomorrow night, and that's an Ecco PromiseTM.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
An Ecco PromiseTM is the cheap former-Soviet-bloc knockoff of a normal promise.

DGK2000 posted:

If I recall correctly, Ecco only pulled a Tao Jones once.

I've never pulled a tao jones!! Tao disappears, I'm always around. I think once though I just was on the struggletrain to nowheretown and had to reschedule it for a few months later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Gridlocked posted:

Can you explain how this will work for me please Ecco?
Oh okay!

Okay well I have a setup ready (e.g. 5 mafia, 3 cops, 2 doctors, 5 vanilla town). I will use a random number generator to see who gets which roles. I will then write a Role PM for everyone, which will include: your role, your alignment, and your flavor "character" (who are you? what's your deal? why do you want these coins to badly?). The character is just flavor but I always secretly reward people who roleplay.

You and everyone else will receive their PMs tomorrow night (probably around 8pm eastern/5pm pacific). The game will then begin; vote by typing ##vote player, our automatic vote-counting-robot will keep tabs on them. Post and try to find scum, or likewise try to hide and get townies to vote each other. :hehe:

Good luck! If you have any further questions about Mafia: As She Is Played, just ask in the thread. Everyone in this game is being compelled to tell you truthful and objective answers about how mafia works under penalty of modkill.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

bowmore posted:

So is it an open setup?

Yeah, it's definitely the setup I posted above.

Gridlocked posted:

We get a 24 hour period to chat and vote right? And votes go in the thread not PMs to you?

You'll get about 3 RL days, with 1 RL night to submit actions (or discuss with your scumbuddies).

Votes are made in the thread yep.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Here is a wiki!

And here is a helpful flash thing of common and uncommon roles with fun little pictures.

And here is a beginner's guide!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Gridlocked question are you an Shanakin real life friends or internet friends?

If you are real life friends then I am going to preemptively make you Unconfirmed Masons (see the wiki) so you can talk about the game in real life together.

If you are internet friends then I'll probably do the same thing but no promises.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Congrats! I will still use an RNG to figure out everyone's roles like normal, but, consider yourselves Unconfirmed Masons. You may talk freely to each other about the game outside of the thread.

But beware! Now you can't even trust your own friend, since they might be a mafia :hehe:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It is On My Agenda!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The game actually starts tonight!

Come on you guys weren't going to post a storm over the weekend anyway.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray role PMs are out.

Here is the vanilla PM:

quote:

The life of an urchin is a hard one; you never know where or when you'll happen across your next meal, you don't know if you're sleeping tonight on a mat of hay or if the constables would have broken it up by now, and you sometimes fear never waking up due to some murderous thug in the shadows. You either came from a home and feel the absence of what you've lost, or you don't and this hard life is all you've ever known. Now some monsters are fighting over the coins and would rather see you die than give them up. It's time to use your wits to bring them to justice.
You are a townie! You seek to return order to your motley crew of urchins, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated.
You have no exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Here is a vanilla flip:
:s: Fronz, Francis, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

Game begins :siren: NOW :siren: have fun.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 18, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

DGK2000 (2): bowmore, Shanakin
Kleedrac (2): Meinberg, Kleedrac, Gridlocked, -Meinberg, -Kleedrac, Grandicap
Meinberg (1): DGK2000
Poque (1): Meinberg, Grandicap, -Grandicap
bowmore (0): Grandicap, -Grandicap

Not Voting (7): Dead Cow, fiery_valkyrie, Kleedrac, Poque, Quandary, QuoProQuid, WHICH WAY MADNESS

:h: With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kleedrac (4): Meinberg, Kleedrac, Gridlocked, -Meinberg, -Kleedrac, Grandicap, Meinberg, WHICH WAY MADNESS
DGK2000 (2): bowmore, Shanakin
Dead Cow (1): Poque, DGK2000, -DGK2000
Poque (1): Meinberg, Grandicap, -Grandicap, -Meinberg, DGK2000
bowmore (0): Grandicap, -Grandicap
Meinberg (0): DGK2000, -DGK2000

