Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2x Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1x
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

Seyah is kind of sweet. It would be nice to have friends again. Proper friends not like that vapid bitch Allison. I only thought she was my friend but what sort of friend sleeps with your boyfriend like that. As for him well he could go and rot the two of them deserve each other. But now's really not the time to bring up old grievances from months ago and it may have worked out for the best anyway. I mean imagine if I'd been in a committed relationship when I met Melody for the first time now that would've been awkward. Still what were we talking about, Oh yeah sororities . .

I'm really not that the type to be invited to join a sorority. Not that I'd want to join anyway. Buncha snooty bitches more concerned with drinking and partying and falling into bed with the first guy they come across. I mean even Tori seems to only be doing it out of family tradition and I'm not really sure Seyah would cut it in that kind of atmosphere. The manipulative types who run them would eat her for breakfast, if today performance was anything to go by that is. Still if that's what she wants I suppose I should help as well. I mean yeah Melody's help will probably be a thousand times more useful but I can do what I can right? "I wouldn't want to join a sorority myself." I added "but if that's what you want I'll give you whatever help you need. Even if it's just moral support and what have you. I mean that's what friends do right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions

I giggle at her response and nod in agreement. I'm already making friends! This year is starting out great!

Then she asks how I know so much about the town. That's... not so nice. I mean, I maybe she doesn't know I'm stuck here, but... she probably does. But... maybe she's not trying to be mean? My smile still falters a little as I respond, "H-huh? Oh, um, I just got into town before everyone else, and it's not like there's much to do before school starts. So, I spent a lot of time exploring."

It's not even a lie, to be honest.

Still, I try and change the subject by talking to Nadia, "So, yeah, one of the good things about getting hear early is that I got all the classes I wanted." I take a moment to pretend that I'm trying to remember what classes I have, even though I have the whole Freshman course catalog memorized by this point. I say, "I ended up with History 101, Philosophy 101, Political Science 101, and Literature of Renaissance Europe. Really excited about that last one. Oh, and Massage for my Wellness Requirement. What about you?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Diner Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly

"I don't think I will ever have another chance to try it or get into one of these either!" I thought to myself and started to consider both sides. First, I go and be kicked out, I could still make connections, and I would be able to hang out with Tori. I'm sure it would be very sordid, but it didn't matter, at least I had tried. Tori didn't look to excited about it as well, so getting kicked out wouldn't be that bad. The other idea is could not try and end up being alone in my room most likely, hope that I could befriend Amanda and Kat, or that Melody takes pity on me again. She sure seemed to throw her weight around.

"You know, I've always been told I couldn't do everything I wanted to do growing up, but they aren't here now to stop me! The worst that could happen is that I get kicked out right?" Or run away after biting everyone in range and entombing most in web, but that wouldn't happen. No one could be that vicious right? Thinking of the American Man made me grit my teeth and I whispered mostly to myself, "That rear end in a top hat wouldn't want me in a sorority." Looking down and taking another drink of water, I looked at Melody and nodded.

"Melody, if it isn't too much trouble, I would love to get a chance at least.Do you need me to do anything?" I was a bit wondering if Melody's game was just giving me this, but the excitement filled through me it was great! I nudged Tori excitedly, I was going to be trying to do it with Tori and that was awesome! If they were mean, I wouldn't be left flat footed again, I promised myself. The plan had expanded from where it was, but now it was absolutely on track again. My web would be spreading wonderfully. So excited, I realized I was giggling and bobbing up and down on my seat. I gave a blush and realized this is what it must be to have friends. I liked friends quite a bit.

Seyah accepts Melody's offer, and takes condition Yours Truly

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 21, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
XP: 1/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader

Do I need anything from you? Dear Sayeh, of course not. Yet.

Grabbing my phone back from her, I check to be sure she hasn't scrolled to another entry before hitting the call button. Putting my phone up to my ear and rolling my eyes in impatience at the third ring, I'm almost beginning to think no one's there when a voice picks up.

Not making much effort to hide what I'm saying, everyone nearby probably can't help but hear my side of the conversation. "Yes, this is Melody Skye-Edgars. Hmmm? No, it's not a prank, actually. Yeah. I'm actually just starting, that's why. Yeah he's my dad. Cool, heard it's good. Anyways, the reason I'm calling is about my friend Sayeh." Slyly glancing at her out of the corner of my eyes so I can judge her reaction to all of this, I let the voice babble for a bit before resuming control of the conversation. "Yes, well, she's from Bahrain, and very much interested in, Kappa Delta? I think. Mhhmmm... Yeah. She was hassled at The Diner, may be on the news... Yeah..."

We're getting close to the end of things, so I turn back towards the table, smiling at everyone so they know things are going well. Not that they should have cause to doubt that - I'm me afterall - but always good to demonstrate it occasionally.

"I agree, that does sound like a marvelous way to make it up to her. Yes, I'll let her know. You too. Oh, no problem! Bye~." Exhaling as if that'd actually amounted to real work, I click the button on the side of my phone to put it to sleep before resting it on the table. Then I give Sayeh the final news.

"You're not only welcome to rush Kappa Delta Sayeh, they'll almost certainly say yes." I lean back, resisting the temptation to tell her they probably prefer her to use their swimming pool to their garden if she gets in. I hope our food arrives soon.

Sayeh's been granted Passage into Kappa Delta! Be sure to thank Melody.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 22, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Samantha

The smoke coming off the tea seems to draw you into the ripples until it feels like you're drowning in the scalding, flavored water.

An echo, like a droplet of water falling into the pond, catches your attention and you find yourself drawn to what looks to be a river, running from the color of the tea down to a rusty, or perhaps blood, reddish brown. It leads back to the dorm and, as far as you can tell, directly into your room, pooling under the carpet and making the tea's steam come off in cloying, brackish smoke. As you draw closer to it, the scent of what might be copper, or blood, or raw meat, is almost overwhelming.

