Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got a few codes while trying to get a 2* one:

Supreme: C8H1WB82M2C6DTPDU1
Supreme: X5Q9NSQTXIXRNVGPV7
Supreme: 1KBHWHI7XOEYKUCVQA
Ultimate: 1OPKS4YOMCVMVF5CQH
Super: 3TUV5AR4RQLRKS87BK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Echophonic posted:

Supreme: C8H1WB82M2C6DTPDU1
Ultimate: 1OPKS4YOMCVMVF5CQH
Super: 3TUV5AR4RQLRKS87BK

Took these three. Thanks!

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

Supreme: X5Q9NSQTXIXRNVGPV7

Took this one. BTW, how are people getting more angels?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Violet_Sky posted:

Mostly through spending gems on Angel Chests in my case. I have Glacia and Nyssa at 2*s from that and buying stones in the shop.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Violet_Sky posted:

angel trial, you can get lunaria and glacia to 2* from there before you hit 40, then stop leveling them and focus on getting nyssa to 3*. you can pick up nocturna and loralei if you're a completionist, but they don't seem worth the point investment.

my question is which of the 55 tier angels should I save for? from looking at their skills, none of them are really healers.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

padijun posted:

angel trial, you can get lunaria and glacia to 2* from there before you hit 40, then stop leveling them and focus on getting nyssa to 3*. you can pick up nocturna and loralei if you're a completionist, but they don't seem worth the point investment.

my question is which of the 55 tier angels should I save for? from looking at their skills, none of them are really healers.

I would have thought glacia would be better to level with her silence. Am I wrong?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Applied to GoonSquad as mst3kluv. I'm not sure if the spillover guild name was posted here or not. Are there two Goodsquads? :downs:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I pulled a 3* Dark Paladin from the 10 get draw, so that was pretty exciting. I've also gotten a variety of heroes from other places, so now I'm starting to reconsider my team formation. Are any of the heroes you start out with high priorities to replace?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Moldy Taxes posted:

I pulled a 3* Dark Paladin from the 10 get draw, so that was pretty exciting. I've also gotten a variety of heroes from other places, so now I'm starting to reconsider my team formation. Are any of the heroes you start out with high priorities to replace?

I'd say ditch Mermaid in favor of Djinni, personally.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tony Homo posted:

I would have thought glacia would be better to level with her silence. Am I wrong?

I think that a healer is better for the tower, and you want to get something to 3* for the defense bonus asap, and nyssa caps out 10 levels higher, so if you're only going to invest in one it should be her

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I went back and added two people (one slot + one purge) to guild. Next slot will open in a day or two. The exp to level the guild up has jumped immensely.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Moldy Taxes posted:

You can replace pretty much any of the starters except Pyrona with whatever you like.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Level 50 is the big hurdle. At that point the one item you need to jump to Purple requires multiple ingredients that require 20(!) items to make each. You are looking at having to farm 60 pieces to make that one item. You can opt to spend cash but each of them would be equivalent to 35 dollars per character. So if you get a new character and wish to level him up to 50+ you have to jump that 50th level hurdle all over again to be competitive.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I hit 55, got Amora to 2*, fully leveled her up, and then I realized... poo poo, not having a healer of ANY sort in my main team sort of sucks. :v:

Suck it up for 6 days to get a 2* Djinn or invest in Mermaid? Dunno who I'd replace out of:

Summoner/Pyrona (back)
Rose Knight/Atalanta/Werewolf

e: Athena is my target at 70, though. I don't know how long it will take to go from 55 to 70.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tony Homo posted:

Level 50 is the big hurdle. At that point the one item you need to jump to Purple requires multiple ingredients that require 20(!) items to make each. You are looking at having to farm 60 pieces to make that one item. You can opt to spend cash but each of them would be equivalent to 35 dollars per character. So if you get a new character and wish to level him up to 50+ you have to jump that 50th level hurdle all over again to be competitive.

If you can reliably 3* the hero trials it's not that hard, to be honest. You'll get a complete item to drop sometimes, and even if you don't you're getting almost half of the shards just from doing the trial 3 times. I find, depending on how lucky I am, it takes 1-3 days to complete one of the 60 piece items. Usually only 1 or 2, if it takes 3 days I got really unlucky.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Tsurupettan posted:

I hit 55, got Amora to 2*, fully leveled her up, and then I realized... poo poo, not having a healer of ANY sort in my main team sort of sucks. :v:

Suck it up for 6 days to get a 2* Djinn or invest in Mermaid? Dunno who I'd replace out of:

Summoner/Pyrona (back)
Rose Knight/Atalanta/Werewolf

e: Athena is my target at 70, though. I don't know how long it will take to go from 55 to 70.

Djinn I think, replacing Atalanta or WW. WW is probably a better unit, but Summoner/Atalanta has nice back line kill potential.

Also, I finally had the foresight to record a unit's stats before and after star promotion - they're a pretty big deal!

Berserker Claw (3* -> 4*, level 51, Purple+0)
HP: 7393 -> 9072
PA: 1689 -> 1932
PD: 757 -> 854
MD: 787 -> 886
Agi: 495 -> 576
Hit: 60.6 -> 65.6
Dodge: 153.4 -> 165.7
Crit: 261.4 -> 281.6
Tenacity: 25- > 25
Parry: 53.9 -> 58.3
HP Recover: 650 -> 650
Rage Regen 85 -> 85

(I may or may not have gotten 3 Berserker Claws from Super Divines on top of the free one.)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I was thinking of replacing Rose Knight, actually. But he's almost 4*, too. So is Berserker Claw. This is a hard choice.

e: Berserker Claw does a ton of damage, his stun is amazing and he's super loving fast once you invest in his runes.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
FYI, the spillover guild is called GoonPlatoon and i'm the current head of it so feel free to join.

