Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

You will need to be level 50 before you can make someone purple, if that puts it into perspective on when you will be doing these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You also need an item that is made of three other 20-stone items!

Purple is fun!

I just got my first one, actually. Dark Paladin. Behold his mighty shitload of HP! :peanut:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 30, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Cotato posted:

You will need to be level 50 before you can make someone purple, if that puts it into perspective on when you will be doing these things.

a couple of heroes only need to be level 49

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tony Homo posted:

Pyrona sucks at higher levels imo

Her CC is essential for dealing with obnoxious tanks like Nether Knight, and a crit from her active is virtually guaranteed to be an instant kill.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I'm using her and Blue Witch right now, and when all of their skills go off, they can just shutdown half the enemy team.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Random PSA: Amora's stun pierces normal boss immunities.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

Ya, and when the boss is stunned other CC works against him.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

I just tried this on the boss of 9-2 and it totally did not work

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

padijun posted:

I just tried this on the boss of 9-2 and it totally did not work

Worked for me on the boss in the Hero trial just a bit ago. Oh well, maybe it's some other factor then.

e: my first Purple+1 was Grimbow. Good decision. My second purple+1 is Djinni. Also a great decision. Her P+1 items are fantastic. At Purple she has 378 rage regen. At Purple+1 she gets a Dragonsoul Ball and Heart of Fury. Now she has 553 rage regen. :swoon:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 30, 2015

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So when it comes to the colours is the whole +1/whatever thing that I am currently doing via equipment is that necessary to get purple at 40?
IE do I have to be +1/2/3(whatever the numbers go to) and THAN purple. Or am I just buffing my guys while waiting for 40 so I can get purple?

edit: NM found a picture on the facebook page that shows it.

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 31, 2015

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So curious to hear if I'm "doing things right"

So I login to do my dailies. Blow through those quickly while trying to make sure I also do all my arena matches each day with a somewhat tanked defense so I stop getting people WAY higher lvl than me popping up. Do angel trial as high as i can
I than hop over to elite where I do a bunch of stages wherein I need pieces to get myself new heroes. Sure I'm not guaranteed a shard every day but so far so good I grab at least one. Sure that means some heroes are pretty far off for me but I am mainly looking at guys with a cost of 10 to 30. I do NOT blitz these as I want the xp as I am still trying to level.

When I do regular I just push through as much content as I can until I get bored or I hit a wall. At which point I level up skills/gear to try and get past it. If not repeat cycle tomorrow while making sure I do all my quest. Hop into Guild hall to boost and thats about it

This goes surprisingly quickly

Am I missing anything?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I do NOT blitz these as I want the xp as I am still trying to level.

You still get XP for blitz. Your heroes don't, but the amount of xp is so negligible it doesn't matter.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

If thats wrong, I dont know whats right

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

You still get hero exp for it in the form of exp potions or whatever.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I thought I didn't get any oh poo poo hero xp is nothing.
Clearly the adventure xp is nothing even at 32 quest is the way to go

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
Applied as SigridFloyd

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I got everyone in-thread who applied, plus some guys who had SA in their names and didn't post. We're full again, a slot should open in 1-2 days next time we rank up.

Also, to get a L70 angel to 3* immediately takes 15,600. This isn't too bad, just saving up from finishing Amora I am going to be well past that by the time I hit 70. The tiers after it are the troublesome ones, since 4* is 80 and I assume 5* is 120, which is 19,200 and 28,800 respectively. No idea what 6* and 7* cost.

I mention this because I've been considering buying purple recipes and items from Angel Trial, but knowing how much it'll take for the angels is dissuading me a bit.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Once you get to the 60s it takes forever to level too. From 63-67.5 I've saved about 21k angel points. The annoying part is going to be using gems to refresh the angel store once i hit 70, I think.

Also at 65 the hero trial gets you the super XP potions that are 7500 each. I'm going to stockpile them and hopefully get Athena up pretty quickly.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Once you get to the 60s it takes forever to level too. From 63-67.5 I've saved about 21k angel points. The annoying part is going to be using gems to refresh the angel store once i hit 70, I think.

Also at 65 the hero trial gets you the super XP potions that are 7500 each. I'm going to stockpile them and hopefully get Athena up pretty quickly.

