Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Character Sheet posted:

Name: Takeo Honda

Hails From: Osaka, Japan

Entrance: Classic & Impressive

Look: Honda has a medium muscular build- not quite a monster but imposing. He has dark hair in a bowl cut and wears red trunks with black trim. His face is a perpetual scowl.

Fighting Style: Works in a grounded style with a lot of strikes and some basic grapples. Tends to start slow and build as the match progresses.

Bio: Son of the great Kenoshiro Honda, Takeo was pushed to continue his family's legacy and trained in the cruelest dojos across the country. The cruel discipline and physical punishment doled out by his trainers beat out any trace of mercy or compassion from Honda's mind; he is now a pure machine, efficient and ruthless in the destruction of his opponents.

Real: Takeo was pushed by his father to take up the wrestling business, and with his family name and impressive physique he found it easy to get bookings. Japan Wrestling Continuum instantly began pushing him as the next big thing, with some success, but a few minor corruption scandals involving owner Hideo Gump Sr. forced the company to sell him to TWW. Honda is not sure he deserves what he's been given and is just a little insecure.

Gimmick: Golden Boy
Role: Heel

Look 2, Power 0, Real -2, Work 0

Audience: +1

Moves:

Finishing Move: When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean, gain +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they
make you work for it. Choose: they obviously allow you to get the win and gain +1 Heat with them; they push you,
you both gain +1 Momentum. On a botch, choose: an authority figure interferes and calls the match in your favor on
a technicality, losing you -1 Audience; or there was a last-minute change to the booking from backstage and your
opponent wins the match.

Dynasty Scion: Take +1 Look

Always Learning: When you work a match with someone you know is better than you, roll Work. On a 10+ pick two, 7-9 pick 1: Gain +1 Momentum, Gain +1 Heat With Them, earn their respect. On a botch, you make a rookie mistake and lose -1 Audience.

Drumbeats, then a solemn orchestral score

LAST WEEK

Honda is facing off against American cruiserweight Buck Gordon. The popular "space cadet" manages to bloody Honda's nose with a well-timed dropkick. and recovering, Honda snaps. He grabs the smaller man and hurls him over the top rope, climbing out to hurl him into the ring steps, against the barricade- so relentless is his desire to hurt the young man that he ignores the referee's timing and both men are counted out. After the bell rings Honda batters his downed opponent with a steel chair, before staring down the security personnel who have rushed in to stop his rampage.

Fade to a backstage interview.

"What I did, I did because I did not respect him. In all the time I have been here I have not met one opponent I can respect. They are all weak... unfocused... they did not go through what I have gone through. I must make an example of every opponent, until finally, I meet someone worthy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Two pillars of ceremonial flame erupt, one on each side of the stage, and burn as Takeo Honda strides to the middle of the stage and cuts the air with a shout. The Jumbotron shows video of his previous squash victories, intercut with his name with English letters written over Kanji. He strides to the stage, while a picture-in-picture displays an earlier interview.

"I trained in the cruelest wrestling dojos of Japan. At any mistake, or any sign of weakness, I was beaten savagely. If Memnon does not respect what I went through to get where I am today, then I have no respect for him. And those I do not respect, I destroy. Memnon, you are reckless! You are unfocused! When you make your first mistake, I will show you no mercy!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
2d6+2 = 10!

I will gain +1 Momentum and +1 Heat With Memnon, bringing my Momentum to +2 and my Heat with Memnon to +3.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The bell has just rung when Memnon leaps for Honda, knocking him back to the ropes with a series of backhand strikes and following it with a crowd-pleasing headbutt. The ref warns Memnon to back away, and they exchange words long enough for Honda to rake Memnon's back. The two get into a collar-and-elbow tie up, and Memnon irish whips Honda into a corner. After a few more chops, he winds up for a running splash- only for Honda to move to the side in time for Memnon's head to hit the ringpost. WIth his opponent stunned, Honda uses a series of punches and elbow strikes to drive him to back to the center of the ring.

