Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Greetings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

CJacobs posted:

RAM really isn't all that useful, it's like the least important PC part if you've already got 4-ish gb

Except that I already have another 4gb lying around, I just haven't installed it because win32 doesn't recognise more than 3.5gb

Pretty sure I'll notice a huge difference going from 3.5 to 8

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
RAM? RAM? Who cares about RAM anymore. Cache is the new RAM. Get on my level.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Jen! ram IS memory!!!

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i dont get any of this, i jut use my computer, who cares about bits oooooh high tech pc lol this isnt the 90s tryna improve quake gamespeed get the real in

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Moola posted:

Except that I already have another 4gb lying around, I just haven't installed it because win32 doesn't recognise more than 3.5gb

Pretty sure I'll notice a huge difference going from 3.5 to 8

Oh well yeah if you already have it then why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

• Locked thread