Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
Is this the first bad season of game of thrones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
turns out when you kill off popular characters a show becomes boring

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Watch vikings, it's better.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

stannis gonna gently caress poo poo up then get anticlimatically killed by brienne

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Hobohemian posted:

Watch vikings, it's better.

I watch that too for hot viking people.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
HBO should have just kept rolling with Rome.

That fat fucker is never gonna finish the books and HBO went all in on a series that has been treading water in the plot sea for two books now.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
maybe they should *HNNNGGGG* just carry on with *SHITS SELF*

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Dead Gay Romans posted:

HBO should have just kept rolling with Rome.

That fat fucker is never gonna finish the books and HBO went all in on a series that has been treading water in the plot sea for two books now.

They've actually mostly stopped following the books this season so any boringness is now firmly the fault of the show writers.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
This season is going so badly I would't be suprised if they tell Martin to get hosed and just do whatever the hell they want next season. This one seems like they trying to salvage a trainwreck by compressing the book poo poo as best they can.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 11, 2015

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

what episode are they on now?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

They've actually mostly stopped following the books this season so any boringness is now firmly the fault of the show writers.

The funny part is that the books are barely any better, and the last two took eleven years to get.

The next time you show watchers want to bitch remember that book readers had to wait eleven years to find out what happened to Dany and Tyrion after the end of last season. Now remember that what happened to them wasn't even any good.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Hobohemian posted:

This season is going so badly I would't be suprised if they tell Martin to get hosed and just do whatever the hell they want next season. This one seems like they trying to salvage a trainwreck by compressing the book poo poo as be as best they can.

thats pretty much what they are doing already

also new season owns so far imo

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Ginette Reno posted:

Also who did those 18 year old casting couch rejects bang to get the sand snakes role? That whole scene with them was probably the worst of entire show. Cringe worthy.

By and large GoT does have a very talented cast, so those three turds reallllly stick out like sore thumbs.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

The funny part is that the books are barely any better, and the last two took eleven years to get.

The next time you show watchers want to bitch remember that book readers had to wait eleven years to find out what happened to Dany and Tyrion after the end of last season. Now remember that what happened to them wasn't even any good.

we waited 11 years to see dany making GBS threads in the desert

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Also who did those 18 year old casting couch rejects bang to get the sand snakes role? That whole scene with them was probably the worst of entire show. Cringe worthy.

By and large GoT does have a very talented cast, so those three turds reallllly stick out like sore thumbs.

yeah that whole walk burst into badly delivered monologue for no reason was hilarious

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
meereen is unredeemable and I wish that we no longer had dany's perspective there, and were told about it via rumors

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Just change it to Stannis & Friends and bam show is now good.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I thought the season 5 trailer looked boring as poo poo, so it lowered my expectations enough that it seems pretty good so far.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Show is now basically fanfiction anyway since Gurm dude is too busy updating his blogs and whatever to finish his dumb story about little dragon girls taking wet shits etc etc etc etc

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Have they finished showing the leaked episodes yet?

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

babypolis posted:

thats pretty much what they are doing already

also new season owns so far imo

What do you think is good about it?

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

meereen is unredeemable and I wish that we no longer had dany's perspective there, and were told about it via rumors

Meereem is bad, also why did it take half the season for stannis to get off his rear end? *5 hours of hand-wringing and dialogue about marching south and wildlings*

The only good part of this season is Arya

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

POWERBALL posted:

Meereem is bad, also why did it take half the season for stannis to get off his rear end? *5 hours of hand-wringing and dialogue about marching south and wildlings*

The only good part of this season is Arya

I don't remember the boring episodes from a month ago sorry, this season started yesterday and it didn't have Arya.

Stannis being cool at the wall is okay, wish he got more screen time though.

I like john talking to aemon:
John: I have to make a tough decision that no one will like
Aemon: Do it human being
John: You don't even know what it is....
Aemon: Be a man

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
this is the first season ive watched week by week sober, instead of binge-watching it drunk, and the show appears to have suffered for this change

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

we waited 11 years to see dany making GBS threads in the desert

This is quite literal by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

-- The American Tolkien

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
it's ok, dwarf mcgee getting hella drunk all the time is pretty cool.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

game of thrones is stupid and i haven't given a fuk about it in a couple seasons. its an excuse of a show for bro dudes to ogle at some tits for an hour.

also george rr martin is a creep and the books are basically him writing his own jackoff material

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

fat pink mast

Fiberoptic Fable
Sep 6, 2011
Hell Gem

Nation posted:

*SHITS SELF*

You read the books too?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Libelous Slander posted:

turns out when you kill off popular characters a show becomes boring

The only character killed off recently that I kind of miss was Joffrey. Like I wanted to see him die horribly since the second he was introduced but I kind of feel like he died too soon. At least he made the show interesting by being a little poo poo.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Junkfist posted:

Just change it to Stannis & Friends and bam show is now good.

lol don't worry he'll be getting killed off soon too. Probably how this season will end.

I'm pretty sure Grum's big plan is to have like 4 lovely little kids and loving Sam and gilly be the only ones left in the end, and then Sam shits on gills tits on the Iron throne.

THE END. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Solemn Lemons posted:

You read the books too?

its the only reason i watch the show, going to be an epic scene in television history

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
The books also get a lull in it, but at least political intrigue is fun to read not so much to watch. Constant battles are meaningless without setting the stage. Daenarys turning kings landing into harrenhal and white walkers smothering the land in endless winter will be nice, eventually.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Why did they even bother with that episode last night, nothing happened at all.

Also I guess since Jorah has secret grayscale they aren't going to gently caress with the whole Connington/Griff plot at all?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm kind of butthurt that Barristan died like that. 4-5 dudes with knives kill Barristan the Bold? Pppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Fine kill him but at least give him a good fight scene goddamn.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

The only character killed off recently that I kind of miss was Joffrey. Like I wanted to see him die horribly since the second he was introduced but I kind of feel like he died too soon. At least he made the show interesting by being a little poo poo.

drat straight. Tywin, too.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

King Vidiot posted:

same and im glad ramsey bolton is around to fill the "incredibly lovely person who is fun to watch and makes an amazing villian" niche

joffrey was a horrendous piece of poo poo who got what he deserved, but it was pretty fun watching him chew scenery

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Bold Robot posted:

Also I guess since Jorah has secret grayscale they aren't going to gently caress with the whole Connington/Griff plot at all?

Oh, about that: does grayscale turn you into a loving zombie or what? It's always seemed like a pretty garish skin condition and nothing but.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

I'm kind of butthurt that Barristan died like that. 4-5 dudes with knives kill Barristan the Bold? Pppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Fine kill him but at least give him a good fight scene goddamn.

They should have done it oldboy style, 1 v 30 in a hallway. They were even in a hallway.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Bold Robot posted:

Didn't Daenerys chain up a bunch of rich folk and had her dragons roast one and rip him apart in front of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Why have one type of zombies when you can have- two types of zombies. Good thing zombies aren't currently played the gently caress out.

• Locked thread