(Hope I'm not overdescribing my opponent but I was thinking of the traditional match structure where the face gets in a bit of offense to show off, then the heel takes over, etc.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Frustrated by Memnon's refusal to fall over, Honda shouts as he delivers a series of increasingly powerful chops. With each blow he utters a shout, building in intensity, until finally throwing his opponent against the ropes, and catching him on the return to throw him on the ground face-first!

The Facebuster will be my Wrestling Move- I'll wait on your call on what I should roll.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lucky day- it's a 10!

Retain Control and gain +1 Heat! My heat with Memnon is now +4.

Honda goes for the cover, but Memnon kicks out at 1- he hasn't taken nearly enough damage to stay down for long. Honda continues to work on his opponent with a side headlock, shouting in frustration.

(Will leave it there, have to go to work.)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Honda rolls on the floor in pain as Memnon poses, then climbs to his feet. He's still looking unsteady, and is visibly pissed at having been taken off his feet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo falls to the ground with a satisfying SLAM. He's got one hand on his face but is otherwise immobile.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
(What move is Signature? I can't find that anywhere.)

Honda seemed to get the shoulder up purely on instinct there, and he's still grounded, but sitting up and starting to come around.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Honda screams and writhes, but shakes his head when the ref asks if he submits. He's trying to step towards the ropes but so far isn't going anywhere.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo Honda
Momentum: +2, Heat With Memnon: +4

Honda walks up to Memnon and rakes his back again, prompting another talking-to from the ref. Memnon lands a punch and the two trade blows. Honda grabs Memnon by the arm and irish whips him to the ropes. Memnon bounces back and slingshots to the other side, Honda ducking a clothesline, Memnon bounces back again and into a big boot! Memnon is stunned and knocked halfway down, and Honda crouches in a corner, waiting for him to stand...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Finishing Move 2d6 = 6, I'll burn my two Momentum to make it an 8. I'll choose to gain +1 Heat with Memnon.

As soon as Memnon gets up, Honda runs up and throws him to the ground for something that looks as much like a tackle as a spinebuster. Whatever it is, Memnon sells it like death and Honda covers him confidently for the three count.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 20, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'll go ahead and mark +1 Audience too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Bob Manning is back on the mic for this one. "Bad form by Le Grande Mort there, and it comes back to haunt him, fittingly enough. Mikaela seems to have him well scouted right now, she knows she's not going to get a straightforward fight."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
If it threatens to stall out a third time I'll intervene but I'm kinda wait-and-see now. Also where's my broadcast partner?

"Oh, and that's a bad fall there by Le Grande Mort. Both participants are feeling each other out it seems, I'm not sure which one has the upper hand right now."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Now that was a beautiful transition into that German suplex! Mikaela's always surprising her opponents with moves like that, and this is the perfect opportunity for her to take control of the confrontation. It goes to show you, when you're competing in the squared circle here in TWW, you have to out-think your opponent as much as out-muscle them."

The above is me Putting Over Mikaela's last maneuver.

"NOW WHAT IS THAT?! Margarethe Winters has run into the ring and nailed Mikaela with a dropkick to the head! This is utterly outrageous, the ref's calling for the bell! I've never seen something so unprofessional in all my years of reporting!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Fuego seems to be adapting to his opponent's style at last," says Bob Manning. "The crowd's support is definitely giving him strength, but will it be enough?"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"This is now looking like an even contest, just back and forth. This could get very ugly indeed."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yep!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm officially holding off until everyone's in the ring, so Mikaela, you go.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +1

Heat: Memnon +4, Mikaela +1, Margarethe +0, El Dragon +0

Ceremonial fires erupt on stage as Takeo Honda stalks forward to the ring. He bows to Lady Hipolyta and rudely grabs the mic from Mikaela.

"I am honored to have been awarded this opportunity. Finally this company has given me the respect I deserve! The respect I earned first in years of training, and then the respect I have earned in destroying my opponents in this ring!"

