Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

OP why didn't you post the much superior followup article of said white dudes melting the gently caress down over being profiled

http://the-toast.net/2015/05/13/my-favourite-deleted-comments-from-the-white-dude-book-list/

ps extreme lol at the people proud that they don't read books itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

bawbzilla posted:

so someone curated a list of books anyone in the west would have at least one of then put "white male" as the tagline to sup up delicious tears when people flipped poo poo about it

lmao

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

malcolm gladwell, the best paid fairytale writer

come on man that one even comes directly after The World Is Flat

can't mess with the king

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

No way thomas friedman makes more money than malcolm gladwell

getting an exact bead on friedman's hoard would be tough but dude's rich as poo poo and comes from a rich as poo poo family and here's his palace

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 14, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bishop posted:

It needs more Hemingway, Clancy, Chrichton, and that's just a cursory glance

there's a lot of elaborately performative masculinity to go around, they each got a book and gotta give other authors their shot

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah a la recherche du temps perdu has a pretty low readability to totally probably impressing people when they spot it on your bookshelf ratio, you gotta go for things that people are gonna recognize enough to know how smart you are

Helical Nightmares posted:

Speaking of, no Fear and Loathing? No Rum Diaries? Naked Lunch?

:agreed:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

seems like a funny number to me too

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

they actually defy attention since you have never had any action taken against you

until now

you are going to be my first ~mod challenge~

you must make a post worse than Ancient Mariner by the end of the month (in this thread) or you will be probated for a month

go

holy poo poo death sentence

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

King of Bleh posted:

lengthy uncomfortable pause on your behalf if you own any book "for ironic purposes" in 2015

lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

real_slime posted:

what's the point of this list?

'ha ha feel bad about yourself'?

maybe it's more light hearted in intention, but observations like this that don't really say anything are all over the place. like 'we've got you figured out you like
these books, right? idiots.'

this self-loathing stuff is stupid. i see the list was written by the woman but it's usually a bunch of white men who share this kind of thing, trying to ascend their awareness by scoffing at other white men.

most people don't even own or read books anyway.

whhat do u find most insulting about this list op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Q: Why did the white man cross the road

A: That's not funny, there's no joke, why are white liberals always so guilty and self-flagellating, my black friend crossed a road once why this gotta be a 'white' thing, you're just looking for attention

• Locked thread