Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly. Drained.

Yeah that seemed reasonable I was quite happy to give them the address of our dorm. I mean it's not like we did anything wrong was it so the police should leave us alone, right? Melody was ranting and raving at the camera crew. Wait she is famous? or at least her family is? poo poo. That probably explains the vague feeling I had that I knew her from somewhere. Probably one of mom's gossip magazines. I can't believe it's taken me this long to notice. I feel like such an idiot. I can be so oblivious at times. Hell that's how my ex must've been sneaking around behind my back. But this clearly wasn't the time or place to discuss it with Melody.
Still I should probably see if I could calm her down before she turned this into a bigger scene than it already was.

I put my hand her arm trying to get her to calm down trying to ignore the tinge of electricity that seemed to creep up my arm at the touch and whispered to her. "Melody calm down, you're not doing any good making a scene like this." I should know since I'm pretty much the expert about causing a scene when I'm drunk who would have thought that would pay off for once. Although as far as I know none of the scenes I created attracted the attention of the press. But I guess if Melody was famous she knew better than me that going off like that against the press was a bad idea.

Turn on
[16:08] Ferrosol !r 2d6+4
[16:08] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+4 = 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly

"You have had pizza from around here, right? The good stuff? Not just some chain place? If not, I definitely know what we're having tonight." I smile, something more genuine than I'm used to. Sure, I don't exactly get fed from normal food, but they must put something in the pizza, because it still makes me feel better when I have a slice or two. Maybe it reminds me of the big city, or something? Not too important. I focus on not making light of her apology, because really, I was sorta the one being mean. "No, no. I should apologize. We probably just got off to a bad start and we were meeting new people. Got caught up in the moment, that's all. I could've done a better job of being friendly."

I try to move on to happier subjects. "And don't worry too much, clothes are really just an extension of you. You just want to accentuate what you have and bring focus away from what you don't want people to notice. You can't have too many clothes to fit your mood, the season and whatever you feel like. You should never feel like you have to wear a certain piece of clothing. Since we're about the same size, you should be able to borrow from me if you need to. You'll want to avoid big jewelry, though. Especially necklaces, because you're a bit light in the cleavage region."

Realtalk shutdown on Seyah
[10:39.58] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[10:39.59] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 8+2 = 10
Gaining a string on Seyah since she has none on me. Also, gain XP, take Wing(wo)man.

Okay, that was maybe a little too direct. Tone it down, Seyah's had a terrible day. "I mean, none of us are perfect and we are going to have to work with what we have. I'm sorry if that sounds a little too mean, but there's certain clothes I can't wear either because of my body shape. I mean, there are some things we can work on, of course, but there's others we can't help. How many pairs of heels do you own?" Let's try not to dwell too much on this, maybe she'll take it how I meant in my head rather than how I actually said it. This being nice to people who don't share much in common is harder than it looks.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 1, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Melody, Amanda, Kat

"Oh bravo sweetheart, real good stuff, grade A!" The cameraman taunts. "I'm sure America will love to see that!" Thankfully, it's about that point that the policemen step between the camera and Melody, at last concerned about doing their jobs when they are being directly filmed. The cameraman goes back to filming the fire, with a satisfied smirk on his face - you could be sure that would be coming up on the television, probably over anything else you all did today.

Melody gets two conditions: 'Low-Brow' and 'Celebrity Trainwreck', from her shutdown

About that time, you hear a crackle of the police's radio 'disturbance at Eden's Noodles. Please respond.' A couple of the cops veer off to deal with whatever the new crisis was, a few of them mumbling about "drat college kids make a mess every year..." Wonder what that was all about? Or are you all about ready to blow this Popsicle stand?

Samantha

"Wait a second, what the hell do you think you're doing!?" It was just a little Buddha icon, swiped off the front counter - it may not have even been a useful sympathetic token, in retrospect. But it noisily clacks to the tile and the proprietor of the restaurant definitely notices, shoving himself between you and the door as his cook immediately goes for the phone.

"I warned you! You trying to steal from me now? Now you're going down, little girl!" He snarls and the cook starts talking animatedly on the phone, describing the events, but mostly your attempted theft. You'd have to push past the guy to get out this way now - and while he's not muscular, he is...large, and that might be a tall order. So what now?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Terrified

I hear something crash, and the two guys working the floor in Eden suddenly start yelling at Sam. Probably blaming her for some dishes or something! That's really mean!

I run over to the car and crank it to life. Still unsure how I feel about driving the car, I squash the last of my doubts when I see them bar the way for Sam. She's really in trouble!

I drive up to the entrance, and jumping the curb, I lay on the horn for a second before yelling at the guy blocking the door, "Let her go, or I'll let the cops know the REAL reason why you've got that sneaky little hole in the fence around back!"

Honestly, I don't have a clue, but from the way he whirls around to face me, I can see he's terrified of the idea. And now that he's not looking at Sam, she's got the perfect chance to run by him and into the open door.

Shut down guy with something to hide: 2d6+2 10
Take a string and spend it on the guy to make him freeze up.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: On way to dorms Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

It all made a lot of sense, so I nodded at the sage advice. "Oh yeah, I mean, not much I can do about that unless I get implants. I always thought people thought those were you know, tacty." I looked down as we walked a bit and thought about the other things Tori said, and she was being very nice compared to what I was use too. I leaned on her some more and hobbled along faster as I got excited, and thought about more things I could do, also sharing clothes. This was super awesome! Wow, Tori was like the nicest woman I've ever met, I couldn't believe it really, no one had accepted me so readily.

"I have two pairs, they weren't allowed back home. So I don't have a lot. I have a ton of sensible ones though, I know that doesn't help more sadly. " I chewed on the thought for a moment and just considered a few things, before a tentative nudge to Tori, "Hey Tori, what do you think about breast implants." I thought to myself, I had money that wasn't an issue, and even cut off, I still had some saved up. You only live once right? It made a lot of sense, but I didn't want to look like a bimbo... for no reason.

"Don't really know if I need that big a change or not. Do you think that would um, make me pretty... in your eyes." I said hopefully, and looked over to her as I said it. "I mean I want to look as uh-" clearing my throat, I continued. "-was as hot and as predatory as you. You look like what I always thought a man-eater was like. Not that I want to impress men per say." I gave a nervous smile and looked away to hide the hint of a blush on my cheeks.

Turning on Tori.
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 6+0 = 6+1 for predatory = 7 a success. Yes. A success.
TAKE THAT YOU MOTHERFUCKING DICE

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Well, it seems my roommate has more than one little secret in her. Realizing this, I don't want to push her too much. "Breasts are just a thing. I have friends from high school who got them, and I don't think it really helped anything too much. Boys, girls, no one really paid them any more or any less attention than they got before. Let's put it this way, if you can afford implants, you can probably afford enough outfits so that you can work around it. You don't go out and do things like that to impress people, you show people why they should be impressed with you." Now I sound like Elizabeth. Not that she was wrong, and I'm definitely not wrong now. Still, I don't want to tell her to get something just because she suddenly thinks that will make people happy. Girls or boys or whatever she wants. "People are into all sorts of different people. While I won't say I haven't eaten a man or two.." More like one hundred, but who's really counting. "It's all about emphasis on the parts you have that do work. You're small and thin, so heels will help show off your legs. We'll need to get you some more, but nothing we can't work out."

