Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Mikaela looks sideways as she understands the context for all this. She knows she screwed up a bit, but there's a lot of stuff going on. She's not entirely sure how to respond at first, trying not to sound too angry at Lagervale's request. The boss is just trying to protect her company after all, even if it's meant to be a threat of a demotion. "Maybe the problem is that you're having me talk too much while I'm sticking with this daughter of a steel worker thing. Just.. let me go out there and wrestle, build something up that way." Mikaela shrugs, not confident with her suggestion.

"I'll still do the workshop, you know. But maybe we can work things out in a different way from here on out. Well, and work with someone who I can work a smoother match with. I think we were just not on the same page."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
"You are an excellent worker, and it was a shame what happened today. It was last minute booking; we just weren't expecting Pedro's ankle to go out again." Lady Lagervale sighs and turns her attention back to you. "But the mic is important too. A grudge match does tend to draw more money than a technical match, which is, sometimes, unfortunate. Just remember that I trust you." And Lady Lagervale smiles at you, and it's an actual warm smile that feels at home on her elderly face.

For real though, this is more of a hit to your backstage reputation among fellow wrestlers than a bonafide demotion threat.

And that marks the end of Episode 1!

No one was left with 0 Audience, so that doesn't matter. But there's also this: any wrestler who you didn't interact with during the episode, get -1 Heat with them (minimum 0 Heat).

While Transintercontinental World Wrestling's creative department gurus meet to arrange next week's show, let's try something different.
If you want, you can make a preemptive Move that'll come into play at next week's show through social media. Your wrestler would be using their kayfabe instagram or twitter or whatever during the week to hype something up for the show. As I see it, this could work as Cutting a Promo, Breaking Kayfabe, Working the Audience or making a Role Move.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

(sorry it's blurry, that's how the generator made it)

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Look +2 | Power -1 | Real -1 | Work +1
Audience +4 | Momentum: +2 (Gains +1 Momentum at the start of a match)
Heat: Makeala +3; El Dragon +4 | Advance: 1 Gained; 1 Spent

We fade in to TIWW special web only series, mostly used to put over enhancement talent. We cut away from the action to backstage, infront of an CGI image of the TIWW logo on a black back drop. We see a suit clad veteran and wrestling personality, Tom Talker, famous for his stint in Tecmo world Wrestling.

"While we have a break in the action, I would like to remind all of you who are watching this either live on TIWW.com or our special replay on Youtube.com, that you can see more action every monday, LIVE from the Global Dome! This past week, we have had a main event that has all of the TIWW fathful standing in outrage! Lets have a look at the closing moments of the contest between the high flying El Dragon Fuego and the Breaker of Spirits, Margrethe Wolfram."

Highlights are shown, ending with Margrethe's despicable act of stuffing a small Mexican flag in El Dragon's mouth. We then return to Tom Talker.

"An hour later, on both Twitter and TIWW.com, we received comments from El Dragon...

"...and with that we introduce my guest at this time, Margrethe Wolfr..."

Tom falls silent as he looks off camera. It's not immediately apparent why, until Margrethe walks into the shot. It's the same deal: Shades. Pants suit. There is _one_ difference, however:

Her shoulders and upper body are wrapped by the Mexican flag.

Tom Talker blinks at this, staring at this sight, jaw hung open. Margrethe ends up getting in the first words.

"...why don't you take a picture, Tom? It'll last longer."

"...M-Margerethe, what is the meaning of... of this!?"

"Oh... what?" She takes off the flag and holds it up to the camera, revealing the Mexican flag in full view. Spray painted on it, in big, bold letters:

Dragon Tapped Out!

She re-wraps the flag around her shoulders. "...this? You see, Tom, it's quite simple: when I defeated El Dragon... when I proved, once again, mind you, that I AM what I AM, I not only made dragon tap out... I ripped out the hearts and pride of Mexico! This flag represents El Dragon's pride, for you see, his pride, his heart, is now in the palm of my hand!"

Tom is taken aback, but soon he grows rigid. "...that is preposterous! All of the TIWW universe saw, quite clearly, that you had to use..."

"WAAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! Call the WAAAAAH-bulance! This is why I'm a cut above the rest of these useless wrestlers! Plebes like Mikeala makes excuses. But me, I don't make excuses! You know, Dragon is almost as bad as all those pathetic Game of Throne nerds who cried when John Snow died! You all are pathetic!"

Margrethe smiles. "El Dragon, you can cry on twitter all you want. It's easy to talk tough on the internet, but when it was all said and done..."

She re-shows the disrespectful flag. "...you failed when it mattered! How does it feel, you little monkey? To fail your country? To fail your mentor? To show the whole civilized world that you are nothing in comparison to the Breaker of Spirits? Go ahead, hide behind Twitter... just as long as you know your place and stay out of my ring!"

Tom is shoved past as Margrethe leaves the camera view, giving the camera one last menacing glance behind her shades. Tom looks at her for a second before looking back at the Camera.

"...well, that was Margrethe Wolfram, and I have to say, knowing El Dragon and his fiery temper, this will be far from over. But now, back to the action!

And the camera fades to a match between enhancement talent...

quote:

[Promo (+2 Look): 2d6+2 11

I think I'll stick with Momentum for this up coming show. So that's +4 Momentum now. Sweet. :)

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Awesome, guys!

Maxwell Lord and Lager, you guys still with us for episode 2?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yep!

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Okay, show is booked and ready to go!

Aaaaaand we are BACK! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another installment of Transintercontinental World Wreslting! LIVE, from the Globaldome!

LAST TIME, ON TRANSINTERCONTINENTAL WORLD WRESLTING...

