Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone who has nostalgia for the college year seasons of that show are dumb retards. Basically when all the characters got to high school every episode was some stupid melodrama with two characters fighting and the rest of the gang taking sides. So everything past like Season 3 was garbage. Mr Turner was right to kill himself to get off that stupid show before it got really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Topanga is a loving cool rear end name.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
what happened to mister turner and his friend eli?

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Gaunab posted:

what happened to mister turner and his friend eli?

Well Mr. Turner got in a car accident. Rumor has it he is going to make an appearance in an upcoming episode of spinoff Girl Meets World, which I actually like. No word on Eli.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Who the gently caress is Eli?

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who the gently caress is Eli?

The black teacher, who had maybe 15 lines the entire series. He also played the blind guy in Becker!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i wasnt sure how sex worked but i wanted to do it on topanga

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There was a black teacher? I'm pretty sure you're lying.

In fact there was only one black person in the whole show and she was only in the bullshit college years.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

gary oldmans diary posted:

She also got fat in the later seasons so thats another mark against them

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In fact there was only one black person in the whole show and she was only in the bullshit college years.

Forums user Shimrra Jamaane, meet Eli!

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
imo the show was okay growing up but the nostalgia surrounding the show is kind of obnoxious

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
oh no shawn joined a cult lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
remember how topanga started out as an annoying brainy nerd, but then became too hot so they had to turn her into the love interest?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

:nws:http://www.coedcherry.com/models/teen-topanga:nws:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

oh no shawn joined a cult lol

That was the same episode Shawn's dead beat dad died. In fact he died moments after he told the cult leader to go away. Clearly God punished him for his lack of faith

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nah the high school/college ones were the only ones worth watching cause Shawn was cute and Eric was too plus he was funny. Also Topanga had bomb-rear end tiddies

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
I hated, hated how the show made Eric a complete dumbass. Like, in the beginning of the series he was some goofy teenage boy, who cared only about girls and sex and poo poo like that. But a few seasons in they made him into just an imbecile, like borderline retarded. I think I read somewhere how in an episode he hit his head or something and the change happened then, but God. What a waste.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

mucocele posted:

Forums user Shimrra Jamaane, meet Eli!

Oh, the guy from Hepcat

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

mucocele posted:

I hated, hated how the show made Eric a complete dumbass. Like, in the beginning of the series he was some goofy teenage boy, who cared only about girls and sex and poo poo like that. But a few seasons in they made him into just an imbecile, like borderline retarded. I think I read somewhere how in an episode he hit his head or something and the change happened then, but God. What a waste.

Contracted Kelly Bundy Syndrome, aka Homer Simpsonitis.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

you need to take a boy meets world refresher course

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like the episode where the wedding band was lost in the strip club.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I watched a lot of them when I was much younger, I literally remember nothing aside from vague recollections of Mr. Feeny, Fred Savage's brother, and some guy who is supposed to be a better looking popular character. I have the vague suspicion I'm not missing much tbqh.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
The storyline where Cory cheated on Topanga with the girl from the ski lodge was pretty good. A real tear-jerker.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

mucocele posted:

Came in here to post this. Also every other episode was about Shawn having angst and wanting to RUN AWAY FOREVER.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
cory was a horrible person

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I liked the very early seasons, then the show turned into a circle jerk. I hated that loving show. I think I was even the same age as them (born in 81).

Eric was a gigantic pussy.

E: Wait, Cory was the main guy wasn't he? Who the gently caress was Eric? Why do I remember him being Eric Matthews?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
The show underwent several changes during its run, which can be expected of a show with such a long run. I'd say there are really maybe three phases to the show: the first couple seasons where things are very light, the middle couple seasons where things start to get more real, and then the last few seasons where they're in college and things are a bit more serious. You could maybe say it's some kind of metaphor for the characters growing up or something if you want to get deep or something.

I don't think the later seasons of the show are bad, just different.

I haven't seen the sequel series where the kid grew up and has a daughter.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
God, you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_vlkids6MU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
That dork will always live in the shadow of Fred Savage.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Cory was such a pussy. he spent all night talking to a chick which ends in a kiss and he acts like he hosed her and cheated on topanga

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
My memory of the early seasons are vague, I totally remember the Topanga ep, it wasn't just that she was some uber nerd she also came from UGH liberal hippy parents. This was another one of those shows where the youngest kid just dies between seasons right? Wasn't it Eric, Cory, and a little sister at first?

The Shawn character was fun because it gave the show a consistent reason to remind us all UGH poor people are the worst.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Cory was such a pussy. he spent all night talking to a chick which ends in a kiss and he acts like he hosed her and cheated on topanga

I know. Their relationship was always too intense. What teenagers in their right mind act like that.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Cyberball 2072 posted:

My memory of the early seasons are vague, I totally remember the Topanga ep, it wasn't just that she was some uber nerd she also came from UGH liberal hippy parents. This was another one of those shows where the youngest kid just dies between seasons right? Wasn't it Eric, Cory, and a little sister at first?

The Shawn character was fun because it gave the show a consistent reason to remind us all UGH poor people are the worst.

He wore leather.

Truly a rebel.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

mucocele posted:

I know. Their relationship was always too intense. What teenagers in their right mind act like that.

No poo poo... I found that poo poo so obnoxious when I was in high school.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Gaunab posted:

I remember this because a guy who cheated on his wife tried to use Cory's speech on Facebook. It didn't work out on Facebook like it did on TV.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
What was the gist of the speech?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
poo poo always got real in the 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ31eBipr_g

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Shadow posted:

What was the gist of the speech?

I can't find the macro he used but the full thing included a part where he's like "I didn't kiss her she kissed me."

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I feel a break in camaraderie with my fellow brethren from the 90s.

I hated:
- Fresh Prince of Bel Air, especially that piece of poo poo Carlton
- Save By the Bell and the bubble universe that surrounded those losers.
- Boy Meets World
- 90210, I didn't even pretend to relate or live vicariously through those people. They were just too unbelievable as high school students. Rich or not.
- Friends, I watched them but other than Chandler in the early episodes, I hated every character.

Can't think of others that are still regarded highly with nostalgia for gen-Xers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Shadow posted:

I feel a break in camaraderie with my fellow brethren from the 90s.

I hated:
- Fresh Prince of Bel Air, especially that piece of poo poo Carlton
- Save By the Bell and the bubble universe that surrounded those losers.
- Boy Meets World
- 90210, I didn't even pretend to relate or live vicariously through those people. They were just too unbelievable as high school students. Rich or not.
- Friends, I watched them but other than Chandler in the early episodes, I hated every character.

Can't think of others that are still regarded highly with nostalgia for gen-Xers.

Uh, Seinfeld?

• Locked thread