Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Rusty Shackelford posted:

If he continues to come back, a head may be the only part left that works.

Deciding to come back basically proves that his head doesn't actually work in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave's theory on the PPV: they're not happy with the network numbers. What's the best way to boost network numbers? Have a PPV that starts at 8PM on May 31, ends at 11PM, and hope that people who watched it and were going to cancel don't remember to before midnight. Starting it at 9 and ending at 12:15 would be too carny.

At this point, they might as well say gently caress it and make $9.99 the price of two months. "Buy 1 month, get 1 month free!' and hope it's enough time where people forget to cancel.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave's theory on the PPV: they're not happy with the network numbers. What's the best way to boost network numbers? Have a PPV that starts at 8PM on May 31, ends at 11PM, and hope that people who watched it and were going to cancel don't remember to before midnight. Starting it at 9 and ending at 12:15 would be too carny.

That's a stupid theory, because you cancel prior to the month being over and it won't instantly end your subscription.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Astro7x posted:

That's a stupid theory, because you cancel prior to the month being over and it won't instantly end your subscription.

His other thought was "well if it's not on cable why don't they just make the PPV run over midnight so people have to renew to see the EC match?"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Something that's a pleasant surprise is how John Cena has become the workhorse champion and I've been enjoying his matches week in and week out. Mid-card John Cena is the best John Cena.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So what happened during Raw?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Every John Cena is a good John Cena and this company will be really funny when he finally cuts his schedule back/does movies/retires/becomes a farm.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Luigi Thirty posted:

His other thought was "well if it's not on cable why don't they just make the PPV run over midnight so people have to renew to see the EC match?"

I don't think that the goal is to keep subscribers that joined for free in May, but to retain the Wrestlemania subscribers that signed up on the 29th that will need keep subscribing for the 31st Elimination Chamber PPV.

They clearly know what day of the month the majority of their subscriptions lapse on. Just like how Sirius-XM knows that a huge amount of subscriptions expire on Jan 1st because it coincided with Howard Stern starting with them, so that's when they really try to push programming and deals to keep people subscribed.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

keevo posted:

So what happened during Raw?

daddy's home

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Chris James 2 posted:

:lol: we're getting 2 3-hour PPVs with only 2 weeks build each back to back
It's not such a big deal when every episode of Raw is longer than a PPV.

:negative:

That's a huge thing now that I think of it. PPVs used to stand out because they were three times as long as a regular show. Now Raw is basically required to waste time in order to keep the "special events" special.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

It's not such a big deal when every episode of Raw is longer than a PPV.

:negative:

That's a huge thing now that I think of it. PPVs used to stand out because they were three times as long as a regular show. Now Raw is basically required to waste time in order to keep the "special events" special.

With commercials for RAW it's not longer at all.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well I guess "the experience of watching live" is 3:10 vs. like 2:50 if I wanna be pedantic about it. It's the amount of time that WWE is asking of its viewers.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
There should be around 43 minutes of commercials in the average Raw per the average amount of commercials/hour.

Basically, the Raws feel longer than the PPVs.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Yeah if you want to get into semantic sure, but raw still starts at 8 and ends at 11:15ish every week while a PPV is generally done before 11 pm.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Raw's not that long guys, you just need to DVR it and then skip 20-25% of what you recorded.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Great White Hope posted:

Raw's not that long guys, you just need to DVR it and then skip 20-25% of what you recorded.

Why would I possibly do that when the best part of Raw is the GDT liveposting???

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I can't even imagine watching Raw without friends or a GDT to shitpost in. Like, even fast forwarding through stuff, I'd rather ingest poison

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fat Lowtax posted:

I can't even imagine watching Raw without friends or a GDT to shitpost in. Like, even fast forwarding through stuff, I'd rather ingest poison

Strong take, Fat Lowtax.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
It depends, how much poison are we talking here?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Technically fast food is poison, and cooked hamburgers are much better than Raw.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Anime Curator posted:

daddy's home

No but really outside of DB's death and that brilliant main event that no one could have predicted, what happened?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Shima Honnou posted:

It depends, how much poison are we talking here?

A lethal dose

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Muddy Burphy posted:

A lethal dose

Tough sell but an acceptable alternative.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There's commercials and interminable shilling on PPV's too.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Me last spring: "Oh boy I can't wait to finally see Daniel Bryan in person when RAW comes to Richmond! And he's gonna be the champ and--" :smith:

Me this spring: "Oh boy this time I finally get to see Daniel Bryan live and he's IC champ and he'll probably have a really hot feud and--" :smith:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If Bryan comes back just never let him near any titles he seems to have developed a chronic allergy to gold

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

keevo posted:

No but really outside of DB's death and that brilliant main event that no one could have predicted, what happened?

Cena and Neville had an awesome match where Neville was surprisingly protected.

Ambrose had a fun silly match with J&J where he played the hometown hero.

Kane and Reigns had a non-match brawl to advertise a THERE MUST BE A WINNER MATCH on Smackdown.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I watched the main a second ago. I hope despite how it all went down, Ambrose and Reigns remain bros. That's the best part of anything they do. I especially liked when Randy turned around and Reigns looked over at Ambrose and smiled saying watch this before spearing Orton.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Payback Prediction: Rusev refuses to say "I quit" after a terrible besting and several STF locks. Lana says "I quit" instead to save Rusev and turn face as Rusev blows up in anger at her and Cena saves the day protecting Lana cementing her face turn.

Rusev loses to Tough Enough Winner on main event next year.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Power Windows posted:

Me last spring: "Oh boy I can't wait to finally see Daniel Bryan in person when RAW comes to Richmond! And he's gonna be the champ and--" :smith:

Me this spring: "Oh boy this time I finally get to see Daniel Bryan live and he's IC champ and he'll probably have a really hot feud and--" :smith:

You next spring: "Oh boy I finally get to see Daniel Bryan alive and--" :smith:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

bradzilla posted:

If Bryan comes back just never let him near any titles he seems to have developed a chronic allergy to gold
he was fine when he was heel WHC.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ahead? He's the IC champ lmao

e: former IC champ

i think its pretty obvious that i meant physically ahead of being crippled or worse

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Kaveman posted:

Payback Prediction: Rusev refuses to say "I quit" after a terrible besting and several STF locks. Lana says "I quit" instead to save Rusev and turn face as Rusev blows up in anger at her and Cena saves the day protecting Lana cementing her face turn.

Rusev loses to Tough Enough Winner on main event next year.

I hope that Rusev puts Lana in peril to the point that All-American Hero Cena is forced to say "I quit," and then she turns heel again anyway

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am going to the Smackdown taping tonight. I am sure it shall be awful but whatever... WRESTLING!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

let us know if daniel bryan is back yet

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

bradzilla posted:

Ironic because he's probably treating it with colloidal silver.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mons Hubris posted:

Ironic because he's probably treating it with colloidal silver.

Confirmed: Bryan to return in 12 months with blue skin.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Djarum posted:

I am going to the Smackdown taping tonight. I am sure it shall be awful but whatever... WRESTLING!

report back if they've begun selling KotR crowns and scepters.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
lol at the PPV main events between Mania and Summerslam

ER - Orton/Rollins
Payback - Rollins/Orton/Ambrose/Reigns
EC - probably Rollins/Orton/Ambrose/Reigns/Kane/Big Show
MitB - probably Rollins/Kane
Battleground - probably Rollins/Kane again
Summerslam - almost certainly Rollins/Brock

Not much to get excited about there, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

actually roman reigns is going over at summerslam and brock lesnar is never going to mention the title ever again

• Locked thread