"A surprising turn of events last week here at the Globaldome as Margrethe Wolfram earned a hard-fought victory against lucha star El Dragón Fuego in a full contact match!"

"Not that surprising, seeing as the match rules favored her style in the first place."

"That might be, but the Dragón put up a mighty fight! I'd like to see who can stop the Breaker of Spirits now! The woman even interfered in the middle of long-time rival Mikaela Winters' match, knocking the young Swedish out with what looked like a very painful ground and pound session!"

"You've got to wonder about the efficacy of such tactics, as this led to a victory for Mikaela by disqualification!"

"That might be, but the woman is dangerous! She does not care about winning or losing, she cares only about making a statement! Speaking of which, Japanese bomb Takeo Honda pinned African warrior Memnon to continue his winning streak! Rumors backstage are he's being seriously considered for a title bout against reigning champion Soaring Sifu!"

"We'll have to see how that pans out tonight, on Transintercontinental World Wreslting, after these messages."

And we go into commercial break. As the show returns, Fuego has the spotlight to do whatever it is you wanted to do.

---

And we're back for episode 2, everyone! Please reset all of your Momentum to its starting value. Margrethe already made her Over move and that... turned out poorly. Let's see how this pans out.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

When the show comes back from commercial, a wide shot of the arena is shown for a second before the shout of [url="https://"""]FIIIIIIIRRRE![/url] comes over the speakers. And under the jumobtron steps

He walks down the ramp, high-fiving and fist-bumping the fans as he approaches the ring. He stands on the turnbuckles, fists raised as the crowd cheers.

The music fades, and Fuego takes the microphone and speaks.

"I am here today to talk to you all...about what happened last week. First of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the well-wishes and support you have all sent me after what happened after my match with Margrethe."

The crowd chants "MARG-RETHE SUCKS! MARG-RETHE SUCKS!", and Fuego pauses to let them chant. The he goes on.

"I know you all saw the...'interview' she gave after the match." Fuego scowls at the memory as the crowd "boooo"s. But he continues calmly...

"She thinks that by insulting me, insulting my fans, insulting my heritage, she thinks she can make me afraid of her. That she has somehow beaten me."

A chant of "FUE-GO! FUE-GO! FUE-GO!" starts up.

"She knows that to prove herself to you all, to earn your respect, she must defeat people like me. She says I tapped out. We all know this was a lie."

More booing.

"But wait...wait..." Fuego holds up his hand, urging silence. "It does not matter what she says, or what lies she needs to tell herself to convince herself that she is a worth opponent to El Dragón Fuego."

The crowd cheers again, and Fuego starts speaking faster, more emphatically.

"Because I am here to tell all of you...and I am here to tell Margrethe something." He then leans into a camera, the rage filling his voice.

"You can beat me, Margrethe. You can lie about me, insult me, insult my fans, my country. You can pretend you are an honorable fighter, pretend that you beat me fairly."

His eyes wide behind his mask, burning with rage as he stares into the camera.

"You can score a win against me. You can pin me, beat me bloody, knock me unconscious...you can do all that Margrethe...but you will never. EVER. Defeat me."

And as the crowd cheers his name, he calmly drops the mic and leaves the ring.

quote:

Fuego is cutting a promo; I figure the crowd is already on my side. Top of the card promo: 2d6+2 8; I'm going to take +1 Heat with Margrethe.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

There's a lot of crowd you can pull with that roll and +3 Audience, so it takes a big while for the crowd to calm down and stop roaring once you leave the stage.

There's a pause pregnant with suspense as nothing much happens, and then an [url="https://"https://youtu.be/pAp4d2xzGn4"]eerie song[/url] starts playing. The crowd stays silent as this is the cue for Lady Hipolita Lagervale herself to enter and, as if by magic, she is already standing dead center on the ring, gracious as always with a long dark evening gown and her silvery hair tied up in a bun. She speaks without the usual big mic prop, and her voice gets amplified just as well.

"My friends. Every week, I invite you to my home, to the Globaldome, with the promise that you will witness something momentous. Here at Transintercontinental World Wrestling, I make sure we keep that promise, week after week after week."

The crowd finally gets over the faeric atmosphere surrounding the owner and starts cheering.

"Three weeks ago, you saw history being made. In a clash of titans, you witnessed Zhiang Meng, known to most of you as the Soaring Sifu, win the Planetary Greatbelt from The Lophophore. It was a grand battle, and Meng showed the spirit of a warrior. And like all true warriors, he calls the field of battle home. I respect that, and I have chosen to give him a challenge worthy of his skill."

The audience realizes where this is going...

"Three of you have proved to me and to the Globaldome, with victory after victory, that you are warriors. Fighters worthy of a shot at the Planetary Greatbelt. You have shown willpower, resourcefulness, and outstanding prowess at martial arts. Please present yourselves to the ring."

There's a notable absence in her words of any trait like honor and compassion...

A pitched electronic voice calls out,

MARGRETHE WOLFRAM!

TAKEO HONDA!

ELZA MASSIF!

This entrance song starts playing... and in walks a woman with the rage of a thousand wars in her eyes, with absolute confidence.

A recently contracted babyface from the Philippines, Elza has quickly earned the right to be very over as she got herself a following among fans with a couple of great hardcore matches. Since then, she's been carving her way through many opponents. Her attributes include mastery of her national martial art, Eskrima, a very surprising agility for a person her size, and a tendency to look at opponents like a bulldozer would look at a particularly rickety piece of real estate.

Elza walks in in a steady pace and stops outside the ring, waiting with crossed arms for Hipolita to continue, without uttering one word.

Lady Hipolita does. "And in the great tradition of Transintercontinental World Wrestling, one of you will be handpicked by the Goddess of Victory herself!" She points to the huge replica of the Nike of Samotrace perched on top of the Globaldome who oversees every match.

