Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Hey now, I'm pretty sure you just used a real-life power up. I'll let it slide this time because it was a really hard level but c'mon man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Any chance the music could be louder in future videos? It's currently so quiet I can barely hear it.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I really enjoy this let us play so far, especially the music including such fresh artists as deaf clips, is there any chance you will show off any of the 'stop n' swop' features this game added to try and keep up with the Sonic series?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kalonZombie posted:

Hey now, I'm pretty sure you just used a real-life power up. I'll let it slide this time because it was a really hard level but c'mon man.

The use of performance enhancing drugs in LPing is a serious issue and I'm sad to see Turbofan has gone to that level :(

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Brony Hunter posted:

Any chance the music could be louder in future videos? It's currently so quiet I can barely hear it.

Fixed!

kalonZombie posted:

Don't worry I just put the power-up in my inventory.

axelsoar posted:

I really enjoy this let us play so far, especially the music including such fresh artists as deaf clips, is there any chance you will show off any of the 'stop n' swop' features this game added to try and keep up with the Sonic series?

There is a level coming up where it MIGHT be possible but we will see

Here is a new video though enjoy!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5MebzgKXw

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
I'm exciting to see an LP of this game finally presented in such an accurate an informative way! And with such fantastic musical accompaniment too. Bravo, Tubofun!

But switch the audio levels on the music and your mic because currently you're being almost completely drowned out. Don't turn your life into a water level, everyone hates water levels.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mario's jumping wasn't as tight this level. Did you switch to the Kinect controls?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh yeah, I forgot that it flipped upside-down like that. Man it's been a long time since I played this game.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
I once spent an entire summer mastering this game. At least, I thought I had mastered it. This LP is proving me wrong in so many ways!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I haven't actually watched a video, I just wanted to post and say I am the enjoying the videos and to keep it up.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
What patch of this game are you playing? It doesn't look like you've updated to Patch 1.05 yet. It adds some cool features, you should download it and see :)

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Brony Hunter posted:

What patch of this game are you playing? It doesn't look like you've updated to Patch 1.05 yet. It adds some cool features, you should download it and see :)

I am using patch 1.00004 for the first playthru. I will use 1.05 for NG+

AltaBrown posted:

I once spent an entire summer mastering this game. At least, I thought I had mastered it. This LP is proving me wrong in so many ways!

This game proves us all wrong in one way or another

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot that it flipped upside-down like that. Man it's been a long time since I played this game.

Feel free to play along at home!

Spudd posted:

I haven't actually watched a video, I just wanted to post and say I am the enjoying the videos and to keep it up.

I will thank you!

Speaking of, here is the next video!

WARNING! This video contains spoop. if you are easily spooped, then :frogout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITpfKYb8iAg

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009
Have a new update for you all a bit early! We have a very special guest for you in this one as well, I hop you all enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbTczSECea0

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
I'm glad we finally have an expert who can explain all the complexities behind this game. But I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between Longo and Lightning.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

This is cool. I'm glad we have the expert we deserve. I would like to learn more about Longo's phobias if you can get him again.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Requesting you try and get a guest commentator who knows Mario and Longo in real life - or at least the real life people the game characters are based on.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's a mario?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Quick question: Are you going to show off the Playstation version? A lot of people didn't like the FMV cutscenes involving Longo's struggle with her alcoholism, but I found the scene touching.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

kalonZombie posted:

Quick question: Are you going to show off the Playstation version? A lot of people didn't like the FMV cutscenes involving Longo's struggle with her alcoholism, but I found the scene touching.

Only if the ludicrous loading times won't burn him out before it's done!

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

Requesting you try and get a guest commentator who knows Mario and Longo in real life - or at least the real life people the game characters are based on.

I may be able to get an interview going with the two of them. We will see.

kalonZombie posted:

Probably do some of that for NG+

Digital Jello posted:

I'm glad we finally have an expert who can explain all the complexities behind this game. But I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between Longo and Lightning.

