Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I don't normally watch daytime TV, but I watched a movie today and every commercial was for retiring or retired seniors. AARP this, Medicare that, Reverse Mortgage the other thing. Every single concern these AARP ads complain about is something these stupid fucks sponsored and supported in Congress over the last 20 years because it had the words freedom or security in it.

:corsair: "I want to talk to somebody in the United States when I call a help line", well fuckers, you should have thought about that before you sponsored every "free trade agreement" that sent those kinds of jobs overseas.

:corsair: "Medicare and Social Security won't cover what they used to!" Yeah, I wonder why that is?

:corsair: "I've heard about this new thing called a Reverse Mortgage?" That sounds like a winner! Alex Trebek, Pat Boone, Actor and Former Senator Fred Thompson, and Mother-loving FONZIE are convincing you shitheads to sell your house back to the bank for significantly less than it's worth just so you can live in it a few years more and get more cash to gently caress around with besides?!

I hope all the baby boomers fall down their loving stairs and have to get a lovely chairlift installed so they can drive the value of their home down even more before they get their reverse mortgage to cover the extra costs of Medicare Part B and their AARP membership.

Baby Boomers, the most blind and selfish generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Sad part is they largely won't suffer any of the looming consequences of their poo poo. Doesn't matter that they sold out future jobs for a cheaper now, they're retiring. Doesn't matter they wasted all the welfare for old people, gen x's and y's will just foot the bill and bail em out. They basically ruined the country in a generation and will all die off before things get super bad.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Gonna be glad when the babyboomers are dead and millennials have no one else to blame.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I agree. Arguably the worst part is they were the whole hippy movement about 'peace and love' but then they totally sold out all of their ideals and voted in all these right wing neocon nutjobs.

burritolingus posted:

Gonna be glad when the babyboomers are dead and millennials have no one else to blame.

I get your point but at the same time Reagan is probably the worst (or at least second worst) president we've had since 1900 by far, given what his (and the neocons') policies have spawned.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 13, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
this belongs in dnd

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

burritolingus posted:

It's not like there won't be longstanding repercussions for their poo poo, boomers will be to blame for the next several generations of suffering because it's going to be incredibly difficult to undo all the political damage they did. The system is now setup such that the only people with power to change things have no desire and the only people with desire to change things have no power.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this belongs in dnd

just don't read it then

I don't understand why people have an issue if GBS isn't 100% poo poo posting 24/7

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

It's not like there won't be longstanding repercussions for their poo poo, boomers will be to blame for the next several generations of suffering because it's going to be incredibly difficult to undo all the political damage they did. The system is now setup such that the only people with power to change things have no desire and the only people with desire to change things have no power.

you mean like most political systems?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

burritolingus posted:

Well who do you blame when these daytime movies only show lovely AARP commercials anymore? What if I want a :airquote: degree :airquote: from ITT tech or DeVry or some other "Get your degree in Business Management or Accounting"? I can't even find the numbers anymore. Last time I watched daytime TV in the states, they had all these commercials for schools and debt relief and poo poo. They had testimonials from hicks about how their tech school degree really helped them get ahead in life and how now they are married, have a child and "got another baby comin' on the way".

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this belongs in dnd

dnd sucks, and also this is about daytime TV commercials for shitheads who brought their problems on themselves. Like everybody who's watching daytime TV.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

you mean like most political systems?

There were a ton of legislation passed during boomer's reign that allowed significantly more influence from the corporate elite than previously and it's going to be much harder to undo poo poo like that now that they already have a foothold. I'm not saying the gradual consolidation of power is a unique problem to american politics but most of the legislation that makes the situation so bad today was pretty much directly the boomer's fault.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

just don't read it then

I don't understand why people have an issue if GBS isn't 100% poo poo posting 24/7

Oh it's shitposting.

You don't have to be wrong to shitpost.

gently caress baby boomers

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

My Q-Face posted:

Well who do you blame when these daytime movies only show lovely AARP commercials anymore? What if I want a :airquote: degree :airquote: from ITT tech or DeVry or some other "Get your degree in Business Management or Accounting"? I can't even find the numbers anymore. Last time I watched daytime TV in the states, they had all these commercials for schools and debt relief and poo poo. They had testimonials from hicks about how their tech school degree really helped them get ahead in life and how now they are married, have a child and "got another baby comin' on the way".

Advertisers who know who's going to be watching daytime movies and targets that audience.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
best part is when they use their reverse mortgage income to try to eke out a few more years of existence and throw enormous sums at the medical industry, inflate the cost of everything to stupid levels, and then die, leaving their kids to face a $175,000 bill for a broken ankle because US doctors in 2030 will be used to making a million a year

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jonny 290 posted:

best part is when they use their reverse mortgage income to try to eke out a few more years of existence and throw enormous sums at the medical industry, inflate the cost of everything to stupid levels, and then die, leaving their kids to face a $175,000 bill for a broken ankle because US doctors in 2030 will be used to making a million a year

but they refuse to vote for healthcare reform because their brains are so addled by 70s anti-soviet propaganda

:911:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Are people actually doing those reverse mortgages? We're going to have an entire generation of old people who gave their kids in death what they gave in life, debt.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Are people actually doing those reverse mortgages? We're going to have an entire generation of old people who gave their kids in death what they gave in life, debt.

