Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Is Pig Killer in it i love that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

this is the gayest complaint about that movie possible

How about it makes no sense, is PG-13 and completely for pussies, is basically a live action cartoon for 9 year olds, the soundtrack sucks rear end, and it's just all around a loving awful movie?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
man you really mad about thunderdome

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rezatahs posted:

man you really mad about thunderdome

I just watched it again two nights ago with some friends who'd never seen the Mad Max films before, after watching 1 and 2. We basically spent the entire back 2/3s of it wondering how it was so terrible.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Did we really need another hero?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cant we just get beyond thunderdome?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

How about it makes no sense, is PG-13 and completely for pussies, is basically a live action cartoon for 9 year olds, the soundtrack sucks rear end, and it's just all around a loving awful movie?

you're right there was a gayer one after all

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I love that men's rights activists are super upset about it and boycotting it lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

cant we just get beyond thunderdome?

Thanks to Fury Road, yes, we finally can.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

thunderdome was good until the kids, i dont think this is a controversial opinion

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i wish this new mad max had been directed by wed anderson

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Okay is this going to be anything like when Transformers came out it was 10 pages of goons making GBS threads themselves with glee until the rising tide of people with brains and taste pointed out that it was garbage?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Okay is this going to be anything like when Transformers came out it was 10 pages of goons making GBS threads themselves with glee until the rising tide of people with brains and taste pointed out that it was garbage?

The original Transformers has a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes you clueless loving sack of poo poo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Certified rotten BITCH.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LegoPirateNinja posted:

the rising tide of people with brains and taste

A lego pirate ninja???

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I love that men's rights activists are super upset about it and boycotting it lol

I've read dumbshit journalists saying its a feminist movie so mras hate it by default now ?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

JebanyPedal posted:

The original Transformers has a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes you clueless loving sack of poo poo.

JebanyPedal posted:

Certified rotten BITCH.

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

Fury Road has fat women used as cows for their milk so it comes close

lol and people were worried about it being too feminist or something

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

JebanyPedal posted:

Of course it does now.

That doesn't change the fact that the Transformers thread was a disaster

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wtf?????

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

what if there was a lego pirate ninja... zombie?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRth8ygj7N4
Tupac gets owned by Bone Thugs n Harmony.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I still haven't seen thunderdome, should I before I see this

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

memy posted:

You can if you want but you won't really lose anything by not doing it.
You can also watch Babe which is a good movie.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

memy posted:

unnecessary

you should see it eventually but the movies have nothing important to do with each other beyond a general theme of desert bandit wacky races

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
this movie looks p cool, I wanna see it. maybe tonight

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

desert bandit wacky races

lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've read dumbshit journalists saying its a feminist movie so mras hate it by default now ?

It's very much a feminist movie. Like it wears it's agenda on it's sleeve. MRAs are still idiots, though.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

theres lots of sexy ladies mostly naked in it though

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

theres lots of sexy ladies mostly naked in it though

Both things can be true.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have only seen mad max and it was a long time ago can i just go see this movie and enjoy it? wanna see something and the only other thing is the avengers which seems bad

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Whatever it is the majority of people think, the opposite of that is what I believe with all my heart

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheJoker138 posted:

It's very much a feminist movie. Like it wears it's agenda on it's sleeve. MRAs are still idiots, though.

I mean there sure are women who do some of the action and don't play victims or boob presence but it's just a cool movie

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I mean there sure are women who do some of the action and don't play victims or boob presence but it's just a cool movie

It's literally a movie about women taking agency and not only escaping the patriarchy, but destroying it. It's a very feminist film. Miller even had the woman who created the Vagina Monologues as a consultant.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheJoker138 posted:

doesn't it have fat women being used as milk cows in it

just because it has women that actually do things doesn't make it feminist lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

doesn't it have fat women being used as milk cows in it

Yes, by the evil male war lord who also keeps sex slaves specifically to breed him a male heir. You're not supposed to be going "lol yeah use those fat chicks as cows, Immortan Joe!" He's a real loving bastard and that's just one of the insanely over the top and evil things he's doing. There are even shots of those characters at the end rising up within the palace walls and hitting the switches to give water to all the poor people who are dying at the bottom of Joe's fortress.

A movie can be both cool and feminist. See also: Terminator 2. They are not somehow mutually exclusive. I'm not sure if you two know what "feminist" actually means here, as you both seem to be using the definition that only insane people like SJWs and MRAs do for some reason. Showing competent women with agency who are in charge of their own lives, and not only that are going against a villain who is basically every single horrible male leader from history rolled into one, is blatantly feminist and you'd have to be fuckin' retarded not to see it. You're like the guys saying Ex Machina wasn't a feminist film.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes, by the evil male war lord who also keeps sex slaves specifically to breed him a male heir. You're not supposed to be going "lol yeah use those fat chicks as cows, Immortan Joe!" He's

i was

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes, by the evil male war lord who also keeps sex slaves specifically to breed him a male heir. You're not supposed to be going "lol yeah use those fat chicks as cows, Immortan Joe!" He's a real loving bastard and that's just one of the insanely over the top and evil things he's doing. There are even shots of those characters at the end rising up within the palace walls and hitting the switches to give water to all the poor people who are dying at the bottom of Joe's fortress.

A movie can be both cool and feminist. See also: Terminator 2. They are not somehow mutually exclusive. I'm not sure if you two know what "feminist" actually means here, as you both seem to be using the definition that only insane people like SJWs and MRAs do for some reason. Showing competent women with agency who are in charge of their own lives, and not only that are going against a villain who is basically every single horrible male leader from history rolled into one, is blatantly feminist and you'd have to be fuckin' retarded not to see it. You're like the guys saying Ex Machina wasn't a feminist film.

I haven't seen the movie yet I'll just take your word on it I guess

I don't think feminism is bad I just don't think independent women fighting men is any basis for being mad about it assuming you're an MRA type, nor is it particularly radical feminism.

Like does it have feminist themes? Sure. Is it a feminist propaganda piece? Probably not.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheJoker138 posted:

It's literally a movie about women taking agency and not only escaping the patriarchy, but destroying it. It's a very feminist film. Miller even had the woman who created the Vagina Monologues as a consultant.

Yeah it seems obvious now. So it's a cool feminist movie I guess, #mindfuck

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think feminism is bad I just don't think independent women fighting men is any basis for being mad about it assuming you're an MRA type

If you're an MRA you're probably mad about women by definition vOv

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

JebanyPedal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRth8ygj7N4
Tupac gets owned by Bone Thugs n Harmony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU

Better song and Mad Max inspired visuals!

• Locked thread