Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

JebanyPedal posted:

If you see me in public I'll probably be doing some combination of finger up the pooper, scraping out my nose, or picking my gums until they bleed.

hot

a/s/l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Paineopticon posted:

Okay so just pick out the last three times this happened to you (outside of this thread) and describe the details of the situation and we'll talk about them.

Hard mode: things that happened in real life only, no internet forums or facebook comments

Someone called me an Ess Jay Double-you Cuckfag to my face once

e: then I did my karate kata and they ran away

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rich white faglord posted:

I dont think we are "losing some sort of right" I just call bullshit when i see it, and I think in todays day and age it is completely taboo to say anything negative about anyone unless that person is a white male, then it is game on. I do not call that equality or justice. If youre going to claim you are for equality stop using that bullshit so you can prove what a great "ally" you are and fit in with youre little sjw friends

If you're saying something negative that is a legitimate thing and not just 'lol look at those thug rioting' then no I don't think that's racist or whatever. If people do bad things they should get called out on it.

It just seems like most people use that as an excuse to just say the most racist poo poo ever and then get surprised and call foul and complain about free speech when reasonable people call them on it. I agree that SJW types take it too far by insisting some people can literally do no wrong and all responsibility is on the shoulders of others but to automatically think anyone that disagrees with your point of view falls into that category is a little childish.

But when you say poo poo like 'all Muslims are terrorists and we should just wipe them out' (not saying you said that just as an example) then that's racist and it's not over the top political correctness to say so.

It's also disingenuous to pretend like ISIS arose just out of nowhere from the void and it's just because they're Muslim when the USA is the one that hosed the region so bad it is now going to be in a decades long civil war just like China was during the warlords period. Or that S. America is hosed for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the US' drug policies (to speak nothing of Operation Condor).

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 14, 2015

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

rich white faglord posted:

I dont think we are "losing some sort of right" I just call bullshit when i see it, and I think in todays day and age it is completely taboo to say anything negative about anyone unless that person is a white male, then it is game on. I do not call that equality or justice. If youre going to claim you are for equality stop using that bullshit so you can prove what a great "ally" you are and fit in with youre little sjw friends

mras are corrosive assholes
trans-exculsionary radical feminists are corrosive assholes
acid-throwing muslim fundamentalists are (literally and figuratively) corrosive assholes
noted rapist and black man bill cosby is a corrosive rear end in a top hat
ann coulter is a corrosive rear end in a top hat

i got plenty of criticism to go around, i'm really really not worried about saying things about lovely people regardless of their race, sex, gender identity, religious background, whatever. it's not just white dudes, that's just all you hear because you're fixated

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
corrosive rear end in a top hat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Flesh Forge posted:

can u spot the sexgun resputin rereg itt

He's playing this poo poo all over SA now. Anti everything or whatever. He's a re reg, just not identified. Pretty boring and annoying.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

corrosive rear end in a top hat

my rear end in a top hat after some vindaloo is a corrosive rear end in a top hat

i don't discriminate

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

himajinga posted:

mras are corrosive assholes
trans-exculsionary radical feminists are corrosive assholes
acid-throwing muslim fundamentalists are (literally and figuratively) corrosive assholes
noted rapist and black man bill cosby is a corrosive rear end in a top hat
ann coulter is a corrosive rear end in a top hat

i got plenty of criticism to go around, i'm really really not worried about saying things about lovely people regardless of their race, sex, gender identity, religious background, whatever. it's not just white dudes, that's just all you hear because you're fixated

do the aliens from the alien movies poop corrosive poo poo from their assholes? im asking for a friend

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i was at peets coffee today and there were 4 women ahead of me and each took 5 minutes or more with their transactions while i took maybe 30 seconds. i'm thinking there might be something to this mra thing, brb ordering fedora

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp

the great deceiver posted:

i was at peets coffee today and there were 4 women ahead of me and each took 5 minutes or more with their transactions while i took maybe 30 seconds. i'm thinking there might be something to this mra thing, brb ordering fedora

here you go

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i only buy my fedoras from the chik filets hannity selection

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wow this thread is really good

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
  • 93% of workplace accidents involve men
  • 85% of all consumer purchases are made by women
  • 80% of elementary and middle school teachers are women, preventing boys from having male role models
  • 83% of mothers receive custody in divorce
  • 80% of mothers with custody receive child support, while 30% of fathers with custody receive the same
  • Women are shielded from rejection due to social norms expecting men to make advances
  • Men have little variety in dress and grooming, women are allowed to dress as they please
  • Men are expected to help female strangers with physical tasks

Either women are the intellectual equals of men and deserve all the responsibilities and rewards of such, or they are not and require special treatment. The current system provides special treatment in cases where the status quo of sexism was beneficial to women.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Moridin920 posted:

That's not what I'm saying at all and in fact I've asked you a few times why you take poo poo like that so personally. We all know you personally didn't create the current global geopolitical climate. Anyone who thinks you deserve bad things just because you're white is dumb.