Another stream runs parallel to it, back into the dorm, but leading further down the hall. This one is almost clear, glittering with a florescent light, mixing with what must be freshly spilled blood. It becomes a pond, or maybe a vortex, with the way it swirls over and over, clearing out the blood and then returning it. This stream leads to the room that Amanda and Lenora share.

As you turn to leave the dorm, both streams suddenly rise up as if in a tidal wave, and crash over you, knocking you off your feet and searing your flesh painfully. You open your mouth to scream...

...and the vision ends as you realize you've just spilled your tea into your lap.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Watching Melody intensely as I pause in a half bite into sour dough toast left by the waitress before our food came, I hold on to each edge of the toast and watch as she calls someone up and really has it done. I almost jump for joy, thankfully I didn't do more than to bite into the toast as I did because it held in place. Realizing what was going on, I bit into it and chewed quickly, before sputtering, "Thank you! Thank you so much!" I held the piece of toast in both hands still as she mentioned how me being harassed would be on the news. I looked left and right and got nervous again. Putting down the piece of toast. I took a big drink of water.

I wait patiently and once done, I jumped out of my seat and though much shorter than Melody gave a big hug around her! "Thank you thank you thank you!" I said as I hugged her tight not noticing that I was almost pushing her over. I suddenly realize that I am awkwardly hugging her unwillingly and almost skip back to my seat.

Running back to my seat, I try to compose myself and looked to Tori and said a silent yay to her before almost bouncing up and down in my chair in excitement.

Turning on Melody
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 4+0 = 4
It appears that Seyah's luck streak continues!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
xp 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

"Huh?" Had to not let Mammon distract me from the others and be suspicious. "Oh yeah I got some good ones." I tapped my chin. "Philo oh one and massage, I have those too. I was looking at swimming and yoga but I don't think I'd be able to do either as I preferred." Sam probably knows what I mean and I'm fine with only Sam knowing for now. Lenny doesn't need the mental image right now. I certainly don't need her having it. "Besides masseuse is a marketable skill."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator

Well, this was unexpected. Good, though! Hopefully, this will give us something more to bond over. Still, I am a little concerned over everything that is going on. While this isn't impossible to pull off, the last thing I need is a complicated situation when it comes to the sorority. Now that talk will have to be more direct. "Congratulations! Hopefully, things will go smoothly with all of the formalities involved. It will be fun to do this with someone else." I try to seem somewhat excited, but part of me is dreading this. Certainly, that sense before about Seyah's predatory nature, it should help her survive. Assuming she doesn't curl into a ball on the floor.

Then again, I have no idea what the sorority's like nowadays. Most of the stories I heard about it were from a century ago, give or take a few years. For all I know, it's me that will stand out. If I needed to breathe, now would be the time for a big one. Still, the call was enough of a distraction for brunch to actually show up. Something to definitely take the edge off. "Oh, good. All the excitement and I nearly forgot how hungry I was. Not good, the best way to stay in shape, a nice big breakfast. Lots of protein." Also, having a body that doesn't really care about calories. One of the many benefits of being undead.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Samantha's kinda spaced out staring at her tea, but honestly, that's fine with me. Hopefully, the less I say to her, the less she'll feel like telling Nadia about my, uh, condition.

So, as our food arrives, I decide to keep talking to Nadia instead. I pick at my ramen a little before asking Nadia, "So, how are you dealing with living away from home for the first time? It's... kinda scary for me. Um, you probably saw that." I flush and keep on talking, "but I think this year is going to be great!"

I think about what she said, and then quizzically add, "What do you mean, 'couldn't do them how you like?' I don't think they're really strict on form or anything. They just want us to stay moving."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"They probably have swim wear regulations." I try to deflect that one quickly as a klaxon goes off in my head. Honestly i don't know why I care so much, I mean like I shouldn't have anything to be embarrassed about. I just... Man whatever.

"I think I'm dealing okay." I quickly added. "It's super cramped but Sam hasn't given me any gruff. It's all I really hope for, a roomie that let me chill as I like to. Hell, who was that girl that tried to sneak in a boy? Was she expecting her roommate to watch? She'd get farther dating rosie palms. I'm lucky I don't care too much about privacy. Since gently caress me if there isn't even space to walk around in our room. What about your roomie? She seems like a handful." Two handful. I mean, uh

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 24, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

So Sayeh's a hugger. That's... unexpected? I must admit, I've only been to Bahrain once, and I was very young. It was for a photo-op with my parents if I remember right, they had me shipped over for it. Can't recall any hugging then, but perhaps it's a custom? Regardless, she's a bit less soft than I'd expected. Hugs slightly too tightly as well, it almost felt constricting.

With our food finally here, I start into my crepes. Not the best I've ever had - not even close - but still, for here? Rather good. I'm pleased to see Amanda and Kat were wise enough to copy me, since of us I am the one with good taste after all.

Tori mentions how unwise her order is vis a vis staying in shape, and my eye twitches slightly for just a second. As if she has any difficulty whatsoever staying in shape, look at her! I'm genetically perfect and she's still skinnier than me! Still, curves are good and healthy. Heroin-chic is out (not that Tori is that unhealthy looking) and while I'm satisfied with how I look compared to the rest of the group, she's certainly a close second to me.

"Tori, it'd take weeks of eating like that, based on how you look." I grin at her, totally pleased that one of my friends is so obviously attractive. She'll look good in pictures with me. "I mean, I stay in shape, but compared to you... Well, just look." Standing up from the table for a second, I hover my hands over and down my very pleasing figure to demonstrate.

"There's just a bit too much in some places, I'm disproportionate." Having made my point I sit back down, winking at her pleasantly.

