Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
While I enjoyed the pilot way more than I expected I already know the DEO aspect is going to drag the show down for me as the series progresses. I assume it's the price you pay for being on CBS and every show needing to be a procedural to some degree. Hopefully we won't have to watch Supergirl ask not Nick Fury for permission every time she needs to save the day.

Also the silliest moment of the pilot might have been Kara's sister giving her poo poo for saving the plane. As if her living in secret was far more important than the lives of the hundred or so people on the plane and those caught in the wake of the crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sober posted:

I hope you hate Star Labs just as much.

Star Labs = DEO = Arrow Cave

It's all the same, let's not pretend suddenly it's a "procedural" cause it's on CBS. The Flash is such a procedural at times, so is Arrow.

Yeah, kind of. I'm not the biggest fan this current trend of superheros having teams of the worlds greatest hackers/chemist/geologist that watch them and give them inspiring speeches right when the battle is all but lost. I don't watch Arrow, but I'd be just as upset if people spent the pilot of the Flash talking down and belittling Barry for using his powers to help others.

• Locked thread