What's also dumb is you insisting you are losing some sort of rights or that you are being oppressed because I want women and minorities to be on an equal footing, as if there's a limited quantity of rights to give out and when others gain you lose.

Well I mean, when it comes to rights to equal resources the earths resources are finite. As a proud member of the privileged of society I say bring on the Chinese sweat shops so that I can continue to live my comfortable existence on the backs of broken dreams and bodies.

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good troll op

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Giblet Plus! posted:

• 80% of elementary and middle school teachers are women, preventing boys from having male role models
  • 80% of mothers with custody receive child support, while 30% of fathers with custody receive the same
  • Women are shielded from rejection due to social norms expecting men to make advances
  • Men have little variety in dress and grooming, women are allowed to dress as they please

Either women are the intellectual equals of men and deserve all the responsibilities and rewards of such, or they are not and require special treatment. The current system provides special treatment in cases where the status quo of sexism was beneficial to women.

number two is pretty funny but seven is clearly the winner

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Paineopticon posted:

i agree with the sentiment but when white dudes like me smoke a blunt and calm down, i get left alone. when a black dude smokes a blunt and calms down, he gets murdered by the police

obv not in every case but if you still believe that blacks and whites are treated the same in this country, not just by government but by their human peers, idk what to say to you. read more?

yeah it's true. it really sucks, man. poo poo is hosed up here.

yeah, women don't have it as good as men generally, but an attractive white woman has it way better than a black man. I can't get behind either side of these gender wars the internet loves to have as of late. we all know that MRAs and gamergate people are complete loving turds, but tumblr users and jezebel writers aren't much better. y'all better learn to just love each other, because we literally can't survive as a species without the opposite sex.

I spent a lot of time being angry about how unfair things were, but eventually I think something just burnt out in my brain and I have a hard time getting angry about stuff these days.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Giblet Plus! posted:

ahhh yes. the incredibly influential middle and elementary school teacher class. if only us men could get access to such power...

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

babypolis posted:

ahhh yes. the incredibly influential middle and elementary school teacher class. if only us men could get access to such power...

i sure do wish i dropped out of my major to make beans

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Giblet Plus! posted:

all of this is p funny but on the serious tip the thing about child support is based on an income equation so presumably the women make less thus are more likely to receive support so I guess you're undoing your own point by highlighting the income gap so gj dude keep on keepin on and as far as women receiving custody more often that is because men seldom seek custody, in cases where men seek custody they actually receive it 70% of the time

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

babypolis posted:

Those are the years when kids get used to the idea of having authority in their lives which isn't their parents. There is significance to that authority being nearly all female. Women exercise power differently than men.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Giblet Plus! posted:

Those are the years when kids get used to the idea of having authority in their lives which isn't their parents. There is significance to that authority being nearly all female. Women exercise power differently than men.

who gives a poo poo. im sure if men wanted those positions they could take them. theres a reason that field is 80% women and its not because its massive power and influence

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Giblet Plus! posted:

first of all, cite your sources? I know for a fact a couple of those are wrong, and the last 2 are just your own hang ups imo.

Second of all you'll find that most reasonable feminists (because like any other group of people it ranges from reasonable to fanatical!) agree with your point of 'the current system provides special treatment in certain cases which is beneficial towards women or somehow negative towards men.' A lot of feminist literature isn't an attack on men, but rather an examination of all these random inequalities in our society between genders.

Just because some crazy people on Tumblr say otherwise means nothing.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 14, 2015

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD
has the honeypot moderation started yet or am I too early?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Giblet Plus! posted:

Women exercise power differently than men.

It's true, the dumbasses using the cardio machines at the gym are typically women.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Gammatron 64 posted:

we all know that MRAs and gamergate people are complete loving turds, but tumblr users and jezebel writers aren't much better. y'all better learn to just love each other, because we literally can't survive as a species without the opposite sex.

The difference is that when discussions like this get complicated or uncomfortable, the people in privileged situations (white men, usually) can do what you do and just stop thinking about it and write it off as people needing to chill. Women still get accused of being responsible for rape if they wear a skirt, black people still can't go into a store or restauraunt with 100% certainty that they won't be insulted or otherwise discriminated against because of their skin color, etc. If everyone calms down then what happens is the current social system remains in place and minorities continue to be subjected to these non-obvious discriminations

This isn't an attack against you, I am responding to you because you are actually contributing and not taking everything personally. I had similar views to yours until recently and i started thinking about how just existing in America is so profoundly different for minorities that it makes no sense for me to assume that other people's lives are going to be functionally similar to my own

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Giblet Plus! posted:

[*]Men have little variety in dress and grooming, women are allowed to dress as they please

and men will violently enforce this if you step out of line you pansy human being why don't you wear pants like a real man you nancy *gets chained to a truck and dragged until dead

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, that's a good point. Just going 'chill out bro!' is tacit support of the status quo which is the whole reason many of these people are pissed in the first place.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

himajinga posted:

all of this is p funny but on the serious tip the thing about child support is based on an income equation so presumably the women make less thus are more likely to receive support so I guess you're undoing your own point by highlighting the income gap so gj dude keep on keepin on and as far as women receiving custody more often that is because men seldom seek custody, in cases where men seek custody they actually receive it 70% of the time

Why is it than men in the US are so disinterested in children? In non-western societies, kids are not seen as a burden to be avoided.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Giblet Plus! posted:

Why is it than men in the US are so disinterested in children? In non-western societies, kids are not seen as a burden to be avoided.