Now I've got a roommate who's also, if not flirting with me, hinting at the idea of being into girls. Maybe she just means in general. Still, it's a compliment that all it takes is being nice and carrying her across campus a bit. "Just, don't feel pressure to get implants. Between college putting on a bit of weight and maybe spending some time working out or whatever, you may grow right into the body you want. Breasts aren't everything." I smile, trying not to put too much thought into everything. I must be doing something right. "I don't want you to go change because you feel you have to, and implants are completely a huge, hard-to-reverse change. Try just changing the clothes first."

I really don't want to break the girl's heart today, so I'll just bring her along. Make her feel a little better. "Good news for you is that you've got time and we can try all sorts of things. Ease you into things, find things that you like, dislike, things you'll have to tolerate. We'll find the sexiest you we can find." And hopefully, find you a girl or a boy or whatever that makes you happy. Not that I couldn't for someone pretty like Seyah, but roommate awkwardness if things go south. And help me if she's not cool with the drinking of blood thing.

Take the string.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 2, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: On way to dorms Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

This was great news and the more Tori talked, I beamed in approval. "Thanks for telling me that. I really appreciate the girl talk. I have never had someone who really just kinda accepted me as I am." This was perfect and all according to plan I knew it. Though I really like the idea of modernizing or adapting my clothes to the united states in general. I kinda am really excited. "Also-" I leaned in closer meaningfully and whispering daintily in her ear. "I totally want..."

I paused as I had to cringe as my hurt foot hit the ground. The moment I was close to Tori and not thinking of it. We were friends I could feel it and maybe something else, but that remained to be seen. I figured she was interesting at the very least, but right now? She was the best person in my life total.

"... Purple hair." I finished with a devilish smile. "I always wanted to dye my hair, don't know though tips or highlights? I kinda am giddy at the thought." A genuine smile crossed my lips as we kept walking toward the dorm.

"So you know the best pizza place in town then?" I said as I saw the dorm come into sight and what might be the best evening of my life was going to come.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 3, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Purple hair? Let's wait until you've got two working feet. Unless you think someone at the dorms have some hair dye or something that's the right color." Seyah seems a little.. repressed, among other things. Still, I can do my best to see her grow up in a place where being the bashful type isn't the only way to be. "With your shorter hair, tips or highlights both would look fantastic. Let's focus on getting you sitting down for a little while, though. You've got all sorts of energy now, but you're still probably not ready for walking on your own. Especially in heels. We've got all sorts of time, though. Plus, I have a car, so it shouldn't be too much trouble later. If we can, maybe make a trip up to the city sometimes. Better variety." The stereotype of rich women and shopping always makes me sad about going back home. Well, not sad necessarily, but definitely mundane. It's -boring- by yourself. However, for someone else, especially someone with as much energy as Seyah seems to have, it could be.. fun, perhaps.

"Maybe not the best, but definitely the best that will deliver to the dorms. Still much much better than those national pizza chains, and so much better than whatever you can find in the community freezer." I try not to make too much of a disgusted face, in case one of them belonged to Seyah, but it's hard not to. There are things in the world no self-respecting person should eat, and frozen pizza is on the list. Along with instant coffee. "What do you want on it? Um, I don't know if you have any.. dietary restrictions? Um, you know, allergies and stuff you shouldn't eat?" That was about the most subtle way I was going to breach the subject of religion. Not that I judged, but it's hard to have faith in any form of God when you're a monster who sucks blood to survive. As much as it'd be nice after a day like today to get the works, the last thing I want is to make her feel weird when the pizza shows up.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Night Owl, Slanderer

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

"I BUMPED IT as I was going by you rear end in a top hat!" I'm not quite able to hold myself back from shouting in my totally justified anger at his attitude/annoyance as loving up such an easy palm. Luckily, before things escalate further between the two of us, Lenora shows up -from where? no idea, no time to think about it- yelling at the man about some secret door or something? Whatever it is, he looks terrified enough to forget about me for a moment, which is all the time I need to shove past him and run out of the door.

Once we've piled into Nadia's car and Lenora hit the gas, I lean back and breathe out a long sigh of relief. "Thanks for the save there- That guy really had it out for me for some reason." Technically because of you and Nadia, but also because I tried to steal something from, which would make me look bad, so I refrain from mentioning either reason, and just give her an exhausted looking smile.

Turn on Lenora
7:53:43 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
7:53:48 PM Krysmbot godfish, 9-1 = 8

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Okay, Okay. Where I am from yeah, I couldn't color my hair. Sorry, I got a little excited a bit. We totally can do that once I heal up." I said hopefully, wanting to eek out all of the fun I could before she got distracted by someone more interesting or popular. A lot of things depended on it! I had to make sure that we had a good time. From what it sounded like, it wouldn't be hard at all, Tori was totally awesome. I wondered how much she would be awesome if she knew what I was... that would be the next barrier. If I got past that, I would have a life long bestie. I've never had one of those it would great.

"Ew. The ones in the freezer. Have you seen the label on them? They are more chemicals than food. I couldn't stand it." I shook my head as we moved along at a good pace, I was feeling better, but I shared a cringe as she talked about it. "You americans like to freeze everything and dip them in chemicals, it is so hard to get like real food to eat. I've been surviving on pita bread and some hummus on the place on the other side of town. It isn't that long of a walk." I said to Tori thinking about what this pizza was like, but Tori seemed like the type to get food that was worthwhile not really bad.

"We have a lot of time sure until we have to order but- Oh! You mean do I follow Halal? Yeah, I'm not religious. Most of my family isn't, but we have to keep up appearances, we live in a small country that is very conservative. You have to at least show lip service to the Koran or you wouldn't be able to live. I honestly have never eaten Halal food regularly... instead we tended to order our food specially, or grow/raise it." I said trying to avoid the question what that food was. That was going to be hard to explain, thankfully, I could stomach normal people food for the most part just fine.

"So I'm okay with whatever is best. I sometimes get a craving for meat though, but beyond that, that is the only thing I really have to worry about." I smiled at Tori and thought of a few other cravings that I had, and resisted the urge to drop another hint. After all I didn't know if Tori had a craving for "meat."

"I mean, after I clean up a bit and heal up a bit, I think we can do a lot of things. So-" I looked back at Tori, "What is your favorite movie? We could move my tv to the center of the room and watch it together!" I said hopefully.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
XP: 2/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader

Ok, officially fuming over here!

Stalking away from the camera crew with Amanda and Katherine in tow, it's all I can do to stop myself from running back to try to hit that rear end in a top hat. gently caress! FuckfuckFUCK! Now that dude's gonna make a shitload of money, and I'm gonna look like an rear end in a top hat, and I didn't even loving do anything!

