Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I got into scrabble a few years ago. I then got out a couple of months later when I realised just how much work it takes to be actually good at the game.

So kudos to you for sticking with it, must have taken a lot of dedication.

Here are a bunch of random questions I have.

1. Ever earned any money from tournaments?
2. Phonies. Does this happen a lot at high level play or hardly ever? Ever play any words you knew were bad just out of desperation or whatever?
3. Did you ever see Word Wars and if so what did you think about it? I liked it.
4. Ever read Word Freak and if so what did you think about it? I thought it was okay. Should have been shorter, too much history of the game stuff.
5. Ever played against anybody who appears in the book or the film?
6. Best player you have played against?
7. Is Nigel Richards the best scrabble player ever?
8. Ever thought about quitting?

If you can be bothered to answer any of these than thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33606449

I saw this and thought of this thread.

loving Nigel... he's taking the piss!

• Locked thread