Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The stupid bitchy fuckers who drive right on top of your rear end when you get stuck behind one. gently caress those people, gently caress you. You aren't gonna get the guy to drive any loving faster by driving a foot behind me. Back the gently caress off before you cause a goddamn accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Break check that dick.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

it's funny when this happens 10-20 times and the far left-lane becomes the slowest and the second-to-left lane becomes the passing lane

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Planarch posted:

it's funny when this happens 10-20 times and the far left-lane becomes the slowest and the second-to-left lane becomes the passing lane

And then someone in the left lane merges right into an suv and there's a giant pileup and baysplosions everywhere. People are loving stupid.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
I get annoyed when i just want to do the speed limit and save some gas on a long drive, so I stick to the right lane on a six lane freeway and still get tailgated

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

as someone who frequently drives as well i can relate to traffic frustrations

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

those bitchy fuckers really are pretty bad but you assholes driving 5 under are even worse if we're talking single lane

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
aids

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i am gods loving greatest god drat gift to mankind at driving like holy poo poo im so good and everything else is loving GARBAGE god drat i just turn into a murderous homocidal maniac at how every single person besides me is SO BAD like jesus loving tap dancing christ on a pogo stick what the gently caress is wrong with everyone else, like if they had even 1% of my driving skills they'd be good but they dont

- me irl

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Xaris posted:

i am gods loving greatest god drat gift to mankind at driving like holy poo poo im so good and everything else is loving GARBAGE god drat i just turn into a murderous homocidal maniac at how every single person besides me is SO BAD like jesus loving tap dancing christ on a pogo stick what the gently caress is wrong with everyone else, like if they had even 1% of my driving skills they'd be good but they dont

- me irl

Hi me

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I feel like if you aren't going 5 over you're basically Hitler, and also you are waiting for the cold embrace of death because clearly you no longer value your time or that of others.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
People who drive 5 over. Also there's a whole nother lane, at least! WOW. Cars!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
were you just hoping for someone to post the lost highway tailgating scene? because you got your wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5I7lXV9b88

PingtheMerciless
Dec 31, 2001
Lotsa bad intent.
My work vehicle is GPS monitored. It squawks at me if I go 10km/h over the speed limit. It emails supervisors and bosses.

gently caress you cunts that ride my rear end EVERY drat day. I hope you die in a horrible multi-car fiery accident full of other retards that can't leave a reasonably safe following distance.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

tetsuo posted:

were you just hoping for someone to post the lost highway tailgating scene? because you got your wish

Love that fn moovie

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Xaris posted:

- me irl

this doesn't sound like you irl at all

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Mooktastical posted:

And then someone in the left lane merges right into an suv and there's a giant pileup and baysplosions everywhere. People are loving stupid.

:staredog:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

tetsuo posted:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I wish the US was as big on lane etiquette as other countries. Really that's what a lot of this frustrating bullshit boils down to.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
When people drive slow in the fast lane I tailgate them until they get out of the way because if I wanted to go as slow as a Subaru Outback or whatever then I wouldn't have bought an Acura.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I get annoyed when i just want to do the speed limit and save some gas on a long drive, so I stick to the right lane on a six lane freeway and still get tailgated

in my state you have to go about 10-20 over to get good gas mileage in most cars on most of the freeways. the speed limits only go up to 70 in bumfuck remote areas.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
People who accelerate up to your speed when you go to pass them (multi lane obviously)

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Idahoans get so excited when a road is more than one lane in each direction that they drive way over the limit

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
The director of Google's SDV program agrees that there are a lot of lovely drivers, and has the proof.
https://medium.com/backchannel/the-view-from-the-front-seat-of-the-google-self-driving-car-46fc9f3e6088

quote:

Our safety drivers routinely see people weaving in and out of their lanes; we’ve spotted people reading books, and even one playing a trumpet.

quote:

In this case, a cyclist (the light blue box) got a late start across the intersection and narrowly avoided getting hit by a car making a left turn (the purple box entering the intersection) who didn’t see him and had started to move when the light turned green. Our car predicted the cyclist’s behavior (the red path) and did not start moving until the cyclist was safely across the intersection.

quote:

In this image you can see not one, but two cars (the two purple boxes on the left of the green path are the cars you can see in the photo) [b]coming toward us on the wrong side of the median; this happened at night on one of Mountain View’s busiest boulevards.

quote:

A car (the purple box touching the green rectangles with an exclamation mark over it) decided to make a right turn from the lane to our left, cutting sharply across our path. The green rectangles, which we call a “fence,” indicate our car is going to slow down to avoid the car making this crazy turn.