Turn On Tori: 2d6+2 13
Tori gains Yours Truly.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 24, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Thank you." I murmured to the waitress as she handed me my order. The food actually looked delicious and the coffee smelled like exactly what I needed this early in the morning. I took a quick bite and found out the aroma and taste of this was making me hungry again. Maybe just maybe everyone else had been too drunk to notice what I did the other night or at least were too polite to mention it. Right now though I'd take what I can get. Still like Tori and Melody had anything to worry about neither of them had an ounce of fat between them. Not like me I'd be feeling every pound of this fantastic food before too long. "Neither of you have anything to worry about." I added pleasantly before mock frowning at the plate in front of "now me on the other hand I'll be paying for every bite of this dessert." gesturing to my curves.

Turning on Melody
[08:08] Ferrosol !r 2d6+4
[08:08] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+4 = 8

I went on cheerily "still I hear the campus has a great gym and for the wellness requirement well I figured Yoga would be fun. I've never done it before. But I'm eager to try it.What did the rest of you pick anyway?" I know perfectly well what Melody picked because I saw her sign up just before me but I'm genuinely curious what the others went with.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I'm actually at something of a loss for words after Amanda assures us that she's the one with curves to worry about. She's, uh... quite right. Amanda is very well put together. I'm glad I invited her... though this is putting me at something of a quandary. Since she seems to be rather poor she deserves some of my generosity, but I can't decide. On one hand, some new outfits for her - no frumpy pajamas for Amanda anymore - that'd really suit her figure, make her look stunning, is definitely an idea that both of us would appreciate. On the other hand, a bunch of nice groceries for her is probably more practical than fancy dresses and Victoria's Secret splurges...

There's social programs for food, right? I think that's what food stamps are - they send you stamps with pictures of food, and you take it them in and then the store gives real ones to you? That sounds right. Obama's president after all, I'm sure Amanda could get government food. So, outfits for Amanda it is then...

Actually a bit too distracted by thoughts of Amanda in some decidedly unfrumpy sleepwear, I almost miss her question about the Wellness Requirement. She mentioned she's in Yoga, which is fortunate, since I am too! Kat's in with me also, but it'd be nice to have another friend in there. "Kat and I are in Yoga too!" I inform Amanda, perhaps a bit too loudly. Trying to recover, I open my phone up and pull up the .pdf of my class schedule, then hand it to her.

"That's my schedule for the semester. Are you in the same yoga class as me, perchance?" Handing her the phone, I'm totally retaking control of the situation and am no longer flustered!

Melody is giving Amanda something she thinks she wants, her class schedule.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 24, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Melody glances at me rather oddly as she hands me her phone. Still I don't have time to pay it any mind as I scan her course schedule. Anxiously I look for any classes we share. Sadly it seems we don't have a single class in common. "looks like all we'll be sharing is Yoga." I say trying not to let the disappointment seep into my voice. "Oh wait no, looks like you're in the same Freshmen comp group as me at least." gotta look on the bright side. At least that's a couple of hours a week I'll have an excuse to hang around with Melody even if it is in a lame and stupid class. I hand Melody back her phone, which of course is a lot more modern and up to date than my battered old smartphone. "So judging by the class schedule you're doing some sort of English major right? " I asked Melody before turning to tuck back into my dessert. Look Melody's intriguing and all but I'm not letting good food go to waste.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Munching on a waffle, I looked back and forth between Tori and Melody and tried to appear smaller as their curves were something that I couldn't match at all. Amanda complaining made me look down and realize that I was way too thin and bony to match, instead I bit into the waffles and kept quiet. It seemed intimating and I wasn't sure how to compare, I decided that to instead watch and keep quiet, and was very relieved when the conversation moved from areas I couldn't compete to more things I could join in. Looking at my own phone I sneaked by Amanda and looked over her shoulder.

"Oh hey, I have that Orientation too!" I said trying to seem chipper and pleasant, especially after all the show, I didn't want to make this breakfast worse. I really didn't want to screw up again! Moving back to my seat, I look over at Tori eating a rare steak and give a curious glance at her. Chew normally, don't make anything weird okay, Seyah? I thought to myself and watched the others as they ate, trying to blend in. I obviously was doing all of this wrong, it had been done perfectly now, no exceptions or excuses.

Leaning over to Tori, I ask sweetly, "What major are going for Tori?" realizing that I was being rude, I looked over to Kat and Amanda, "How about you Kat and Amanda what are your majors?" I bit into the sausage and seemed to chew on it with just my front teeth before, I remembered and bit off the piece and started eating without my fangs. I had to remember that one, today was just terrible for me and I didn't know why.

Oh well, I had a new plan and I was sure that would go just swimmingly.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly

I look over towards Melody, trying to be polite over all this talk of figures but wait until the talk goes into class schedules. "Oh, I'm taking yoga as well. Hopefully to be stronger rather than just skinny. I do want something more than just being skinny. You look wonderful, Melody, don't concern yourself too much. We all look a little different." Also, it does wonders for making the whole body work right given my less-than-living status. Everything is going to plan now, where I can make friends all over. Social circles are great situations for mixing up my feeding schedules. Never eat from the same group twice. I look over the schedules, noticing some of the similarities with mine. "Well, at least I'm not alone in Calculus. That would have been awful. I'm not terrible at math, but it's so much work."

I look down at my steak for a moment, making sure to eat it at a leisurely pace. No need to devour, it's barely even real food. As people start to talk about majors, I gently look over them all. "Oh, well, I'm looking into a Business major right now. Lots of potential opportunities after school is over and it's pretty much widely accepted as a great idea for those who want to pick and choose what they want to do in life. Plus, business makes the world run as it does. What about you, Seyah?" I try not to look like I'm giving her too much attention, but given everything that's happened, I am interested in my possible-sorority sister.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Oh I must have missed that one, I am in that calculus too." I commented on Tori's discovery. I chewed on the fact she was becoming a business major and thought it over for a moment. It made sense she was driven, smart and very pretty. It shouldn't have surprised me at all, but for some reason it made her more alluring in some ways. I continued that thought, and almost jumped when she asked mine, my mouth full of a waffle piece. Taking a moment to bite it and swallow, I smiled back at her and said, "Oh, I'm doing a double major. I just kinda got pulled in two different directions."