The Jumbotron shows mugshots of fighters alternating in rapid succession as a random wrestler is chosen out of the roster...

MIKAELA WINTERS! cries the voice.

Lady Lagervale turns in the spot, addressing everyone in the audience, "I declare the CONTENDER'S CUP officially open... tonight!!"

And big shots of pyro erupt from around the Globaldome.

---

If it isn't clear, the Contender's Cup decides who the next #1 contender for the Planetary Greatbelt is going to be. The participants are the three of you and Elza, and who fights who is, of course, chosen... Randomly. Yes, that's a capital R.

Each one of you gets an entrance and, of course, free reign of the mic.

Sorry, Fuego, but Margrethe's botch on the Over move means she did something to piss someone off backstage and doesn't get a match with her heated feuds tonight.

Pic credits: playing the role of Elza Massif tonight is the character Penny Rolle from the comic book Bitch Planet. Check it out!

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 19, 2015

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +4 | Momentum: +4 (Gains +1 Momentum at the start of a match)
Heat: Makeala +3; El Dragon +4; Takeo +0; Eliza +0 | Advance: 1 Gained; 1 Spent

The lights dim and a spotlight shine on the entrance way. No fireworks. No special effects.

...but then again, she doesn't need it. The crowd reacts anyway...

Here comes The Breaker of Spirits

The crowd turns up the volume at the sound of the gongs and heart beat and they are on their feet, ready to hurl abuse at the woman who has _a lot_ to answer for.

And sure enough, a torrent of hatred falls upon the Breaker of Spirits, Margrethe Wolfram as she walks down the entrance ramp, dressed in all white of all things, ironic as she is anything but pure.

(obviously, this isn't her, but what she is wearing. :p )

Of course, she is carrying "that" flag, which she waves as she pauses her casual saunter to the ring, milking even more heat from the crowd. The spotlight follows her every movement, by the way.

She then continues to walk to the ring, walking up the steps and giving a ring aide a death glare, causing the poor ring girl to rush up and hold the ring ropes open for her. As the lights come back on.

Margrethe enters the ring, asking for the microphone.

"And I return to the Global Dome, live and in living color, in front of the civilized wrestling world who loves to hate me! That's right, hate me now!" She pauses as the camera pans the crowd as they boo her! The signs from the Mexican contingent are especially hateful. The one that stands out is : BURN THE $ITCH WITCH. Once the camera finishes, she continues."..now the show can officially begin, and I must say... it's good to be acknowledged."

She turns to the hard camera. "Sifu... the walls that is holding that bubble of a dream world you're living in? It just keep getting thinner, isn't it? Just two more victims... two more road bumps... and you will face your destiny: crushed beneath my boot, with me holding up the title I so richly deserve!"

She turns away from the camera for a second. "You know... I am slightly disappointed... see, the way that Mexican fire breathing monkey keeps talking, it's as if he actually wants another rear end kicking! I would've been happy to give it to him... however, I've already proven he can't beat me, I've already proven he is nothing to me. And the fact that he's not even in this tournament has proven that he means balls compared to me.'Nuff said."

She pauses as the boos grow louder and the chants of "FUE-GO!" grow.

"...I said, 'Nuff said!"

Chant grows louder.

"...whatever. The tournament. We have the scrub, Mikeala, I've already whipped her like I owned her several times... we have Takeo, who still let his daddy dress him and we have... 'this'."

She looks at Eliza. "...so... the great Eliza. You think you impress me? How exactly, am I supposed to be impressed? With your lopsided hair cut? With the way you are an extra value meal away from achieving your own orbit? Perhaps with the growing colony of fungi that is growing in those pit stains?"

Crooked smile. "Eliza, let me make this clear... this is tournament for the top contenders to the Galactic belt? You understand sunshine? See, I understand why you may be confused, you spent five minutes not stuffing your face and you don't know what to do with yourself... EASY! EASY!"

The crowd erupts as Eliza steps up to Margrethe, ready to bash the pompous jerk into hamburger, but Margrethe ducks back in between the ropes.

"...all I'm saying... is that, by some random chance that you and me were to wrestle... you're going to get hurt. I'm going to whip you the same way you lost your battle with obesity..."

And that's it, as Eliza chases Margrethe out of the ring to a loud pop!

quote:

Right. +1 Momentum for the cheap pop.

So two rolls here: First, working the crowd (flag waving and joking on Eliza's 'plus' size). The Flag Waving is an implied mention towards Dragon, thus preventing Heat Loss.

Working the Audience (+4 Audience): 2d6+4 7

Holy Crap, that would've been bad if it wasn't for the +4 >_>;

So, +1 Momentum. +5 total. The crowd boo the flag waving and the jokes she put on Eliza. In a good way.

Now, Promo Roll. Subject is Eliza, though I mentioned Mikeala as well, so that prevents Heat loss:

Promo (+2 Look): 2d6+2 11

And once again, Margrethe Knocks it out of the park!

So. +1 Momentum and +1 heat on Eliza.

Margrethe has +7 Momentum. What more is there left to say. :D

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 20, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm officially holding off until everyone's in the ring, so Mikaela, you go.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Mikaela Winters
Look -2 | Power +1 | Real -1 | Work +2
Audience +1 | Momentum: +2 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+1 Takeo

As soon as Margrethe is out of the ring, familiar whistling is heard over the PA system to the roar of the crowd as Mikaela Winters steps out to the ring, dressed not for a wrestling match as much as a fight. Her hands seem more taped up than they were last week, and she's dressed in sloppy street clothes. Standing and blocking the only reasonable way out, she has her hands ready in front of her in a striker's stance, waving for Margrethe to come at her, making big gestures as some of the refs start to scramble out there, making a scene.

