Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
"Why doesn't everyone like all these guys on my favorite team?"

-RAS

I mean Hank is the best, but otherwise who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

The Rangers rule and I could care less if anyone else likes them as long as they keep winning

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Bregor posted:

-RAS

people really gotta accept that it's completely rational to hate the president's trophy team, knock em down a peg

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Zip! posted:

Lundqvist - So dreamy :gay:

I want a Patrick Sharp/Henrik Lundqvist makeout session to happen sometime during the SCF. I want it to be like a hockey fight where everyone else on the ice is just circled around, watching. The crowd is cheering like crazy and the refs don't let anyone interfere until the last string of saliva from between their tongues breaks.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Bregor posted:

-RAS

It hurts me when other people don't like the players I like :(

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

Levitate posted:

It hurts me when other people don't like the players I like :(

I am a Boston Bruins fan, I can only get off when other people don't like players I like

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I want a Patrick Sharp/Henrik Lundqvist makeout session to happen sometime during the SCF. I want it to be like a hockey fight where everyone else on the ice is just circled around, watching. The crowd is cheering like crazy and the refs don't let anyone interfere until the last string of saliva from between their tongues breaks.

whoa man

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The Rangers roster and why you should want them to win:

Goaltenders

Henrik Lundqvist - The greatest goaltender of the post-great-lockout era, robbed of his 30-win-season streak by another lockout, should have at least three Vezinas but Tim Thomas and Marty Brodeur got them instead and nobody likes them anymore. Meanwhile, Handsome Henrik is still awesome and has even taken up charity work like trying to wash that dirt off of Sidney Crosby's upper lip.

Cam Talbot - He's being traded to the Oilers this offseason, so please let him get the most of his last playoffs.

Defensemen

Ryan McDonagh - He's a really good player who the Rangers acquired in the Scott Gomez trade, so unless you're a Habs fan you've got no reason to hate him.

Dan Girardi - Unbreakable man of stone. Missed five games since entering the league in 2006. He blocks tons of shots, hits a lot, is from Ontario, yet Don Cherry doesn't have a hard-on for him.

Marc Staal - Two of his brothers have cups, but you can cheer for a Staal to win without cheering for the Pens/Canes this time!

Kevin Klein - His hands are magic. He scored some really awesome goals early this year. HE once pummeled Derek Dorsett, then became his teammate, then saw Dorsett traded to Vancouver, where he turned into a second liner, based on his paycheck.

Keith Yandle - If you don't cheer for one big piece moving out of Arizona, then you can't cheer for the franchise to move.

Dan Boyle - B is for Boyle, grizzled and scary, beats all the shits out of gently caress Corey Perry. Well, until he was murdered by aggressive pylon Brooks Orpik.

Matt Hunwick - He's a journeyman who is actually pretty good, so I guess there's that.

Forwards

Rick Nash - He's a really good goal scorer who showed Ovechkin that you can win hockey games without scoring goals. Will probably eat something out of the cup too.

Derick Brassard - A good hockey player who there's no reason to hate unless you're a Columbus fan, but I think both Columbus fans like him anyway.

Mats Zuccarello - He's a hobbit who attracted droves of Norwegian media who annoyed John Tortorella by asking about him. A hobbit on his quest for one ring.

Chris Kreider - Oh boy, uh, who do I appeal to here? Hey Bruins fans, he's from Massachusetts and killed a Habs goalie once. Sens fans, he tried to solve your problem of too-many-goalies once! Jets fans, you want a way to get rid of Pavelec?

Derek Stepan - One of the greatest US players of all time, according to Joe Micheletti. He's also the new target for bald jokes since Getzlaf started shaving his head. You'll see if he celebrates without a helmet on.

Martin St. Louis - Hated only by bitter Tampa fans and stupid Rangers fans. Loved by all.

Carl Hagelin - He skates really fast, has a good flow going on, and looks like a huge dork.

