Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Well, Djinn is 3* now, Amora is 35/40 pieces and will get to 3* for free in a few days. I'm just going to sit on my hands on Angel trial until 70 and then spend all of my stuff on Athena, I think.

Does anyone here have Djinn over 3* and feel she gains enough from the upgrades to justify continuing on in the short term? I really want to look into getting Night Sentinel unlocked, who is at 16/70 pieces currently. He's a massive single target nuker. Grimbow is awfully tempting too, though, and he's really easy to raise. I get pieces of him all the time in regular 10-pulls (he's 2* 20/40 with 0 investment) and he comes from Arena.

Right now I'm running:

Djinn/Pyrona in back
Werewolf/Atalanta/Rose Knight in front.

Dropping Atalanta for Grimbow or Night Sentinel is what I'm looking at doing. Pyrona and Berserker Claw are great for killing a front line and Grim Bow would be great for eating up a back line. Rose Knight I guess would be kind of interchangeable if I had another warrior I actually wanted to use, but he's 4* and meaty as gently caress. Rosemary does a ton of damage too.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Applied as PhyressSA. Just hit 40 and things are starting to open up again.

Got you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Thanks!

If you can get a Nereida, she's pretty great. Her second skill stuns, her active is a back-line nuke, and despite being a mage is really tanky. For fights without a single 'boss' target, I usually put her in front of Atalanta, with the rest of my lineup otherwise the same as yours, Tsuru.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Nereida is great but has the issue of you needing to be lucky and pull her, or slog along slowly with one stage giving pieces of her out. The second and third elite stages for her are 71 and 76.

She's a good target for using up Coupons, though.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I got pretty burned out on Heroes Charge. How similar is this game?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

It's similar in a lot of regards but there's less 'busy work' with daily activities, IMO. I think it's easier to compete with as non-IAP (or minimal IAP) as well. A lot of the heroes seem pretty balanced and accessible.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I think the combat is straight up better, too, because you can actually place your team where you want, and the fights depend on it. I wish there was a battle stats button, though, even if HC's is woefully lacking in some respects

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Is Athena just really high-tier or something? With her, I can almost get to floor 30 of angel trial, only losing because all the enemy teams start fielding 3* heroes 5+ levels above me. I know she unlocks in the shop at level 70, but geez. Everything has become easy-mode unless I get unlucky or the enemy just massively overpowers me.

Applied to GoonSquad as Schubalts.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yes, she's probably one of the best angels in the game

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
alecta or amora? I've been socking away trial points for one of the oranges but I don't know which. I also have nyssa at 3* which I see a few of in the top 50 arena teams

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I picked Amora

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I picked Amora. I like her back-line rage leech and I'm going to like it even more when I get swapped over to 2 front and 3 in back.

I think I'm going to go hard in the paint for Grimbow. The more I use Wurlow's, the more I like him. He's easy to raise (arena, gold divinations), his backline active is murderous, he has great ST damage. Straight up replacing Atalanta with him once I get him purple and 3*.

I'm also considering Astral Hunter or Blazing Soul. They both do immense damage and have some nice utility attached to their abilities. Pieces are harder to get though. Have both thanks to recent events.

Oh yeah, main guild still has a bunch of slots open and some extra people to purge. Feel free to apply.

an cow
Mar 18, 2002

This post may lower your reputation
Applied to GoonSquad as VS2k

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Applied as Gnolfo. This scratches the itch better than puzzles and dragons, enjoying it

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I somehow got beaten by this troll team in the arena today. I don't even know what the gently caress. RIP those 80 arena points for getting the 10 point reward

e: thinking about it some more, that team's probably on defense so he gets pushed down in the rankings overnight then just gets five wins the next day while simultaneously getting back up to roughly his original rank

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 26, 2015

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Been playing for a week. Applied as SAMAJIK. Overflow guild kinda failed.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

padijun posted:

I somehow got beaten by this troll team in the arena today. I don't even know what the gently caress. RIP those 80 arena points for getting the 10 point reward

e: thinking about it some more, that team's probably on defense so he gets pushed down in the rankings overnight then just gets five wins the next day while simultaneously getting back up to roughly his original rank

Isn't everyone doing this? I started doing this when I hit a wall of players that out BR'ed me by 2-3k. I stick a rubbish team on def then when the next day reset comes along, usually I get 5 easy wins for the bonus.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
does crit/crit damage affect healing?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

padijun posted:

does crit/crit damage affect healing?

It does, surprisingly. I didn't realize it did until I started watching Djinni's healing numbers, but sometimes she'll heal someone for a little more than 50% extra.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
OK, cool, I was wondering for her runes.

My new "burn it all down" trial team is pyrona, grimbow, djinni in the back, with wolfman and hecate in the front row.

So werewolf and pyrona do crowd control, while hecate and djinni both have a "heal lowest two" power, so the survivability is great before you even get to the actives.

Normally it goes pyrona -> werewolf (front line is dead) -> grimbow -> hecate (if the back line isn't dead, they're stunned) -> auto attacks pick off any survivors. While that's happening I have djinni's heal and amora's stun ready. Between rounds where everyone's not charged I can take nyssa and let everyone charge back up, because between her, djinni, and hecate, without a lot of burst damage nothing is really scary

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I cleaned out the 4+ day people. We have 4 empty slots now I think?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is the 3* hero only the first time you do a 10x gem pull?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I did two 10x pulls and got astral child both times :suicide:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
luxury at 1200 server tomorrow, as long as I don't get caught up in work stuff

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I am super excited for these next few days of the game spitting out Berserker Claw pieces at us by the handful.