"But-" he points at Mikaela. "I do not think you belong here! You won last time because someone interfered, you did not have your opponent beat. Your style is inferior and you lack the ruthlessness of a true warrior! And here, you are only standing in this ring because of luck! I know that I am going to win this tournament, but I also know that I will be the one to eliminate you!

"The Planetary Greatbelt is mine! No woman or man can stop me!"

Cutting a promo:

2d6+2 = 13!

I will take +1 momentum and +1 Heat with Mikaela.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Good strategy," says Takeo. "Distraction is key to a warrior's arsenal."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Margrethe is showing good strategy here. When your opponent is this large and powerful you must turn that against them. Elza is very strong but she lacks focus, she is too easily distracted."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat: Memnon +4, Mikaela +2, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

The ceremonial flames erupt. There's a smug grin on Honda's face as he stands on the stage, unfazed by the boos hurling his way or by Mikaela's contemptuous look. At last he strides towards the ring, still ignoring the jeering fans. Finally after entering the squared circle, he cuts the air with a shout, snapping back into a solemn stare at his opponent.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat with Mikaela +3

Slowly, uncertainly, Takeo brings his right fist forward to meet hers- only to use the other to swing a punch to the side of her head! As she reels from the impact he swings in with another closed-fist punch to the gut, doubling her over before the ref moves in to separate them.

A little unsure who has control of the match right now, and I'll leave time for announcer reactions.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat: Memnon +4, Mikaela +3, Morte +0, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

Once the referee backs out of the way, the two wrestlers go for a collar-and-elbow tie up, matching strength against strength.

As the two are locked, Takeo suggests the two do a chain sequence.

Takeo seems to be overpowering Mikaela, but she twists around and gets into an armlock. He ducks and flips once, twice, and into a reversal before drawing her in for a scoop-slam!

quote:

Always Learning, rolling Work, so 2d6+0 = 9! I choose "Gain their respect."

Mikaela picks herself up, admitting to herself (never on mic, of course) that he at least pulled that off.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Momentum +2, Audience +2

Heat: Mikaela +3, Memnon +4, Le Grande Morte +0, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

Honda delivers a double-axehandle smash to the back of his hunched over opponent, who counters with an elbow smash. He stumbles back, both dazed and insulted. With a shout he moves in again with a series of back hand chops (each met with a "Woo!" from the smarks in the crowd). Again Mikaela starts to punch back, but an impatient Honda knocks her down with a lariat!

quote:

This is mostly basic, showy stuff so I'm rolling Look.

2d6+2 = 13

I take 1 Heat and keep control.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat: Mikaela +4, Memnon +4, Le Grande Morte +0, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

Honda is INFURIATED at the chants for his opponent! He runs at her for another lariat, but she ducks and stops him at the rebound with a chop of her own. The two grapple for a time before Honda unleashes a snapmare, which he follows with a chin lock, working the injured head and neck of his opponent! Mikaela steadfastly refuses to tap and tries to fight her way out.

quote:

This is closer to Work, so

2d6 = 5, Spend 2 Momentum to make it a 7 and get back one, and I am relinquishing control.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo lands hard on the mat, and is still a little dazed as he picks himself up.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo staggers to his feet after kicking out, hunched over and looking angrier than usual. He expected this fight to be an easy one, but now it's a war!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Momentum +1, Audience +2

Heat: Mikaela +4, Memnon +4

Takeo is the first to stir as the ref begins to count them out. He grabs a rope and slowly pulls himself up, and as Mikaela follows suit he meets her at the center of the ring.

The two exchange blows, a "YAY!" coming from the crowd whenever Mikaela lands a punch, and a "BOO!" whenever Takeo does. Takeo winds up for a big swing, misses, takes a chop to the back from Mikaela. She tries to get a chin lock in place, but Takeo wisely ducks out of it and hits her with a jawbreaker! As she's hunched over, he grabs her by the hair and lifts her up for a side suplex, but...

quote:

Wrestling Move, I'll say +Look

2d6+2=4. Snake eyes. Mikaela counters, gets +1 Momentum and control.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +0

Takeo backs to a corner as his opponent recovers, and charges just as she stands...

quote:

Finishing Move = 4. Welp.