I'm able to compose myself slightly when we get out of eyesight, starting our trek back towards the school. You'd think after such a pleasant breakfast - that'd I'd tried to pay for, and left a ridiculous tip on - and standing up against bigotry, I'd be entitled to an alright day, but nooo. I'm practically stomping on our way back, walking incredibly quickly.

"So yeah, that happens to me a loving bunch." I complain to the two girls that stuck with me. It's hard not to sound bitter. I think I can trust both of them... they're pretty definitively my closest friends here, especially after that fiasco. "I mean don't get me wrong, being a celebrity is awesome most of the time, but like... ever had a magazine dedicate pages to debating whether you're pregnant or not? With made up quotes and photoshopped pictures? Yeah, totally loving fun then." Why am I letting that get to me so much? My parents agents are gonna handle it. Still, it feels like I managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. Kinda lovely.

While we've been trekking back to campus - I am highly considering a nap - I've been tapping out messages. Gotta keep in contact with the world after all, especially after something like that!

groupmsg with Sayeh, Tori posted:

Soo... sorta feel abandoned. Where'd you go?!

txt to Nadia posted:

Sure. Details?

tweet from @MelodyMajorie posted:

And now harassed by camera crew + insulted. #Wannascream #NotJoking #SUNY

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
xp 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

I've been anxious waiting for a response. I don't really have loving anything else to do. poo poo I took like five selfies, mostly reshoots I settled on keeping two of them. The hell are these people doing that they can't answer a phone. Like Lenora and Sam are busy I guess and they can just answer me when they get back. But it's like god drat eleven in the morning what could anyone else be doing? Jesus are they still asleep?

Then my phone buzzes. Melody's in. ...Huh. Looks like I'd have to check the gossip sites to find out what happened. Something probably happened if she's interested in someone else's idea for what to do. She responded in private text which saves me the trouble of opening a private convo with her.

"Subject to change. Right now I'm thinking getting trashed with two bottles of Kraken where we won't be bothered. That is if I ever make it back to the dorm. [Attached image: Fukcme.jpg]"

gently caress it I send one of the pics to her so she knows I'm not bullshitting that my day has been ridiculous already. It's just my back from above but it gives the idea. Not trying to show off to her or anything anyway. gently caress me if I ever try to hit on Melody Skye Edgars our lord and savior.

Turn on. +1 from lowbrow with the offer to get trashed from booze 6 Should have used the other pic

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I drive towards the clearing as I listen to Sam vent about the jerks working at Eden. They never really seemed very nice before, but this is just ridiculous!

Once we reach the edge of the woods, I take out my phone about to message Nadia to come out to us. But I see she already texted me. I respond, saying, "Yeah, that sounds like fun!!!"

I add in another message, "Oh, don't worry, I got the key, the car, and Sam too! We're at the edge of the clearing :D"
"I think we're banned from Eden, though. :("
"And sorry today's been bad. :( I know this it's all my fault for, um, you know..."

Then, I just wait for Nadia to join us. I'm left sitting in a shaft of sunlight that's cut through the trees above. It plays through my hair (and ever so slightly through my skin), giving me an ethereal quality as I look over to Sam. I say, "Sorry about before. In the bathroom, I mean. I don't know what you told him, but really, it's my fault we got thrown out. I... um... sometimes I get confused. About when and where I am. It's been like that ever since, ah, I... died." I'm flushing furiously now, tinting the sunlight passing through me a faint red. I try and recover by saying, "Don't worry, though! I know lots of other good places! And they're all open late, too!"

Turn on the slandering night owl: 2d6+2 9
Taking the blame and giving her an explanation for what happened that got her kicked out of Eden.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly. Drained.

Jesus christ she talks about that sort of thing like it's normal. I almost regret trying to pull her away from that rear end in a top hat with a camera. If someone did something like that to me I'd be tempted to shove their camera's in a place where the sun doesn't shine. How does she stand it, poor Melody. No wonder she lost her temper. Still can I handle this. Can I live with that. I-I don't know. I need time to think. "uhh anyway it was nice getting to know you both" I say to Melody and Kat. "And Melody thanks, for the breakfast."

I split away from the pair of them and disappeared into my room. Thankfully Lenora is out somewhere so I've got the place to myself. I pottered around for a bit picking up my dirty clothes and hanging back up my towel and straightening up my bed. Lenora must think i'm a complete slob to leave our room looking like this. I really need to do some laundry. But I think I'll just sit down for a moment.... jus a moment...

Before I knew It I was flat out. I dunno exactly how long I slept for or exactly what I was dreaming about. The last thing I remember the fleeting fragments of a dream was another kiss from her. I suppose my decision was no decision at all. I wanted Melody more than anyone I'd ever met before. None of the guys I'd been interested in and certainly no girl had ever made me feel the way I felt when she touched me, when she'd kissed me. It was electric. I wasn't going to let her being a celebrity get between us. Hell I'd do anything be anyone just for the chance of being with her. If I needed to walk to the moon and steal the stars for her I'd do it without a second thought. But, and here's the big one. Was she interested in me? I mean a celebrity as good looking as she was could have any guy or girl she wanted like that. Plain and dumpy me didn't stand a chance with her did I?

Still it was time to stop moping and start moving. I lugged a hamper full of laundry down the stairs to the basement. Just because I was in love didn't mean I could stop living my life. I had enough other things to do I couldn't I shouldn't spend all my time obsessing over her. I loaded up the machine and poured in the washing powder and fabric softener and set the machine running. I sat down on a handy little bench and watched the colourful clothes spin and twist and turn in the machine... wait was that a white sock. Dammit! Still I couldn't stop thinking about her. How could I make Melody interested in me?

[15:59] Ferrosol gaze
[15:59] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[15:59] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11
The visions are lucid and Detailed, the visions cure you removing Drained.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nadia

You take your picture, for all the good you think it's going to do, when suddenly Mammon hisses against your consciousness "Not to interrupt, Ms. Fern, but - hell with it, hide!" You feel, rather than actively control, your body as it feels like you are shoved into underbrush. Nadia takes 1 harm. You're about to swear or maybe groan after what feels like a gutpunch and a branch ending up somewhere uncomfortable, but the passing sensation of a ghostly hand over your mouth dissuades you. "I apologize Ms. Fern but you should be silent and watch!" the Connoisseur continues as a pair of people appear from off the trail - one is a woman in dark sunglasses and a smart business suit, and the other is a tall, powerfully built man who looks like he walked out of a Horror Movie - as the slasher. He's carrying something that seems suspiciously like a body in a burlap sack - backed up by the bloody stain on the bottom of the bag as he drags it across the forest floor.

"Mr. Avery." The woman denotes with an air of sophistication in her voice.

"Hrmph." Is the man's response. "Where's the other one?"

"I'm here." Says a familiar voice, and someone else steps out of the treeline from the other direction. It's someone familiar - who? And what are you going to do - watch? Or try to get the hell out of there?