Not Voting (5): Dead Cow, fiery_valkyrie, Kleedrac, Quandary, QuoProQuid

:d: The current deadline is May 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kleedrac (3): Meinberg, Kleedrac, Gridlocked, -Meinberg, -Kleedrac, Grandicap, Meinberg, WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS
WHICH WAY MADNESS (2): fiery_valkyrie, bowmore
bowmore (2): Grandicap, -Grandicap, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Dead Cow
Dead Cow (1): Poque, DGK2000, -DGK2000
DGK2000 (1): bowmore, Shanakin, -bowmore
Poque (1): Meinberg, Grandicap, -Grandicap, -Meinberg, DGK2000
Meinberg (0): DGK2000, -DGK2000

Not Voting (3): Kleedrac, Quandary, QuoProQuid

:d: The current deadline is May 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ALSO: If you have fewer posts than me by the start of Night 1, I am going to send PRODS out to people to have them post more. If they don't pick it up by Night 2, I will be seeking their replacement!

Conversely if you are a player who is expecting to be prodded and aren't sure you can up the posting, you are welcome to ask for a replacement any time! I would love to keep you however.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d:
Turns out I'm skyping with a friend during the deadline (the better stalker would recognize this as the friend who regularly skypes with me during mafia game deadlines both as player and moderator), so the deadline is very very FLOATING.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
For reference my skype date starts in about 10 minutes and normally lasts 1-2 hours, so I mean it when I say it's floating! It's so floating it is lighter than air!!! It is escaping the atmosphere as we speak.

Okay I am done padding my postcount until the deadline, here is a votecount:

Dead Cow (6): Poque, DGK2000, -DGK2000, -Poque, bowmore, Poque, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, DGK2000, Meinberg
bowmore (2): Grandicap, -Grandicap, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Dead Cow, DGK2000, -DGK2000
DGK2000 (1): bowmore, Shanakin, -bowmore
Meinberg (1): DGK2000, -DGK2000, Kleedrac
Kleedrac (1): Meinberg, Kleedrac, Gridlocked, -Meinberg, -Kleedrac, Grandicap, Meinberg, WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS, -Grandicap, -Meinberg
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0): fiery_valkyrie, bowmore, -bowmore, -fiery_valkyrie
Poque (0): Meinberg, Grandicap, -Grandicap, -Meinberg, DGK2000, -DGK2000

Not Voting (2): Quandary, QuoProQuid

:d: The current deadline is May 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- but it is ~FLOATING~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I love my friends, so very very much.

:d: Skype date over, deadline is in :siren: 10 minutes :siren: from this post

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Nope you guys failed. It's ok, you gave it the college try.

The following players are getting prodded (if you are really high on this list don't worry your little heads you're probably going to be ok, if you are low on this list [cough quandary cough cough qpq] you should consider buckling down asap!!):

- Meinberg
- WHICH WAY MADNESS
- Kleedrac
- Shanakin
- QuoProQuid
- Quandary

NIGHT ACTIONS!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Poque is replaced by Asiina

Everyone say hi!

OH WAIT YOU CAN'T IT'S STILL NIGHT SUBMIT YOUR ACTIONS :dance:

UPDATE: dead cow and asiina have very similar usernames.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 22, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The children awoke to find that their smartest kid was murdered during the night. He was the son of wealthy Arrentish merchants before he was abandoned on the streets to live a life of poverty and woe. He once dined on supple pork from the Livireen and drank wine from the rocky hills of Bishadh; now he is a corpse, and soon he will be dirt and dust. The urchins dragged his body to the shore and tossed him into the sea. Hopefully a passing fisherwoman takes pity on him and gives him a proper funeral.

:s: Kleedrac, Iunius Argos, Smart Kid (town-aligned doctor), was stabbed to death night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2
:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 votes to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Tuesday, May 26th, ~11PM EDT. I know this is a holiday weekend so I'm going to be pretty lax with sporadic posting but I expect Tuesday to be :justpost:.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

bowmore posted:

I never edited that post, that's odd

You clearly did. Explain yourself.

bowmore posted:

bowmore hosed around with this message at May 24, 2015 around 19:46

stop this right the hell now you gently caress

Accident or no if I see you edit another post at all I'm going to modkill you god drat.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have literally never before in my entire life heard of a butt edit. And I don't give a hoot regardless, if I see a "bowmore hosed around" again, your butt is grass.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I hope you all had a happy holiday weekend!!

