Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Just take your phone (or iPod or whatever) to a store and try out a bunch of different brands/styles. Buy the ones that are the most comfortable and sound the best to you, either there in the store or online if you can find a better price. It's really not that difficult, and this way you know you'll be happy with whatever you end up buying since you actually did a little research before plunking down your hard earned cash.

E:

The specs that show the range of frequencies that the headphones can reproduce along with how well they can do so.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

A misanthrope posted:

i literraly just bought theses and was gonna ask goons if they're worth $70

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA

i read a review saying they're dope for the money

Definitely worth the money. They sound good, they're comfortable to wear, and they're also easily repairable if you break anything on them. And of all the different models listed that claim to be "studio standard" headphones, these (and the Sony 7506) are the only ones that are actually standard equipment in recording studios. You walk into any studio in the world and you'll find at least several pairs of AKG K240s and 140s. They'll also have a couple of higher quality options for use on critical jobs, but those vary from place to place based on owner and engineer preference; the AKGs are the only ones that you're guaranteed to find in a pro environment.

E: I'm not saying that the Sennheisers and Grados, etc, aren't pro quality headphones, I'm just saying that the AKGs are the ones most commonly found in that environment.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 16, 2015

• Locked thread