Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best shape of his life?
Yes
No
These guys work out at least 300 days a year, what a ridiculous question
Tom Brady did nothing wrong
View Results

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

I feel like we need an Armanti Edwards out of nowhere to make this all okay.

I think Arik Armstead will be this guy. Tons of potential, bouncing around the league forever because defensive coordinators all dream that he will work out for them.

He won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

Based upon what I saw last year I think Derek Carr's going to be a stud. I really hope the Raiders start finally turning it around - you guys deserve it.

When he was drafted I was telling people he'd be the best QB to come out of that draft. I still hold by that. He's gonna be good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lafell got 1000 yards and 9 TDs? That system really is built to exaggerate numbers my god. He's simply bad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait 953 is what I see.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wait 953 is what I see.

I think Kalli's numbers are including the playoffs.

Either way they're more than I would have thought.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

When he was drafted I was telling people he'd be the best QB to come out of that draft. I still hold by that. He's gonna be good.

I said the same thing and now he's a goddamn Raider

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wait 953 is what I see.

the 1000 is adjusted for ball air pressure

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You mean Kalli's number was a little overinflated.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I think Kalli's numbers are including the playoffs.

Either way they're more than I would have thought.

Yeah, including his playoff numbers.

The biggest thing in his favor is his size and the utter lack of anyone but him and Edelman looking like an NFL wide receiver for most of the season.

Then Amendola goes and catches 11 passes and 3 td's in the playoffs after being literally invisible before that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

The biggest thing in his favor is his size and the utter lack of anyone but him and Edelman looking like an NFL wide receiver for most of the season.

Then Amendola goes and catches 11 passes and 3 td's in the playoffs after being literally invisible before that.

Does anyone have a good explanation for what happened to Amendola? He was looking like an extremely talented replacement for Welker, minus the durability, while he was with Bradford in St. Louis, but then he shows up in NE and loving Brandon Lafell can outplay him. :psyduck: did he lose a step? Is he just not able to learn the Pats system like Ochocinco? I'm confused and I'd love it if someone had some insight. I really expected more from him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lafell got 1000 yards and 9 TDs? That system really is built to exaggerate numbers my god. He's simply bad.

LaFell isn't bad.

Nov 6, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Does anyone have a good explanation for what happened to Amendola? He was looking like an extremely talented replacement for Welker, minus the durability, while he was with Bradford in St. Louis, but then he shows up in NE and loving Brandon Lafell can outplay him. :psyduck: did he lose a step? Is he just not able to learn the Pats system like Ochocinco? I'm confused and I'd love it if someone had some insight. I really expected more from him.

Basically he was injured most of his first year with New England and missed a huge chunk of time. When he came back he had some up and down games and I think basically lost Brady's trust. It took him most of last season to crawl his way back to relevancy. I can remember his very first game with the Patriots and how promising it was. He had 10 catches for over 100 yards and some of them were amazing. And of course he tore his groin during that game and took forever to come back.

He's a talented guy, but he does not know how to protect himself at all. And constantly missing huge chunks of time just makes it hard to cement a top role in any offense unless you're a freak like Gronkowski.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 1, 2015

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

LaFell isn't bad.

Oh well then that solves that, then.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh well then that solves that, then.

I mean, he's no DeVante Parker levels of bad, right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

On the scale of

Me..Goon........Average Tffer.....Ehud.....................................................Jerry Rice........largent

Lafell is pretty close to Jerry Rice.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chichevache posted:

On the scale of

Me..Goon........Average Tffer.....Ehud.....................................................Jerry Rice........largent

Lafell is exceedingly mediocre. That's just not bad but yes, he's no steve largent...but who is??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Brandon LaFell is in fact very bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

If he's your starting receiver you've got problems.

We have no idea what parker is yet but great burn for whatever reason.

The patriots with real receivers are record breakers. Just a great system.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If he's your starting receiver you've got problems.

We have no idea what parker is yet but great burn for whatever reason.

The patriots with real receivers are record breakers. Just a great system*.

