Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Best moment of last week?
This poll is closed.
Barrage of buzzer beaters? 39 30.00%
Austin Rivers destroying a basketball team? 46 35.38%
Demarre Carroll's diaherra prevening a win? 14 10.77%
First Team All-Defense? 31 23.85%
Total: 130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I buy league pass just so I can watch Bledsoe. I'm a total fanboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

what the

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

It's funny when people try to say GSW is a jumpshooting team or a three point shooting team. Sure they're the best in the league at shooting threes but they're also second best at shooting 2's while also having the league best defense.

They've put up a season so vastly superior to any other team it would be crazy to see them lose.

Yeah they're looking amazing. Hope the Rockets make it a series.

(Just to defend my point though, Warriors typically keep three men on the arc for a reason)

Rick posted:

The Clippers aren't usually a three point DEPENDENT team they just create a lot of them as a side-effect of their offense. They did look like they were relying on them tonight, though, but I think a lot of that is a byproduct of exhaustion.

Not only do I think the Clippers died on the arc (this game), but the only reason the Rockets are even still around is the 3 point line. Its ok, its a high risk, high reward system. It's a legitimate play style/tactic. It's just very challenging to keep it consistent, especially in a 7 game series. I don't see why everyone gets all huffy about it. Van Gundy even talked about the 3 point revolution at the end of the game (confirming it works for Houston, without mentioning how it failed the Clippers with JJ being impotent front the arc. A team that starts JJ Reddick is 100% counting on 3 pointers as a major part of their game plan).

Warriors looking untouchable, though. That's for sure.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 18, 2015

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Awwww yeah is wayne Frank Fic BRady gonn ahave to choke a clip??? ORckets hosuton CHAMOIONS 2015-2016-2017-2017 7 time champs go ROCKETS

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

The Lakers suck now which is cool but then I remember they've won 16 championships and I get sad

A coworker was looking something up last week and sent me an angry message because the Lakers had been to too many finals

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 18, 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If you only count championships after the ABA/NBA merger, from when it started to be a real sport and not just a silly white guy recreational activity, the Lakers have 10 and the Celtics have 4. The Lakers are good and the Celtics are only a pretty good franchise on par with Detroit, Miami, San Antonio, etc

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you only count championships after the ABA/NBA merger, from when it started to be a real sport and not just a silly white guy recreational activity, the Lakers have 10 and the Celtics have 4. The Lakers are good and the Celtics are only a pretty good franchise on par with Detroit, Miami, San Antonio, etc

I like the way you think

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dejan Bimble posted:

Miami being included in this list is p cool.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Miami being included in this list is p cool.

Not really. Kind of gross.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dejan Bimble posted:

All NBA championships should count but if you're going to change when they count, start with the introduction of the three point line instead. That is the real birthplace of the modern game.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spacebump posted:

All NBA championships should count but if you're going to change when they count, start with the introduction of the three point line instead. That is the real birthplace of the modern game.

We should start with the lockout after the explosion in popularity brought about by the two dream teams; that's really when modern basketball started.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
we should start with 1994-1995 and then 2015-Forever, the Houston Rockets Dynasty CHampionships and the only legit ones

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Nah, we should count if from the start, but not by franchise, but by city. The lakers lose 5 championships, which go to the wolves.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

I don't mean for official records, just as a measure of general franchise quality during the span of time when the NBA was a legitimate sports league rather than a quaint sideshow.

The three point line was a novelty for the great majority of its life. It took until the late 2000s for a plurality of teams to grasp that an extra point was a valuable end of a possession. Before that, and excepting the closer line years, it was ignored until the last 2 minutes of close games.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

joepinetree posted:

Nah, we should count if from the start, but not by franchise, but by city. The lakers lose 5 championships, which go to the wolves.

Do the Clippers get joint custody of the Lakers' LA titles?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Glumslinger posted:

Do the Clippers get joint custody of the Lakers' LA titles?

They wouldn't know what to do with it. Like a virgin awkwardly fumbling with a bra hook for the first time. e: just raggin' on you, little bros :glomp:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 18, 2015

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

anne frank fanfic posted:

we should start with 1994-1995 and then 2015-Forever, the Houston Rockets Dynasty CHampionships and the only legit ones

Short 3pt line championships don't count, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

before this post NY had 6 titles (Rochester Royals (became SAC Kings), Syracuse Nationals (became the 76ers), 2 Nets ABA champs (their championships moved to NY even though the others didn't move away because everyone knows NJ wishes it was NY), 2 Knicks championships) and now they have none :[

• Locked thread