Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Cool

Rangers in the ECF for the 3rd time in the last 4 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Lundqvist's playoff stats in 2015: 1.60/.944

he's been amazing. That Holtby was pretty much equally as good is also amazing

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/598683756107563008

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Dom Moore is getting old (34) and is cool and deserves a cup and his wife died from cancer and that's sad

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Dan Girardi is also cool even if he's an advanced stats nightmare. I find it hard to not respect the guy who sacrifices his body that much for the team, has only missed like 2 games in his career, and was an undrafted free agent signing who started his pro career in the ECHL

Zucc also owns

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Jamwad Hilder posted:

nah, there's only one wonderllama

if the Rangers win then we have to deal with way more insufferable posting (not all of you, obviously)

I'd be more insufferable but it takes effort, sorry. I'll try harder.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Kreider will board the poo poo out of Kane and get away with it. Chicago's offense will fall apart.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Bregor posted:

"Why doesn't everyone like all these guys on my favorite team?"

-RAS

I mean Hank is the best, but otherwise who cares.

It hurts me when other people don't like the players I like :(

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Am I the only one that finds it really weird that TSN and other Canadian sports sites don't allow people from outside of Canada to watch their videos. Are they hard up for bandwidth or something?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Yeah I guess so, seems dumb to do it for stuff like highlights though. Sportsnet seems cool with allowing it.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Americans complaining about country specific blocking ITT

Does that somehow make the practice less ridiculous or something?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

tofes posted:

This whole "please like my team" from Rangers fans is just sad

I want everyone to acknowledge that I make good decisions about hockey teams

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

He practiced this morning

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

:getin:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Tex's Rangers

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

except on mine Kreider is bicycle kicking Carey Price while making that face

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Tampa Bay is full of assholes

Their hockey team has jerks on it too

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I bet Tyler Johnson is a real rear end in a top hat in real life

because he's short

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I don't even know who most of you are and what teams you cheer for so I just assume you're all Montreal fans honestly

it's probably the PK avs

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

oh and Dan Boyle is practicing.

I'm not sure how the hell his brains are scrambled but it sure looks like he's going to play

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

that's even worse!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Lets go rangers

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Oh, why would anyone want to watch hockey then

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Without reading it I'm guessing fewer breakaways/oddman rushes, takes a lot of easily saved shots from long range, and on top of that bad luck shooting percentage on the prime scoring chances that he does get.

Maybe throw in something about better goaltending in the playoffs

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

larkko posted:

Yeah. After a good first game the Rangers got sloppy and here's the end result. At least the power play scored twice and Stepan is really heating up.

Real question: would TB have even advanced past the first round without Johnson? He's having a heck of a spring and Tampa's offense pretty much hinges on him scoring.

Yeah Rangers just straight up played bad. Tampa played well but the Rangers gifted them two goals, took a ton of penalties, and just were sloppy as poo poo and so gave the best offense in the league tons of good chances. Just a bad game by the Rangers, playing right into Tampa's hands.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rangers still playing lovely but Nash scoring two goals and Marty scoring might be a sign that hell has frozen over and Tampa might should be worried that the normal rules of the universe may no longer apply and in this brave new frontier exists the possibility that they will lose this series while Rick Nash becomes a playoff hero

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Was it his dad this time

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

a false posted:

i only saw the first period but i also saw the shot totals and the highlights and i don't know how badly the rangers were outplayed for the latter two periods but it seems it was at least less egregious than the previous two games and also that henrik lundqvist is better than ben bishop so maybe the rangers have a chance in the series?

They got crazy outplayed for most of the second

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Furnaceface posted:

But we havnt even made it to the Rangers/Ducks SCF yet for that to happen?

Imagine only RAS and Mook posting

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Yeah the ECF has been nuts pretty much

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I think there's a loving fantastic narrative as long as it "the Rangers win the Stanley Cup!"

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

But no one wants the Canucks to be the Canadian team that wins it

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

narratives are almost always manufactured bullshit by the sports media and they mean stupid jack poo poo.

I want to see hockey being played not listen to Pierre and Milbury talk about why I should care about some team or player.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

but really I'm happy that regardless of what happens there's only one more game of seeing the Rangers play like giant dumb baby idiots against Tampa because this has been the stupidest hockey they've played since the start of the season

My inexpert analysis is that Tampa passes the puck extremely well and the Rangers style of defense is more like play man to keep teams to the outside and then collapse on the puck carrier to take the puck away when they get them pinned, but Tampa moves it too well and finds holes in the Rangers defense because it involves a lot of switching and moving parts instead of just stacking the slot.

On the other hand when Tampa messes up their passing they spend a lot of time turning the puck over and giving up great chances against.

If the Rangers advance I don't think they'll see an offense as good as Tampa's in the finals, but will probably see some more consistent solid play without as many crazy turnover spurts. If Tampa advances, they probably face a defense that matches up against them better than the Rangers and a goalie who's not as good (though they haven't always had trouble with Lundqvist obviously)

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Aphrodite posted:

Hint: that's not why.

It's because fans are whiny shits isn't it

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Sharp is too generic looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

xzzy posted:

I dislike the anthem at sporting events too. I get why it happens, and there's nothing to be done about it at this point, but it still makes me roll my eyes every time I see someone get all revved up because something patriotic got broadcast over the speaker system.

Finally, someone agrees with me

Also all the yelling out sports team cliches during the anthem is stupid

• Locked thread