Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Update is ready to install

The update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. Adobe recommends that you always install the latest updates

*5 seconds passes*

The update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. Adobe recommends that you always install the latest updates

*5 seconds passes*

*5 seconds passes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
lol if the version you use isn't several years old.

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!

lordoftheT posted:

lol if the version you use isn't several years old.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

who uses adobe reader :barf:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

who uses adobe reader :barf:

People that have it installed on their work computers

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

same but also Flash

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
Developers that make annoying software should be pilloried for months at a time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

osx supremacy

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

actionjackson posted:

People that have it installed on their work computers

Ah the outdated office. "We learned to use software once now you want us to learn another one? WHERE WILL IT END!?"

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Doesn't chrome open pdfs now?

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

gently caress everything that doesnt display properly in netscape 1.0

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
C:\>format c:

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
tell it to gently caress off.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Windows 98 posted:

Doesn't chrome open pdfs now?

Yes

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Java.
Screw java, seriously.
There's a new version out every 2 weeks it seems like.
There's an entire division that has to scan documents using a stupid scanning program that REQUIRES java.
Every time java updates I have to go through and update the entire agency.
Thank god for PDQ Deploy.
Now if I could just figure out why some machines won't take the updates at night.
Probably users that turn their computers off.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

Java.
Screw java, seriously.
There's a new version out every 2 weeks it seems like.
There's an entire division that has to scan documents using a stupid scanning program that REQUIRES java.
Every time java updates I have to go through and update the entire agency.
Thank god for PDQ Deploy.
Now if I could just figure out why some machines won't take the updates at night.
Probably users that turn their computers off.

I get java a lot too, with the "do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer" dialog

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i've been using a third party pdf reader since like 2008

w00t, unironically

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's very easy to gauge someone's intelligence based on whether they update java applications or not.

The top 2 reasons people get malware is through javascript and outdated adobe applications.

Hth unironically.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

a bone to pick posted:

It's very easy to gauge someone's intelligence based on whether they update java applications or not.

The top 2 reasons people get malware is through javascript and outdated adobe applications.

Hth unironically.

you know Java and Javascript are not the same thing right?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

a bone to pick posted:

Hth unironically.

We disabled ads on our firewall completely. The amount of infected machines we have gotten since is a drop in the bucket compared to before. Frigging infected ads and morons that click everything are a bad combination.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

a bone to pick posted:

Hth unironically.

this is true.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

actionjackson posted:

I get java a lot too, with the "do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer" dialog

Well turn the action center off then noob.

Also no one better continue talking poo poo about java in here. Do you kids even know what it was like before java?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

hello end user, would you like to have the ask.com toolbar? of course you would. here are some more toolbars. these will help you surf the internet more effectively. it is a service, a great addon to your browsing experience

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

sumatra PDF reader supremacy

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if i get on someones laptop or pc and see that they have any adware or toolbars i immediately lose respect for them as a human being

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Happy Bear Suit posted:

sumatra PDF reader supremacy

also this

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

loving Adobe, if I wanted to pay attention I'd have a bunch of loving smelly nagging children, make like my dog and lay on the couch

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
Immunizations are like security updates for the body r/showerthoughts +1000

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

if i get on someones laptop or pc and see that they have any adware or toolbars i immediately lose respect for them as a human being

for realz

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Realtalk, I use adobe acrobat for the OCR, is there a good alternative?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tony Homo posted:

C:\>format c:
this looks so wrong outside of [fixed]C:\>format c:[/fixed] tags

naem
May 29, 2011

I worked briefly at Adobe in an indirect way that I will not explain, and they had an entire wall of printed out emails of people FURIOUSLY about Adobe reader being. Installed on their machine like a comedy goldmine

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

I worked briefly at Adobe in an indirect way that I will not explain, and they had an entire wall of printed out emails of people FURIOUS about Adobe reader being installed on their machine, like a comedy goldmine

I had to read that 3 times to get it, is this what you meant to say?

This story needs to be told in full. Needs.

naem
May 29, 2011

Squish posted:

I had to read that 3 times to get it, is this what you meant to say?

This story needs to be told in full. Needs.

Imagine an fyad goonluls thread only its printed out and an entire wall of furious emails from people mad that Adobes free whatever software is on their computer

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
hmm yes op let me install literal garbage spyware on my computer that collects my keypad strokes in the background

sure thing here

i go

you satupid human being

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

naem posted:

Imagine an fyad goonluls thread only its printed out and an entire wall of furious emails from people mad that Adobes free whatever software is on their computer

I'd be mad too
gently caress it, I am mad, the dipshit IT department have set up our computers all retarded so every time I log in Adobe reader and Java try and fail to elevate privileges to update themselves. can't update em can't uninstall em either

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55P-UHdZ7WI

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

One of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008