================================

:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Dead Cow (4): fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Gridlocked
Shanakin (2): Quandary, WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS, Dead Cow
bowmore (1): Dead Cow, QuoProQuid, Shanakin, -Shanakin, -Dead Cow
DGK2000 (0): Asiina, WHICH WAY MADNESS, bowmore, Gridlocked, DGK2000, Shanakin, -bowmore, -DGK2000, -Asiina, -Gridlocked, -Shanakin, -WHICH WAY MADNESS
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0): Gridlocked, Shanakin, -Gridlocked, -Shanakin
Meinberg (0): fiery_valkyrie, -fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (5): bowmore, DGK2000, Grandicap, Meinberg, Shanakin

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 26th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 38 minutes.

==================================

Currently the only two players with fewer posts than me are Meinberg and QPQ. They should up their posting in the next day or I will ask them if they want to be replaced! I will deliberately restrict my posting though to give them a very fair shot.

For reference as of this post:
Meinberg 19
QuoProQuid 17

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"FIRE AND BLOOD" shouted Meinberg from the crowd of children. Suddenly Meinberg pulls out a machete and starts hacking away at whoever was nearby. Unfortunately all he got to was bowmore and fiery before he accidentally hacked off his own forearm. He looked at his stub, takes the machete to his throat, and gargles out one more "FIRE AND BLUHUHUHUHU" before he collapses onto the ground into a lump.
That was a thing. Checking Meinberg's body revealed one of the Coins, corrupting his already warped mind. Meanwhile, bowmore and fiery later died as well - bowmore bleeding out, and fiery dying instantly from the head wound. On bowmore's body was yet another one of the Coins, but fiery had nothing but a morsel of bread and a locket with an older man and woman's picture drawn inside.

:s: bowmore, Peri Dy'neh, Heartless Monster (mafia-aligned janitor), was hacked to death day 2. :s:
:s: fiery_valkyrie, Edith Megalos, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), was hacked to death day 2. :s:
:s: Meinberg, Nuade, Psycho (mafia-aligned suicide bomber), committed suicide day 2.
:s:

:c: VOTECOUNT RESET
:h: 9 alive, 5 to execute
:d: Deadline remains the same.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That is so incredibly loving lovely Asiina.

:s: Asiina, Ismet Jordanou, Evangelical (town-aligned faith healer), was modkilled day 2. :s:

Day over. Night actions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
With the rising sun, the Talons saw more death. This time it was their leader, Oza. He ruled with kindness and mercy, and he never once raised his temper at a child for being rude or foolish. He was the best of them, and now he was as dead as an Arrentish locktrout on the Feast of Saint Georgette.

:s: Grandicap, Oza, Leader (town-aligned naive cop), was stabbed to death night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3.
:h: 7 alive, 4 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Thursday, May 28th, ~11PM EDT.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Poor Samir! Nobody trusted him, and so he died.

:s: Shanakin, Semir, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 3. :s:

Night actions!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The night passed by quickly, but come morning, another urchin was dead. Michelos was a beloved older brother to the group; he was one of the oldest of the Talons, which made him very wise and trusted. To see him murdered like that - butchered, really - was heartbreaking.

:s: WHICH WAY MADNESS, Michelos Cuneyt, Big Brother (town-aligned mason recruiter), was stabbed to death night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4.
:h: 5 alive, 3 to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Thursday, May 28th, ~11PM EDT.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Whoops I murdered Quandary instead of Shanakin. It's been resolved just pretend like that's how it's always been.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey it's typical to stop posting when the hammer falls thanks!

:s: Dead Cow, Simone Agricola, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 4. :s:

Night actions!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Another night, faster than the last. The urchins were so anxious from the drama of the previous days that they could barely sleep. One, however, will never wake again.