Lenora and Samantha

As you pull up to the edge of the woods and Lenora gets out her phone to shoot a text to Nadia about your whereabouts and inquire after hers', Samantha notices a couple of cars parked up against the treeline - one is a sleek black coupe, and the other, a rusted out old pickup that might have once been blue. Neither are familiar to either one of you, but you notice the back of the pickup is open and there are what appears to be bloodstains of some kind on the flatbed. Nadia doesn't respond to your text and you don't see her come out right away. What do you do?

Amanda

You watch the spin cycle continue as you ponder how best to win Melody's interest; and you think about her relationship with Kat. Obviously you couldn't room with Melody (unless Kat agrees to trade for some reason), but, Melody kept denoting things at breakfast that indicated a sort of 'Master and Servant', relationship, for want of more information. In addition, what you saw of her today showed she's used to getting her way, being in the limelight, being admired and watched. She doesn't like being annoyed though, clearly. Basically, it's fairly obvious she's looking for some sycophancy, for someone to recognize how great she is and enable that. That could be you, if you wanted it. After all, what does Kat got that you don't got?

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 3, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Movie night is a much better idea than hair-dying tonight, and.. well, I'll be honest, I'm not much of a movie person." And that wasn't even a lie, I just haven't actually watched very many movies. Most of the time, when there's a date night, it's mostly for eating. "So, you pick. I'll watch anything!" I keep Seyah moving, trying to get her sitting down safely. "But yeah, I'll order one with the Works. It's a few different kinds of meats, and a lot of veggies. It might be messy, but it's sooo good. I'm from the city, so I know lots of people who can't eat food for religious reasons. Just wanted to make sure. Picking food off is something no one should have to do." I nod matter-of-factly, stopping as I hear my cell-phone make its annoying texting noise. Oh, poo poo, Melody! I pull out my smartphone quickly, tapping away at the keyboard on the screen.

Text to Melody, Seyah posted:

Sorry! Seyah twisted her ankle when she was in the forest, and I thought we were closer to campus. Just dragged her back to SHC, we're heading back to the dorm. Things got pretty crazy and some of those paintballs broke skin! Stupid trashy redneck townies!

"Oh, jeez. That was Melody, she's.. well, she might be kinda mad. Don't worry, if she gets too pissed about it, I'll take care of it." I give a little pat to Seyah's side. "First thing you need to worry about is getting a nice chance to recover. I'm not gonna be able to help you get everywhere tomorrow. The better your ankle feels, the better you'll feel." And the less likely I'll have to worry about whether you're going to need my help doing everything. "If you need a crutch or anything, I'll get it for you. Just, you know, if I roll my ankle or something, you owe me." I smile, not being entirely serious. Hopefully, it never comes down to that. "So, movie night. Were you thinking something more romcom or thriller? Monster movies? There's all sorts of ways to get movies nowadays."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

xp 4/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions

Oh what the gently caress. When did my life become a cartoon? Isn't this a bit remote for goodfellas? Some sexy woman with k'nuckles and then here comes a third for the classic terrible trio. Except there's nothing classic about the third wheel. Jesus making GBS threads dick nipples Christ that is Ingrid. What is she- oh god drat she was sizing me up in the shower wasn't she.

Okay step one! Mute phone. Lenny's text comes in so holy poo poo bullet dodged. I text her back that nature called so she doesn't look for me.

Step two. Save location on gps.

Step three. Snap a pic.

And now if some cops ever think I'm too underdressed for their tastes I can distract them with actual police work! Mammon chuckles and compliments my opportunism. I hope he doesn't think I am going to try to blackmail these goons that sounds like a death wish. I'm not even paying attention to what they're doing I just gently caress off at this point. The drat thicket pokes the poo poo out of me. How do hippies do this poo poo? Man gently caress nature.

Run away. 7 Ingrid get's a string on Nadia

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I smiled thinking of what movies to watch, or what to see. "That does sound super tasty we will have to do that in a bit. I'll think on which movie should be first!" I said completely honest this time, however, my phone buzzed, and I looked at it with dread. Then I realized it was from Melody as well. "Yeah she texted me too. I should tell her I am sorry." I said as I started to do a one hand texting. I didn't even have more than a few contacts from the dorm itself, since no one ever called me. Guess no ever wanted to talk to me, I could hardly blame being the weird person, and of course all of the girls think I am terrible and most likely hate me.

Had to go got paint in my eye, tankful washed out. Two guys tried to beat me. I think they are hurt or something. Sorry for ruining everything. I understand if you don't want to see me again. I will be sure not to bother you again. If you want.

I looked down and finished typing and hit send, "I will be sure to help you. I kinda blew any shot of being friends with Melody, I understand if she doesn't want to see me or anything. You shouldn't get into a huge fight for me. You have helped me so much already." I said once again truthfully, and think of what I could do. "If you twist your ankle and get hit with paint balls, I will be there for you." I said with a sad smile looking back to Tori.

Shoving my phone back in my pocket, I lean on Tori and hobble with her some more. "I was thinking But I'm a cheerleader have you seen that one? It is supposed to be very funny, I couldn't watch it before, you would not believe what they don't allow in my country. It would boggle your mind."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Having secluded myself on my bed (I've got curtains I can draw up around it, and they certainly are at the moment) and changed into some extremely comfortable pajamas, I've got my phone out and am selectively responding to tweets and texts as I see fit,. My headphones are in, and Ween on. Amanda excused herself back to her room - she'd said goodbye and thanks, unlike Sayeh and Tori - and left Kat and I to our own devices, and Kat's smart enough to see that I'd rather do my own thing for a bit. And what I've decided to do is deal with this upcoming social crisis and also maybe try and feel a bit better.

txt to Sayeh, Tori posted:

Oh, that sucks. Hope you're both ok! You'll get to see what happened to me on TV.

txt to Nadia posted:

Really? Wanna drink something better? Seriously, just name something and I'll bring it for you.

Hmm... she also sent me that picture of her. Is she into me? She looks the type to be. I mean, everyone should be into me, but she's definitely interested. Needs to learn to take better pictures, though. Like... Parting the curtains quickly to see that Kat's not skulking close-by, I retreat back behind them, then strip my shirt off. Kneeling on my bed in my pajamas, I ball my discarded shirt up, then angle my camera against it - after setting the camera to take a picture in ten seconds. Turning so that I'm facing away from the camera, I adjust my hair so it's flowing down my back, angling my head in such a way that one eye is looking tantalizingly at the camera. What the hell, I thrust my butt out a little bit too. I've been professionally photographed loads of time, I'm thinking about directing a movie on campus - I know what I'm doing, in other words. Plus, I'm sexy as hell. This is how you do it, Nadia.

txt to Nadia posted:

Ty for pic, here's one in return. [camerasloveme.jpg]

<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 12+2 = 14
<Rauri> hahahaha
Nadia gains Yours Truly.

txt to Dad posted:

Can you talk later?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Night Owl, Slanderer

I glance at my phone as a few messages come in, then slip it back into my pocket. I'll just tell Nadia in person. Getting a bit trashed tonight sounds rather more fun than it would have before the clusterfuck at Eden. Instead, I turn to look out the window to wait for Nadia, but end up focusing on Lenora next to me. Despite being a ghost, she has never looked so otherworldly as she does now, sitting in the car while we wait for Nadia. It's, suitably, hauntingly beautiful, and that along with her words is what really makes me think of her as really a person, not just a spirit hanging around the dorms.

