Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.
It's actually a lot easier to manage a single agent, but it gets much more difficult to actually complete missions.

One thing I've learned in expert is that it's not a bad idea to have multiple neural disrupters. I just left a chief financial suite with 6 guards stunned on the floor just from pinning/chain stunning. Volt disrupters are also good for the same reason but I don't like having to manage power for weapon use. Also, tagging enemies is the best, especially with seed/wisp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.
Emergency Reserves seems flat out better than Abacus to me. +5 power on the next turn when you dip below 3 power, 3 turn cooldown. I always use Seed though, which is a lot easier to maintain at low power. Never seen Abacus 2, though.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.
Finished my expert plus ironman run today, first attempt on expert plus (though I've been doing a lot of 1 minute time attack). I really don't like Expert Plus but I figured I'd get it out of the way just to make sure I could actually do it. Went with Central and On File Banks with Seed / Parasite, hit up a server farm early and got Oracle / Lockpick 2.0 / Ping / Emergency Reserves, selling off parasite. Also got a vault card from monster early, hit up a cyber lab and stuffed central with a terrible spread of augments: the cloak on stim use, 50% chance of +1 power per turn, and improved dragging speed. So I put all my resources into kitting out Central so I could make use of the stim cloak thing, at the next to last mission (nanofab) I had her with 4/1/3/3 stats, a hand cannon, stim 1, stim 3, cloaking rig 3, neural disruptor. Then leaving that mission I got caught in a really bad spot and ended up leaving central behind. I think it was -11000 or -16000 net worth or some poo poo. Oh yeah, this is also where I learned that the cloak on stim use augment breaks on movement or something, because I'd have been 100% fine otherwise. Whatever.

Pulled off some massive stealth/ping hijinks in the last mission, managed to clear it with only ko'ing a single guard, which is good because the only things I had going into that were Banks with no additional augments, a neural disrupter, a neural disrupter 3, and the custom paralyzer. Don't think I upgraded her stats either.

Teslavi fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 19, 2015

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.
Ping program is a good way. I haven't tried them personally, but the holo cover items say they produce sound. The ability to distract is a little too good, which I imagine is why sprinting doesn't allow you to cancel mid sprint.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

RoboCicero posted:

You definitely want something better than Rapier by OMNI due to how many devices start rebooting and how quickly the alarm levels rise. It's more or less for this reason that I switched over to Fusion/Lockpick and trying to pick up something like Hammer by the end.

Has anyone bought any of the Wrench programs? It seems like Wrench 2 or Wrench 3 probably gives you the best coverage (depending on if you want to use Wrench before or after the Alarm 2 firewall bump) but I haven't taken the dip yet just because Incognita slots are so precious.

I think if you take rapier, you should be doing so with the intent to sell it immediately once you find pretty much anything else. I think Rapier has the highest value of all the starting programs, and with the exception of brimstone, you eventually want to replace them anyway.

I like Wrench 3 a lot since a lot of firewalls will either start at 3 or upgrade to 3 after the security level raises enough. My ideal loadout is seed/lockpick 2.0/oracle/wisp/hammer, but I can live with wrench 3 instead of hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

wolfman101 posted:

I thought rapier was best at the end of the game when you have more dudes with more speed and better equipment. The early game is what sucks because you have to crawl across the map and you might not find all the safes before level 3.

I can understand that logic, but I don't think rapier is good enough beyond day 2 when 2 firewall becomes the norm. Stuff like lockpick 2.0 and parasite 2.0 are just more potent overall.

If you can finish missions quickly and quietly, rapier is great. But when poo poo goes wrong, it sucks having to use a 4-7 power rapier. If you have another firewall cracking program it's fine to keep rapier around, but I'd rather have the 300 credits and another program slot.

• Locked thread