Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Anime Curator posted:

he brought his intercontinental title to the ring, than looked at it, and just walked out.
holy poo poo is this really how it went down

because if i saw this i might literally cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

cams posted:

yeah he left it in the center of the ring.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Anime Curator posted:

he is doing tough enough/healing. I hope he comes back though.

Oh thank god. Now for an even more important question, is Stone Cold hosting tough enough again?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cams posted:

Do you remember the pre rumble promo where he was all fiery about how he was coming back and he was gonna win, well it was the exact opposite of that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh thank god. Now for an even more important question, is Stone Cold hosting tough enough again?

No. Chris Jericho is though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Chris Jericho.

Hopefully Daniel Bryan will be back in time to ruin another Rumble.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Anime Curator posted:

No. Chris Jericho is though.

This is the worst news ever topping Bryan being injured again

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

This is the worst news ever topping Bryan being injured again

I agree.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Jetfire posted:

"The anticipated, must-see WWE Elimination Chamber event will emanate from Corpus Christi, Texas, where the WWE Tag Team Championships and the newly vacant Intercontinental Championship will be defended inside the infamous structure."

So, a tag chamber match.

So isn't that just a War-Games match? Start with 1 of each team in the match with the partners in the cells, and then you just do a loving War Games.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Isn't Corpus Christie one of the worst crowds they play to? Seems a real waste of their best gimmick.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
There are only so many buildings they can run an Elimination Chamber in. Pretty much if there is a giant screen at the top of the arena they can't use it for EC anymore.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jetfire posted:

"The anticipated, must-see WWE Elimination Chamber event will emanate from Corpus Christi, Texas, where the WWE Tag Team Championships and the newly vacant Intercontinental Championship will be defended inside the infamous structure."

So, a tag chamber match.

Unless they mean two matches, one for Tag and one for IC.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'd like it if daniel bryan were healthy enough to come back but honestly at this point and with his injuries i'd almost rather he retire while he's ahead

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Cardboard Box posted:

i'd like it if daniel bryan were healthy enough to come back but honestly at this point and with his injuries i'd almost rather he retire while he's ahead

Exactly this. I love the guy, but rather than seeing him put on a handful of matches a year then spend the rest of it on the shelf, I'd much rather know he's not killing himself for our entertainment.

The fact he's on the Tough Enough panel may give him the itch to train talent knowing that his body is giving up on him and he will likely not be given big chances in the ring anymore. Send him to the Performance Centre to coach the guys there and make the most of his talents in that way.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
3 PPVs in 6 weeks lol

Marked for Axelmania and Macho Mandow teaming up.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

El Generico posted:

The man can't stop bumping like he's still in ROH.

Lmao at the red text

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
They're seriously doing another PPV main event where the real focus will be on Kane's moral dilemma. :geno:

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Minidust posted:

They're seriously doing another PPV main event where the real focus will be on Kane's moral dilemma. :geno:

I don't even mind this so much except that it takes the drama out of the main event because now the story is "What is going to happen when Kane interferes?"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I'm reading Shawn Michael's most recent book, the one about his Christianity.

The most intreguing part so far is surrounding Eddie's death. They're trying to plan the tribute Raw, and Vince wants to do some kind of prayer for the boys backstage But he tells Shawn that "I talk to God in my own way" and wants Shawn to lead it. He is sure to re-iterate "I pray my own way"

I wonder what the hell a Vince McMahon prayer is, that he has to be so secretive about it.

I want a tell-all book about Vince so bad.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

triplexpac posted:

So I'm reading Shawn Michael's most recent book, the one about his Christianity.

The most intreguing part so far is surrounding Eddie's death. They're trying to plan the tribute Raw, and Vince wants to do some kind of prayer for the boys backstage But he tells Shawn that "I talk to God in my own way" and wants Shawn to lead it. He is sure to re-iterate "I pray my own way"

I wonder what the hell a Vince McMahon prayer is, that he has to be so secretive about it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22ovve_mr-mcmahon-and-shane-mcmahon-go-to-church-raw-4-10-2006_sport

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The article on WWE.com pretty much confirms EC is going to be a full card.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I wonder if one of the PPV broadcasters is going to threaten to not carry Payback because Elimination Chamber is internet only.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What happened on raw

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
You people have been hoping Bray would be the New Undertaker. What you don't realize is that we have a new Undertaker and his name is Daniel Bryan.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Writer Cath posted:

You people have been hoping Bray would be the New Undertaker. What you don't realize is that we have a new Undertaker and his name is Daniel Bryan.

eagerly looking forward to Biker Bryan

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Beef Waifu posted:

Is he retiring or is this just a healing thing? The poo poo I've been seeing makes it sound like he's done for good.

He doesn't know because he's lying about going to an actual doctor but my bet is he's going to become Kurt Angle.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Writer Cath posted:

Meet the New Undertaker. Same as the old Undertaker.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

Ahead? He's the IC champ lmao

e: former IC champ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Is he retiring or is this just a healing thing? The poo poo I've been seeing makes it sound like he's done for good.

He basically acknowledged that there's an equally likely chance that he heals as there is he's wrestled his last match, and that the only thing he was sure of is the belt deserves defended in front of the fans, so he left it in-ring and walked out. None of the fans know how severe the injury is, it could be neck-related again or it could be concussion-related, or something completely different.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm afraid since they didn't mention what the injury was that he's finally too scrambled from concussions to wrestle. That would be a bad thing to admit during a concussions lawsuit.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The theory I heard put forward by realposters in the GDT is that if it weren't concussion-related he would have probably specified just what the injury is, what with the trial going on and poo poo.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Concussions have take Benoit from me and deprived me of many years of watching Sterling James Keenan/Corey Graves and Daniel Bryan Danielson wrestle six star matches in front of 70,000 screaming hulkamaniacs, brother.

I hate concussions. We should start a letter writing campaign against them or something.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dave's theory on the PPV: they're not happy with the network numbers. What's the best way to boost network numbers? Have a PPV that starts at 8PM on May 31, ends at 11PM, and hope that people who watched it and were going to cancel don't remember to before midnight. Starting it at 9 and ending at 12:15 would be too carny.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-4yHZr0b9M

Can't blame her for trying.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave's theory on the PPV: they're not happy with the network numbers. What's the best way to boost network numbers? Have a PPV that starts at 8PM on May 31, ends at 11PM, and hope that people who watched it and were going to cancel don't remember to before midnight. Starting it at 9 and ending at 12:15 would be too carny.

You can cancel whenever you want though, you'll always retain access for the month you paid for. I always "cancel" the auto-renew whenever I'm subscribed.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Didn't film it horizontal, disqualified.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm not watching wrestling in 2007

oatgan fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 12, 2015

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

triplexpac posted:

Vince just gets talent relations to call God.

pressedbunny posted:

Didn't film it horizontal, disqualified.

Why does it move around like that?

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm afraid since they didn't mention what the injury was that he's finally too scrambled from concussions to wrestle. That would be a bad thing to admit during a concussions lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Padje posted:

Why does it move around like that?
The 'jelly' effect is because digital camera sensors, when filming video or using an electronic shutter for stills, read the scene a line at a time. If the camera is shaking, or the scene it is filming is moving, the top and bottom of the image will move at very slightly different times, making the perspective wobble. It gets more pronounced the closer your subject is and the further the background is. Vertical shooting also makes the wobble more apparent as you've got more time, looking from top to bottom, to notice the irratic, delayed movement.

So really, she got just about everything wrong. No wonder they fired her.

• Locked thread