Leaning towards her, I lower my voice rather unnecessarily since no one else is around, "You're trapped, right? Um. If you want, I think I might be able to .... well this isn't the best word, but exorcise you? Only if you want me to! It's not like your going around killing people or anything, so you don't have to worry about me doing anything to you!" I glance away, having made myself slightly uncomfortable, and spot the cars and blood. "oh poo poo."

I reach out and grab Lenora's shoulder, pointing through the window to the back of the pickup. "Look at that! That's blood isn't it- what should we do?" I can think of one thing at least, and hurriedly pull out my phone to snap a quick picture of both licence plates. I try to get one of the blood, but from the car it isn't visible on the phone picture at all.

Offering what she thinks Lenora wants, a possible way out and a promise not to interfere with her otherwise

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Well, Melody might be a little pissed about everything, but I don't think she's the kind of person to get too mad about this sort of thing. It isn't like this is high school anymore, and Seyah was in really bad shape. Still, Melody'll deal with it if it comes down to it. I don't -need- Melody to be friends with me. "Oh, don't worry so much about Melody. She didn't get with any paintballs or anything, and she's probably just still in the moment. Whatever happened after we left. Don't be such a pushover, people can see that sort of thing, and they're very willing to use it for their advantage." Now I'm starting to sound like my sire again. Damnit.

"Oh, hey. Nadia texted everyone.." I pause, checking through the list of various silly texts that I've kept. "And she wants to get wasted on a Sunday night. Ew." I pause and shrug. "I mean, well, you know, everyone makes their own choices, but I've already been hungover twice this week, and I completely don't want to feel like that on my first day of classes. Make a good first impression, both with some of the other students and the teachers." And then there's the problem with drinking. I don't really get all that drunk unless I drink the blood of a drunk person. I mean, I can, but it makes me look like some kinda alcoholic weirdo when I do it. "But, well, if you want to, I wouldn't hold it against you. We could have the movie night part some other night. Have you ever drank before? You know, alcohol?"

It just occurred to me just how little I do know about Seyah. I've been spending so much time getting to know the people down the hall that I haven't spent time with my roommate. Jeez. Not that I expect too many big surprises from her, but you never know. She's got a lot of something going on in her head, and she definitely has the instincts of.. well, someone who can hunt things. I just don't get it, maybe she's got some sort of long term thing going on? Who knows.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"Your right. I'm just not very experienced like you." I say with a smile and a nudge into Tori. I had put my phone away, but it sounds like Melody wasn't very happy with us leaving. That was mostly my fault, I thought to myself wistfully as I tried to push it out of my head. There was a lot of doubt there, but then we could have fun and lots of time together. Tori seemed to really like me a lot, and I thought that was great, it was going to be amazing to be all gal paling around. After we share a few things about myself, I am sure someone as cool as Tori will be all okay with me and how I am.

"Oh she did? I saw that, but thought it was for Melody. Getting drunk on a Sunday? Seriously? She is going to hate life so much tomorrow." I said and nodded along the sage comment from Tori. I had remembered her coming hung over, and it was terrible. She had looked absolute miserable, I had peeked from behind my covers when she was clutching her head. It didn't look fun and after the day I had, I didn't know if it would be fun at all. I considered her offer but thought of the last time I had drunk alcohol. It had just been a lot of instincts that were better not coming out.

"I drank before! The legal age is 18 where I am from, we are like the only country in that area with alcohol. That is kinda kid stuff, and really the big thing you have to remember when there, is everything is okay... in private. Anything getting out can cause you a lot of trouble. I am just glad I wasn't born in Saudi Arabia. Then, I would have been most likely married off with I was 14 and I would have I guess a family and be miserable. My family is a bit more of an odd one out in a few years, but the King is fairly liberal at least in terms of how everything goes around there normally." I waved dismissively, and considered it. "I would only do that around someone I trust. Last time I did something like that... well it didn't turn out so well." I said thinking of a very specific reason, and wondering what Tori would be drunk.

There was a thought in my head that she would be totally different and maybe some of her super exterior would crack. "Really though I kinda built up this all in my head and I kinda want to do movie night with you instead. Seems like taking it easy would be a better idea. I don't know, we could go out for the night too if you wanted. I am sure my ankle would stop hurting by then." I gave a big smile and remembered that I needed to not be that wide. Wide smiles tended to intimidate, and that was bad.

"The thing that I want to do is just sit and watch movies and just get super girly and relax." I laugh and start walking forward, "-If you wanna go out though I would be totally cool with it."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I really, honestly, think about her offer. It's a bit of a surprise, but ever since she saw what I was right away, I figured that she had to know some other stuff too. Still, I'm scared. This life isn't great, but I don't know what would happen if Sam did her exorcism thing...

So, all I say in response is, "I'll... think about it. After all, it's not like I have to decide right now, right? I've got a whole year to make up my mind..."

Then she points out to the blood on the pickup truck's bed. Blood and cars never go well for me, and I feel myself fumbling for the ignition key to try and get out of here.

Hold steady: 2d6+1 8
Stay cool.

But, I get it under control. We have to wait for Nadia. She's out here, and we can't leave without her. I call her again, praying she's ok.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 4/5 Harm 1/4 Conditions Yours Truly

I started crawling out of there. As dreadful as it was to get all that dirt over me I wasn't going to do anything to make much noise. And I needed to loop around the lunatics. I kept my phone out and checked it while I made my way. Yeah I know really seems like mismatched priorities but distracting myself from what was actually happening helped me get through it without freaking out. Most of the girls weren't interested in hanging out on a Sunday. Ingrid said she was busy cleaning up a huge mess and even had an emoji, yeah cute you psychopath. I got a text back from Melody too.

Holy poo poo.

Wow uh. It's totally different when the pic is made for you, huh? That's probably even the same pose my turd fans like to make when they want to feel sexy. Probably a lot of over lap in our fans. Melody is basically the type of person I'm parodying. But none of their bullshit compared to this. But I just gotta play it cool. Good thing this is a text. Don't want her to think I'm actually trying to get into her pants, she already has the wrong idea.

"Whoa hey don't get the wrong idea! (btw there's some jammies in the way of your rear end, shouldn't half rear end these things) I was just letting you know what my situation was like. I ran afoul a fire hazard and my clothes got torched. Lenny freaked out and I ran after her and ended up in the woods. Oh Jesus I found a dead body. I think I saw a hick skulking around. Now I'm crawling out. I'm typing this to distract from pissing myself by finding the set of deliverance 2. That's my day. So how was your day???? Should I just check the news?"

Technically true. And now if I get found and killed by those guys a celebrity cause will bring them to justice. A mild solstice. Okay don't think about getting killed. I'm going to be fine. Uh... brand management will make me feel better.