Work The Audience: 2d6+1 6
Spend 1 momentum to not fail, gain 1 momentum from the 7+. No net change.

She gets handed a microphone from one of the production staff, holding her hands up. "Not so fast. You're not getting out of this one that easily. We may not know who our first round opponents are yet, but I'm coming out here to -fight- you."

The crowd lets out a cheer as the word fight comes out. "After what you did last week, I'm not here for a wrestling match. I don't need rules, I don't need a ref, I need these two fists and the roar of the Globaldome. If the only way to get that is through Elza, so be it. Through the Japanese Legacy of Takeo Honda? So be it. But mark my words, you and I, Margrethe, we're going to have this fight. You can't run forever!"

+1 Momentum for the cheap heat. (2 momentum total)
Promo Work: 2d6-2 4 Damnit. Not even a recoverable roll.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Tom Talker, live from the broadcast booth, and you must forgive my silence here, as we have seen quite alot packed into the last few minutes..."

Tom hesitates for a second. "...and speaking of packed, there is Mikeala Winters, dressed for war, and honestly, who can blame the woman? Humiliation after humiliation at the hands of Margrethe Wolfram, who constantly strikes at her with heinous blindside assaults... and now the tables have turned! Look at Margrethe, she is caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place! no where to run!"

"That, folks, is the power of Ms. Winters! She may not have the words, she may not speak with honey... but that's only because winter's bite is hardly sweet! Winter is cold! winter is bitter! And you better believe that with her inclusion in this prestegious tournament, every one of the three contenders are feeling a cold snap! She may be the underdog, she may be the Cinderella in this tournament, but... and you can call me crazy here... I can see this woman facing Sifu for the title! Look at her! the will to fight anytime anywhere! She is going to be underestimated and she will prevail, just you watch!"

quote:

...a 4? I didn't see you roll a 4. Looks like a seven to me. ;)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Look 2, Power 0, Real -2, Work 0

Audience +2, Momentum +1

Heat: Memnon +4, Mikaela +1, Margarethe +0, El Dragon +0

Ceremonial fires erupt on stage as Takeo Honda stalks forward to the ring. He bows to Lady Hipolyta and rudely grabs the mic from Mikaela.

"I am honored to have been awarded this opportunity. Finally this company has given me the respect I deserve! The respect I earned first in years of training, and then the respect I have earned in destroying my opponents in this ring!"

"But-" he points at Mikaela. "I do not think you belong here! You won last time because someone interfered, you did not have your opponent beat. Your style is inferior and you lack the ruthlessness of a true warrior! And here, you are only standing in this ring because of luck! I know that I am going to win this tournament, but I also know that I will be the one to eliminate you!

"The Planetary Greatbelt is mine! No woman or man can stop me!"

Cutting a promo:

2d6+2 = 13!

I will take +1 momentum and +1 Heat with Mikaela.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

thejoshie posted:

...a 4? I didn't see you roll a 4. Looks like a seven to me. ;)
You can only Put someone Over when it's a match and you're the official Announcer :v:

Margrethe's spiel with Elza gets the crowd hot, and they're into Mikaela's posturing as well... but her speech is still stilted and awkward. When Takeo grabs the mic, they go wild for him! Something about the blend of composure and arrogance gets people going.

As you all were making your entrances, Rita Rai came up on the ring.

She stays in an alert, protective stance by Lady Hipolita Lagervale, in case anything breaks off right now. When Takeo stops talking, she yells, "That's enough!" and tries to get you all to pipe down and listen to the boss. Throughout all this, Lady Lagervale has a smile of amusement on her face; she seems to be quite enjoying the theatrics of the competitors.

"Everything will be quite alright," Lady Lagervale continues, "you will all have a chance to settle your differences between yourselves. Let's see how Victory treats you, shall we?"

And the Jumbotron again shows your mugshots alternating rapidly as the matches of the Contender's Cup are decided...

There's a loud 'OOOOOOH' from the crowd. Elza Massif has a wicked smile on her face. She enter the ring slowly, parting the ropes with comfortable ease. Grabbing a mic, she says "Let's see if you can fight as well as you talk, wimpy little girl."

Rita Rai is on the move, trying to get the match going. "Clear the ring, clear the ring! Let's get a ref in here!"

A skinny black man climbs on the ring to referee the match, and the bell prepares to go off...

"Are you ready? Are you ready? GO!"

vs.

DING!

---

Announcers for this one are Lager, as whoever you like, and Maxwell Lord as guest announcer Takeo Honda. Takeo's got official Announcer powers!

I wanted to waste no time and get to the match, but if there are still things you want your character to say on the mic before it starts, feel free to slot that in!

e: Ah, I forgot to say: as this is a PC vs. NPW match, Margrethe starts with control!

Rita Rai is being portrayed by mixed martial artist and actress Gina Carano.

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 21, 2015

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +4 | Momentum: +8 (Gained +1 Momentum at the start of the match)
Heat: Makeala +3; El Dragon +4; Takeo +0; Elza +1 | Advance: 1 Gained; 1 Spent

Margrethe doesn't look to concerned, until the skinny black ref signals for the bell and Rita Rai calls for the start of the match.

"w-w-WAIT A drat MINUTE!" Margrethe screeches, "Look at me! Do I look like I'm ready to wrestle!? This suit costs more than some of these peoples annual salary! I demand a chance to change first!"

Rita pauses and then speaks to a stage hand who rushes to the back. a minute later, she returns with a duffle bag!