He seems to trip as he charges, colliding with Mikaela headfirst and the two of them stumbling over in the ring.

(Gonna leave this open if the announcers want to salvage it, otherwise I've made the choice...)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +0

Fortunately, the audience is still hot enough from the match that nobody seems to notice the botch, and the folks at home are bolstered by the commentary. Mikaela and Takeo are both lying on the mat, and the referee starts a count out. Mikaela stays out dead cold, letting Takeo crawl over and drape one arm across for the pin.

1... 2... 3!

Takeo starts to recover as the ref raises his hand in victory. His next match later tonight will be... difficult.

Both gain +1 Momentum, and I believe we can both mark an Audience increase.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +3, Momentum +1

Heat: Mikaela +4, Memnon +4, Margarethe 0

A couple of NPW-focused segments go by, then-

We cut to the locker room, where two medical technicians are looking over Takeo, who is sitting up on the bench. Tom is next to him.

Tom: "Ladies and gentlemen, we've finally been allowed to have a word with Takeo Honda, who is being patched up after Margarethe Wolfram's surprise attack. Takeo, will you be ready next week and how are you going to respond to your opponent?"

Takeo: "I know now who my real enemy is. A woman who is so proud of her reputation that she fears anyone who may eclipse her. Margarethe Wolfram was a great fighter, but her time grows short, and she knows it. That is why she ambushed me like a coward. But I will shake this off, and I will show her that her time has ended! Next week I will become the #1 contender, and then, I will become the champion!"

quote:

Cutting a Promo again.

2d6+2=7

I'll take 1 Heat with Margarethe since God knows i need it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Jack Walker here, folks, in the saddle for this creature feature main event! We've got a dinosahr and a dragon in the ring, Memnon's a maniac, and I don't know about you but I'm not entirely sure Curupira is from this planet! We may have to rebuild the Globaldome after this one!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Oh, it's gonna take way more than that to bring down the big man. Dragon's showing a lot of flash out there but he needs to bring the heat!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Oh man, this is absolute chaos! I don't know how the ref is gonna bring this under control- or what Curupira or Dino is gonna do to put these boys away!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Heat: Memnon +3, Mikaela +4, Margarethe +1, others +0

Audience: +3, Momentum resets to +2

Ken Honda was never adamantly opposed to endorsements, but he was very careful about his image. He was always opposed to looking like a buffoon, and turned down TV ads which had him in a comedic role.

The NutriYum campaign is amusing enough. Takeo and a kid are meeting in a dojo, preparing to fight- the kid takes a bite of a Nutriyum bar and puts Takeo in a headlock- at least that's the first spot. They have plans for others. But it definitely makes Takeo look like a joke, and right now, as his star is starting to rise, he's relying on his mystique. He needs to still be this unapproachable figure, and tapping to an 8-year-old is just the kind of weakness snarky babyfaces love to exploit in promos.

He has his agent kindly tell Sweetums' ad firm that "While your offer is generous and was seriously considered, my client feels strongly that it does not entirely fit the direction of his career and character. My client is at a crucial moment in his wrestling career and must focus on that for the present. We wish you the best of luck with your product and campaign."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Bob Manning here! Memnon coming in fast and aggressive against the Outback Overlord. It's a risky strategy and- yes, I think the Dingo has him scouted! Two can play this game!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"I can hardly blame them. Were I given to emotional displays myself, I would be compelled to show my appreciation for what is truly a remarkable feat of stamina here. Memnon hasn't just endured all of the Dingo's punishment, he is now overpowering his assailant. We knew this match wasn't going to be pretty, but I have a feeling the worst is yet to come."

• Locked thread