Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
which one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Depends, how attractive are you?

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
i dont mean specifically jobs for me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
owning assets that give a passive income

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

CEO of a very large lucrative corporation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
being born wealthy.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

that aint working

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

don't you need to have like a million plus to do this though?

what can you buy for not a fortune? a billboard?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
congress

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

trigonsareNOThomo posted:

buy property in poor areas then tell white people it'll be the new hip spot.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Romes128 posted:

buy property in poor areas then tell white people it'll be the new hip spot.

But how do you get rid of all the blacks?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

dress up as a ghost

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

you don't. enough white people will take over the area and the problem will sort itself out.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol a billboard yeah but then you'd have to pay an ad agency to manage it for you unless you wanted to do it yourself and you probably wouldn't make all that much. vending machines maybe? the market for that was probably 15 years ago though.

i mean like own 1,000,000 shares of a stock that pays dividends.

walmart stock pays 1.92 a year iirc. get you like 100,000 of those and you're good. it's trading at like 78 so you'd need an initial investment of 8 mil of course but you know. maybe a bank will loan it to you.

but then you've got a blue chip stock that is probably going to increase in value or at worst stay basically where it is over the next decade and in the meantime you're getting an income of $192,000 a year.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 14, 2015

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
oh i thought you were gonna give some advice relevant to if i had like under 100k or something not 8 million bucks

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

oh i thought you were gonna give some advice relevant to if i had like under 100k or something not 8 million bucks

lol welcome to america. it's easy as gently caress to make money if you already have a bunch, otherwise we've got the shittiest social mobility rate since the 1800s

don't marry early, wait until 30 to have kids, save some money. don't buy a house, invest instead.

if it was easy to do no work and still make tons of money without already having a bunch of capital everyone would be rich.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 14, 2015

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ASMR starlet

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Internet comedy forum owner

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

lol welcome to america. it's easy as gently caress to make money if you already have a bunch, otherwise we've got the shittiest social mobility rate since the 1800s

I'm surprised OP hasn't learned this yet. Either he's in high school and the rich kids.haven't gotten too outwardly classist yet or is so poor he doesn't realize just how huge a lifestyle gap there is between someone merely making a living wage and someone with more than $500k in liquid assets.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

being a jew is the best career with the least work and most money

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

Internet comedy forum owner

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

life of crime sounds pretty dope tbh

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
if you are good with numbers and people and aren't too spooked by abstract money voodoo like 'credit default swaps' then go into finance. i know a dude who fits this profile and made 9 figures in 20 years and retired in his mid 40s. he came from a very middle class background and yes he worked kinda hard but not hundred million dollar hard.

if you choose finance and are goy, get used to this being the predominant background feature of your occupation.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

High end sales, dude I know gets fed leads and makes tens of thousands on retention bonuses. Easy if you know how to sell, impossible if you're a weird internet sperg

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

um id like to go to heaven sooo poor humble and proud it is

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you're working for someone else you're loving up unless your intention is to build a client base that you can go independent with later

otherwise you're just making someone else money that could probably be going into your pocket :shrug:

My brother-in-law was a corporate lawyer out of law school. The difference in the rate he got paid vs the rate the firm charged the client for those hours was an order of magnitude (10x more).

He got some experience and started his own firm. Not really easy though.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 14, 2015

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

a few people on youtube got rich as gently caress by yelling over obscure video games. try that, OP. The key seems to be to be ironically bad at the game.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
bootstraps salesman

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oval office

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Human resources.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

being a lady who's a profesional model would be good, all you have to do is not eat and snort coke

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

blainestereo posted:

life of crime sounds pretty dope tbh

this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Get a group of 4-5 people with outstanding credit and decent incomes, form an investment group, form a business plan that will convince a bank lending you $10m isn't a totally insane proposition. Given the state of the economy that's likely not going to happen (especially if you're not rich to begin with lol USAUSAUSA) but maybe if you've got collateral or something you could do it.

Afaik most small business loans are for $500 to $2m though so you're going to have to be really convincing or start much smaller.

Buy blue chip dividend stocks and each of you can collect like ~$20k a year (assuming like $150,000 to $190,000 in dividends divided by 4-5 minus interest). Hopefully you didn't get bent over backwards on the interest rate and the dividends + % gain on the stock covers the interest leaving you with a decent income stream. It won't be baller baller money but it'll be the income of a 40 hrs a week at $9/hr poo poo job for basically zero work and if you picked the right stocks your investment will grow. For example, Wal-Mart has increased dividends every year for the last 50 years and their stock price has only gone up since 15 years ago. If you pick a stock like Apple that splits then you're stoked.

This is also a terribly dangerous idea if you have no idea what you're doing on the stock market or financial markets in general so make sure you incorporate and get a loan through the business so if you go bankrupt the bank isn't going after your personal assets for the rest of your life. You're probably not going to get a loan in the first place if your business plan is just 'buy stocks' though.

On the other hand the economy is terrible so chances are it's going to get better rather than worse. I'm recommending blue chips like IBM or Walmart because the odds they're going to lose all their value over a short period of time are really low. If you take $10m and buy penny stocks trying to double your money you're a moron.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 14, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

drug dealer

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
open a bakery, refuse to make a wedding cake for gays, open a gofundme account

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

emperor

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
alternately buy apartment/condo buildings in up and coming areas that still have cheap real estate prices, hire a company to manage it for you, collect rents.

my gf's grandparents own like 80 apartment buildings in LA and they don't do poo poo anymore besides cash the check the rent check the management people send them.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Sales after u establish a base

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
slip and fall inside of stores to get insurance settlements

• Locked thread