We don't see that for awhile but I will bring it up when we get there

Here is a very important episode in Longos timeline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy213QBWsbc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tubofun posted:

Here is a very important episode in Longos timeline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy213QBWsbc

Can you explain how Nintendo managed to pull off their licensing deals for the level music? I was shocked that they got U2

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

Can you explain how Nintendo managed to pull off their licensing deals for the level music? I was shocked that they got U2

Well, you have to remember, Super Mario World came out in the 1990s. U2 was only in its early days back then and wasn't as big as they are now. But Nintendo had an eye for emerging talent and used SMW to showcase the band.

Dare I say, Mario Bros. is probably the reason U2 rocketed to superstardom in the early 00s.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

No guys, remember, the music in the game is really bad, so TurboFun is doing us all a favor and replacing it with better stuff.

I can't believe the Soundtrack to this game was nearly $40. How did they think they could charge so much money for such awful songs?

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

kalonZombie posted:

No guys, remember, the music in the game is really bad, so TurboFun is doing us all a favor and replacing it with better stuff.

I can't believe the Soundtrack to this game was nearly $40. How did they think they could charge so much money for such awful songs?

Yeah, Kalon is right here. There is a U2 song but that wasn't the one.
So, here is some of the original music. I am so sorry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euj1eB9sLXQ

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Holy crap that fish right in front of you did a sick flip at 1:31.

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

Holy crap that fish right in front of you did a sick flip at 1:31.

You have to stare them in the eye, show them who is the real boss. They will back right off every time.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Yeesh, can you believe that folks listen to that garbage for nostalgia?

Also, I know it is a little difficult to talk about, but did you have anything to add about the supposed suicides related to that one song in the game? I think it's just an old uncle's tale but I know some folks will get upset if it isn't brought up.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

My Uncle is a romhacker for the company that made this game and he says he's trying to improve the level's music, but the files are really hard to work with so all he's managed to do is make it sound like dogs are barking.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dog sounds? Does he use the official edit tool, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gdwfXGFLJQ

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009
Today's episode is another water level.
Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkEkSwq6ugE

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm sad that Longo's story has already ended, but you're at least one step closer to getting all the achievements!

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

kalonZombie posted:

I'm sad that Longo's story has already ended, but you're at least one step closer to getting all the achievements!

Fear not, after we do some of Mario's levels, we have to go back and play as Longo as we escape from hell itself!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Thank you for playing this game!

This is the game that defined my childhood and made me what I am today alone and depressed.

I hope you get the secret ending!

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Fredrik1 posted:

Thank you for playing this game!

This is the game that defined my childhood and made me what I am today alone and depressed.

I hope you get the secret ending!

this game makes us all depressed as it tells us the horrible truths of the world. It's a valuable teaching tool for kids that way. Also, I will do the secret ending in NG+

today the LP was recorded in Italian. Hope you enjoy it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev_eFRXvGfg

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm glad you talked about all the hard hitting things in that update. Now what's Mario's take on spicy foods?

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Ich kann nicht deinen Akzent verstehen! ¿De qué zona de Italia eres?

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Tin Hat posted:

Ich kann nicht deinen Akzent verstehen! ¿De qué zona de Italia eres?

Budapest

kalonZombie posted:

I'm glad you talked about all the hard hitting things in that update. Now what's Mario's take on spicy foods?

It's funny you should mention that because the next level is particularly spicy! To prepare for this level I actually ate a bunch of Italy's number 1 spice, Wasabi! I hope you all enjoy this episode! I sure Didn't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdGbJe2-s_k

Tubofun fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 11, 2015

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

You, uh, you okay there, buddy? :ohdear:

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009
Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Your latest video was hit by a copyright thing, it seems. Still works, but it won't play the embedded version here in the thread.

Why does youtube specifically dislike SA threads sometimes?

• Locked thread