And other times, cars seem to behave as if we’re not there. In the image below, a car in the leftmost turn lane (the purple box with a red fence through it) took the turn wide and cut off our car. In this case, the red fence indicates our car is stopping and avoiding the other vehicle.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

kazr posted:

as someone who frequently drives as well i can relate to traffic frustrations

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
premature ejaculation

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
i was driving home late at like 2 A.M and there was almost no one on the highway, three lanes. except this one guy in a minivan lane squatting ~70 in the passing lane who i saw drive by at least 3 huge flashing road signs that said "PASSING LANE FOR PASSING ONLY, MOVE OVER". i eventually drove past him and he faded into the rear view mirror. a tiny speck all alone on the highway, still in the fast lane.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
You consider 15 over the limit too slow, and you still wanna pass me and then cruise about half a yard in front of me.

:what:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I pass people on residential roads all the time when they are going 20 or lower in a 25. I will probably get a ticket for this someday, but I ain't got time to be driving in slow motion.

I also honk a lot and flip people off. Almost daily. It's a personal problem.

I don't care so much on the highway when it's the difference between 50 and 60, but when it's the difference between 15 and 30, it's going to take me literally twice as long to get where I am going.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I drive 30 under and sometimes that means I go into the negative and whoo boy you don't want to see what kind of hosed up space time poo poo starts happening when I hit that point.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
This happens to me the most on single lane roads. Drives me fuckin bonkers.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

OctoberBlues posted:

I pass people on residential roads all the time when they are going 20 or lower in a 25. I will probably get a ticket for this someday, but I ain't got time to be driving in slow motion.

yeah same. most of the thoroughways through my city are really just residential streets with alternating 2, sometimes 1 lane each and pretty much everyone goes 35 because its miles long and takes loving forever with all the stoplights, if you aren't going at least 5 above the speed limit you get stuck behind every single drat one or when it merges down to 1 lane you'll be stuck behind some pokies still a lot of old people or people not from here go like 20 and it's pretty annoying.

it even passes the police station and ive never seen it patrolled, i guess most city cops don't give a poo poo unless they really see someone blasting through at like 45 or doing something wreckless.

don't really give a poo poo about how fast people go on the highway, just dont be an idiot texting on your phone and drifting between 2 lanes and im ok.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Xaris posted:

yeah same. most of the thoroughways through my city are really just residential streets with alternating 2, sometimes 1 lane each and pretty much everyone goes 35 because its miles long and takes loving forever with all the stoplights, if you aren't going at least 5 above the speed limit you get stuck behind every single drat one or when it merges down to 1 lane you'll be stuck behind some pokies still a lot of old people or people not from here go like 20 and it's pretty annoying.

it even passes the police station and ive never seen it patrolled, i guess most city cops don't give a poo poo unless they really see someone blasting through at like 45 or doing something wreckless.

don't really give a poo poo about how fast people go on the highway, just dont be an idiot texting on your phone and drifting between 2 lanes and im ok.

Mmm, gay as fuxck.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I park on the freeway in my big rig blocking all 4 lanes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I park on the freeway in my big rig blocking all 4 lanes

High five you big gay fart.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

If I drove legally drunk, I'd estimate I'd still be better driver than 75% of the sober ones I see on a daily basis.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I saw some a Mazda protege tailing this truck with a huge lift kit and the truck obviously didnt like it and they slammed on the brakes on the freeway and the bumper went through the windshield. The Asians inside were seriously hurt.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

I also honk a lot and flip people off. Almost daily. It's a personal problem.

I don't care so much on the highway when it's the difference between 50 and 60, but when it's the difference between 15 and 30, it's going to take me literally twice as long to get where I am going.

You are, perhaps, the shittiest person in the world

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
armenian genocide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i love driving 5 under and also i never use my turn signal. i call it IRL trolling

• Locked thread