I gave a pause, making it almost a little presentation, "I'm going for Astrophysics and Gender Studies, myself." I said calmly, wondering how the very practical Tori would take that reveal. She was being very nice to me, and I liked that, but I had a feeling that under that pleasantness she was still hunting. I wondered if she was hunting Melody or in fact just keeping an eye on her like I was.

"Not really as practical as yours, but I have to admit, I still want to do it." I gave a winning smile and pleasantly sat back in my chair as I drank some water.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hold steady.
[22:18] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:18] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6

Jesus Christ! Seyah can be really quiet when she moves . She really shouldn't do that when I'm eating. Her voice was such a surprise I ended up spraying the table with crumbs. "Pardon me." I apologized to the group.. "I'm going for a chemistry major. personally. There's a lot of demand for people with that major at the moment and if I earn another scholarship I could even do it post-grad. But I'll worry about that later on."

I replied brightly to Tori "Oh you're in the same calculus class as me? I'm pretty good at maths I might be able to help you out." . I scanned the other classes as well anxious to see what other classes I might share with my new not quite yet friends. "Oh look Kat" I said smiling at her. "Looks like we're in the same philosophy class. I'm glad I took it as an elective now." "Oh and Seyah looks like we'll be sharing a physics class."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Oh awesome! Physics! That will be fun Amanda." I said giving a little smile, "Also awesome! Another scientist at the table!" I said as I continued to eat quietly. "I heard chemistry is really booming especially organic chemistry. I hope with the commercialization of space, Astrophysics will get the same boom! With Space X being very successful, I am sure that I could hop on that train before it leaves the station myself." I said without realizing that I was talking more calmly and naturally than I had all morning, and it was something I felt passionately about!

First rule for arachno-american's always be a step head, and two steps ahead your enemies. I thought to myself as I continued to munch.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 24, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

While everyone else is talking about their schedules and majors - boring - I'm taking a second to watch Kat. Why's she being so quiet? I hope she isn't upset with me. If she just wants to sit and listen though, I'll respect that. Since Seyah seems to be favoring her roommate with lots of attention and a cat's got Kat's tongue, that leaves Amanda for me.

"Who wants to think about classes the day before they start?" I ask rhetorically, gently chiding everyone for having engaged in such a trite conversation Lets switch things to one that's more fun. Smiling perhaps a little mischievously, I look towards Amanda. She always has this sort of... starstruck expression when I'm looking into her eyes. It's how people should perceive the Gentry, so I approve of her having learned the proper expression of awe so quickly.

Towards the general group, though - this question. "Anyone trying to do the long distance thing? Leave someone behind at home?" Leaning forward, to make sure the tables near us can't possibly hear (and "incidentally" giving everyone an excellent view down the front of my dress) I give my answer first, as is fitting. "I mean, I'd rather not rehash my stuff in front of other people, but if you read anything about me it was probably made up. I've never even met the Jonas brothers, for example." That'd actually been an excellent rumour for someone to have started, though - I gained an astounding number of twitter followers. Lost most of them a week later when we supposedly broke up, but some stuck around.

Turning my head slightly so as to look straight at Amanda, I ask her, "What about you, Amanda?" Not sure she's looking at my face, though...

Turn On Amanda: 2d6+2 10
Already got a string and Amanda has Yours Truly, so no mechanical effect.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Umm that dress is awfully short and should she be leaning forward like that. Don't stare don't stare. don't stare. ok maybe just a little peek. Sorry where were we? Oh yeah, I only caught a bit of that something about the Jonas brothers being her celebrity crushes. They're so not my type. I prefer older more classier men. My favourite when I was growing up was Ryan Edgars he was so classy and mature even if he was old enough to be my dad. I must've rewatched his movies loads. It's really embarrassing in hindsight but i used to keep a poster of him over my bed not that i'd ever admit it to anyone. Still is she like trying to ask if I've got a boyfriend?

"Nah, just had the one boyfriend. But I dumped his worthless rear end before I came here." I replied. To be honest I'd thought I was over it by now but it still made me angry to think about him. I think it's the betrayal that festers more. Still brooding over it doens't help me much. Wait does Melody have a boyfriend? I mean I haven't seen her with one. So maybe I do have a chance? I mean it's worth tying to ask.

"So nothing going on at the moment, erm so what about you Melody?" I ask back trying not to blush too hard.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

"Oh, yeah. Abigail, right? Isn't she rooming with Ingrid?" I lower my voice conspiratorially, "Honestly, the way Ingrid just stares all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if she DID just watch Abigail bang some guy."

I mean, I know I watch people a lot, but Ingrid gives me the willies. I'm at least polite enough not to be seen while I'm doing it. And it's not really creepy if no one sees you, right?

When she asks about Amanda, I just shrug and wave my hand in a noncommittal gesture, saying "I guess she's ok. We haven't talked much, but we also haven't fought much either. Apparently, she'd rather hang out with the rich girls than her roomie."

Yes, I'm still bitter about that whole scene this morning, why do you ask?

I add with a grin, "She's got a bit of a wild side though. She got trashed at this party last night, and she was clutching a street sign when I, uh, woke up this morning."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I looked over at Melody and stopped chewing, this was a bad thing. I better not talk about it, but should I? It seemed to be open about things, but then it is embarrassing and I wasn't pretty like Tori or Melody. No one would want to hear about me. It was best that I didn't worry about anything and just take it smooth. I fiddled with my water and tried to appear smaller than I was, after, all I wasn't as popular as they were. "I had someone, uh back home." I said a touch of blush on my cheek as I flicked my hair out of my eyes and leaned forward a bit, smiling at Melody. "I couldn't keep her- I mean him. He really didn't want to leave."

Almost blew it, they don't know you from there! They can't possibly know what happened, "Also he wasn't very supportive of who I was, so I had to break up with him. It was really heartbreaking all around until well, until he got vicious. Whew, I also was killed for that, it was pretty terrifying really. You know how that can go." I said trying to appear idly, "The things you do for love, right?" I coughed into my hand, and wondered if that seemed natural, it felt natural, and it was close to the truth. Kinda sorta, but it helped me.