If you could add it to the OP that'd be nice too!

misterevilcat
Apr 30, 2009
It took me until level 34 to realize you can change the position of your 5 chosen heroes by clicking and dragging them to whatever spot you want once you've picked them. :negative:
Other things I learned today: you can quit fighting a team with no penalty in angel trial, but you're locked into whichever team you picked. There also doesn't seem to be any stamina cost for aborting/failing stages in the campaign, which is nice.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Made my 10x pull, and got a Shadowknight, Grimbow, and my 3* was a Nereid. She seems pretty cool, since she's a mage who can stun.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just 3*'d Pyrona. This should get good. :getin:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Did a 10x pull because I thought it was a good event to buy the rest of the way to VIP 4 on and spend some diamonds. Got a Djinn (literally exactly what I needed), Exorcist and more Valkyrie pieces, plus a piece of purple gear. Solid pull IMO, completely happy. Should be able to get a 3* Djinn real easy thanks to that.

I was thinking of purpling Rose Knight since I have the item for him and he's almost 4*, keeping him in the party, and replacing Summoner or Atalanta. For fights that need the sustain, anyway.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I think I already managed to burn myself out on this game. Probably because I already did the same with Pocket Knights and Heroes Charge.

EDIT: Quit guild so someone else can join

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 19, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Dropped from guild too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I pulled in some waiting folks. There's a couple people offline for 3+ days I haven't purged yet. If you're still waiting to get in the primary guild let me know.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
Still waiting on an invite as superdracula.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i poop fire posted:

Still waiting on an invite as superdracula.

Taken care of, you're in.

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
Has anyone been spending gems to get the extra chest rewards in the angel trials? I have accumulated a lot, and after the first 10-draw and opening nonvip training slots, I'm not sure where to spend them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zetetica posted:

Has anyone been spending gems to get the extra chest rewards in the angel trials? I have accumulated a lot, and after the first 10-draw and opening nonvip training slots, I'm not sure where to spend them.

Yeah, that's what I spend a lot of my gems on. Still not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I use mine on getting soul shards from the shops for heroes you can't get in elite missions (Dark Paladin, Soul Slinger) or I save enough to do an epic feast, again mostly to get the Dark Paladin stones.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I've just been using them to open angel chests, stopping when the price hits 200. Got an Athena yesterday from them, and Lunaria has already been shelved because Athena's heals are stronger, and heal everyone.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Main guild has 4 3 free spots. Let me know if you're waiting. Will likely be another tomorrow. Actually leveling the guild is now immensely slow, but I cleaned out a bunch of people who quit.

e: vvv donezo

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 23, 2015

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Tsurupettan posted:

Main guild has 4 free spots. Let me know if you're waiting. Will likely be another tomorrow. Actually leveling the guild is now immensely slow, but I cleaned out a bunch of people who quit.

Just applied again as ManCalledM.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Aside from the really basic "everyone gets these" heroes (Rose Knight, Pyrona, Berserker Claw, etc), who have you guys been using? I'm nearing the point where I can start levelling up another hero, but i'm not sure which of these guys are any good:

Warrior:
Valkyrie (2*)
Nether Knight (3*)
King O' Bones (2*)
Shadowraith (1*)

Mage:
Guardian (3*)
Mermaid (2*)
Byron the Black (1*)
Soul Slinger (2*)

Hunter:
Green Ranger (3*)
Grimbow (2*)
Astral Hunter (2*)
Nightblade (2*)

My inclination is to go with either Astral Hunter or Soul Slinger, but i'd love some advice on other options.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Wurlow has a really high level Grimbow and it completely trashes back lines and does some hefty single target damage.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I really like Astral Hunter. His special hits every member of the other team HARD. THe only bad part is that you can't really get his stones until around 50+ when his elite level shows itself. Grimbow you can level with arena points so easier but I wasn't overly impressed by him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

Wurlow has a really high level Grimbow and it completely trashes back lines and does some hefty single target damage.

yes. Grimbow is filthy. As he said, mine can wipe entire back rows or crit single target for ~15k. I should have him up to 5* sometime next week for your mercenary needs. At 80something shards at the moment.

I've been leveling my soul slinger. I think his skills look great, possibly good enough to replace pyrona in my opinion. The problem is you can't reliably get stones for him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
oh and if there's heroes you'd prefer me to put up I can do so. I've just been doing grimbow and paladin because they're my strongest. not sure if its like heroes charge where you fan only hire heroes within X levels. I have some lower level/star, but good runes/gear heroes as well in earthshaker and ice queen.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
You can only hire people +5 of you, I think. Ice Queen is pretty great for Gold Trial, if you have her in the 50s or lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Main guild has 4 3 free spots. Let me know if you're waiting. Will likely be another tomorrow. Actually leveling the guild is now immensely slow, but I cleaned out a bunch of people who quit.

e: vvv donezo

Applied as PhyressSA. Just hit 40 and things are starting to open up again.

• Locked thread