Do the purple items in them change, or just better exp pots? Between the sheer length of time it takes to go from 60-70, with Hero trial rewards and excess stamina spending, I feel like my main crew is going to be all Purple+1 and ready to go right to Purple+2 the day I hit 71.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

Do the purple items in them change, or just better exp pots? Between the sheer length of time it takes to go from 60-70, with Hero trial rewards and excess stamina spending, I feel like my main crew is going to be all Purple+1 and ready to go right to Purple+2 the day I hit 71.

Ya it seems like the items update based on your level, but to be honest I haven't been paying much attention.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I think it's worth buying uncombined items from the Angel Shop, but not fully combined ones. They're usually fairly cheap - less than 5 level 70 soulstones - and there's so many things to farm with Stamina that it's not wasteful at all.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004

Majik Ninja posted:

Been playing for a week. Applied as SAMAJIK. .

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oops. I missed your post. My bad. Sorry! I will get you in the moment a slot opens. The next rank in guild will be a slot I believe, and there's someone almost at 3 day soff.

e: And now I got you.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 1, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Is it just me, or are there no events today?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
they came back once I rebooted the app

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

padijun posted:

they came back once I rebooted the app

I rebooted the app and don't have them. But they appear on my Nexus 7 (linked to same account). Although on that device, my Djinni is missing an item that I put on her on my Nexus 5. Weird game sync poo poo. :v:

e: Hey, do we know what the game gives you for excess pieces after 5* on heroes?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

e: Hey, do we know what the game gives you for excess pieces after 5* on heroes?

nothing at the moment, your bar just says "Max" but you can still collect shards

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got all my heroes to blue, whatever is after +1 green and drat that makes a big difference in everything
Got to floor 15 or 16 angel trials, not high to you guys, which feels good
8 pieces until I have werewolf and I can farm the pieces on top of getting them from daily too
Pretty pleased with that and a few days from getting to do the 5k summon, grabbed the vip monthly pass

Shits getting real
When does arena reset?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I got all my heroes to blue, whatever is after +1 green and drat that makes a big difference in everything
Got to floor 15 or 16 angel trials, not high to you guys, which feels good
8 pieces until I have werewolf and I can farm the pieces on top of getting them from daily too
Pretty pleased with that and a few days from getting to do the 5k summon, grabbed the vip monthly pass

Shits getting real
When does arena reset?

Arena rewards and store update at 9 server.

As for the excess pieces thing, I guess that might be in this update we're supposed to get once the apple store stops being poo poo. I dunno.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I'm also missing the event box. I rebooted and it's still gone.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Hoping for a gigantic welfare gem payout, i got xp boxes that need upgrading

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So after pulling 2 star guardian from my free summons I just got 2 star blue witch

Is she worth leveling and gearing up?
Should I basically level every hero I get 2 star and above for reasons?
Ie work them to blue and eventually purple or should I focus on a core team of 5 people?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I think it's worth keeping 8-10 heroes and 2 angels at the max level you can, so you have a diverse crew for all three trials, the arena, and normal/elite missions

I would break it down like this:

angels
1 healer, 1 damage or control

heroes
2-4 healers/support
2-4 damage dealers
2-4 beefy tanks

like right now, my go to team for the angel trial is hecate and berserker as tanks, and pyrona, astral child, and djinni for back row support and damage. But sometimes I need to kill everything fast at the higher levels, so I keep grimbow and green ranger charged up for those. The hero trials are similar because they give the chosen type bonuses for all stats. you don't want to have your team stacked 100% towards that type even with the bonuses, however.

as for leveling them, choose your favorite 2* heroes for now, and you'll soon recognize who you should focus on getting to 3* as you progress

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Alright thanks again for the advice

I've hit a really annoying part, mainly because I am like 403 crystals away from being able to do the 10 summons thing........
I don't have poo poo to do after the daily. I blew through most of my bread/energy that I have so I can't farm gear/shards for heroes from Normal/Elite and my god does energy seem to regen extremely slow.

Arena NO ONE is attacking my tank team to knock me down any so now, although I'm only 36 and somehow rank 4087, all of my opponents I can choose from are 44+
I can not beat any of them as none of them have remotely tanked teams. So this means I am unable to get Djinni shards so I am stuck at 16 of 30.
What am I missing here?
I need my 5 wins a day so that every 2 days I can buy a stack of shards. That should put me about 6, more, days away from getting her at which point I'll reach for Grimbow most likely.