I turned my attention to Amanda and waved her off a bit, "Melody is too on the spot and knows what she wants! She is most likely just waiting for the perfect person. She is always a leader. I couldn't imagine it otherwise." I said confidently and wondered if Tori was going to add in. Predicting relationships are especially hard, and Tori seemed very aloof. Maybe she was waiting for something or someone to happen. I couldn't guess, Kat and Amanda seemed a bit more predictable, but I couldn't fathom Melody or Tori doing it.

Rolling to Turn on Melody
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 7+0 = 7+1= 8 for dear leader
Listen, I know the +1 wasn't required, but I really wanted Seyah to succeed. I am weak.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I snorted and laughed when Lenora said that about Ingrid. Christ I could see that happening. She's always there when I turn around in the bathroom it feels like. We have the same shower schedule I guess. But gently caress it's spooky I never notice her walk in. I grin when I hear about Amanda. "Oh reeeeally? She seemed uptight. Sounds like she's fun with some proper lubrication. Maybe you just need to incentivize hanging out with you?"

Actually that gives me an idea. If I hit the church with a mob under the pretense of a drunk rear end prank, then if its tied to us the dorm will close ranks. No one will give much of a poo poo if I get taken out in handcuffs. But Mel won't want her girlfriends to be such a drag on her image like that. "I might even crack out some tonight, while we still don't have school work hanging over our heads." I muse out loud. Though I probably wouldn't want Lenny involved. Morgan would blab afterwards. Hmm Casbah could probably be talked into a crusade.

I try the whatever the hell I ordered from the place. It's pretty good. I'll have to remember what the hell it is.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Ahh, of course they're interested in my love life. Half the civilized world is - there are websites and everything. Still, they're my friends, or soon will be. I can give them a couple hints. Especially since Sayeh seems to want to know so much (and had such praise for me!) Blushing a very calculated ever-so-slightly, I raise a hand to my hover over my heart, looking as if I'd never considered that anyone would ask me. "Well, you are right Sayeh - I can't say I've ever been that serious about anyone." That's mostly true.

"Luckily my parents are pretty liberal, never kept that good an eye on me either. So I've been able to have some fun." A saucy grin accompanies that, while I think back on some of them. Oscars night after-parties can get drat crazy. Plus it'd be pretty hypocritical of them. When you get together to discuss how to best handle an upcoming adulterous affair to boost both your careers, you've lost the moral high-ground on relationship advice. Doesn't stop them from being controlling about it. Of course they have someone in mind for me. Both here, and in Faerie, actually. Distressing, isn't it?

Looking to Sayeh and Amanda, I do my best to sympathize with them about their romantic pasts. "Sorry for both of you, having to deal with big emotional breakups sounds miserable." As if anyone would breakup with me? I have no idea what it's like. Nor, I suspect, does Tori. Grinning at her, it's time to peer pressure her into answering. "What about you Tori? Broken some hearts before?"

Sayeh can have a string if she hasn't already gotten one this scene.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I was going to let the conversation continue without jumping in. It's important to see just how much the others have in terms of experience with everything. Life and love, see which ones are our relative virgins. Still, none of the answers surprised me. Seyah was definitely complicated and Amanda was pretty much standard USA girl talk. Melody putting me on the spot didn't surprise me either. "Well, I'm not going to name names or anything. There were definitely a lot of broken hearts. Too many to count." And then you add those a little drained from their run-ins with me. Thinking about it makes me lick my lips for a moment. "Wasn't going to stay with anyone who wouldn't work in the long run, plus there were a lot of rich boys who were just so -boring-. Their parents having money was the closest thing they had to a personality. It would be sad if it wasn't so -pathetic-."

I smile for a moment at Seyah as she mentions a woman but she quickly corrects herself. Curious. Still, could just be her being nervous. "Plus, the number of parties I had access to thanks to my family connections made settling for someone less than great would be a waste of time. You'll find who you need." And what you need, in some of our cases. This steak might make the hunger relax, but I'll still need someone to eat soon. "Speaking of, has anyone seen any boys in town worth a second look? It's definitely been eye-opening."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Oh well, that is okay. What is done is done. I mean you can't help some people they expect you to be different than you are." It had to be severed, it was almost too much to see our threads together cut and sever. Then the back lash and the very wild days leading up to what leaving, and what my home now brings for one like me. Seyah. Stop. No more thinking about that, it isn't allowed here it is different. You can be here and it will be okay, even your parents don't know that other thing it is okay. I noticed Tori licking her lips slowly after talking about boyfriends, it was obvious what she intended, she was hunting. I wasn't sure but I had to plan, would it be worthwhile to throw my own chip at her.

"I know of one Tori and maybe you will like him- I mean I don't know him, I mean I've never been with a boy... here. I mean here. Sorry, haha." I laughed nervously, oh dear. This was bad, but I had to tell her. "I would be happy to introduce you to Jacob I think he is very cute." I added with a nod and felt a bit normal. It was true he was very cute!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Night Owl

"Argh! fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!" I jerk backwards in my seat, leaping to my feet as the hot tea soaks into my lap, nearly scalding me. Luckily I was lost in the vision longer than I thought, so it isn't actually burning me, just uncomfortably hot. I hurriedly dab as much up as I can with some napkins, stuffing a few down my pants for now to help soak up the spill, then look up at the others awkwardly. "I think I started dozing off for a minute there, really shouldn't have stayed up so late." I laugh awkwardly, then start to eat casting my mind backwards to the conversation they had been having, trying to remember what I'd heard while I was having my vision, with no luck. All I can remember is two streams, one in Lenora's room, obviously her, I suppose the cycle is supposed to represent her spirit being stuck here? The other though... It was a lot more ominous looking than Lenora's, and it's in my room. Is there some other spirit there I haven't noticed, or is it something to do with Nadia's weird aura... I'm going to have to look at that later.

