Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rush Hour without Chris Tucker is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

Of the two stars in rush hour, Jackie Chan was the most vital. I say this not remembering anything about Rush Hour. I am still fairly sure I am correct because Jackie Chan.

Will give Rush Hour a shot, probably supergirl as well.

Jackie Chan is the straight man in Rush Hour. Chris Tucker's whiny, high pitched voice is vital.

The only thing necessary in the Jackie Chan role is a strong accent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

That did look mostly enjoyable though? The plane scene is classic Super-person stuff and the costume montage was cheesily fun. Flockhart's character probably needs some better material, or a more rounded character, because yeah, it seems like they're aiming for Jameson and missing.

I don't think so. Jameson is ultimately likeable.

From the trailer I think you're supposed to hate Cat Grant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Okay so I know that this show probably isn't meant for me personally, a female oriented superhero show is gonna be different in subject matter and presentation than a male oriented one, etc, etc...

But gently caress me that trailer is dreadful. I got halfway through her boss's speech before I closed the tab in disgust. Like, okay, there's a good "own the 'girl'" speech to be written. That was not it.

It's an antagonist giving that speech.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe SNL stole the Black Widow sketch idea too.

sticklefifer posted:

I automatically get annoyed by any series/film that uses the "100% of your brain" myth. Limitless and Lucy have both used it to poor effect within the last few years. Someone needs to skywrite a public service announcement in giant letters over LA.

I may be remembering wrong, but I think it's the idiot dealer character who says that and someone else says it's bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

So I don't know the first thing about any of DC's TV shows, but I was under the impression that all of their TV shows shared a universe separate from all the movies. But Supergirl appears to be a part of the DC cinematic universe? Is that right?

No, Constantine was not part of Flash/Arrow Earth, and Supergirl is thus far separate from everything though producers have expressed an interest in including it with Arrow and Flash in the past.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Supergirl has people smiling in it so it's probably not in the DC movie universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

I feel like Supergirl has the potential to be really really good or really really terrible. If they try and make it feel like the show that the trailer makes it out to be, it could be very embarrassing, but if they let it feel more like Flash and give it a heart without making it "oh look a woman who is a superhero how radical" and make it feel like Touched by an Angel(ic Kryptonian), I think Benoist is up to the task of carrying it.

Plus we already have a second season of that from Agent Carter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kimmy Schmidt theme song actually works 100% for Supergirl if you change the plurals to singulars. It's kind of eerie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Except they clearly want to make a show about a second generation Supergirl living up to Superman's name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gyges posted:

More important that Superman, they've got Comet, right? I boycott the gently caress out of any Supergirl property that doesn't include Comet.

She had sex with that horse so maybe don't put that on TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it's just the stuff being setup in the pilot means referencing Superman a bunch of times. With that established and presumably mostly monster of the week episodes after I doubt they talk about him as often.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's honestly amazing how often "I skipped through most of this, they didn't even explain X!" gets posted here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

evilmiera posted:

Yeah, I probably missed that explanation when I started skipping stuff. It just seemed to clash with what (I think) is known about kryptonians from the movie, but overall it was just a nitpick from my side, and it was more a reaction when I saw her being shot down of "How would they even know that?" Like there was no setup to it and all of that stuff got explained later with the DEO facility. There was no real weight to it.

That's because it has nothing to do with the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the second. The other one even has Agent in the title.

• Locked thread