:s: DGK2000, Serhan, Urchin (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

It is now Day 5.
:h: 3 alive, 2 to execute.
:d: There is no deadline.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Friendly mod request: even though when hammer falls the game is over, still please don't postpostpost until I'm there to process it and end the game officially. It's a pet peeve of mine. Thanks!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The three remaining Talons stared each other down. Finally, Gridlock, the deciding vote, helped QPQ grab Quandary and drag him to a dark alley corner. Quandary struggled and squirmed and tried his hardest to resist, but alas, in the end the two other boys had successfully overpowered him and strangled the life out of him. Checking his pocket revealed the third and final Kermish coin. Gridlock and QPQ put it in a small leather satchel and together threw the coins into the water, hoping to never see them again. They then shook each other's hands, hugged, and parted ways, never to see each other again in this lifetime. So it was that the Talons were destroyed by their greed and violence, nudged over the edge by a trio of enchanted coins. Their capers would be lost to memory, their feeling of togetherness and belonging sunk beneath the lapping waves of the Ruby Coast, their entire life story an unwound thread from the vast tapestry of existence.
But so it goes.

:s: Quandary, Ezra Noor, Brutal Child (mafia-aligned assassin), was executed day 5. :s:

ALL MAFIA-ALIGNED PLAYERS ARE ELIMINATED.
THE TOWN HAS WON
GAME OVER

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Coins of Kerm

A Game for 13 players

- 3 Mafia
--- 1 Assassin
--- 1 Janitor
--- 1 Suicide Bomber. Can publicly kill self and one other player, does not know who the mafia are.

- 10 Townies
--- 1 Mason Recruiter. Can only have 3 masons at any time. Recruiter and all masons die if the recruiter targets scum.
--- 1 Mason, pre-recruited.
--- 1 Naive Cop. Becomes a sane cop if recruited.
--- 1 Doctor. Becomes bulletproof if recruited.
--- 1 Faith Healer. Becomes a one-shot resurrector if recruited.
--- 5 Vanilla

=============================

Player List:

1) Quandary - Ezra Noor - Brutal Child (mafia-aligned assassin)
2) bowmore - Peri Dy'neh - Heartless Monster (mafia-aligned janitor)
3) Meinberg - Nuade - Psycho (mafia-aligned suicide bomber)
4) WHICH WAY MADNESS - Michelos Cuneyt - Big Brother (town-aligned mason recruiter)
5) QuoProQuid - Mahmed Cuneyt - Little Brother (town-aligned mason)
6) Grandicap - Oza - Leader (town-aligned cop)
7) Kleedrac - Iunius Argos - Smart Kid (town-aligned doctor)
8) Poque Asiina - Ismet Jordanou - Evangelical (town-aligned faith healer)
9) DGK2000 - Serhan - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
10) Dead Cow - Simone Agricola - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
11) Gridlocked - Avici - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
12) Shanakin - Semir - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
13) fiery_valkyrie - Edith Megalos - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)

===============================

NIGHT ACTIONS:

Day 1:
Town fails to execute

Night 1:
Quandary kills Kleedrac
WWM recruits FV
Grandi naiveinvestigates DGK (TOWN)
Kleedrac protects bowmore (lol)
Asiina faithprotects Grandicap

Day 2:
Meinberg kills: bowmore, fiery
Town executes nobody, asiina modkilled herself, what a jerk move.

Night 2:
Quandary kills Grandicap
WWM recruits DGK
Grandi naiveinvestigates Shanakin

Day 3:
Town executes Shanakin

Night 3:
Quandary kills WWM

Day 4:
Town executes Dead Cow

Night 4:
Quandary kills DGK

Day 5:
Town executes Quandary

GAME OVER

===============================

ROLE PMS:

Quandary - Ezra Noor - Brutal Child (mafia-aligned assassin)
People never listen to you. All you want is just to have people hear you when you talk, to take you seriously. But they never do - you're the youngest of the Talons and they treat you like a baby. But you're not a baby. You're not a baby. As you play with the coin in your pocket you decide you'll show them how grown up you truly are.
You are a mafioso! You stole a coin and desire them all for yourself, and as such, win when only mafia-aligned players remain in the game or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Quandary and bowmore. The two of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment, share a collective nightkill, and may talk freely OOT.
Additionally, the coin in your pocket glows in your mind with a powerful energy. You feel you can do things you've never done before. Like murder people. If you perform the nightkill, your kills cannot be stopped by doctors or roleblocks.
You are an assassin and you are mafia-aligned!