Forgot to mark exp for the gaze last post

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Diner Crew

True to her word, Melody foots the bill for the excursion. Though the rest of you don't get to see what she leaves for a tip, the waitress (who wasn't the same waitress who started you guys out for some reason) gives her a grateful smile. For a moment, you all think that despite the rough beginning, maybe this outing didn't go too terribly.

But then you get outside. The hateful little couple is standing there, along with your waitress, what looks to be a church congregation, and your local Fox News affiliate's camera crew. Maybe it was a quick turnaround for Melody, maybe not suprising though, since there probably wasn't a whole hell of a lot else for the local news to cover. Probably a little surprising there was even a news station in Victoire, but there you had it. Maybe they were already here waiting for Melody and saw an opportunity to get all this on film.

Regardless of the reasoning for it, the waitress was actually the one who pointed and shouted. "There's the nudist and her friends!" "Liberal terrorist friends!" Piped up the jerk man from earlier. The crowd lists protest signs. Things quoting Bible verses, "inventive" phrases like "Not in MY Victoire!" and "Go back to Hollywood!", and even crudely drawn pictures of what was probably supposed to be Muhammed. Hard to tell.

Melody: Someone in the crowd is familiar. Not from back home. From Elsewhere. Not Hollywood. ELSEWHERE, Elsewhere. Who is it and why don't you want to see them here?

Tori: It looks like the crowd is mostly ignoring you. You're not the target of their ire, directly. And you don't have the media's attention. Do you take this moment to try and slip away or do you want to stand up for your new friends?

Maybe that all would have been bad enough, but as the local news affiliate moves in to get a "scoop" on Melody, something happens:

Amanda and Seyah: The crowd gets ugly at the two of you, as someone starts throwing, or maybe shooting, what appears to be paintballs at you. They hurt. take a harm each Do you want to get the hell out of there or are you going to stand up for yourselves?

Everybody What's your move in light of this? Stay or go? Say something or shut up?

Noodle Crew (for Nadia's hard move, below)

Nadia It seems like if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all. The hand dryer sparks as you run your sopping wet clothes over them and they somehow catch fire, maybe from the oil in the noodles? Or maybe Mammon was trolling you? He did give a mental chuckle at it happening, at least. You drop them, reflexively, and they make a wet noise as they land in a puddle of...something. At least that guttered the flame enough for you to stamp it out. But now you're staring at a charred, sloppy, stinky mess of clothes. And a laughing head demon.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 27, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I'm not sure what to think about Nadia's idea. I don't even know if I want to be around Amanda when she's like that, but if it'll get her to hang out with me when she's sober...

I don't get to think about it too long before Samantha flips out, though!

Scalding (Probably. It's not like I can feel it.) tea goes everywhere, and Samantha jumps out of her seat, attracting a few stares from the kitchen and the other patrons. I grab some napkins and try to help her sop the spilled tea on the table. I even use the napkins to pat down her arm a little. I see her shiver a little, and that's when I remember that I'm... pretty cold to the touch. I look up at her from the seat and say with a half smile, "Sorry about that. I think I'm sitting under a vent." With a concerned look, I add, "But, if you're falling asleep in the middle of the day from watching videos all night, you're not going to make it through classes! You need to get some real sleep!"

Turn on the night owl: 2d6+1 12
Lenora takes a string.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Hold steady 1

Sam just flips out like she sat a ghost or something and catches me completely off guard. Being bad with loud sudden noises is basically a requirement for youtube lping and I never really needed to resort to acting. I jump up and my knees slam into the table and pop my bowl onto me. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfucshitk. I spring out of my seat doing what I can to not scream every curse I can think of and just hiss them. Rubbing my knees I hurry to the bathroom to dry off. I'm lucky my poo poo had some time to cool or I'd have been livid. What a loving mess.

Lenny's busy helping Sam so I'll take care of myself. I just pull my soaking skirt and shirt over my head and run them under the hand dryer. These motion sensor pieces of poo poo take forever. But gently caress me if I'm wearing damp clothes. God drat worse feeling in the word. At least I only lost half my meal instead of all of it. God drat it.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Well this is a thing. I hadn't realized I was quite as big a deal to this town as I am! The signs and this many people, this quick? So much attention would actually be pleasing to me, if it wasn't so obviously frighting because it's an angry mob! Tea Partiers do not tend to be the prettiest people, by any stretch of the imagination. At first, I thought the most irritating person was the Waitress - the family I expected to be dumb, but her? I left her three hundred dollars! That's a lot for a tip for here, I think. I honestly don't know. But she isn't - no, that's My Intended, aka Donovan Calloway. His parents are... well, they're important, in both worlds. Not as famous as mine, obviously - but then again, the Calloways are winter court. Very secretive and quiet.

As for Donovan, he's rich and impossibly handsome - he is Gentry, after all. We can't help being fabulous! But he's also such a bore. Always bragging about his things and trying to impress me! It's rather tedious. And there he is, leaned off against one of the nearby shops, looking like he finds all of this just hilarious. Suddenly, this whole thing matters an awful lot. If he's here, my parents are probably involved in some way.

Hold Steady
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+1 = 9

Rather than panic - which I'll admit, was a possibility - I keep my cool, considering how best to handle this mess. Looking out over all the faces and stuff - and by stuff I mean noting where the cameras are so I can pivot myself, make sure there's no obstructions - I'm not actually sure what my play is for a few seconds. Then someone starts shooting at Sayeh! And Amanda! With paintball guns. Raising a hand, I wait for silence to fall over the crowd. They're here to yell at me, right? It's the nature of all mobs to listen to their targets at least once. It's a part of obsessing over others that's just unavoidable. Of course they do, and now the stage is set.

