Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Scrubs could have decent episodes but when it was bad it was embarrassing. Also loving lol at any hospital where CNAs and the myriad of technicians don't exist because paying for all the extras is expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cantaloupe posted:

Can anyone who watched the last season on ABC confirm/deny whether it gave satisfying endings to the arcs of these beloved characters?

The last season was a decent return-to-form for the show, honestly. Not great but they did put out an excellent finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aekVGeBwKI4

The Medical School spin-offs is atrocious at first but gets good p. much the instant Zach Braff's character leaves, but since he sticks around the entire first half of the season no one but idiots like me in TVIV back in 09 found out.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I did like how they quickly ran out of poo poo for Turk to do so they gave him diabetes and it impacted the show like, once after that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fusilli Jerry posted:

janitor became lovely when they started doing poo poo like giving him a light blue uniform, carla was lovely all the way thru, jd was kinda likeable at first, but then he became too whiny about everything, cox was gr8 up until they gave him a kid, turk was alright i guess until he got married, and loving elliot is like the peggy hill of this show

I put it in an ancient TVIV thread but the breakdown is simple:

Season 1-3: Worth watching if you watch any of the show at all.

Season 4-5: The "good" wacky years. poo poo starts to get really cartoony but everyone is also kind-of liberated by it so there's still some good stuff. Season 5 in particular has some nice stuff.

Season 6-7: the "bad" wacky years. Even if the writer's strike hadn't crippled them there was clear creative fatigue and this more than anywhere is where JD firmly mutates into a grotesque abomination of his former self. And Private Dancer wastes a loving ton of our time. Seriously. gently caress Private Dancer.

Season 8: A weird return to form for the most part and a solid close-out to the series.

Season 9: The first half bites, but the second half shows the outline of a potentially good show completely worthy of succeeding Scrubs, but the damage had been done and it wasn't coming back. Also the girl who plays annoying JD-substitute Lucy is super hot and continues to be super hot in the AMC show "Halt and Catch Fire."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Neurosis posted:

Scrubs is inoffensive humour for people who are white in the worst way

Not untrue at all, but it still has some episodes and gags worth a once-over.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Planarch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boT8ixXocCc

I used to think stuff like this was unrealistic but apparently it's a thing, or used to be.

I actually work in a hospital now and while Scrubs is all exaggerated and TV the general atmosphere translates pretty well, where things feel kind-of dumb and goofy until "oh poo poo dying person everyone battlestations."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

thathonkey posted:

The Boondocks or somethin maybe

The Boondocks is about black characters but was designed with a white market in mind.

• Locked thread