bowmore - Peri Dy'neh - Heartless Monster (mafia-aligned janitor)
The other kids don't like you. They don't like being around you. They find you unpleasant; it's not your fault you always tell the truth about what you see, and that everyone is truly terrible except for you. That's just fate! And so you're left alone when they go on pickpocket runs and burglary raids. You spend most of your time just playing with the rats, stabbing them and splitting them open with your knives. Still, it would be nice if everyone loved you. Everyone deserves to love you. You managed to snag one of the coins, and with it in your fingers, you feel empowered. Yeah, they have to love you. They must learn to love you.
You are a mafioso! You stole a coin and desire them all for yourself, and as such, win when only mafia-aligned players remain in the game or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Quandary and bowmore. The two of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment, share a collective nightkill, and may talk freely OOT.
To assist your goal, you are a skilled dissector of corpses, and the coin in your pocket gives you newfound strength of will. If you perform the nightkill, you will brutally destroy the corpse making it unidentifiable. Note though that you may only use this power twice, and you may not use your power two nights in a row (if Quandary dies you may perform a normal nightkill if it would conflict with this restriction).
You are a janitor and you are mafia-aligned.

Meinberg - Nuade - Psycho (mafia-aligned suicide bomber)
Fire and blood. Flames cleanse the world of its iniquity while blood clears the soul. If all the wicked and evil people were burned, with their blood used to wash the good, the world would be a far better place. You keep these thoughts to yourself since everyone else doesn't seem to like them very much, but, ever since you managed to snag one of the coins, you feel a lot more... indignant. You've been living in poverty for as long as you can remember. You demand justice. You demand to bring the world to its knees!
You are a mafioso! You stole a coin and now desire to clear the world of all evil, and as such, win when only mafia-aligned players are alive or nothing can stop the same. You know there are two other mafiosos out there, but neither do you know who they are, nor they you. If they try to nightkill you, though, you'll be recruited into their scumteam and can then chat with them freely OOT.
To assist your goal, you have readied an old machete you found in one of the Talons' burglary raids. At any point during the day, you may type ##fire and blood. You will then brutally murder the person who posted right before you; you have a 50% chance of killing the person who posted before them; 25% of the poster before them, and so on until you fail. You will also have a 50% chance of killing anyone who posts immediately after you.
Unfortunately, this kills the Meinberg.
You are a suicide bomber and you are mafia-aligned.

WHICH WAY MADNESS - Michelos Cuneyt - Big Brother (town-aligned mason recruiter)
You've been the oldest member of the Talons for a few years now ever since Jerome got caught filching a pearl necklace and getting shipped to a work camp in Rossetia. You have gained a great deal of trust among the other urchins, and you have used that trust with care. But now you see them fighting over shiny coins, even killing each other for them - well that just won't do. You need to step in and be the responsible almost-adult, whether they like it or not.
You are a townie! You seek to return order to your motley crew of urchins, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated.
You are also the oldest member of the Talons, and are therefore widely trusted and respected. You can easily leverage that trust into a network of confidants and friends - you may go to a player's home at night and recruit them into a confirmed town masonry. You even start out with a masonry: your little brother Mahmed (QuoProQuid), and the two of you are confirmed town to each other. However, you can only ever have three members total (including yourself). Additionally, if you recruit a scum player, everyone in the masonry will die the same night. So be careful.
You are a mason recruiter and you are town-aligned.

QuoProQuid - Mahmed Cuneyt - Little Brother (town-aligned mason)
You've lived in his influence all your life - your parents died when you were very little, but your big brother Michelos has given you protection when life attacked you, pushed you to your potential when you needed it, and has always looked out for you even in the darkest of times. Like now. People are getting murdered over stupid coins; you cling to your brother's arm, knowing he is someone you can trust always and forever.
You are also in a masonry with your big brother Michelos (WHICH WAY MADNESS). You are confirmed town to each other and may talk OOT freely.
You are a mason and you are town-aligned.