"I can't believe this!" I shout, going straight for moral outrage. I'm gonna milk the hell out of it. "This is how this town welcomes new students? Visitors? I thought being kind to your guests was the Victoire Way, but I guess I was wrong!" I have no idea if that's even a thing. I'm basically putting on a performance for these people, so I make a few subtle alterations to my glamour. Should hopefully look more knowledgeable, wise, kind. You know, make them look small and petty in comparison? They are, after all. I almost feel like winking at Donovan. If anyone here can appreciate what I'm up to, it's him.

Though my friends better appreciate this. They seem to need me to look after them, after all. It would be in their best interest to express some appreciation now and again.

"If you're intent on harassing students off-campus, I'm going to see to it that campus police are notified. Shooting paintballs at teenagers, are you serious? What if someone had been hit in the eye?!" I hit a high point with that last line, then take a pause. Best let the ponder the absurdity of that for a second. Do they really think that'd have good optics? It's insane.

Spreading my arms at them, like I'm leaving myself vulnerable, I shrug. "Don't you all have better things to do than harass freshman? There's no homeless or sick people in all of Victoire? Wouldn't the Christian thing to do, be to start with them? Jesus may've talked about stones specifically, but I bet he'd have extended the saying to include paintballs." There's a good laugh line. Let's close with that. I think they've had enough. How was that, Donovan?

<Rauri> now time for fierce hopefully
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+1 = 10
<Rauri> yuss
<LifeGetsWorser> super fierce

Giving the Crowd the condition Publicly Shamed

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 27, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

LifeGetsWorser posted:

[Nadia It seems like if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all. The hand dryer sparks as you run your sopping wet clothes over them and they somehow catch fire, maybe from the oil in the noodles? Or maybe Mammon was trolling you? He did give a mental chuckle at it happening, at least. You drop them, reflexively, and they make a wet noise as they land in a puddle of...something. At least that guttered the flame enough for you to stamp it out. But now you're staring at a charred, sloppy, stinky mess of clothes. And a laughing head demon.

Jesus loving Christ I actually pissed myself a bit when my poo poo burst into flame. I fell on my rear end trying to get away from the fire without burning myself. loving hell even Bam wouldn't threaten third degree burns with his pranks. I was already shaken up. gently caress me my nerves are basically shot with all that's happened today. At least nobody saw that. After I catch my breath I contact Mammon. "You're a real fucker you know that? You owe me my favorite shirt back."
"I haven't a clue what you're talking about Miss Fern. You should really read the warnings posted on machinery. Heating elements can run rather hot. I thought you owned a hair dryer? But oh my it seems you are in some dire need right now. You are lucky to have such a good friend."
"gently caress you. I'm not giving you the pleasure. I can handle this myself. I won't be trolled by anyone even a demon."
"I'll give you a roll of duct tape if you explain at length how you are not upset by this at all-"

I cut off the contact. Jesus Christ what an annoying rear end in a top hat, how does he keep any business? Okay well he got me pretty good. I probably would have done the same. I can't even remember if I screamed when the fire broke out. poo poo did the others hear me? I crane my head around to see if there's a window.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 27, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Location: Diner Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly

Oh no. Oh oh no no no no. This was bad, I should have just left it was all my fault. It is even following here and there was nothing I could do to escape it. That was the reality, it was all me, I should crawl into a deep hole. Maybe I should, this was all a huge failure. "Um, maybe I should just go I mea- OW!" I moved back as something hard hit my head and it hurt. I thought was shot, and it was blood all over me, but instead I covered in pain and a few more landed on my chest, covering me in red white and blue paint. I had trouble seeing the red paint all over my face. I had thought I was dead, I couldn't clean off my hands and I hurt. They all hurt a lot.

I tried to keep it together, but I had enough, I couldn't stand this. I was crying into paint and I was covered. I tried started to sprint toward away from them and instead was confronted with another protester that slammed the sign into me. I was already blinded, I pushed him back, and ran back around the back of the diner. The protester and his friend followed me.

Fear was starting to take over, oh no not again, not this again. I was cornered, or so I thought around back next to the barrel of biodesel hooked into the line and going into the the Diner. I tried to push past it, and they followed me, I was afraid like I had been that night.

She had been very friendly and the only one I could ever confide in there. No one else had understood my ambitions and accepted me for who I was. I had gone there to meet her again, one last time, and they both had been there with cricket sticks. Left over from the British occupied enjoyment of the sport. The first few hits hadn't been that bad, but then I started to fight back and they had hurt me, but I had hurt them far worse. They had been both bitten. They had paid for it all with their lives and it was all my fault. Again, another thing that was my fault.

Trapped between the biodesel barrel the pipe bent on me and started to pour slowly the greasy mess in my hair as I started to get angry. Suddenly, I couldn't take it again, I didn't want to be hurt anymore and I shoved the full drum of oil at them and the sparks filled the air as the heavy barrel dragged against the concrete before crashing against one of the protesters truck and breaking open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThvB690q314

The explosion was sudden and started from what seemed to be everywhere, but it knocked me back from where I had been. The truck was a burning wreck and no one seemed hurt, but they were all stunned and now was my chance. I had to go now. I started running away, covered in paint and weeping, toward the woods. The woods are were I could be safe.

rolling to hold steady
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 3+1 = 4

Rolling to run away
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 8-1 = 7
I think we all know which one i picked.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 27, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

What the hell is -wrong- with this little redneck town? I expected that this wouldn't be a quiet visit because Melody was here but I definitely didn't expect every member of the Murica squad out here so drat quickly. With the news here as well, my first instinct was to just usher those who didn't want to be here away from the scene. It wasn't my place to make a scene at a place like this, and I wasn't the target of anyone directly. I may have been a city girl, but I was a New Yorker as well. As soon as the paintballs start flying, and the sight of all that red.. No, I'm not going to just hide from this. These people are making -my friends- scared, and they're making -my state- look bad. If it wasn't the middle of the afternoon, I'd even draw my fangs out. But it was enough to at least grab one of them and...

