Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.
Well, I have to say, this game is already looking a lot better than the second. Even though I have all three I've never gotten around to playing the second two, and certainly after watching the LP of VC2 I have no desire to play that one. I have no idea what they were thinking there. But this looks interesting--too bad it never got a release outside of Japan.

The translation patch seems to have quite a lot of visual glitches, the text is quite often misaligned from the box it's supposed to be in, I wonder what was the issue there. Especially since it only happens sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Apepresident posted:

The translation patch causes all kinds of problems and text being wrong or not fitting inside the boxes is the least bit of trouble. Some aces won't drop their weapons and sometimes you can't get your hard earned rewards for some missions.
It's probably wise to always have the original japanese gamefile by your side, just in case.

Wow, that's pretty bad. I assume it's not going to be fixed considering no updates on the translation project website since about 18 months. Oh well, probably we should be happy that even in this form the patch even exists--shouldn't complain too much about people who did this in their free time, maybe it was just a difficult game to patch. A legitimate western release is certainly not happening at this point, I think that's pretty clear.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

BioMe posted:

Does the game use its own font or the PSP's? I had text issues emulating a few games until someone pointed out PPSSPP doesn't have the same font files a real PSP does because of copyright issues. It should be pretty easy to extract them from a PSP system folders, so it's always worth trying.

I am fairly sure it's the game's own font since it's the same one or very similar to one used in Valkyria Chronicles 1.

OddObserver posted:

Well, it's a beta version of the patch. One of the things they were asking for as feedback was info on textboxes that overflowed, IIRC... Just it seems like the project died for some reason.

It may be a beta, but it's also been a year and a half since anything was posted on project's website so I think it's safe to assume that what we got we got and there is unlikely to be anything else (fixes, translating the stuff that still remains, etc.)

• Locked thread