Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote dcsruffy1 lets look at this post and really break it down:

It's - Vague subject to lead off the sentence. Why can't dscruffy1 commit to a more definite article? Possibly nerves?

three days left - pointless reiteration of something that is obvious to everyone. Also, why is dscruffy1 on so concerned with the time left? Who likes to watch the clock? SCUM

and no one - again, the vagueness. Throws shade on the entire game and leaves himself (herself?) open to put a vote anywhere later in the game. Quite scummy.

is throwing stones. - More vague metaphors. Is throwing stones good? It doesn't sound good, it sounds anti-social and belligerent. Why does dcruffy1 want people to act violently? This is a scumtell.

I'm new - here dscruffy1 tries to play on our emotions and subtly begs for the "new guy shield" yet how do we know dscruffy1 is really new? We don't of course, and given the rest of his post this is probably more misinformation and lies. Why are you still reading this case and not voting dscruffy1?

to this day one - Oh look another reference to time to make us think dscruffy1 is looking out for the towns best interest. Yet he also uses "this" to covertly take ownership of the day. We all know who owns day 1. Scum.

thing. - Oh look another vague term that leave dscruffy1 open to claim the "thing" he was talking about refers to whatever he wants to push his scum agenda later.

There friends, I have solved D1 for you.

Okay cool. I can do this.

This day one is boring. This is normal.

I gather this from watching other threads and it is perhaps true. If not I would like to be proven wrong so I can learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Hal Incandenza posted:

There friends, I have solved D1 for you.

##vote dscruffy1 - sounds good to me.

dscruffy1 posted:

It's three days left and no one is throwing stones. I'm new to this day one thing.

Throw some! Even if you're wrong, it's a fun way to get things started.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am looking extremely unfavourably at people voting someone D1 of their first game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

I am looking extremely unfavourably at people voting someone D1 of their first game.

I am glancing sternly in their direction as well.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If this keeps up I will be writing a strongly worded letter.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You ladies need to grow some balls

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I learned in health class that ladies have inward balls inside their inverted shafts

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Well I mean gently caress me, that's the game right? Someone has to be the day 1 stalking horse rude or not. I'm not mafia or 3P but I sure am popular :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

Well I mean gently caress me, that's the game right? Someone has to be the day 1 stalking horse rude or not. I'm not mafia or 3P but I sure am popular :v:

It is, but we're not complete jerks. New players usually get a bit of a pass.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

It is, but we're not complete jerks. New players usually get a bit of a pass.

Oh like we are going to end up going with him. No one who is ever the leader early on D1 ends up being the kill.

We're just letting him get his feet wet at being targeted.

That being said, my case was pretty great.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

If this keeps up I will be writing a strongly worded letter.

That's the angriest thing a Canadian is capable of.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh like we are going to end up going with him. No one who is ever the leader early on D1 ends up being the kill.

We're just letting him get his feet wet at being targeted.

That being said, my case was pretty great.

This is true, we'll randomly vote someone on nothing with like 2 hours to go and they'll flip town and I'll be cross

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

This is true, we'll randomly vote someone on nothing with like 2 hours to go and they'll flip town and I'll be cross

~mafia~

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I'm gettin pretty upset that none of the scums have politely let us know that we should vote for them yet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mornacale posted:

I'm gettin pretty upset that none of the scums have politely let us know that we should vote for them yet.

It's pretty rude tbh

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Opopanax posted:

No, you'll be cross because 10 minutes to deadline we'll all change our minds and lynch someone different.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Maybe Opop will be cross because we'll actually pick them, like this: ##vote Opop

Also I'm reading through League I and Keane made a good point about the Opop/poop connection, very persuasive.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

loving League 1

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
keane still needs to do that thing where he gets scum to come out and announce themselves.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mornacale posted:

Maybe Opop will be cross because we'll actually pick them, like this: ##vote Opop

Also I'm reading through League I and Keane made a good point about the Opop/poop connection, very persuasive.

I flipped town in that one so you are now voting for someone you believe to be town

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Opopanax posted:

I flipped town in that one so you are now voting for someone you believe to be town

Um I didn't say you were gonna flip the same, looks like this scumbo over here is intentionally misrepresenting my rock hard case!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mornacale posted:

Oh no, I think me and Opop are forum married now since I claimed him in f/m/k in the mafia thread. I believe I have to defend his honor.

##vote Mornacale

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

King Burgundy posted:

Oh no, I think me and Opop are forum married now since I claimed him in f/m/k in the mafia thread. I believe I have to defend his honor.

##vote Mornacale

a lovers claim? unorthodox

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mornacale posted:

a lovers claim? unorthodox

That is an interesting conclusion to jump to. But no.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
KingB that is a bad vote and I don't like it.

Is it a joke vote?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also ##unvote

Hal may be a death miller, but he's our death miller.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

KingB that is a bad vote and I don't like it.

Is it a joke vote?

Of course it's a joke.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay that's fine then, joke away.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Okay that's fine then, joke away.

no u

##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That doesn't even make sense!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i will answer any question directed at me for the next howeevr long honestly

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Are you town?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yes

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Favourite pizza toppings?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

feta cheese, green olives, spicy pepperoni

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Given the current state of mafia on these forums, do you think Ecco gambit-ing is worthwhile strategy?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yes, even though i don't know what that menas

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Get rid of low volume posters first. I think scum are lurking at lot lately and in my last game (in which I was scum) just blindly lynching the lowest volume poster each day would have won town the game.

Obviously it becomes a bad strategy when scum start posting in high volume, but that's when the game gets fun.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Get rid of low volume posters first. I think scum are lurking at lot lately and in my last game (in which I was scum) just blindly lynching the lowest volume poster each day would have won town the game.

Obviously it becomes a bad strategy when scum start posting in high volume, but that's when the game gets fun.

This sounds like a wonderful strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Oh yeah

Well tbh my last modding job had quite a few lurkers so I'd be behind it as a form of sportsmanship

• Locked thread