"You gotta be kidding me... you can't expect me to change out-"

Rita ignores her and says something to the ring announcer. The ring announcer then makes an announcement:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been informed that Margrethe Wolfram has one minute to change to her ring attire. She cannot leave the ringside area due to time constraints. Failure to enter the ring before the minute is up will result in her forfeiting the match to Elza!"

Massive pop, though it's unclear whether its for the potential win for Elza or the potential nudity. Probably both.

Flustered, Margrethe goes to the only safe haven she has: under the ring!

Silence as the ref looks at his watch. Half a minute strolls by and Margrethe rolls out from under the ring, on the other side! Now dressed in her traditional attire...

...she walks past the Broadcast booth, snatches the ring bell from the time keeper, rolls into the ring and sneakily clocks Elza in the back of the head with it! The Big woman drops like a sack of bricks!

Margrethe, tosses the bell to the outside and covers Elza, getting the ref's attention as he was getting ready to signal for the bell (the minute was up), but now he turns, sees the cover, and the stupid idiot doesn't question why Elza was uncouncious.

One...

Two...

THREE!

...NO! KICKOUT!

The ref hand hit the mat, but at almost the same time, Elza's shoulder lifted! When the ref waves off the pinfall, the crowd goes absolutely nuts as they were saved from yet another bullcrap finish similar to last week!

quote:

This is a heelish tactic so rolling Look for this one:

Heel Attack! ...that failed. :p (+Look): 2d6+2 7

So, I choose +1 Momentum and give control to Elza!

Margrethe is on her feet and shoves the ref, shouting in his face for a slow count, leaving Elza to recover...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Good strategy," says Takeo. "Distraction is key to a warrior's arsenal."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bob Manning calmly replies, "Yes. Distraction can be a fine strategy, but I believe you'll find that Margrethe is the distracted party now. Elza seems to be rallying after that cheap hit, and I think that the so-called Breaker of Spirits might want to turn around..."

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Elza rises to one knee, reeling from Margrethe's blow. Margrethe finishes arguing with the ref, blowing him off with a rude gesture, and turns back, only to find Elza still rising. The big woman stands and cracks her knuckles, a wicked smile still on her face as she points directly toward Margrethe's chest.

"Let's see you win without cheating, wimp."

The crowd pops with the comment as both women put up their knuckles and start circling each other in fighting stance. Margrethe is the first to go on the offense, throwing punch combinations punctuated with kicks. Elza shows why she's so popular: she nullifies Margrethe's strikes with lightning-fast parries and intricate footwork. No one her size should have this much agility; in the blink of an eye, Elza has maneuvered behind Margrethe... and hits her right on the head with a strike that looks like a mixture of a left hook and a slap, mirroring the veteran's earlier cheap shot.

Margrethe stumbles from the force of the blow, but manages to recover quickly enough to counter with a high back kick, the famous wrestling super kick. Her boot hits Elza's jaw with a loud CLAP!

Elza takes a step back from the impact, but counters right back with a super kick of her own. Another CLAP! as Margrethe is hit and reels back again. Margrethe goes for a third kick in the exchange... but Elza catches her leg in a powerful grip! She's compromising Margrethe's balance by holding her leg up, and traditionally at this point you'd go for a foot sweep on the base leg... but Elza prefers the more aggressive approach, and she hits Margrethe's base leg with a low kick right to the side of the knee. The force of the impact is enough to make Margrethe spin through the air and land with a THUD on the floor!

Elza wastes no time and starts working on the leg she just kicked, by clamping down on Margrethe with a fancy-looking foot lock. The ref is asking if Margrethe will quit, and she responds "No!"

And control's back to you!

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +4 | Momentum: +9

Elza has the upperhand! The crowd are on their feet, hoping, praying that the big woman makes Margrethe pay for her past sins...

But Elza made the mistake of trying to beat the Breaker of Souls at her own game.

Elza got too fancy with her foot lock, causing her to forget the basics. This is made evident by the way she left her left leg loose on the mat. Margrethe took advantage of this by grabbing the leg and lifting her butt up and over it, forcing Elza to turn her body towards the side. This allows Margrethe to bring her other leg over to kick Elza's stomach while simultaneously pulling her attacked leg out of Elza's grasp, escaping the foot lock!

quote:

Footlock counter into some chain wrestling! (+1 Work): 2d6+1 8

So, choosing to retain control. Since Elza is an NPW, I'm going to push ahead to keep things moving. However, whether I retain control or not, I'm going to pause for commentary after my next roll.

The crowd applauds this brief exchange, as Margrethe scoots back into the ropes, begging the advancing Elza off. Following the rules, the Ref attempts to back Elza off, but the larger woman ignores him and shoves him aside to go for Margrethe... which allows the veteren to thumb her in the eyes. Turning away sharply, Elza is now pounced on by a side Headlock... but she easily powers out of it by slinging Margrethe to the ropes. She bends over to prepare for a back body drop... but Margrethe counters with a sunset flip...

which was a bad move, as Elza counters with a sit-down splash!

But Margrethe moves out of the way and the resulting miss leaves Elza stunned in a sitting position, leaving her wide open for a Shining Wizard kick to the back of her head.

Margrethe goes for a cover, but it only garners a two count.

quote:

Some more in ring work (+1 Work): 2d6+1 8

So, I choose to retain control, but I'll now pause for commentary, or any other possible shinanigans.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bob chimes in to keep up with the action, "Elza goes for a somewhat sloppy footlock and Margrethe manages to spin her way out. And now, oh! Elza goes for a sit-down splash but just cannot connect! Margrethe has her timing now, it looks like, and she's planning to make her opponent suffer now. She's going for the cover, and...Out at the two count...Elza must be unhappy now, I can't imagine what's in store for Margrethe if her opponent gets her stride back."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Margrethe is showing good strategy here. When your opponent is this large and powerful you must turn that against them. Elza is very strong but she lacks focus, she is too easily distracted."