Kevin Hayes - Bailed on the Blackhawks in order to save us from another season of complaints about why Q hates X rookie.

Dominic Moore - One of those veteran players who it'd be great to see win one. Needs to win one for his wife and his brother and probably his cat or something.

J.T. Miller - Grew up liking the Penguins before they were cool, and now beats them.

James Sheppard - Got into a lightsaber fight with a wookie in Times Square.

Tanner Glass - In order for Alain Vigneault to win a cup, Tanner Glass must win a cup. Hawks fans sacrifice goats, Rangers employ Tanner Glass. Now, invoke him and repeat after me. "Stanley. Cup. Champion. Tanner. Glass."

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 14, 2015

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

HOW COULD YOU posted:

I want Tampa bay to win because there is less of their fans posting non stop about why I should like them

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I had this dream once, it was like the last game in Slap Shot though. Instead of just one player stripping it was two of them, dancing like figure skaters in nothing but a jock. The arena was dead silent.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Zodijackylite posted:

The Rangers roster and why you should want them to win:

Goaltenders

Henrik Lundqvist - The greatest goaltender of the post-great-lockout era, robbed of his 30-win-season streak by another lockout, should have at least three Vezinas but Tim Thomas and Marty Brodeur got them instead and nobody likes them anymore. Meanwhile, Handsome Henrik is still awesome and has even taken up charity work like trying to wash that dirt off of Sidney Crosby's upper lip.

Cam Talbot - He's being traded to the Oilers this offseason, so please let him get the most of his last playoffs.

Defensemen

Ryan McDonagh - He's a really good player who the Rangers acquired in the Scott Gomez trade, so unless you're a Habs fan you've got no reason to hate him.

Dan Girardi - Unbreakable man of stone. Missed five games since entering the league in 2006. He blocks tons of shots, hits a lot, is from Ontario, yet Don Cherry doesn't have a hard-on for him.

Marc Staal - Two of his brothers have cups, but you can cheer for a Staal to win without cheering for the Pens/Canes this time!

Kevin Klein - His hands are magic. He scored some really awesome goals early this year. HE once pummeled Derek Dorsett, then became his teammate, then saw Dorsett traded to Vancouver, where he turned into a second liner, based on his paycheck.

Keith Yandle - If you don't cheer for one big piece moving out of Arizona, then you can't cheer for the franchise to move.

Dan Boyle - B is for Boyle, grizzled and scary, beats all the shits out of gently caress Corey Perry. Well, until he was murdered by aggressive pylon Brooks Orpik.

Matt Hunwick - He's a journeyman who is actually pretty good, so I guess there's that.

Forwards

Rick Nash - He's a really good goal scorer who showed Ovechkin that you can win hockey games without scoring goals. Will probably eat something out of the cup too.

Derick Brassard - A good hockey player who there's no reason to hate unless you're a Columbus fan, but I think both Columbus fans like him anyway.

Mats Zuccarello - He's a hobbit who attracted droves of Norwegian media who annoyed John Tortorella by asking about him. A hobbit on his quest for one ring.

Chris Kreider - Oh boy, uh, who do I appeal to here? Hey Bruins fans, he's from Massachusetts and killed a Habs goalie once. Sens fans, he tried to solve your problem of too-many-goalies once! Jets fans, you want a way to get rid of Pavelec?

Derek Stepan - One of the greatest US players of all time, according to Joe Micheletti. He's also the new target for bald jokes since Getzlaf started shaving his head. You'll see if he celebrates without a helmet on.

Martin St. Louis - Hated only by bitter Tampa fans and stupid Rangers fans. Loved by all.

Carl Hagelin - He skates really fast, has a good flow going on, and looks like a huge dork.

Kevin Hayes - Bailed on the Blackhawks in order to save us from another season of complaints about why Q hates X rookie.

Dominic Moore - One of those veteran players who it'd be great to see win one. Needs to win one for his wife and his brother and probably his cat or something.

J.T. Miller - Grew up liking the Penguins before they were cool, and now beats them.

