Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Everyone shoot root for the Rangers because I don't think the forums could handle Wonderllama if the Bolts won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I want a Patrick Sharp/Henrik Lundqvist makeout session to happen sometime during the SCF. I want it to be like a hockey fight where everyone else on the ice is just circled around, watching. The crowd is cheering like crazy and the refs don't let anyone interfere until the last string of saliva from between their tongues breaks.

whoa man

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

If someone could make a compilation video of Kreider barreling into goalies set to the Ultimate Warrior's theme I'd love them forever

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

ThinkTank posted:

Can any Rangers fans give an explanation as to what's going on with St. Louis this post-season? All of a sudden he looks like a shadow of his former self where a year ago he was still a regular threat and a few years ago he won the Art Ross. Has age just hit him like a freight train, or is there something more to it?

They keep saying he looks old and slow on tv but I don't see that? He's getting to all the pucks no problem. Just seems to have bad luck/no confidence. The only thing that looks physical to me is that he's getting bumped off the puck easier when in the past he'd see it coming and kind of roll off of it like how Zucc does.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Derick Brassard not only has lots of offensive ability, but has become a pesky gently caress (going back and forth with Lapierre in the PIT series, the Stamkos stick steal tonight) and I love it.

Tampa has home ice now. Be interesting if they can take better advantage of it than Washington.

Brassard has been awesome since that deal, esp over the last year and a half. So happy that worked out. Him and Stepan down the middle is a real nice 1-2.

He plays wayyy more of a permimeter game in the playoffs, mostly because teams love clogging the front of the net. He's always been a guy who was gonna score off a break or finding a soft zone in coverage. But in the playoffs, teams will spend a lot of time collapsing to the front of the net like the Caps did which cuts down his areas, and the Rangers start to rely a whole lot more on those shots for rebounds off the half boards.

I do think it's a matter of time in this series because of how open it has been thus far. But the short story is opponents are collapsing which takes away a lot of his sweet spots and cuts down passing lanes, and the Rangers themselves are spending a lot of time shooting for garbage goals.

also, Tyler Johnson has been fantastic, goddamn.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Agreed on Boyle and Yandle. I also cut them a little more slack since they're there specifically to make a bit more risky passes than the other dman.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

CBJSprague24 posted:

Another one-goal game for the Rangers.

Does McDonagh normally pinch to the extent that he's in front of the net battling in the offensive zone? I noticed it late in the game tonight. It's like Jack Johnson Sportgame without the adverse effects.

e-

:thurman:

The Rangers pinch a ton, esp faster guys like him and Yandle.

also Kreider played the worst game I've ever seen him play. He was directly responsible for two goals, and took a dumbass penalty too

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

kalensc posted:

They'll be contenders but the Metro is going to be a meat-grinder to make the playoffs. NYR, NYI, Was, and Pit could all win the division next year, Columbus looked solid once they weren't half-dead, and I figure one of Philly or Jersey will right the ship enough to push for a WC spot. Just making the ECF for a third year in a row (or out of four) will be quite the challenge.

Meanwhile in the Pacific :gonk:

They've basically loaded up for this year and possibly next. StLouis is up this year, and Yandle and Boyle come off next year.

For what a fuckstick he has been at times in NY, Slats has gotten fairly good at the whole cap wizardry game. He basically staggered all the bigger contracts to expire right around the time the most important RFAs and UFAs are due for raises. He's basically giving himself a 2-3 year window with a few older big contracts and then moving on. It allows them flexibility during Hanks last 2-3 peak years.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

GoatShaver posted:

So St. Louis doesn't get resigned, i'm curious to see what Kreider gets.

if I had to guess, Slats will aim for 3-3.5 bridge deal for him. He's got virtually the same ppg as last year but he's not quote first line material. Zucc got 4.5 but he was a ufa.

Stepan's a bit more tricky. Hopefully they get him on a deal similar to Brassard.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'll concede everything in that statement except for the Hank talk because that's just insane.

Hank's the man but I want that gently caress to have a bad hair day just once so I can feel a little better about myself. How the gently caress can you play goalie for 2.5 hours and still look like a goddamn model

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

onemillionzombies posted:

His extremely asymmetrical hairline is still ridiculous, Patrick Sharp handsomer.

as someone noted, he's got a bit of asymmatry going on in general but it works! Another half inch and he'd be Ryan Miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Submitting all you pinkos to watch lists

• Locked thread