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Elza is rolling on the floor, clutching the back of her head, already hurt by Margrethe's earlier cheap shot and now further punished. She rises fuming with anger!

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +4 | Momentum: +9

Margrethe takes advantage of Elza's anger, ducking a right cross from the larger woman (who is not fighting as smart as she was earlier due to her anger), grabbing the limb, stepping over the arm while falling to the mat, forcing the larger woman to flip over (Elza has to, or it's bye-bye arm) and this leads into a beautiful cross-arm breaker submission!

quote:

Cross Arm Breaker (+1 Work): 2d6+1 9

Adding +1 Momentum to make that a 10. +2 Momentum (Net gain +1) and retaining control

Margrethe, as the Ref checks for a submission, reaches out with a free arm and grabs the second rope to give herself extra leverage to torque on the arm. Elza begins to writhe in pain from the extra pressure!

Margrethe veteran experience allows her to sense just the right moment to let go of the rope as the ref looks over at her. This guy is no Sony Abo, as he fails to notice the ropes shaking.

This gets the crowd riled up and the begin to scream at the ref as Margrethe does it again to a chorus of boos!

quote:

Surprise, surprise, she's cheating again! (+2 Look): 2d6+2 6

Spending +1 Momentum to make that a 7. Retain control.

And I think one more segment will do it...

Margrethe releases the hold, pushes her body up into a vertical handstand (quite impressive) then sends her knee crashing down onto Elza's exposed arm. She does this two more times before shifting to a kneeling Arm Lock, forcing Elza into a Kneeling postion. Sensing Elza's weakening state, Margrethe begins to rustle the woman's hair tauntingly, occasionally slapping her condescendingly on the back of her head.

"I warned you, did I not! But no... you had to be too big for your britches... actually, you ARE too big for your britches! Nevermind!"

quote:

I could go +work, but I'll roll on Margrethe's trash talking and taunting instead.

Trash Talk! (+1 Heat): 2d6+1 11

And an 11!

+1 Heat with Elza, making it +2.

I Regain control, but I'll pause here for commentary and possible shananigans.

quote:

Updated info:
Sheet
Audience +4 | Momentum: +10
Heat: Makeala +3; El Dragon +4; Takeo +0; Elza +2 | Advance: 1 Gained; 1 Spent

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Rolling on your trash talking would be catering to your gimmick, so it would be +Look. But it doesn't matter, you'd get a 10+ either way!

Elza turns to Margrethe, screaming "I WILL DESTROY YOU!" With a last bout of sudden strength, she tries to force the armlock open...

And time to take this home. Margrethe, you're the winner!

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +4 | Momentum: +10
Heat: Makeala +3; El Dragon +4; Takeo +0; Elza +2 | Advance: 1 Gained; 1 Spent

quote:

Enter: The Blitzkrieg: 2d6 8

+1 Heat to Elza. And I have the perfect way to symbalize that rising heat.

Jesus... three feuds. I'm beginning to feel like Flair when he had to contend with Sting, dusty, Magnum TA and Ricky Morton at the same time. >_>;;

Elza nearly breaks out of the Armlock... but she still hasn't learned that Margrethe's strategy was to play off her anger. If Elza was more level headed, she would've went for the ropes for a clean break, maybe wait for Margrethe to transition to another postion, then try to counter.

But no, she tries to use naked force and this was _exactly_ what Margrethe wanted.

Margrethe milks this, pretending to try and maintain the illusion that she wants to keep her in the Armlock... before letting it go and slipping to the move she was going for all along.

Honestly, it doesn't need to be announced. The second she shifted behind Elza, the crowd was once again on their feet. This was it, if Elza didn't do something fast, it would be game over.

Elza size creates complications, however, and even though Margethe manages to slip her arms in position, Elza (who begins to thrash like a bucking bronco) makes it difficult to allow Margrethe to clasp her arms!

Elza stands up now and shoulder tosses Margrethe over to a massive pop! Technically, she didn't break the hold, since it was never locked in.

However, her anger and stubbornness to learn to control it, is her undoing, for she goes for the kill without hesitation or planning, becoming predictable... and sets her self up for a Savat Kick (Super Kick) from out of nowhere, to stun the big woman.

And these few seconds are all that's needed for Margrethe to climb to the second turnbuckle and leap onto Elza's back. The added height and leverege allows her to clasp her arms and now the Blitz Kreig is properly locked on, even as Elza again attempts the Shoulder throw, all that iss accomplished is that now the two of them are on the ground!

Needless to say: Elza taps out!

...and needless to say, Margrethe doesn't let go. Here we go again.

quote:

So, yeah. Spending 2 Momentum to lay out Elza. ^_^

The bell rings repeatedly as we go to the same ol' song and dance. Elza is now unconscious and after a few more seconds, Margrethe releases the hold, and then drag the massive body towards the center of the ring.

She takes out a mini Philippine flag, wipes her sweat on it, and stuffs it in Elza's mouth. Another victim.

Margrethe poses over top of Elza's body to add the exclamation point to the humiliation, before leaving the ring to her music, the boos raining down on her.

quote:

Why did Margrethe have a Philippine flag when she had no idea she was wrestling a Philippine woman in the first place?

Because... Wrestling. :p

Anywho, I think this is a good point to transition to the next segment. :)

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Ring aides rush to the ring to try and drag Elza's massive bulk away and get it made up for the next Contender's Cup match. Takeo and Mikaela's bout will start as soon as preparations are complete. Ringside and audience are alight with anticipation, fired up from the strong opening of Elza vs. Margrethe.