James Sheppard - Got into a lightsaber fight with a wookie in Times Square.

Tanner Glass - In order for Alain Vigneault to win a cup, Tanner Glass must win a cup. Hawks fans sacrifice goats, Rangers employ Tanner Glass. Now, invoke him and repeat after me. "Stanley. Cup. Champion. Tanner. Glass."

nah

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
last year we had Stanley. Cup. Champion. Jeff. Schultz. so anything is possible

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want the Ducks to win so everyone gets real mad

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I was a lot more scared of facing the Kings last year than I am of the Ducks this year. The Hawks have so many scorers that I feel more confident about going toe-to-toe with an offensive-minded team than one with a defense as stifling as the Kings' was last year. I'm not worried about the Hawks' ability to score against the Ducks. It just becomes a matter of if they can outscore the Ducks in a high-scoring game.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i like the new york rangers

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Go Chicago hockey club

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
for too long the NHL, gary bettman, and all the owners have tolerated the new york rangers, just because they are technically not illegal

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bettman should investigate the Rangers for deflated pucks

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Am I the only one that finds it really weird that TSN and other Canadian sports sites don't allow people from outside of Canada to watch their videos. Are they hard up for bandwidth or something?

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
its probably a rights thing , much like there are certain US sites that us canadians can't watch without (an easy) workaround. You probably just aren't used to non-us media.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

zakharov posted:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

@Discovery guy should get a job with a sports team as their social media guy. That was some white hot fire.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Yeah I guess so, seems dumb to do it for stuff like highlights though. Sportsnet seems cool with allowing it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

keep going im almost there

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Wamsutta posted:

The Rangers rule and I could care less if anyone else likes them as long as they keep winning

:agreed:

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

You should root for the Blackhawks because they're going to win the Cup, and winning is cool. The opposite is rooting for the Blues, which isn't cool, in fact it's pretty much like a meth addiction.

Plus I hear the Hawks are going to let some elderly fellow hoist the cup on the ice after they win, pretty nice of them.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Levitate posted:

Yeah I guess so, seems dumb to do it for stuff like highlights though. Sportsnet seems cool with allowing it.

It might be because TSN uses Sports Centre branding from ESPN. So they're probably not allowed to use it in the states.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Even though I follow the Rangers and the Lightning I know to root for my local team. :colbert:

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Lumius posted:

its probably a rights thing , much like there are certain US sites that us canadians can't watch without (an easy) workaround. You probably just aren't used to non-us media.

It's more annoying now because TSN's website has become very video-heavy, to the point where it's not worth visiting unless you're in Canada.

You also need a Canada-specific workaround, which is a little bit harder to find. Most North American websites don't bother to block traffic from Hong Kong or Taiwan or Brazil (e.g.). TSN has erected a giant wall with "THE NORTH REMEMBERS" and the heads of its enemies on pikes strewn across the front.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Levitate posted:

Am I the only one that finds it really weird that TSN and other Canadian sports sites don't allow people from outside of Canada to watch their videos. Are they hard up for bandwidth or something?

Same reason I can't watch stuff on american sites. Canada is a bitch and a half when it comes to licences and rights.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

Americans complaining about country specific blocking ITT

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

HOW COULD YOU posted:

This.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
I have to use a VPN to watch American shows too and my extension works for America and a bunch of continental European countries. But not Canada :colbert:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Does that somehow make the practice less ridiculous or something?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
This whole "please like my team" from Rangers fans is just sad

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Please like Chris Kreider.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I disagree. I want everyone to hate Kreider. It makes me love him more.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

runoverbobby posted:

I have to use a VPN to watch American shows too and my extension works for America and a bunch of continental European countries. But not Canada :colbert:

Is there anything on Canadian TV besides hockey that someone would want to get in to watch?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I don't see why anyone would hate Chris Kreider. He plays hockey The Right Way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He'll be absolved when he gets Carey again wearing the other red white and blue

• Locked thread