Yet it seems by playing in the Arena I am WAY too high ranked to make any more progress. I'm basically praying for a weekly reset to come and save me from this cycle I'm stuck in. Loosing doesn't even seem to knock me back down any spots either so everyone just stays too high lvl for me to deal with

in non whiney news I realized I had a old gift debit card lying around and decided I'd spend the 5 bucks to get my summons now

Ended up with:
1 Star: Byron the Black
1 Star: Shadowraith
2 Star: Berserker Claw(Well grabbing the crystals let me finish a daily to be able to unlock him)
3 Star: Nereida

Berserker + Nereida seem really drat strong. Trying to rush both to blue, still not 40, as they both seem highly desirable.
Berserker as a damage stun monster
Nereida seems like a really good back row attacker who also brings a stun

Byron also seems to have potential if I can get him to at least 2 Star Plus as a straight damage dealer and Wraith doesn't seem too shabby either

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 2, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
A few noob questions for you all. From what I've read here Djinn seems to be the first hero to pick up from Arena; how about the Angel Trial shop? What is a solid early comp for trials?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Alright thanks again for the advice

I've hit a really annoying part, mainly because I am like 403 crystals away from being able to do the 10 summons thing........
I don't have poo poo to do after the daily. I blew through most of my bread/energy that I have so I can't farm gear/shards for heroes from Normal/Elite and my god does energy seem to regen extremely slow.

Arena NO ONE is attacking my tank team to knock me down any so now, although I'm only 36 and somehow rank 4087, all of my opponents I can choose from are 44+
I can not beat any of them as none of them have remotely tanked teams. So this means I am unable to get Djinni shards so I am stuck at 16 of 30.
What am I missing here?
I need my 5 wins a day so that every 2 days I can buy a stack of shards. That should put me about 6, more, days away from getting her at which point I'll reach for Grimbow most likely.

Yet it seems by playing in the Arena I am WAY too high ranked to make any more progress. I'm basically praying for a weekly reset to come and save me from this cycle I'm stuck in. Loosing doesn't even seem to knock me back down any spots either so everyone just stays too high lvl for me to deal with

if you feel you're too high up in the arena you can tank your rating by putting up one lovely hero and one lovely angel on defense, so you at least get the 180 arena points for the 10 win points, plus the dailies for 5/10 points

vulturesrow posted:

A few noob questions for you all. From what I've read here Djinn seems to be the first hero to pick up from Arena; how about the Angel Trial shop? What is a solid early comp for trials?

lunaria 2* until you hit 40, then take nyssa to 3* ASAP. try djinni, pyrona, berserker, rose knight, and atalanta for a good early comp

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 3, 2015

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

padijun posted:

lunaria 2* until you hit 40, then take nyssa to 3* ASAP. try djinni, pyrona, berserker, rose knight, and atalanta for a good early comp

I'd do Glacea for the pre-40 for her silence, but once you hit 40 Nyssa is easily the best for a while with her heal and +rage. For the comp, swap out Rose Knight or Berserker depending on who your 3* from the first 10x pull is. Djinni is the best easy-to-get healer, Pyrona is one dead enemy no questions asked (polymorph is a kinda stun too), and Atalanta is just damage (and true warriors should wear ponytails).

I really like the background music, especially on the main screen. I only actually listened to it by accident since most phonegames put no effort into that sort of thing.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

he got a nereida. he should probably have nereida in that team, she's crazy good. I'd be running Djinni/Nereida/Pyrona back, Berserker Claw/Rose Knight front and set Rose Knight up to take the brunt of the attacks.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

he got a nereida. he should probably have nereida in that team, she's crazy good. I'd be running Djinni/Nereida/Pyrona back, Berserker Claw/Rose Knight front and set Rose Knight up to take the brunt of the attacks.

Still a few days from djinni but I'm trying to push for her
Rose knight over Atlanta chick because he is more tanky right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Still a few days from djinni but I'm trying to push for her
Rose knight over Atlanta chick because he is more tanky right?

Yeah, he takes hits better. Does less damage (though the stun active and rosemary are nice for sure), but I think you need to have someone in the team to soak big damage.

• Locked thread