While the lights dim and the ring aides work, the Jumbotron comes on, showing images from one of the inconspicuous cameras that line the ceiling of the Globaldome. This time, we're looking at fighters' Locker Room D...

---

Memnon is sitting on one of the benches, watching Margrethe's match on the wall-mounted TV of the locker room. He hasn't noticed a figure leaning on the wall, arms crossed, almost out of sight in the corner of the room. The figure chuckles to itself, and starts a pretentious little laugh, as if it's just remembered a particularly intricate inside joke. It's at this point that Memnon notices who this is: the fake tan and fiery hair leave no doubt that this is the Brazilian rich playboy and provocateur extraordinaire...

The Curupira starts laughing mockingly at you. He continues to do so, clearly fishing for a reaction. When you look at him, he starts.

"I can't believe this!" He's finding whatever this is really, really funny. "I was afraid of you! Me! Afraid! Of you!"

The Curupira laughs and twirls around the room, always just out of reach of Memnon, always with a tone of mockery. "Were you here last week? Hmmm? Did you watch our show? I know I did! You know what I saw? I saw big bad Memnon LOSING a fight so bad his toenails curled!"

He continues to move around Memnon. "Really, I'm disappointed in myself more than anything. So I've decided to... indulge a little. I've used my resources and moved a few pieces

here

and

there

just enough, just enough to set up a match. A main event match even, to show the whoooole wide world how much of a weakling you are! We're in this match, of course, but I've gone the extra mile just for you, Memnon. I've gotten myself a small, let's say, anticipated birthday gift."

At this point he snaps his fingers, and from out of nowhere a hulking thing of a man steps into the locker room...

Markus Magnusson, the Dansk Dino, smiles a predator's smile at you. He says nothing.

At this point, El Dragón Fuego steps into the locker room, oblivious to what's happening. He freezes at the door, trying to take the situation in. No one notices him,

The Curupira continues euphorically, putting his arms over the Dansk Dino's shoulders. "That's right! That's my new buddy. Amazing what a little something can get you, eh?" he rubs his thumb and fingers together, the universal gesture for money. "And you, Memnon, you just prepare your little sorry self, because you'll pay for humiliating me."

He starts positively cackling. "So you find yourself a tag team partner. Not that anyone would want to partner up with you. Not that it will matter anyway, because me and Dino here... I hope you saw what my friend Markus has done to that pathetic excuse of a wrestler, Rooster Gold. I heard he's still coughing up ribs in the hospital! So you wait. You

just

wait

because tonight you end!"

And he points at you, while Markus Magnusson stands menacingly behind him, both laughing in their own mocking way.

What do you guys do?

---

Pic credits: Dansk Dino's pic is, obviously, wrestler Brock Lesnar. I wanted to go with someone a little less obvious; I tried karateka Semmy Schilt but he's got such a cute little face it was impossible to make him look threatening. Alas, Brock fits the role perfectly.

The Curupira is a hastily photoshopped K, from the video game King of Fighters.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fuego scowls as Curupira and Markus laugh. He's behind the two men, and casually steps behind Curupira. Fuego taps the lanky man on the shoulder, and smiles when Curupira turns and starts at seeing Fuego inches from his face.

"Ah, Curupira. I see you are still such a coward that you must pay someone to fight your battles for you. I knew you had no confidence in the ring, but this...just when I thought you could sink no lower, you hire this...monster."

Fuego looks past the visibly nervous Curupira up at Markus. Markus has over a foot of height and at least a hundred pounds on the luchador, but Fuego shows no fear. "Speaking of which...I still owe you for what you did to Rooster Gold two weeks ago. Do not think you will escape the reach of justice, Markus. You will pay."

Markus just grins evilly, his fists clenching and unclenching in anticipation as Fuego continues. "I do not fear you, Markus. Or you, Curupira. I do not see challengers, or even men. I just see a mindless beast..."

He looks back at the now very shaken Curupira, stares him square in the eye, and continues.

"...and a cowardly, spoiled child. I will be Memnon's tag team partner, if he wishes."

Not rolling or making a move just yet until I see what Memnon/the NPCs do.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon stares at Curupira as the Brazillian fop reflects on his own cleverness, a bemused expression on the Ethiopian firebrand's face. "Curupira, I have no time for your games. I have...bigger fish to fry." Memnon smirks as he watches Margrethe's victory. He's been planning to interrupt Takeo's match to teach him a lesson, but Curupira is putting a crimp in those plans. As the massive Dansk Dino approaches, however, even Memnon can't help but feel vulnerable, instantly going into a fighting stance and looking around the room for potential weapons. That's when he spots Fuego, over by the door. Memnon intentionally avoids looking at his fellow wrestler, not wanting to give away Fuego's presence - the luchadore is a potential ally in this situation, after all.

As Fuego makes his presence known and Curupira begins to sweat, Memnon smiles wide, nodding his head briefly in gratitude before putting his own hand onto Curupira's shoulder, carefully keeping the Brazillian in between himself and Dino. "Well, well...Looks like I'm not the pariah you made me out to be, hmm? You know, you were right to fear me, rich boy." With that, Memnon slams his foot down and acts like he's about to go for a headbutt. As Curupira flinches, and Dino prepares to retaliate, Memnon throws his head back and laughs before kicking Curupira into the massive beast he's hired. This manages to throw both opponents off balance long enough for he and Fuego to make an escape from the locker room to prepare for their match. "I accept your offer, great Dragon! We'll show these two clowns that money cannot buy honor, or strength of will!" As they depart, Memnon puts his fist up to bump Fuego's.

Not sure if you want me to roll anything here or not.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fuego grins and returns the fist-bump. "I think we should go prepare for our match, don't you?"