I have obtained a most comprmising photo of my great arch nemisis @MelodyMajorie and I will enter serious negotiations over its fate tonigh
#shirtlessgate

Every scandal on my account is #shirtlessgate because the scandal is that @shirtlesssleeves never produces. Then the call from Lenora comes in. Jesus Christ now what. I just answer, "Keep the car running," and hang up. I think I'm far enough away from the bad guys by now. I stand up and run towards the car.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"I think I'd prefer the quiet. Plus, drunk people tend to be a little out of control. Don't want someone to fall and hurt your ankle even more. Because I'm -not- going to carry you to class." I smile at my little friendly sarcastic comment, noticing the dorm up ahead. "Alright, we're here. How's the ankle working? Better? We'll probably want to apologize to Melody in person. Just don't do the whole doormat thing, please? It's not your fault that this stuff happened, it was just a series of terrible, terrible events from a bunch of townie hicks."

I listen about the differences between where she lived and some of the neighboring areas, noticing just how terrible it could be. "Some of those things sound absolutely terrible. Marriage at 14? Awful. I think I take a lot of things for granted since I've been living in the big city, full of rich people who at least have to pretend that they're not terrible while in public." I nod solemnly with all of this, trying to be sympathetic with everything she has going on. That makes everything at the diner seem even worse with the context involved. "You came here to get away from all that, and instead you get some redneck hospitality. It's.. depressing."

I pull the side door open, trying to force it open while still holding on to Seyah. Even with the whole unnatural body thing, this is a lot more difficult than it looks when I've seen other people do it. "Damnit!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I smiled back at that comment, "Well, I hope not. I don't like limping along either. I think I can do my foot." I stepped down on my foot and it was sore but seemed to support my weight a bit better. "I'll try to apologize without falling apart. Sorry, first time I went out with someone in America went like the worst it could have ever gone." I said and started to walk a bit more, feeling a bit better, my ankle still very sensitive. Flexing my foot as I walk on it for it tenderly while still pressed against Tori, no longer needing too, but rather wanting too. I smile at Tori and say "Thanks a ton for the walk."

"Those are the lucky ones, Yemen or Iraq, will um-" Unsure how to say what I am about to say, "Hurt and cut you, down there." I nod down and look down, "Saudi Arabia doesn't do that at least. So at least they aren't mutilated." I said with my head down, "It doesn't matter where you are if the right people are angry, laws don't mean anything at all. " I said shaking my heads, and nodded with her, "When I saw both of those big men coming at me, I thought they would do something bad, or even worse to me. " I shivered and looked way too cold for just a moment while rubbing my hands together.

"What can you do, you have to make do and move on. I just thought... I was safe." I said as I thought about Tori's experience, "I kinda always wanted to disappear into the city and be able to just enjoy myself, maybe even become a terrible rich person myself." I said teasing Tori a bit.

I let go of Tori and start walking up the steps holding the door with her. Each step a slow kinda half limp, "I think I can manage a bit, I'll help." I said leaning against the door as I take weight off my sore ankle. As soon as Tori and I got past the door, I clung to her as we walked the stairs. Testing and slowly putting more and more weight on my ankle, but being very careful each time and leaning on Tori generously as we went up the side stairs to the dorm.

"I might get too use to leaning on you, you better watch out. You might just get stuck with me." I hoped she would get stuck with me, it would be great. A best friend maybe, and maybe more, but I didn't know if there was more for Tori or if what I sensed would come between us. She was hunting Melody, and I didn't mind, she seemed to genuinely like me. For right now that is all I wanted and needed.

Until I wanted more.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2 Resentment: 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

When the police officer talked about wanting to question us further, looking straight at me, well, I froze. I've never exactly been great at dealing with those kinds of situations (not that I've had to talk to the police very often), and I was thankful that Melody was there to bail me out once again. I couldn't stop thinking about how he'd been looking at me, though, rather than Melody, the one who'd been in the middle of it all, who'd clearly been in charge of everything. Not that he should have been questioning Mel further either, of course, but you know what I mean. I haven't experienced a ton of racism in my life - being Asian is generally easier than being black or Hispanic or Middle Eastern, plus I don't even have an Asian cultural background - but I almost wondered if that had been the cause of the officer's look. Then again, I'd never heard of Asians being stereotyped as criminals.

Either way, it reminded me of when I was a kid and my parents had signed me up for soccer. I'd been pretty terrible at it, mainly because most of the kids had been playing longer than me, but some of the girls on the team decided that it was because "Asians are bad at sports". I hated it, and ended up quitting before the end of the season. But my brother Patrick convinced me to give it another shot, and spent the whole summer practising with me and even taking me to a skills camp. The next year I was one of the best players on the team, and it's what I always think about when I want to motivate myself to overcome adversity. Unfortunately I'm still not very good at it unless someone else is helping me. It's also what I think about whenever I notice racism directed toward me, but I didn't really have time to find out if that was actually what was happening or if it was something else, thankfully.

I'd been quiet on the way back to the dorm. Melody was obviously not in a great mood, and I can't say that I was either. I wasn't angry or anything, just sort of sad that the whole morning had turned into such a debacle. I felt bad for Sayeh and Melody, especially.

I sat on my bed while Melody disappeared behind her curtain. I was a little disappointed that she didn't want to talk or anything, but I couldn't blame her for wanting to be alone. Eventually I noticed the group text from Nadia, which I was fairly certain was an invitation to go drinking. I've never been much of a drinker, and classes did start tomorrow, but I didn't want to miss out on a possible bonding opportunity with the other girls.

"Hey Mel, sorry to bug you," I started, speaking from my bed so as not to invade her privacy, "but do you think you're going to go out tonight or anything? I saw Nadia's text and I was just wondering."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

The car is still uncomfortably silent when Nadia bursts through the treeline. I jump in surprise and get out of the drivers seat to let her sit there. It's her car after all, and um, I kinda don't want to drive anymore, anyway. She jumps in and we speed off towards the dorm. I say, "What happened? Did you see anyone in there?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I'm in the midst of responding to Nadia's message when Kat speaks up, inquiring as to whether or not I (and therefore also she) would be attending Nadia's party. I put my phone to the side for a moment - Kat takes priority over Nadia. Speaking up so as to not be muffled by the curtains or any music she might be listening to in case she has headphones on, I let her know our plans for the evening. "That sounded like it might be fun, I was planning on going. You coming along?" While she answers in the affirmative - of course she will I'm asking her to go - I finish up my response to Nadia.

txt to Nadia posted:

Actually yes, my morning will probably be on the news later today.

txt to Nadia posted:

Your day so far sounds implausible.

It's not that I don't believe her... it's that I really loving don't believe her. Nadia always struck me as somewhat insane, so making up weird poo poo probably is something she can't help herself from doing. Still, if she's going to get everyone together to party - and therefore take all of RA's heat when someone does something stupid - I'll hang out with her some.

Social media handled for the moment, it's time to get changed again. Don't want to be wearing either pajamas or what I was in earlier when the footage of the diner mob hits the news. I'm glad Kat's talking again, she was so quiet all morning. Of everyone in the dorm, she's the one I find most interesting, most worthy of being my best friend here. Amanda's made some progress, of course.