The explosion was far enough away that I was mostly shocked as it happened. This is way too drat far, and someone was going to pay. I find one of the dumbasses with a paintball gun, shouting at the group and pointing him out. "Is this your idea of a peaceful protest? Even if you had a better point than being afraid of the 21st century, this is -not- okay! Do you hear me? -Not- okay! This is not only letting your town down, but it's letting our state down. It's letting the entire country down! Land of the free? Anyone?! This is embarrassing!"

Shutting down the crowd
[11:33.05] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[11:33.05] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 9+1 = 10
Giving the crowd Embarrassing

Sure, it wasn't as elegant as Melody's. But she had more experience being mad at people while she knew she was being recorded. I'm just -mad- right now, and I'm not going to stand by. When it was just words, that's one thing. But shooting people with paintball guns? For being different? I don't know why they think Amanda is a nudist, but we're just trying to have a peaceful breakfast. I don't -care- if I end up on TV at this point. I can be mad without being fangy, but if I ever see another one of these redneck morons alone, I'm going to make them wish that I'd just have killed them.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 2/5 Harm: 0 +1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

It was all going great till we tried to leave the restaurant. Bam instant lynch mob and that that lying harpy of a waitress. How dare she call me a nudist. Look it is was a drunken prank I don't even really remember the same goddamn thing is probably happening right now across America why did they have to make a fuss over me? and just to top it off there's a camera-crew there great. Oh boy that's the entirety of my college career decided then, I'm gonna be Amanda "hey weren't you that girl who went streaking and ended up on TV" Ross for the next 4 years. I wondered if it was too late to transfer to some other school. Then bam a massive pain in my stomach. I really did think I'd been shot. It felt like I'd been shot. But when I looked down my stomach was covered in green. I was a bit dazed and i suppose I panicked as that's the only real explanation for the wonderful, stupid, idiotic amazing thing I did next.

Hold Steady
[08:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[08:34] Jenner|Distracted WHAT A WASTE
[08:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5
[08:34] Ferrosol welp

I don't know what I was thinking of but there was Melody defending me and I clutched at her like a drowning man clutches at a piece of flotsam from a shipwreck.

Turn on Melody
[08:39] Ferrosol !r 2d6+4
[08:39] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+4 = 12
no string just for the reaction

I think she was surprised as hell. But If I didn't know better something about the sparkle in her eyes made me think she was enjoying it and she put her arm around me! I Of course what I didn't think of was what something like that would do to a crowd of reactionary dinosaurs....

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 27, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

What in the hell is going on? Why is there a fire?! Why can no one but Tori and I keep our heads? How had I not noticed Amanda is insanely attractive? I mean, uh... she's going to be excellent for this next part. Yeah, yeah that.

"Look how scared she is!" I point out, angling Amanda ever so slightly to make sure the camera can see her. Even give her a good angle! "Is that what you wanted?"

Shutdown bigots, post fire and Amanda grab
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 (using publicly shamed) = 11
<Rauri> yus

Taking string on crowd.

All the pieces are in place. Pulling Amanda back ever so slightly, I make sure the camera can see my face while I look into her eyes. I'm quite right about her being pretty. This next part should be fun - and in front of Donovan, no less. All these bigots beneath us, the fire or whatever behind us, her looking so scared and me looking so majestic and kind... This. Is. Going. To. Look. Amazing! I give Donovan a wink, then Amanda my full attention, seemingly studying her for a moment... before embracing her fully. I actually plant a kiss on her lips too, since it'll look great, sounds fun, and maybe even annoy my parents a little!

Spending a string on the Crowd to cause them to freeze up momentarily.

Ever so briefly, just a taste, really - but there. Then I lean back, smiling at her. She looks pretty stunned, which is a step up from panicked and scared I feel. Looking over her shoulder back to Donovan, I wonder what he thought about my little display.

Turn on Donovan
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
<Rauri> double yes
<Rauri> melody has the most insane luck

Donovan gains Yours Truly

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

After I double check that Samantha is ok, I say, "I think that's most of it. I'm going to check on Nadia. That broth was pretty hot, and she sounded like she really got hurt!" I hurry over to the bathroom and walk in, saying, "Nadia? Are yo-"

...She's on her butt in the middle of the bathroom, and she's not wearing any clothes.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 3
hahahahah no

I try to look away, but instead I just freeze up and stare at her with wide eyes.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 28, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well poo poo. Though actually I didn't feel anxious at all. I didn't want her thinking I was some weirdo or slut who wanted a skinny dip class. But this is an accident, I didn't want to strip. So I'll just handle it with cool and grace and it'll be totes impressive. Or weird. But I can work with that sort of weird I think. Then it hits me, inspiration. This is the first time I wouldn't need to make up something to be funny on twitter. Hell I wouldn't even need to exaggerate it. I get to my feet and pull out my iphone from my arm band and start typing with one hand.

"I was drying my clothes with that thing." I pointed at it. "And the stupid thing set them on fire. What a faulty piece of poo poo. Someone could have been hurt. People get sued over this poo poo."

'Drying beef broth from my clothes and hand dryer shorts and torches them. Doge ignites in blaze resembling my fiery rage I will bring on th' Gimmick number 2, I can't count to 140.

I pull out my credit card from my arm band with my other hand. "Did we already pay? I forgot in all the excitement."

'@Morganlaywithfae I'm wearing shoes you jabroni.' I tuck the iphone back into the armband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

I just gawk until she's done talking, then my brain slowly cranks to life. I jerk my head into a nod as I say, "What? Pay? Y-yeah, we paid already."

I'm stammering like an idiot. Oh man, this is bad. And she's staying so cool, but that's just how she is, I guess. But... I don't know what to do!

No, this is just crazy. She's naked! I can't stay in here! It's wrong! I... I gotta get out of here! I back out, still staring at her. Once I exit, I make a break for the door.

Turn OnRun Away: 2d6 3
Clicked the wrong thing like I told you in IRC. It's actually a botched run away instead.

• Locked thread