Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: 0 Volatile - 1 Dark: 1
XP: 3/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Prey Animal, Lucky
Currently dressed as: Delilah Location: Gym

Oh well that worked out better than I expected. "Wait so Lenora is an alien from outer space whose escaped from a secret government lab." I paused for a moment " No wait that was Bruce's co-star what's her face. Unless she's a time travelling Cabbie from the future..." "It's the first one isn't it? Which would honestly explain a lot." I said. "So is there anyone at all in the dorm who's normal? I mean I suppose I was but that's obviously in the past now." Strange you'd almost think I'd be upset at being transformed into a freak of nature that changes shape based on the clothes I wear. But it's weird I'm actually kind of starting to enjoy it. I'm finding out so much more about people than I ever knew.

"But yeah if she needs help to fight the invading space aliens or whatever I'd be happy to help. Not that I'm much good in fight though." I replied. "Although I suppose Delilah is, do you suppose muscle memory is a thing?" I asked curiously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Lenora: The lights start flickering quickly as you race for the door. Sam calls after you but you do not stop until you trip and fall right in front of Abby and her intense mentor.

Delilah: As your eyes scan the book you feel light headed. You see five people around a powerful magic circle summoning a demon. You see flames roar within the circle, trying to get out. You see yourself now inside the circle, awash in flame, unable to escape or fight out. The fire roars around you and you can't even hear your friends.

Sam: Ms. Aritza looks at you passively for a moment before replying coolly "Of course I have carbon and water. Abby be a dear and go fetch it for them." Abby nods and races off and Ms. Aritza simply watches you almost knowingly. She radiates power and you know you are in her domain. Several minutes pass before Abby comes upstairs with a bucket of black soot and a second bucket full of water. "In the center of the circle please." Ms. Aritza intones and Abby lugs the buckets to the center of the magic circle then sets them down. All you need now is five people.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 Cold: +2x Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Self-Centered, Selfish, Bitch

No response from my friends - guess they've gotten to work already like I asked them to.

Meanwhile, Amanda's asking a lot of questions and also seems to have never seen the Sixth Sense. That, or she's just being willfully dense, I don't know. Flicking some vibrantly strands of red hair back into place, I start trying to answer her without sounding too annoyed - which is actually a little easier than I thought it'd be, since she looks like Delilah and I have a hard time being mad at her. "What? No, I mean she's a ghost. You know, like in the Sixth Sense?" Duh Amanda. "We're trying to bring her back."

I hit a few buttons on my phone to alert my limodriver that I'll be needing a ride - looks like it'll take about five minutes to get here, so we have a little bit of time to kill - then return my attention to Amandelilah, who's complaining about not being normal and asking if her being dressed up like Delilah will make her more Delilah~ish. "There's a few normal kids - Lindsey, Rebecca, and Thomas definitely all are." I had them vetted quite carefully, since I practically didn't believe it when I found out they weren't magic like the rest of us. "But for the most part, we live in a weird dorm. I'm pretty sure it's because I live in it."

"How did you start doing your... I dunno, magic clothes-shapechanging thing?" She hadn't been able to do it when we were dating, I think. Didn't actually learn all that much about her at the time, now that I think back on things. "And... do you still have any of mine?" I'm starting to get an idea...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Currently dressed as: Delilah Location: Gym

"Lenora's a ghost?" my jaw dropped. "I didn't know. That explains a lot about the way she behaves. I mean there were a few things that didn't add up about her but a ghost?" I'm talking to an elf princess my ex is some sort of demon shapeshifter and her two lovers are a zombie and a sorceress but it's ghosts that shock me. "I guess I'm the odd one out. Or I was maybe." I decided to explain since Melody seemed in a good mood. "I uh was hoping you could tell me a bit more about that. See the first time it happened was after that party you threw. Your parents threw me out because of well you know Mammon and well I didn't react well." I went on "it uh started with me borrowing some of Lenora's clothes because I didn't have something clean to put on. The first surprise was they fit. The uh second surprise was when I looked in the mirror and saw someone else's face staring back at me. So I uh kind of freaked." How much to tell her about the next bit I don't know but what the heck in for a penny. "So I uh tried being Lenora for a bit which was weird interesting but weird. Till um Nadia realised I wasn't the real deal and well that's when the whole thing came out." I looked at her "So I suppose you know this already but I went and talked to the expert on magic or at least the closest I could find Sam and she well did something and said it was some form of Fae magic a curse or something and well thinking back your mom said something about never wanting to see my face again." "She was going to try and get rid of it but what with first one thing and then another... we never got round to it."

"And uhh no I got all your clothes burnt in a fire why?" I asked suspiciously. Although dressing as Melody had been kind of fun not that I was about to tell her that to her face she'd be way to smug about it. "and well that's it."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot -1 | Cold +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: One of Them, Drained

I... didn't hear Delilah's phone go off. Lenora's flight has ended with her piled up in front of Abby's mentor, so I spare a moment to stare at Delilah, trying to pierce any magic concealing her true identity. But... I don't see any. She certainly acted like Delilah though... Ugh, too much is going on here. I leave Delilah for now and hurry over to Lenora, putting an arm around her shoulder and helping her up. "Relax Lenora, it'll be fine. Deep breaths."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot -1 | Cold +3 | Volatile +3 | Dark -1
XP: 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Melody's Knight, One of Them

I blink and in that moment realise I don't know what my last conscious thought was. The book I am pretty sure I was holding a second ago crashes to the ground, and the noise pulls me from whatever I was lost in like a too-loud alarm clock from deep sleep. "What the gently caress?" I blink again. Yeah, in retrospect, that was too loud, and that's not taking account I'm standing around frozen like an idiot for who knows how long, yelling in some occult library.