Parting the curtains, I stand up to walk the three feet or so to our absolutely overflowing closet. I really do need a second room for my things, but it's against university policy. Haven't bothered putting my shirt back on though, since I'd just be taking it off anyways. Besides, I don't mind if Kat looks, we're roomates after all. Plus, not as if I have a single thing to be ashamed of. "Glad you're feeling better Kat." I remark, smiling while perusing a variety of possible outfits. "Any thoughts on what I should wear? I can't decide..." Turning slightly to in order to look her in the face, I smile like only celebrities can, teeth practically flashing and a wink thrown in the mix for good measure. "No deciding on as-is, of course."

<Rauri> Turn on Kat
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
Welcome to Yours Truly town, Kat

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 4/5 Harm 1/4 Conditions Yours Truly

I have to stop myself from flooring it. I don't need to be a cop's payday after all of this bullshit. We're halfway there before I think of anything except getting away and Lenny's question finally registers. "Uh. Three people. Didn't stay to get a good look." I was going to double park in front of the dorm but as luck would have it some jackass though to save their spot with a plastic trash can. Yeah this isn't your street in the city bro. I just ram that poo poo out of the way. I don't wait for the others. I'm out of there and storm into the dorm.

First order of business was a shower. Scratch that, the first aid kit to disinfect these cuts. Then a shower. I don't intend to relive this day through anything harsher than a pain in the rear end bandaid. Tiffany is screaming oh my god or some poo poo when I bust in. Like I have a knife sticking out of my back. Calm down bitch. Vicky and Casbah are there too. Everyone can just stare slack jawed, I'm not really in the mood to crack wise about failing to sneak in undressed.

I fish the first aid kit out of the cabinet. Slam it on the counter next to the sink. And start brushing the dirt away from my cuts with a damp hand towel. By then the adrenaline started to die down and my tunnel vision on taking care of myself loosened.

Turn on Seyah, a disheveled appearance should excite her predator's instinct 4

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Nadia bolts into the building before I get the chance to offer to go get clothes for her. I look at Sam in shock and say, "Does... does she realize she's still not wearing anything?" As I slink in after Nadia, I hear people muttering about the recent scene. I slip past them (easy enough for me after all) and am about to go back to my room to calm down a little before the party tonight when I spot Amanda staring at the washing machine. I'm still annoyed with her, so I walk up behind her and whisper in her ear.

"Boo!"

You know, I've been a ghost for five years now, and I've never actually scared someone like that before. Seems kinda mandatory in hindsight.

"Guess you had a good time with the rich girls, huh?" I sigh and plop down on the bench next to her. I want to be mad at her for ditching us to go with them, but I'm just too tired right now. I can see she's pretty tired. Probably too much caviar or whatever they had.

Still, I do kinda like Amanda. She's really down to Earth most of the time. She's just starstruck right now. So I sit down next to her, lean my head on her shoulder, and say, "Anyway, how's life going, roomie?"

Turn on amanda, who has poor taste: 2d6+1 6

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 7, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"That sounds really terrible. Like, I couldn't imagine living in all of that fear, all that bad stuff going on around me. You've had a hard, hard life and you deserve better than what you've got today. Much, much better." Just getting through, it makes a lot of things make sense now. She couldn't learn how to hunt in the same way I could. She had to pretend to be afraid so she could survive every day. She does need help, help that only really I could give her. It's not like anyone else can teach the predatory stuff, the rest of the hall are totally not ready for that sort of thing. Plus, even if it's not that stuff, I'm gonna need help in math and she's into the whole astrophysics stuff.

"It could be worse than being stuck with you around. We could be stuck with those rednecks. Or stuck in some of those terrible places.." I continue up the stairs until I see Nadia running around without much in terms of clothing or anything. "Or one of us could be living with her." Not that it wasn't nice to look at butt tattoos, but it certainly wasn't something I wanted to look at in the middle of the hallway. "Are you kidding me? Nadia! What's wrong with you? This is the -hallway-, show some class and at least get a towel on!"

Shutting Down Nadia
[09:00.12] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[09:00.13] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 6+1 = 7
Swapping conditions, giving Nadia the condition Classless

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Going up the stairs Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

I nodded and followed along with Tori. "You have to learn to live be in secret and try to find those that share-" I did a fake cough, "-or accept who you are. That is very rare, but it does exist. You have to just survive and move on." I said as we climbed the stairs to our room. "Thanks for being so kind." I smiled at Tori and felt that this was going to be great. I felt like I could really open to Tori and that we could friends for our lives, well maybe her life. That was a whole other issue, that would take delicate stepping stones to make. It was like stones across a rippling pond, one slip and it could all fall down.

"Nadia, don't run around like that or-"Glancing up at Nadia, I feel something come over me, and make a swipe at her naked butt! I felt my hand connect and what was supposed innocent playful thing echoed across the stair well as my hand connected. As I didn't realize I was going to connect at all, instead I put more force than I intended into the slap and as I pulled my hand back and shook it.

"Oh, I am so sorry about that! I meant to miss." I said as I saw the bruise start to form on Nadia's bare butt. My hands raised to my face and I looked at Tori for guidance.

Lashing out at Nadia
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 9-1 = 8
Deal one harm, they gain 1 String on you

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 4/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions Yours Truly, Classless

"Ow! What the gently caress?!" I turn around and glare at Casbah. "Can't you see I've had enough bullshit today?" I'm wrapping a bandage over the cut on my arm as I say that which should demonstrate. It's too wide for a bandaid even if it isn't serious. "First I get my clothes lit on loving fire and then marooned in the woods and I had to hide from some creepy hick. And this is what I loving come back to."

"I'm soooo sorry I've hurt your virgin eyes Vicky. Everyone please mind your ps and qs for Sister Victoria! Why don't you gently caress off out if you don't like what you see." I push her hard. right down the steps. Oops. Well gently caress her anyway. "Ah poo poo. You didn't break anything did you? gently caress."

I grimace at Casbah and notice her bruise. "Well poo poo looks like we're all having a great day. What happened to you?"

Lash out at Tori 11 Tori takes one harm, loses a string, and gives a string. Also giving her the Whineycondition

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 7, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

XP: 0/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator, Yours Truly, Whiney

At least I wasn't holding onto Seyah as Nadia -rudely- shoved me back into the stairs. Luckily, I went sideways down a few stairs, stopping myself before getting anything that would look like I should have died. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, and Nadia's sudden complaining about her day of terrible things isn't making it any better. Did I hit my head or does Nadia just make my head hurt normally? Probably a little of both, to be honest. "I'm sorry, we got shouted at by racist townies and assaulted by some jackasses who think paintballs are a good way of making a political statement. Then I found her in the woods, she rolled her ankle, and I've been dragging her back here so she could rest!"