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Remember that running in a Contender's Cup match means the person you're attacking can win by DQ, and that'll make them advance! Not that I'm stopping you from running in, mind you ;)

Please roll for Cutting a Promo, both of you! That was totally showcasing your gimmicks and advancing the storyline. Or, alternatively: Fuego, if you've got the Momentum, that could totally be the Babyface move. Memnon, your kick could also be a Feat of Strength, if you're using it to showcase your physicality.

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 24, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I only start at 1 Momentum, so I can't Babyface just yet.

Promoing all up in Curupira's face: 2d6+2=12

I'm going to take +2 Momentum, bringing me to 3; I think I'm gonna need it.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Cuttin' a promo!: 2d6 7, so I'm picking +1 momentum, bringing me to +2.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

The camera shows the locker room as Curupira and the Dino scramble to regain their composure. They try to leave after Fuego and Memnon, but you guys are already gone. The heels curse in a "next time, we'll get you!" kind of way as the scene fades to black on the Jumbotron to great applause by the crowd.

The ring announcer is already in the middle of the ring as the lights come back on in the Globaldome.

"The following is the second match of the first round of the Contender's Cup! It is scheduled for one fall, with a time limit of thirty minutes. Please welcome the Swedish suplex specialist, MIKAEEEELAAAAA WINTEEEEERS!"

"Please welcome the Japanese bird of prey, the cruel, the ruthless, TAKEEOOOOO HOOOONDAAAA!"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Mikaela Winters
Audience +1 | Momentum: +2 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+1 Takeo

Familiar whistling is heard over the PA system for the first entrant, Mikaela steps out from behind the curtain dressed just like she was before. Her hands and wrists taped up while the rest of her in a raggy set of jeans and a tank top clearly made for function rather than form. She makes her way down the aisle, giving the usual high-fives along the ramp. She keeps her eye on the ring, however, moving at a pretty brisk pace, only stopping to do a bit of shadowboxing right outside the ring. She slides into the ring with grace, jumping back up to her feet once she's in the ring.

Once inside the ring, she stands on the second rope on one of the corners on the ramp side, waving her arms for Takeo to come out, shouting nearly incomprehensibly over the sound of the people at ringside cheering louder for the show of attitude and energy from the normally reserved Swedish suplex specialist.

Work The Audience: 2d6+1 6
Jesus. Well, spend 1 momentum to gain 1 momentum, no net change, lets me keep using it.

She finally settles down somewhat when the ref checks Mikaela for the usual small foreign objects.

Maybe I need to finally make a banner to uncurse my dice.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Look 2, Power 0, Real -2, Work 0

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat: Memnon +4, Mikaela +2, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

The ceremonial flames erupt. There's a smug grin on Honda's face as he stands on the stage, unfazed by the boos hurling his way or by Mikaela's contemptuous look. At last he strides towards the ring, still ignoring the jeering fans. Finally after entering the squared circle, he cuts the air with a shout, snapping back into a solemn stare at his opponent.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

The two of you make your last warm ups to start the fight... the ref, this time a strong-looking Asian gentleman, enters the ring...

... and a song start playing!

A spotlight comes on, focusing on a lean figure that comes out of the curtain and walks down the ramp! He's dancing to the song with a beaming smile of white teeth...

A charismatic wrestler who ended his career young because of knee issues, he's remained in the business without having matches. The audience pops, as Giles' looks and charm have always made him an absolute favorite.

He puts out a hand and a young boy from staff gives him a mic. He says a few inspirational words to the boy, who walks out with a unmitigated expression of delight. Giles, walking down the ramp, starts speaking.

"Hellooooooo Globaldome! I've missed you! And yes... I'm back!"

There's a huge pop from the crowd and Giles continues, approaching the ring. "I have returned as a manager to one of the most incredible fighters in this roster. Her story moved me, and I'm sure it will move every single one of you. You have no idea what this woman's been through! But Nike, our own patron Goddess of Victory, knows. That's why she has chosen my client to take part in the Contender's Cup... let's have a big round of applause for MIKAELA WINTERS!"

The crowd roars with applause for Mikaela... but here's the problem: Mikaela, this is the guy who visited the Globaldome for a promo workshop this past week. But no one said anything about him staying. No one told you about this. You had no idea you were getting a manager!

Giles hops effortlessly and gracefully into the ring. The gives you a knowing wink before going back to addressing the audience. "You might not be aware of my client's tragic past... and when the time is right, you will know. But you!" he turns to Takeo, and now Giles Primly is all fire and intensity. "You, Takeo Honda, you who have spent your entire life in your family's dojo... know this! Know that my client has lived in died by the rules of the streets of Sweden... Know she has singlehandedly saved her family form starvation! Know she has faced the triads, the mafia, the yakuza! And come out on top!"

The crowd pops again, and you, Mikaela, you still don't quite get it. No one's told you about this angle...

"Get ready to learn what my client is really capable of... Ref! Ring the bell!" And as Giles Primly hops out of the ring, the ref scrambles to tell the bell keeper to start the match...

And a small pause for possible reactions. Otherwise, we're starting the match!

---

Giles Primly is being played by Hollywood gallant Guy Pearce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +1 | Momentum: +1 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+2 Takeo

Mikaela looks sideways towards her apparent new manager, at first confused but quickly recovering enough to shake the man's hand and looking over the crowd. She's got plenty of talk to them about, but her mind needs to be on this match, keeping things looking tough. She turns to the center of the ring, extending a tentative fist to her opponent, the closest thing she'll do with someone who's come out here like Takeo has.

Sportsmanship!
Sportsmanship: 2d6-1 6
Spend 1 momentum, +1 Heat with one another, Takeo chooses how the handshake goes.

• Locked thread