I collect myself, idiotically brushing off some imaginary dust. loving magic books. Can't just have a goddamn bullet list and some diagrams, no, have to invade my brain like some supernatural pop up. gently caress. Although, given some of the poo poo that has played out inside my head, it wasn't really all that bad but still - losing control, even if it's just zoning out... something in me pushes back against it, and for good reasons.

Whatever. Think I know how to summon and weaken Melody''s ex - that part with me being inside the circle was just... metaphorical or from that rear end in a top hat''s perspective, right? Or was it? This isn't like some shirt where I have to be 'the vessel' or some shirt like that, right? Ah gently caress, I don't know.

I'll have to ask Samantha about this after all, in fact, I think she'd actually be happier if she were able to help out finding out about this shirt. Which is another way of saying she might be a bit miffed if I'm suddenly coming up with magic stuff she doesn't know about, but, whatever, it's fine. Think I get it.

Now where is Samantha? Hm. Helping up Lenora - did jshe fall? - though that's not really all I notice now that I am actually paying attention. Abigale and her mentor still have that... tension, in their stance, in the way they look. In the way they look at Leno, actually. Hm.

I step forward, still a good ways away from either of the two groups and lean against a bookshelf, arms crossed. I look first at A big ale, then at Samantha, giving both of them a 'what's going on? ' look.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 Cold: +2x Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Self-Centered, Selfish, Bitch

It's just the two of us, standing by the curb. Everyone else is inside watching the tail-end (poo poo, must be thinking of Delilah) of the Volleyball game, or doubtlessly interacting with my painfully mortal friends as they hand out convincing campaign literature on my behalf. Just me and my somewhat stupid ex here till the limo shows up, and it's clearly stuck in traffic - I can see it from where we're standing, and it's going to be at least another minute before it gets here.

Seems my mom cursed her. Which is both hilarious, and something I can sympathize with. Back before she went loving crazy and rebounded to Nadia, mom made me break up with Amanda to her face - I can really, really see the two of them not getting along. Anyways, even though Amanda deserved it, here's a chance to be magnanimous. Especially if I ask her the favor I intend to down the line...

"Wow, I can't believe my mom did that to you," I tell her with an absolutely straight face, even though of course I can believe it. Putting an arm around Amanda's shoulder, I'm offering her a supportive and also maybe deliberately-tantalizing-side-hug. "I can fix it though..." I whisper in her ear. Let's be honest here, she hosed with me ROYALLY after we broke up. Turn about's fair play...

We're right next to each other, though a lot more vertical than we have been before when that was true. "Just say the word, and I'll figure out how to fix it for you. For old time's sake..." Delilah's rear end is amazing and Amanda's borrowing it, so I grab ahold with the hand that'd been around her shoulder. After all, it's just the two of us outside, she looks like my girlfriend, and she's my ex - this isn't something I feel bad about at all.

<Rauri> Turn on Amanda
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+2 = 9

To go along with that, offering a boon - a true answer to the question of "How do I remove Natalie Skye-Edgar's curse?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Currently dressed as: Delilah Location: Volleyball

"Don't you get enough of that from the real Delilah" I gasped out. "Or is this some sort of subtle revenge for feeling you up earlier." Either way it was clear that whether Melody was getting enough was open to debate but I clearly wasn't given how much I was enjoying what she was doing. give Melody a string But focus Amanda on what she's saying not how super hot it feels with her pressed up against me like this. "Wait you can fix this? Make me normal again?" I looked at her with disbelief. Sam couldn't figure it out. But wasn't Melody some sort of princess maybe she knew more or felt she could bully her parents into reversing this curse. I could go back to being normal. Just being plain old Amanda again whose only problem was she was crushing on a girl who didn't know she existed couldn't I?

But what was normal in a world where my roommate was ghost? One ex was some sort of demon shapeshifter and the other one an elf princess. One of my dormmates the one I was dressed as in fact could pass for an extra in Night of the Living Dead and her other girlfriend could rewrite the laws of physics with a thought or something like that. Not to mention Mammon was still out there. He knew who I was and he hated my guts for screwing up his plans and there were snake monsters out to get us all or something whatever that was about... Could I afford to be just plain old Amanda Ross from Normal IL again or did I need this curse to protect me to survive in a world where I was just one more piece of prey? I don't think i could be safe as someone normal. This isn't what I would have chosen to make me different but it's part of me now. And it does have it's upsides obviously. For example being groped publicly by an incredibly attractive celebrity....

"I wish--" I sighed. "A part of me wishes anyway that I could be normal again. But I don't know what normal is anymore." I pulled very reluctantly away from her. "Mammon and friends are still out there and he still probably hates my guts almost as much as he hates yours. Could I be safe as a normal person? I don't think so"
I smiled at the offer "Thanks though for offer It's very generous of you but I'm afraid I'll have to say no." It was surprisingly altruistic of Melody. Maybe she had turned over a new leaf or something. Either that or Sam and Delilah were a positive influence on her. "Listen this looks like your car so we better get moving if we're going to go help Lenora"

rejecting your boon

• Locked thread