I try not to raise my voice any more than that, just wanting to settle down for what has to be like five minutes. "We've..obviously had some lovely days. Can I just get to my roommate to her room? She didn't mean anything by it, and I thought you were just.. messing around or showing off or something. Look, it's just a misunderstanding, alright?" Unless I'm bleeding, then I'm going to make Nadia wish she was never born. I check the back of my head for any signs of a gash, not really wanting to end up heading back to the student health center. Of course, anything less, anything just bumps and bruises, I could spend some quiet time -sharing- with Seyah. Assuming she won't just panic and run away or something like that.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 7, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Going up the stairs Conditions: Predator, Yours Truly, Monitored

"Tori!" I said as I try to catch her and miss as she lands on the stairs. I looked horrified as she fell down the stairs with a thick thud. I was so scared, and started to lower myself down the stairs, as I braced on the guard rail and slowly limped down to her and checked her over. "Are you okay?" I asked innocently as I leaned down, supporting myself with the guardrail and bracing myself, offering a hand to Tori. I looked back at Nadia and her tempest that had blown through as we had been so close. We had been so close to being friends, and now Nadia was ruining everything.

"Someone hit me in the head with a paint ball gun when they picketed the Diner." I said absentmindedly. My concern and focus was on my best friend Tori, she might not know everything about me, but at least it was someone. "I'm real sorry, Nadia, I thought you were showing off, or trying to tease us all. Like you had a good time and wanted to flaunt it. I really didn't mean to hurt you." I stood there bracing myself trying to get Tori to her feet. My eyes narrowed at Nadia for a moment and there was a cold as ice stare at her before, I looked at Tori. It was obvious I was angry.

"Everyone had a bad day it seems. Lets just shake it off and go to our rooms and forget about it. Tori just thought you were streaking and didn't realize you had a bad day too, like she said it was a misunderstanding between all of us." I added as Tori rose to my defense, making me feel proud she would think of me that way. I felt that Nadia was playing her hand a bit too strong for what was right.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1x
XP: 3/5 Harm: 1/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

Hmm Melody does like to be in charge. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that. I mean someone has to take the lead. Kat though puzzles me she's obviously quite rich herself from the way she dresses so why does she just let Melody walk all over her like that. Not that I'd object to Melody ordering me around myself. But that's different. Still maybe if I get to know Kat better I can figure out what her deal is. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even hear Lenora come in till she snuck up behind me.

[09:15] Ferrosol holding steady vs the spooky ghost
[09:15] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[09:15] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9-1 = 8
you keep your cool.

Ugh very funny Lenora. And now she's pressing uncomfortably close to me. Does that girl just have no sense of personal space? Did I have a good time, I suppose I did. I ate great food and well Melody kissed me! I could've done without the paintball though and being interviewed by a cop. Oh and now apparently half the college knows I like to streak when drunk. Still how do I sum all that up for her. "Well it was pretty good I guess, until we ran into a bunch of tea party types who took exception to Seyah and me. I wouldn't have minded so much but they decided to show how unhappy they are with paintballs. My shirt is ruined and I'm going to have one hell of a nasty bruise on my stomach." I explained. ]"Look it's already starting to form." I added hiking up my T-shirt to show her the damage.

[09:40] Ferrosol turning on the ghost
[09:41] Ferrosol ! r2d6+2
[09:41] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[09:41] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9

"Still how was your morning?" I asked. Truth be told I felt a bit guilty at abandoning her but I just couldn't have said no to spending some time with Melody. I mean it would be nice to say I got on with my room mate after all.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Melody and Kat

As Melody flirts openly and shows off to Kat, her phone starts buzzing incessantly. This was a phone call, not a text. If Melody looks, it's her father's agent. If Melody deigns to answer, she's immediately met by the agent's panicky voice.

"What...what did you do?! Do you have any idea what they're running with?! They already did a slash editing job, they tell me they're going to have locals interviewed for the evening news! They're going to crucify you Melody!"

Melody

Man, these local news teams work fast - though your outburst at them probably encouraged them. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? Or even of what to say to the agent?

Kat

You can hear the shouting from across the room, though you can't make out the specifics. Do you think you could use a wish to fix this if Melody asked for it? Have you ever manipulated someone into making a wish before?

Nadia, Seyah, Tori

The other students in the lounge all give displeased looks to Nadia's state of undress, and murmur agreements with Tori's dressing down of the nude Infernal. Before anyone else can really speak up though, you all hear a "What in the actual gently caress is happening in here!?"

Becks, the RA stands in the doorway with a scowl on her face. "You mind explaining to me why Nadia is naked and pushing people around?!"

Nadia

Mammon chuckles in your mind. "Ah, the petty tyrant makes an appearance. Say the word and we'll teach her a lesson." He sounds amused by the turn of events, but you feel trapped and exposed - probably because everyone's judging you and rating their problems ahead of yours. How does that make you feel? What does it make you really want to say or do?

Nadia gains the Condition Judged from her failed turn on

Seyah

You didn't mean to slap Nadia's rear end with that much force but asserting yourself must have felt good after everything that happened to you today, right? Do you think this is something you could keep doing? And do you say anything in Nadia's defense or to condemn her?

Tori

Luckily Seyah's push didn't do any damage, but still, ew. Still, Seyah grabbing Nadia's butt, even if it turned out to be a bit too violent for Nadia's liking, made you feel something you're kind of surprised about : jealousy. Why do you think that is? What do you think it means?

Amanda and Lenora

Neither of you really seem to need a prompt. Let me know if you want one though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

xp 4/5 Harm 2/4 Conditions Yours Truly, Classless, judged

gently caress. I just deflate with everything turning against me. I didn't want to catapult to the top of the queen bitch runnings first week. And if everyone forms a problem with my butt it's going to be a pain in my rear end. I take a deep breath and turn to Beck. "My clothes got destroyed and I wanted to deal with this first." I hold up my bandaged arm. "Figured it wasn't a problem. We all share a bathroom, it's not anything people haven't seen."

I turn to Tori and Seyah. "Look, I'm sorry Vicky I lost my cool. I'm hoping to put this day behind me too but you already know I guess, didn't get an answer from you guys. Hell, might even want to return the favor to the locals." I lock eyes with Seyah when I say that, she probably doesn't even need alcohol to go along with it if her day was as bad as it sounds.

Spending string to offer xp to Seyah if she gets back at the town with Nadia

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

When Amanda lifts up her shirt, I hiss in shared pain. Without thinking, I gently place my hand on the bruise. I can feel the heat radiating off the bruise, contrasting the chill from my hand. Feeling the warmth like that is... really nice
Take a string on Lenora.

I jerk back when I realize what I'm doing, saying, "Oh, that... probably hurts. I wasn't thinking." I change the subject back to meals, saying, "Oh, that sucks. Our lunch was nice too. At least until we spilled some stuff and Nadia went to... Ah..." I think about if I should tell her, but Nadia did just run through the hall naked. At least this way the reason will be out there. I continue, "Nadia went to dry her clothes off, but some freak electrical accident with the hand drier in the bathroom torched them." I sigh and say, "I don't think we're welcome there anymore..."

Turn on: 2d6 10 9
Got my characters confused and thought I had Dissaffected, so string, self, or promise!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 7, 2015

• Locked thread