*TBD under more rigorous conditions

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ross Angeles posted:

I said the same thing and now he's a goddamn Raider

And now your patchwork defense has to deal with him for 15 years :laugh:

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

warcrimes posted:

Lafell is exceedingly mediocre. That's just not bad but yes, he's no steve largent...but who is??

I dunno, pretty much any Wide Receiver who didn't try to ban gay adoption and taxes. Boo to Steve Largent.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

And now your patchwork defense has to deal with him for 15 years :laugh:

I actually like San Diego's defense. Weddle, Flowers, and Verrett are a good 3/4 of the secondary. SS spot is still unclear, and I think that might be the landing spot for Craig Mager.

LBs are a huge question, but if they play up to their potential (Attouchu, Ingram), keep improving (T'eo), and unfuck their own mind (Butler), I think it's a solid group. Having Mike Nolan as a LB coach will help too I think.

DL can't possibly be worse than it was last year, Liuget aside.

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 31, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

On the scale of

I've got more of a mike alstott (slow and white) build

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I've got more of a mike alstott (slow and white) build

Are you asking me to move you up?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Kalli posted:

Not invisible - just stock piling spare knee ligaments during the year to prepare for the playoffs.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Jimmy Smith and Terrence Brooks have been practicing. Brooks wasn't expected to be active this early in the offseason so that's nice.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Marvin Jones burned Dre Kirkpatrick on a go route his 11 on 11 drill debut this year after missing every team activity last year with a foot injury. That's cool but not that remarkable.

Andy Dalton dropped it over his shoulder in stride.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Andy Dalton dropped it over his shoulder in stride.

well of course it's not the playoffs

edit: i wonder how poorly dalton would do on hard knocks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brandon LaFell is pretty much the middle of the road for a receiver. Can block, can catch, can run, can get open in the zone. Does none of the above exceptionally well, or badly. He's middle of the road in just about every way. Having brady hucking him the ball, Edelman running riot under neath and Gronk stretching the seam is good for him.

I think New England like him because he can throw blocks on corners, and that helps their little dinky dunky offense.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Metapod posted:

well of course it's not the playoffs

edit: i wonder how poorly dalton would do on hard knocks

We've seen it. Christian rock and yoga with his wife, it's exciting stuff

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jimmy Graham has apparently been dunking on fools in red zone drills to the amusement of his new team. When asked if he he had a different mindset when in the red zone he respond d "My mindset is to be taller than everybody else. That seems to work."

I can't wait for the season to start

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Brandon LaFell is like a slightly better version of Andre Caldwell

which means that he's mind-blowingly terrible

Nov 6, 2002

Brandon Lafell caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Then again so did Doug Baldwin.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

Brandon Lafell caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Then again so did Doug Baldwin.

Ricardo Lockette didn't! :suicide101:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean he's okay at blocking downfield, so there's that I guess. :shrug:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Receivers who are good blockers are the best.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when Chris Matthews caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl

Good times :unsmith:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The best Super Bowl TD is Ahmad Bradshaw's Backward butt thump

that awkward thing technically counted as a game winning touchdown

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

The best Super Bowl TD is Ahmad Bradshaw's Backward butt thump

that awkward thing technically counted as a game winning touchdown

The best super bowl TD was once linked to in my av, sadly the NFL is filled with jerks so no one can see it anymore.

Ok it was pretty boring but Hank Stram's planning and reaction made it.

e: Ok after looking for real don't watch the 24 second version of 65 toss power trap, you need a minute of Hank walking up and down the sideline telling everyone it's going to work and it will pop right open then a solid 40 seconds of 'wooooo! I told you!' to everyone anywhere close to him.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WugLyfe posted:

I mean he's okay at blocking downfield, so there's that I guess. :shrug:

He's loving fantastic as a blocker. On Lynch's big run against the Cardinals he had an insane number of blocks. Something like 5 on one play. He's a drat pinball out there.

And just like a pinball he can't catch.

• Locked thread