They kill the girls

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Giblet Plus! posted:

Not necessarily, many patriarchal cultures worldwide share these traits.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

himajinga posted:

and men will violently enforce this if you step out of line you pansy human being why don't you wear pants like a real man you nancy *gets chained to a truck and dragged until dead

Men may enforce it, but women will gossip about it and support the "real men" who keep the others in line. Good luck dropping panties if you're dressed like "a fruit" or anything unconventional really.

The message is that men are expected to be beasts of burden. Their clothing is functional with little variation, because one man can easily be replaced by any other man.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Giblet Plus! posted:

because its the woman hoarding the children like coins in scrooge macducks money tower

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Giblet Plus! posted:

Men may enforce it, but women will gossip about it and support the "real men" who keep the others in line. Good luck dropping panties if you're dressed like "a fruit" or anything unconventional really.

Yeah but just because someone is a woman doesn't mean she represents a feminist viewpoint.

A reasonable feminist (based on actual feminist leaders and their works) would say you should be allowed to wear whatever the gently caress you want regardless of sex or gender.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Giblet Plus! posted:

i mean sure if you live in the suburbs or some rural shithole i guess, but if you live near an urban area this is patently untrue

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I just feel like there is so much anger and hate online and I've just like, become emotionally numb and unable to get angry about stuff anymore.

The status quo sucks and it's completely unfair, but at the same time... I don't feel like I have a lot of influence over that. I don't think its worth it to scream at people online about this stuff because it just doesn't help, all it does is alienate people who would be your friends.

tl;dr I'm just kind of disillusioned and dead inside and I have no fight left in me anymore. I'm just spent.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Giblet Plus! posted:

Not in response to this but your post with the list of benefits women get: you are definitely right that gender inequality sometimes benefits women, but feminism is not about removing negative effects of inequality and keeping the perks, it is about true equity. I understand there are people who claim to be feminists who say men should be slaves and they mean it, but you have to understand that those are the Westboro equivalents of feminism and you shouldn't be listening to only the radicals in any movement.

The reason it's called "feminism" and not "humanism" or some other gender-neutral term is because the negatives of being a woman significantly outweight the perks, and in many cases, the "perks" are insulting, demeaning, or unwanted, like men being expected to assist women with manual labor. For a lot of women, that isn't a perk, it's just lovely.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Giblet Plus! posted:

Gay men don't care about dropping panties and not insecure straight dudes that don't follow conventional standards of dress frequently don't have trouble getting chicks in my experience. I've almost gotten gaybashed on a few occasions because of how I was dressed while being a regular sex-haver, and of course the gossip from women is totally the worst part, not at all the fatal beatings :allears:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

himajinga posted:

70% :eyepop: ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Giblet Plus! posted:

93% of workplace accidents involve men
uneducated men have more heavy lifting jobs? oh heavens and ive been ignoring your social burden all this time

quote:

85% of all consumer purchases are made by women
your right to shop is being infringed upon! wait is this supposed to imply women make or control 85% more money to evoke pity for men lmao

quote:

80% of elementary and middle school teachers are women, preventing boys from having male role models
with male teachers on the rise as old gender barriers mras love get worn down
but wait isnt that one of the "approved" jobs for women? wait i forgot women need to be home all day scrubbing on a a washboard because washing machines took away the 1 thing they actually should do

quote:

Women are shielded from rejection due to social norms expecting men to make advances
take care of your body and spend more than 20 seconds getting ready to go out every time then report back with life changing results and a new confidence in approaching women

quote:

Men have little variety in dress and grooming, women are allowed to dress as they please
"i want to be fabulous but society wont let me!"

quote:

Men are expected to help female strangers with physical tasks
according to a fairytale i read one time

quote:

83% of mothers receive custody in divorce
80% of mothers with custody receive child support, while 30% of fathers with custody receive the same
lousy women controlling the legal system
the legal system is slow to change write to your congresswomen because im sure you dont have any congressmen in your state
...or just be angry at women ...stealing your children ...well not your children but why shouldnt it be a reason for you to be mad :argh: WOMEN!

quote:

Either women are the intellectual equals of men ... or they are not
"all im saying is its not impossible women are genetically inferior"
well done for someone who doesnt understand that trends of society perceptions take a long time to change even though you ironically cite completely outdated ones among your complaints

• Locked thread