Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Dad bod is hot right now and I want to get one. Is there a way to turn my goon bod into a dad bod? I have cargo pants and cargo shorts available for all weather conditions, if I need to go outside for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Sit at a desk and work but also walk 10 miles a day in an urban environment. Eat meat and drink beer. Have sex on weekends.

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
nah dude, you're either a dadbod or a grossbod from birth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Anus bod.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's me, I am the dad bod.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

dad bod so what

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp
get an office job like a grown up

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Really good feedback guys, I think I can do this.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I'm going to Los Angeles on vacation in June, I hope your advice pays off by then!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I knew the whole gym thing was a bullshit trend. Glad I stayed gross and malnourished

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
A cheap beer is a very important accessory for the dad bod

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

lift weights semi-regularly and continue to not give a gently caress about what you eat. the dad bod is an attainable bod

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Chairman Wao posted:

A cheap beer is a very important accessory for the dad bod
I like craft beer, should I add Chelada to my rotation for this diet?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It's the happy medium between skinnyfat and supercut. Don't be a sedentary slob and just walk around like a normal human when you're not at your desk job. It happens naturally for a lot of people and should just be called "normal" and not have a weird label.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
Skip the dad bod and go straight through to uncle bod. Skinny fat with strong belly curves. Tell your nephews about tropical fish, pc gaming and motorbikes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Infinite Karma posted:

I like craft beer, should I add Chelada to my rotation for this diet?
sardines and cheladas

and the whole drat bag of chips

naem
May 29, 2011

Yeah just got on my exercise bike sweatin thanks thread

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fairly passive posted:

Skip the dad bod and go straight through to uncle bod. Skinny fat with strong belly curves. Tell your nephews about tropical fish, pc gaming and motorbikes.

goons don't need advice on how to do this. this is the default life pathway for us

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

naem posted:

Yeah just got on my exercise bike sweatin thanks thread

When I decided to do a blog specific to the IRONMAN, I decided to tell it all, the good, the bad, the stupid, and the destined to get picked up and endlessly talked about by my ridiculous haters. This probably falls into the last three categories.

Clyde is back from the bike shop. We decided that for my 2 hour bike last week I would put him on the trainer (a thing that allows you to turn your outdoor bike into an indoor bike with variable resistance.)

I was feeling pretty triumphant because I had put the trainer together, then removed Clyde’s back wheel quick release lever and replaced it with the tightening rod from the trainer, and then got Clyde onto the trainer. I had grease on my hands and hadn’t broken anything. Success!

It was also bittersweet. As I mentioned before Clyde is a gift from my friend whose husband had passed away – Clyde was his bike. She is an amazing person and from the times that we met and her stories of him he was an incredibly kind and smart man and was really encouraging to me. It’s an absolutely tragedy that he died so young. I hope he is happy that I have Clyde, I think he would be, and I think he’d think that the story I’m about to tell you was funny.

So it was with great confidence and a little sadness that I set out on my inaugural “training ride” with Clyde. The thing is, his handlebars don’t go up very far so I was much more doubled over than I normally would be on the spin bike.

That meant that at the top of each pedal stroke my knee went into my stomach. At first I was just a bit annoying, at around 30 minutes I was definitely noticing it and an hour in it was really starting to hurt. But I wanted to finish out my ride so I sucked it up and finished the two hours. My poor belly is visibly bruised, and my stomach was upset that night and the next day. I told you it was a bad decision! I thought it might be interesting to calculate how many times I had actually managed to knee myself.

I was doing two hours at an average of 85 revolutions per minute (the workout included alternating between 80 and 90). RPMs are calculated based on one foot (so, for example, you count only the times that your right foot goes around, not counting the left) so since both of my knees were ending up in my stomach that meant that I was getting kneed twice for each revolution.

So:

85 (rpm)

x 2 (for both the right and the left knee)

x 120 (minutes)

= 20,400

= Ouch

The good news is that this is easily remedied by getting some work done on my handlebars. I’ve known from the beginning that I would be riding more upright than the average rider, and if I had any doubt I’ve definitely cleared that right up. In the meantime, I’m back to the spin bike and committed to making better decisions with regards to the way I treat my awesome belly.

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015

Three Olives posted:

When I decided to do a blog specific to the IRONMAN, I decided to tell it all, the good, the bad, the stupid, and the destined to get picked up and endlessly talked about by my ridiculous haters. This probably falls into the last three categories.

Clyde is back from the bike shop. We decided that for my 2 hour bike last week I would put him on the trainer (a thing that allows you to turn your outdoor bike into an indoor bike with variable resistance.)

I was feeling pretty triumphant because I had put the trainer together, then removed Clyde’s back wheel quick release lever and replaced it with the tightening rod from the trainer, and then got Clyde onto the trainer. I had grease on my hands and hadn’t broken anything. Success!

It was also bittersweet. As I mentioned before Clyde is a gift from my friend whose husband had passed away – Clyde was his bike. She is an amazing person and from the times that we met and her stories of him he was an incredibly kind and smart man and was really encouraging to me. It’s an absolutely tragedy that he died so young. I hope he is happy that I have Clyde, I think he would be, and I think he’d think that the story I’m about to tell you was funny.

So it was with great confidence and a little sadness that I set out on my inaugural “training ride” with Clyde. The thing is, his handlebars don’t go up very far so I was much more doubled over than I normally would be on the spin bike.

That meant that at the top of each pedal stroke my knee went into my stomach. At first I was just a bit annoying, at around 30 minutes I was definitely noticing it and an hour in it was really starting to hurt. But I wanted to finish out my ride so I sucked it up and finished the two hours. My poor belly is visibly bruised, and my stomach was upset that night and the next day. I told you it was a bad decision! I thought it might be interesting to calculate how many times I had actually managed to knee myself.