Grandicap - Oza - Leader (town-aligned cop)
Leading a wacky team of orphans is no easy task. These kids are still just kids, and sometimes they get rowdy and need to be put in line. But, though you're not the oldest, or the wisest, or the strongest, you have what they all lack - the ability to get their respect. They love and trust you beyond any doubt, because you've earned it, and they have in turn confided in you their deepest secrets, fears, worries, and hopes and dreams. You always knew some of them were bad eggs, but now you need to hunt down who has decided to go rogue and lead the Talons back to being a team again.
Additionally as the leader of the Talons you know everyone on the team better than anyone else. You may comb through your diaries at night and see what if anything you've written about players, and determine who among them has a wicked soul who could be corrupted by some shiny metal, and who would remain true and faithful despite it all - that is, whether they are SCUM or TOWN.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

Kleedrac - Iunius Argos - Smart Kid (town-aligned doctor)
You are, for lack of a better word, a nerd. You came from a family of Ruby Merchants, whose ancestors included the legendary Queen Krelo the Great, and so you received the finest education a Kermish kid could get. That is, until your parents were arrested for grand embezzlement, smuggling, tax evasion, bribing government officials, and littering. Your family's assets were all seized and you were sent to the dirtiest orphanage in Rubirge. The smartest thing you ever did was blow out of there in the first week. On the streets for a few days you ran into the Talons, who happily took you in as one of their own. You used your brains whatever way you could - usually healing up scrapes and bruises, and helping them plan their burglary raids and pickpocket runs. Now, with kids apparently dedicated to murdering each other, you need to use all your brains to keep everyone together.
You are also a very smart kid; you know a lot about how to fix a broken limb, how to clean a wound, and use beginner white magic spells to heal more serious injuries. During the night you may target a player in the game and protect them from all harm.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

Poque Asiina - Ismet Jordanou - Evangelical (town-aligned faith healer)
Your parents were unbelievers; they only valued money and power, and used people for their own personal gain. You almost fell into that same lifestyle, but, one night, something magical happened. The Goddesses, red and yellow and green, appeared to you in a dream; they warned you to shun your fathers, to cast away the wickedness of their life and to live in harmony and peace with the natural world. And so that very night you packed a bindle and fled home, trading an opulent coastal mansion for a humble alleyway. You found the Talons within a few weeks, and you felt in your soul that you were to protect these kids, giving them whatever food and shelter you could scrape together, preaching the mercy and guidance of the Goddesses. Now it appears some of them are choosing to follow a path of murder and violence; you will need to stay strong in your faith, so as to endure the oncoming storm.
Additionally, though you are not even yet a man, you have been touched by religious fervor. During the night you may pray over a player as they sleep; there is a chance that they will survive the night from all harm. The chance is variable depending on factors beyond your contr-- er I mean, the Lady works in mysterious ways.
You are a faith healer and you are town-aligned.

DGK2000 - Serhan - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
Dead Cow - Simone Agricola - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
Gridlocked - Avici - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
Shanakin - Semir - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
fiery_valkyrie - Edith Megalos - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
The life of an urchin is a hard one; you never know where or when you'll happen across your next meal, you don't know if you're sleeping tonight on a mat of hay or if the constables would have broken it up by now, and you sometimes fear never waking up due to some murderous thug in the shadows. You either came from a home and feel the absence of what you've lost, or you don't and this hard life is all you've ever known. Now some monsters are fighting over the coins and would rather see you die than give them up. It's time to use your wits to bring them to justice.
You have no exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- This game was a remake of my record-breaking Settlers of Yucatan, where the suicide bomber destroyed 3/4 of the scumteam on day 1. History does have a way of repeating itself.
- Lots of negative emotions were floating around this game, I don't like that one bit. I hope you all calm down more in the future.
--- Remember that we are always presenting our hobby to a community of observers, and if we look like we're having fun and enjoying ourselves, others will want to join us. This is doubly true when there are new players here.
--- On that note, stop condescending to newer players!! I mean crikey!
- Quandary was pretty resigned night 4, but I think if he had killed QPQ instead of DGK and claimed an insane cop result on Gridlocked he might have had the edge needed to eke out a victory.
- It was a game that happened, it wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst, but that's totally okay. Though I think it'll mostly be noteworthy as the game that broke Asiina.

• Locked thread