Of course they are. You have to live large till the very end.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Moridin920 posted:

but they refuse to vote for healthcare reform because their brains are so addled by 70s anti-soviet propaganda

:911:

red panic propaganda predates the 1970s by quite a few decades, baby boomers were getting fed that poo poo in the womb :911:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

red panic propaganda predates the 1970s by quite a few decades, baby boomers were getting fed that poo poo in the womb :911:

True idk why I put 70s there like anti-red scare poo poo wasn't a thing since the early 1900s (or earlier even)

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

thankfully the least you can leave your kids is nothing. that wont stop creditors from trying to recoup their losses with extra fees

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

lol you think they give a gently caress

"gently caress YOU GOT MINE"

the motto of boomers. I know they're not all like that but that's what their generation represents to my generation.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The sad thing is all boomers will be dead for decades before history books teach children how awful they were.

The good thing is that boomers will have no means to sugarcoat their lifetime of irresponsibility.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I was in rural Indiana the other day and saw a bunch of yard signs urging people to vote against some referendum for increased education taxes.

Like yeah, that's what Indiana needs, less education.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
tbh most post boomer generations are just as gullible, they just like to think they're smarter and instead of falling for straight up poo poo like boomers, they fall for for poo poo that has a wink at the end

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

tbh most post boomer generations are just as gullible, they just like to think they're smarter and instead of falling for straight up poo poo like boomers, they fall for for poo poo that has a wink at the end

unfortunately true but at least we didn't have a massive hippy peace and love movement while voting for evil

the current generation knows poo poo is hosed they're just content with the bread and circuses

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

revmoo posted:

I was in rural Indiana the other day and saw a bunch of yard signs urging people to vote against some referendum for increased education taxes.

Like yeah, that's what Indiana needs, less education.

Lol if you think this isn't very deliberate. Educated people are really annoying to the rich and powerful

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

HD DAD posted:

Lol if you think this isn't very deliberate. Educated people are really annoying to the rich and powerful

Back in the day some poli sci prof was talking about how during the cold war the US paid for all these awesome american libraries to be built around the world, with AC and free clean water fountains. The idea was that people would go in there and see how great america/capitalism was and resist the commies. What ended up happening was people went there and saw a lifestyle that even if they somehow got a degree was completely beyond them and they got so pissed they all became commies. What I'm saying is that we should kill all the boomers.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Personally it's pretty messed up that there was an entire generation allowed to explode babies.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
the answer is to shoot everyone with money hth

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
in case you dont understand i mean an actual money cannon. use it and become rich

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

burritolingus posted:

Just like how people stopped blaming Bush in 2009.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

GORDON posted:

Just like how people stopped blaming Bush in 2009.

it's going to be my awful irresponsible self-absorbed parents fault when i grow up to be just like them

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Back in the day some poli sci prof was talking about how during the cold war the US paid for all these awesome american libraries to be built around the world, with AC and free clean water fountains. The idea was that people would go in there and see how great america/capitalism was and resist the commies. What ended up happening was people went there and saw a lifestyle that even if they somehow got a degree was completely beyond them and they got so pissed they all became commies. What I'm saying is that we should kill all the boomers.

where can i learn more about this

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

those guys are selfish and dumb, unlike me, the compassionate caring beneficiary of an evil empire. you should see all the green advocacy groups i've friended on Facebook

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

when the barefoot unwashed homeless guy on the corner asks me for change I pretend I can't hear him but I am going to tear this system down, man, this system that has guaranteed me incredible comfort without having to know how to actually do anything #bernie2016

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Moridin920 posted:

unfortunately true but at least we didn't have a massive hippy peace and love movement while voting for evil

the current generation knows poo poo is hosed they're just content with the bread and circuses

aye, i suppose the hypocrisy and complete crashing 180 of the hippy movement is pretty depressing and funny.

i suppose the current gen does know its mostly hosed up, but at the same they like to think they're smarter than previously and totally aren't as gullible, but just slap some irony/meta winks, nods and self-awareness to whatever it is they're trying to sell gen x/y and they lap it up just the same. or in politics they're just too content with the bread and circuses that they let themselves get rolled on apathetically, which isnt much better than boomers being retarded hypocrites

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

burritolingus posted:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
My parents get solicitations for all sorts of bullshit like Sheriff Joe Arpaio's re-election fund. My parents live in Michigan. I'm pretty sure there are dumbass boomers in Michigan who are supporting the Sheriff in Phoenix.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Xaris posted:

aye, i suppose the hypocrisy and complete crashing 180 of the hippy movement is pretty depressing and funny.

i suppose the current gen does know its mostly hosed up, but at the same they like to think they're smarter than previously and totally aren't as gullible, but just slap some irony/meta winks, nods and self-awareness to whatever it is they're trying to sell gen x/y and they lap it up just the same. or in politics they're just too content with the bread and circuses that they let themselves get rolled on apathetically, which isnt much better than boomers being retarded hypocrites

there were only a few tens of thousands of 60s activists whose political idealism extended beyond liking drugs and rock music, most boomers were always the same boring apathetic lumps that you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This thread makes me wish I'd gone in to banking so I could gently caress old bastards out of their houses on reverse mortgages.

• Locked thread