I was doing two hours at an average of 85 revolutions per minute (the workout included alternating between 80 and 90). RPMs are calculated based on one foot (so, for example, you count only the times that your right foot goes around, not counting the left) so since both of my knees were ending up in my stomach that meant that I was getting kneed twice for each revolution.

So:

85 (rpm)

x 120 (minutes)

= 20,400

= Ouch

The good news is that this is easily remedied by getting some work done on my handlebars. I’ve known from the beginning that I would be riding more upright than the average rider, and if I had any doubt I’ve definitely cleared that right up. In the meantime, I’m back to the spin bike and committed to making better decisions with regards to the way I treat my awesome belly.

Do you have any idea how gay you really are?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Three Olives posted:

So:

85 (rpm)

x 120 (minutes)

= 20,400

= Ouch

condo

naem
May 29, 2011

I like chelada thanks Mexican ex gf

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
dad bods are gross and not even ironically cute.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Millie posted:

dad bods are gross and not even ironically cute.

the women who are idolizing them have mom-bods, most likely

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

We don't allow scrubs at my condo gym sorry no dad bods.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Imagine the wave of internet bile that would be spewed at any woman who tried to declare that "mombod" was a thing now.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Entropic posted:

Imagine the wave of internet bile that would be spewed at any woman who tried to declare that "mombod" was a thing now.

Mom bod.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I'd gently caress that mom bod

E: with protection, she seems fertile

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
just stop caring, op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pretty sure the only people that are really into the dad bod are the women who are also slightly starting to let go and get a gut

like Captain Kirk level of dad bod is fine but much past that and you're heading into being a fat

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

quote:

Maria Kang, a fitness enthusiast who has three boys under 3 years old, was accused of 'fat shaming' after an aspirational photo she posted on Facebook went viral.

No excuses? 32-year-old mom Maria Kang drew criticism after she posted the above image on Facebook, prompting one emailer to call her 'a shame to women.'
She wasn’t excused.

A 32-year-old mom has drawn a firestorm of online criticism over a photo she posted on Facebook to promote her fitness expertise that some say amounts to bullying.

Maria Kang of Sacramento, Calif., shared a glossy shot of herself in ab-revealing workout gear along with her brood of three boys ages three years and under, below the caption "What's your excuse?"

"I felt that if others can overcome incredible challenges to be in shape, why would my story be any different?" Kang, a sometime model and TV fitness expert who also owns a residential care home for the elderly, explained on her personal website.

While the photo drew its share of compliments, the implication that other busy mothers have no excuse for not being as taut and toned as Kang was too much for some.

To Kang's surprise, the image - which was posted over a year ago — went viral, and she soon found herself under attack from strangers who accused her of bullying and "fat shaming."

"I don't feel this motivates people all that much, it's sorta just a prideful brag thrown onto Facebook in front of many women's faces just to tease and mock them," one critic commented September 24.

"Right...I'm sure she has a nanny doing all the work while she works out all day," sniped another.

Kang chose not to respond to the backlash until she received a hurtful personal email, she told GoodMorningAmerica.com on Tuesday.

“It said I should be ashamed of myself and that I should take down my Facebook profile picture,” Kang said. “It said I’m a shame to women. It was deep and hurtful.”

In what she called her "First and Final Apology," Kang posted on Facebook September 25 that she was "sorry" her haters "took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way."

"I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two business' [SIC], have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer. I won't even mention how I didn't give into cravings for ice cream, french fries or chocolate while pregnant or use my growing belly as an excuse to be inactive," she wrote.

"What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's Yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue 'hating' this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life. You can either blame, complain or obtain a new level of thought by challenging the negative words that come out of your own brain.

"With that said, obesity and those who struggle with health-related diseases is literally a 'bigger' issue than this photo. Maybe it's time we stop tip-toeing around people's feelings and get to the point."

That post has generated over 15,500 shares to date, as well as encouragement from some followers.

"Your photo is amazing and a great example of what is possible for anyone. Having kids or not having kids should not be an excuse," one supporter wrote.

"There is no problem in showing people that sexy is possible after having kids," another echoed.

Mombod, lol.

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015
Guaranteed she had a C-section which is why her hips aren't blown out two feet across.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
literally all women who have children turn into grotesques afterwards

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

can anyone give me advice on how to turn my ugly rippling sixpack into a fashionable dadbod gut?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Three Olives posted:

Mombod, lol.

That was hilarious, her response is perfect too because the people who were angry with her were really just angry with themselves and only blaming her for making them think about their shortcomings in such a direct manner.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
do your cargo pants unzip into cargo shorts? important ?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

do your cargo pants unzip into cargo shorts? important ?
i wear breakaway pants over my cargo shorts

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
also they're BDUs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's Yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue 'hating' this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life. You can either blame, complain or obtain a new level of thought by challenging the negative words that come out of your own brain.

Regardless of what your opinion on the image or fatshaming is, this is very true. I'm sick of people acting like they have zero control over themselves and expect the whole world to just change for them and their delicate sensibilities.

Life is harsh. Learn to deal with it in a constructive manner or you will sink.

No one 'makes' you feel like anything. Your reactions can be controlled. You don't need to let some minor internet poo poo ruin your whole day or whatever. That's on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Entropic posted:

To be fair it was a girl that said dadbod was a thing and the description of dadbod isn't so much a fat goony blob but a good figure with a bit of pudge on it because the dad still works out but isn't cutting for vanity. It's basically the male equivalent of a milf in the first place.

• Locked thread