Also, these Special events, it's really easy/reasonable to do 15 pieces from them a day. The dailies are a given, the angel tower one is easy (late 20s to finish it if you open no chests), and I urge you to consider the two Arena refills. Pieces are normally 100/piece in the shop, two refills is 200 diamonds for 5 pieces, plus a bunch more arena points.

Oh yeah, we have 5 slots in main guild, by the way.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just started applied to goonplatoon, unless main guild has space, as tinytaco

Can you only have 5 heroes and an angel? If so why show the 6th slot. I can't put anyone there
I got the mermaid and nether knight last night been messing with them.
I tend to upgrade everyone I can when I got them full sets of gear
Also followed someone who said unlock a total of 6 training spots first.... That's helpful as hell
Which angel should I unlock first from angel trial? Ice one seems great

How do I use my bread/energy to best use starting out? Should I focus on elite quest and farm those or better off advancing main story to unlock more people or what?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, 5 heroes and an angel. Positioning matters for targeting.

Mermaid's okay, gets outclassed by Djinni from the arena shop pretty quickly, far as I can tell.

I don't think there's a reason to leave people at lower ranks like in Heroes' Charge.

Glacia is pretty good, yeah. You'll want to get Nyssa ASAP, though, she's killer in the Angel Trial.

I'd say get more story so you can get gear pieces, personally.

Edit: Just got a hero from the free gem pull! It's a Shadowraith. :negative:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
There are 4 slots open in the main guild btw

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Apparently Dark Paladin pieces can show up in your Shop. That's good to know.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Nyssa asap alright
Thanks for the advice!

Applied to main guild too. Tinytaco

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Nyssa asap alright
Thanks for the advice!

Applied to main guild too. Tinytaco

I accepted you and then wiped the applicant list. We now have 3 spots. If someone was in the list and waiting, sorry if I missed you.

Booyah
Dec 10, 2007
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR BORING RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS
I'm relatively inactive, playing thus game once ever 2-3 days ( i prefer hc still). I assume I would be kicked in short order, if I did join?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Booyah posted:

I'm relatively inactive, playing thus game once ever 2-3 days ( i prefer hc still). I assume I would be kicked in short order, if I did join?

That's fine. It's more of 'quit, didn't say anything, gone over 3 days, assuming you're finished'.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Applied with SA name.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So is the consensus to reach for Djinni first from the arena shop to replace Mermaid or should I be looking at Night Sentinel/Grimbow first?
I know Night Sentinel will take a while but I like goals lol

Edit: Just pulled a 2 star guardian. Should my free pulls be replacing everyone except Atalanta?
Rose KNight Got his bump to 2 star which is nifty I guess

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 30, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
djinni's front row heal switches to all at purple, so she's a priority imo

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

padijun posted:

djinni's front row heal switches to all at purple, so she's a priority imo

When you say purple I assume that is from feeding them a full set of gear correct?
I'm still not 100% on how that all works. Shards give them stars....gear gives them different colours right?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So is the consensus to reach for Djinni first from the arena shop to replace Mermaid or should I be looking at Night Sentinel/Grimbow first?
I know Night Sentinel will take a while but I like goals lol

Edit: Just pulled a 2 star guardian. Should my free pulls be replacing everyone except Atalanta?
Rose KNight Got his bump to 2 star which is nifty I guess

Pyrona is great. She's a long term keeper.

Atalanta is solid and will last you until purple (I keep mine leveled as backup for trial now).

Rose Knight is a solid tank with a good active, and his 2nd ability hits hard. He's nice because the game shits a lot of pieces for him at you.

Green Ranger is easily replaceable; Nether Knight is tanky as gently caress but pieces are less common starting out.

You will also get a werewolf guy whose name I forget right now early on. He's quite solid, IMO.

Buy Djinni first. Grimbow and Night Sentinel are both good.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

Pyrona is great. She's a long term keeper.

Atalanta is solid and will last you until purple (I keep mine leveled as backup for trial now).

Rose Knight is a solid tank with a good active, and his 2nd ability hits hard. He's nice because the game shits a lot of pieces for him at you.
You will also get a werewolf guy whose name I forget right now early on. He's quite solid, IMO.

Buy Djinni first. Grimbow and Night Sentinel are both good.

Thanks for all the helpful replies in general in this thread, much appreciated

Green Ranger was the first I pulled out so glad that was a solid choice on my part. Its nice because it seems like the game doesn't give you complete poo poo starting out and I can find what kinda "suits me" in terms of playstyle and I won't necessarily be hamstringing myself

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Pyrona sucks at higher levels imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tiny Chalupa posted:

When you say purple I assume that is from feeding them a full set of gear correct?
I'm still not 100% on how that all works. Shards give them stars....gear gives them different colours right?

yeah you gear them up, and when they have a full set of six pieces you can upgrade them. at green, blue, and purple they get a new skill.

so djinni starts with a front line heal you have to click to activate, when you upgrade her to green she gets a heal that affects the lowest HP team members, at blue she gets a magic attack bonus (affects healing), and her purple skill makes her first skill heal everyone while also providing a bonus

• Locked thread